Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Amazing Power Of Forgiveness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Amazing Power Of Forgiveness (748 Views)

Here's Amazing Power I Consumed While Reading Books / (the Amazing Son-in-law) The Charismatic Charlie Wade / The Power Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Amazing Power Of Forgiveness by Kindoo: 4:10am On Feb 02, 2018
Omojuwura

Mr and Mrs Agbana were happily married Christan couple.  Christans with trial, they had only one son, Oluwaseun. Mrs Agbana got pregnant immediately after their wedding to their joy and that of their families members. At the due time, she was delivered of a son. They praised and thanked God, the giver of all good gifts. After that they had not another. They prayed, fasted,  gave,  met pastors, all to no avail.  Mrs Agbana could not have another child. It was the pain in her heart  but the husband consoled her.
Mr Agbana
God raised a nation out of Jacob, he was just a man. God will raise a nation out of him. All we need do is to raise him after the mind of God and he would be save.
Mrs Agbana accepted  by faith what the husband  said but it was one thing that was her inner mind interest. They raised him in a godly way and gave him  the best they could in other areas of life.
   The young man,  Oluwaseun grew up a promising young man,  loving and a lover of God. He embraced his parents faith and served the Lord. He served in church as an usher, a smart usher with godly heart.  He was also doing well in school. Dedicated to the church fellowship on  campus and given to his book in the class.  After 300 level section, they got break,  that was the second to the last section for him. He came back home after he had perfected all he had to do in school. The parent welcomed  him warmly,  it was usually a happier time for them.  They will have another person  to share life with.
     One morning, he went out to buy grocery from a shop not too far from their house.  He looked left and right before crossing, he crossed  to the side of the road successful. As he walked on , a man testing his car hit him from behind. He was mechanic testing out one of the cars he was working on and it failed. Oluwaseun fell in pain. The man stopped and called for help. Oluwaseun was rushed to the hospital. Those who knew the Agbana family around the area put a call across  to the mother. She fainted at once. Her only child. She was helped back to herself.  She was then helped to the hospital where the son was. Her husband was also aware so the two met there.  They could not talk much, worry and fear had crippled  their  minds. Mr Agbana could only say, God is in control. He called their pastor, told him all that had happened and requested for his prayers at that moment.
      It was a bad damage done, Oluwaseun could not survive it, he was broken on the inside,  much blood was lost as he had many opening where  blood was gushing out. The doctor quietly called the husband in and broken the news to him. He could not hold in,  tears of deep sorrow rolled down from his soul to his sleeve. The wife ran to him,
Mrs Agbana
What is it? 
Mr Agbana
Oluwaseun has gone to be with the Lord.
Mrs Agbana gave a loud horror cry. All hearts were pierced. Oh sorrow! The two wept painfully and those who could not bear wept with them. It was a dark moment for them.  Only the two could know how deep the death of their son hurts. Their only son, there had been non after him. They both went to where he lied and wept the more,  he obviously died in pain.
Mrs Agbana summoned courage to fight  for his son,  he called the police  for the arrest of the man.
Mrs Agbana
He will not go scott free. He killed my son. He crushed my joy. He must pay.
Mr Agbana felt on his side that that was not the next thing to do. They should give their son a beffiting burial. To him, Oluwaseun died in peace, he could see angels descending and ascending in the room.  He could see the spirit of his son at the side of the master.
Mr Agbana
I think we should give him a befitting burial,  he has gone to be with the Lord. I know it.
Mrs Agbana
We will. But this evil man will surely pay.  He is the agent of the devil sent to cause me pain.
Mr Agbana
Let's honour him and still leave the case until possibly we burry him.
Mrs Agbana
Till then, he would be in the custody of police, lest he runs away.
The police came and took the sorrowful man away.  The cry of the parents pierced to his mind that he could felt their pain. The pastor of their church  came in at the time of pain, he was in total darkness over this,  how would the Lord allow  such young brother to waste away. He had not seen this coming, that was unusual. Hmm! May his soul rest in peace. 
The body of Oluwaseun was buried amidst  tears and joy.  Joy filled the heart of the saints,  for they knew his soul went to be with the Lord. They had sorrow because, he was too young to go home, that was not the promise of satisfaction with long life.
     After the burial Mrs Agbana took it upon herself to avenge her son by sending that man who killed her son to jail.  He must pay for this. Mr Agbana wanted forgiveness on his side for two reasons, one,  Oluwaseun soul rested with Lord. Secondly, he could not sit before the unbelievers for judgement  when he knew what to do.
Mr Agbana
I have decided  to forgive. We sin against God  and he forgives us. Why should we look away from God's mercy and let this man pay the price of his life or rot in jail.  Let us use this to gain him to Christ. Let give heaven a reason to rejoice.
Mrs Agbana
Don't talk  of Christ  here,  where was the Christ when all this were happening. He should have protect  my son if he does  not want me to deal with him. I will.
Mr Agbana
You cannot, the Lord forgives our sins, you are to forgive others. Please let us do,  that is what my spirit cries.
It was hot as the two continuously move on different directions on this.  Their pastor also came to their house in the most humble way to deliver what was impressed on his mind.  It was the same thing. Forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness.
Mrs Agbana
I am not angry. I just want my child to get justice. Isn't that good? I have forgiven, if I did not I know what I would  have done.
Pastor
It is his will that you forgive  at this time.  The lord require it of you.
Mrs Agbana
Will that restore child?
Mr Agbana
Neither will avenging him do. Leave vengeance  to God.
Pastor
Please forgive,  it isn't  easy doing that especially in such situation but  please forgive him.
Believe me,  The lord will  bring you restoration beyond comprehension.

