Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem (5582 Views)

Ekweremadu Describes EFCC's Denial As Worrisome / #panamapapers: Buhari’s Silence Worrisome, Lackadaisical And Repugnant / Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by Syenite(m): 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2010
THE NORTH angry
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by franko2: 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
otukpo:

CORRUPTION

ELECTRICITY

Bullseye!

In addition, maybe this story helps illustrate another;

I once saw a posting here about someone looking for a job. I got curious, partly because I might have been willing/able to do something for this person so, I rang and we had a chat. While we chatted, his theme kept on being, oga, what can you do for me now?

Do for you? I think say na work you want? What of what you can do for me, if I employ you? You go do the work? Without, cutting corners and using my things take do your own?

I was so put off, I never retured to him.

So, reaping, where we (NIGERIANS) have not sown, is classic!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by zobay(m): 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2010
FEAR!

* We are afraid of mere mortals calling themselves politicians.
* We are afraid to fight crooks in power.
* We are afraid of confronting idi.otic Imams in mosques preaching trash.
* We are afraid of confronting greedy pastors telling us to give them all our money.

* We are afraid of rising up as a people to fight and defeat oppression.
* We are afraid of exposing our bosses who are kleptomaniacs
* We are afraid of confronting idiotic traditional rulers use "culture" and "tradition" to manipulate the people.

* We are afraid of coming together to fight the thieves in Abuja
* We are afraid of "other" ethnic groups.
* We are afraid of coming together to fight the criminals in our various state capitals.
* We are afraid of joining forces to deal mercilessly with the thieving tyrants pretending to be "local government chairmen".
* We are afraid of numbers/data.
* We are afraid of statistics.
* We are afraid of juju.
* We are afraid of science.
* We are afraid of mathematics.
* We are afraid of English, especially grammar.
* We are afraid of witches.
* We are afraid of darkness.
* We are afraid of dying.
* We are afraid of living.

We too dey fear!

No objection and in addition
*We are afraid of tell our friends/uncle/aunty to stop stealing
*We are afraid of telling ourself the truth.
Everything boils down to FEAR! FEAR!! FEAR!!!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by PHIPEX(m): 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
Am then asking is it that we who wear the shoe don't know where it is paining us or is it simply that we are meant to have different opinions to every issues?

Now am even more confused than ever.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by nijaprince: 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
Nigeria's greatest problem is CORRUPTION! This has so eaten deep into the fabric of the nation that it has now become a common way of life and whoever is not involved is termed a dunce!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by 1forall: 12:55am On Jan 22, 2010
PHIPEX:

Now am even more confused than ever.

Guy confuse no further, its simply our collective inability to think as a people.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by RichyBlacK(m): 1:00am On Jan 22, 2010
, zobay:

No objection and in addition
*We are afraid of tell our friends/uncle/aunty to stop stealing
*We are afraid of telling ourself the truth.
Everything boils down to FEAR! FEAR!! FEAR!!!

Fear is our biggest problem. In the US and UK, where I've lived, no politician can try any nonsense. The people will deal with the person. The only ass.hole to mes up recently was George Bush and that was because he capitalized on the fear that permeated the American society after the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks.

We Nigerians are bloody cowards and timid buffoons! Instead of slapping those greedy politicians, you see Nigerians dobaleing for those scoundrels!

Recall that Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at George W. Bush? That is what I'm talking about! Guts! Which Nigerian will think of doing that to any of our useless government officials? Why can't we hear that a Nigerian citizen landed a very solid slap on one those pot-bellied kleptomaniacs? When are we going to get angry enough to punish the imbeciles that have put us in this perpetual state of poverty?
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by rasputinn(m): 5:43am On Jan 22, 2010
Lack of sincere leaders
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by mbulela: 5:55am On Jan 22, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Fear is our biggest problem. In the US and UK, where I've lived, no politician can try any nonsense. The people will deal with the person. The only backside.hole to mes up recently was George Bush and that was because he capitalized on the fear that permeated the American society after the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks.

We Nigerians are bloody cowards and timid buffoons! Instead of slapping those greedy politicians, you see Nigerians dobaleing for those scoundrels!

Recall that Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at George W. Bush? That is what I'm talking about! Guts! Which Nigerian will think of doing that to any of our useless government officials? Why can't we hear that a Nigerian citizen landed a very solid slap on one those pot-bellied kleptomaniacs? When are we going to get angry enough to punish the imbeciles that have put us in this perpetual state of poverty?

during your numerous visits to Nigeria,how many of the greedy politicians have you slapped?
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by RichyBlacK(m): 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
mbulela:

during your numerous visits to Nigeria,how many of the greedy politicians have you slapped?