At the end she bowed to His will,  they withdrew  the  case and moved on with life. It was pain to her soul,  for a few period she was plunged into unhappiness, she had taking fighting for the son a consolation. Now that was gone, the light of God Illuminate her spirit and the joy of the Holy Ghost helped her soul.
The family of the man who hit their son could not believed it. It was a hard thing to do,  who among them can take such? They forgave and indeed gained  their souls for Christ, for it was a heart of love.
They lived on and allowed the Holy Ghost to help their souls. Months after, Mr Agbana came with the idea of adoption two children since they had tried all to get other children before then and it seemed not to work . The wife accepted and they decided to pray be making a choice. They were in the act when the wife became a little ill. She prayed for healing but it persist,  so she went to the hospital to meet with a doctor. She got the shocker of her life. It was a good 'illness'.
Doctor
Madam, I congratulate you. You are pregnant.
Mrs Agbana
I must say here that it is over twenty years I have experienced that, I have tried all and nothing happened. May be there is a mix up somewhere.
Doctor
I was here when you lose your son. I was the one who broke the news, the cry piece into my mind and I was moved.  I thank God that I am the one breaking the new of God mercy to you today.  It is you.  You are the only one who have come here today for this.
Mrs Agbana
Alright  thank you.
She stood up and went to two other places  and all was same, she broke the news to the husband with result and it was joy everywhere, this was the confirmation of God's promise  on restoration. He had spoken that, even the year that had been eaten up, will be restored. So for their  shame he gave multiple. Mrs Agbana gave birth to a son and after that came two more children.
It was later revealed to them that their forgiveness was to God like a great price. Not many could do that so he decided  to reward  them with their greatest need.

visit
www.wurastories.com.ng for more
Re: The Amazing Power Of Forgiveness by givjoy: 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hi Kindoo, I would love to chat with you. How do I contact you? Kindly get in touch via the details below or send me a message on WhatsApp.

(1) (Reply)

The Night Love Died (A short story) / Say A Prayer And A Birthday Wish For Me Fams,Friends And Followers / The Bed Undefiled By Joy A. Adewumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.