I've not been unfortunate enough to be within a yard of any of those scoundrels.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by blandish: 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
1) Effizzy is our greatest problems, we like everything made in yankee, mumu people, dem no no say na made in chinko.

2) we too like money, everyone wants to be a politician so that they can loot.

3) we too kiss politicians nyash!!!, why because you might need their connection or they might roja you.

4) the white man, they are the ones that continue to provide an avenue for our corrupt leaders to hide their stash in foreign banks, these foreign banks then use our cash to issue loans and credit cards to their citizens, the same white man, when he sees that your money in their bank is reaching 1-4 billion dollars, they will arrange an oyibo ashawo to give you poisonous apple so that you will die, what happens when you die?? THEY FREEZE YOU BANK ACCOUNT.

5) With the same money that they get from the frozen account, they use it to give Naija Loan , na wa.

At the end of the day, ARA will continue to GBA NDI ARA grin
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by emeke123(m): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2010
Like the bible says "My people perish because they lack knowledge" This is Nigeria's problem, we lack knowledge to improve our economy. The rich steal from the poor and the poor has no knowledge to fight back, We lack the ability to share power among ourselves, once one person has the power he/she keeps is "in the family" DEMOCRAZY na wetin we dey lack that na our problem.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by 50kobo: 12:18am On Jan 23, 2010
Greed + desire to succeed - electricity= Nigeria's key problem

Its not just the govt but the average nigerian is greedy!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by feelme3(m): 1:57am On Jan 23, 2010
PDP and Islamic Zealots!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by baconline(m): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2010
Our biggest problem is,we (Nigeria) are not meant to be together.Let the country divide to smaller countries then we shall grow. The North will be forced to face its Islamic issues or lose out, the west will need to generate all it needs and so on.Let the Niger Delta fight themselves over their oil. Any thing short of that,we can not grow. Free oil money is a big problem to Nigeria. If 30% of all my income is deducted as tax,do you think I will sit down and let one punk of a leader embezle that money.No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by teeroy(m): 1:03am On Jan 24, 2010
A man parading himself to be a pastor with the name, Dr. Paul Ruby Borngreat and formerly with the Believers Loveword Ministry is currently being hunted by the Nigerian Police Force for the theft of a hefty amount of foreign currency. The public and churches in particular are warned to be at alert as this man moves from one church to the other with the intent of defrauding and stealing fom innocent indivioduals.

He was last seen in Abuja in mid- January 2010 but is currently believed to be in the Lagos metropolis. Any member of th public who sees him should either report to the nearest police station or call the following numbers; 07036761985, 08059261828 and 08067713196. There will be an apprecable reward should such information lead to his apprehension.

Find below a recent photograph of him.

[img][/img]

Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by Timijo(m): 11:14am On Jan 25, 2010
D chief problems of nig are selfishness, greediness and lawlessness.Nigeria is a complex nation wit a complex problem.But everybody wants to hav everytin around him to himself rather than solving d problem.OH! WHAT A GREAT PREDICAMENT! [color=#990000][/color]

Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by gerona: 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
corruption + money laundering = lack of amenities and infrastructures.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by gerona: 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2010
corruption + money laundering = lack of infrastructures and amenities
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by theresaA: 3:58pm On Jan 25, 2010
Corruption is endemic in almost all aspects of life. Perhaps a start might be to pay public employees properly and on time! Corruption at top level of Government must be a priority. Religious intolerance is a second worrying problem.   Theresa A.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by Elenurazor: 4:10pm On Jan 25, 2010
All what u a saying is good, the best remains revolution. Kill all these corrupt leaders both past and present and make the federal unattractive, them they will no more be interested. Empoer the states more so that each cabn develop at their own pace than relying on the Fed Govt father christmas. sad sad sad
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by asha80(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2010
Elenurazor:

All what u a saying is good, the best remains revolution. Kill all these corrupt leaders both past and present and make the federal unattractive, them they will no more be interested. Empoer the states more so that each cabn develop at their own pace than relying on the Fed Govt father christmas. sad sad sad

Elrazor them ban u?
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by 1forall: 7:23pm On Jan 26, 2010
I asked someone and he said it's the government's refusal to legalise corruption.
Tells you how bad our problems are.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by donjon: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2010
I believe 9ja's most worrisome problem is our collective mentality!

Every poor man complains of corruption, but that same poor man is bound to be corrupt himself if he finds himself in a position of power!

Everybody wants a white collar job, nobody wants to farm.
Etc.,.,

the poor masses keep saying "e go beta".
When the power to change their destiny is in their hands!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by idifu(m): 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2010
they are many it's a very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list poverty,Nepa,corruption,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bombs Kill 10 At Pdp Rally - One Person Arrested / Lagos To Get 60 Ferries As Fashola Inspects Prototype In Australia / Osun Declares June 12 As Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.