Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem (5583 Views)

Ekweremadu Describes EFCC's Denial As Worrisome / #panamapapers: Buhari’s Silence Worrisome, Lackadaisical And Repugnant / Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by 14(m): 11:46pm On Jan 20, 2010
People must just be Nigerians and nothing else. You can't kill some one just because they speak different language or practice different religion than you.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by Bishopplus: 12:12am On Jan 21, 2010
Our problem in dis country is a deep rooted self decay & hypocrisy.We must come out clean for things to move on in dis country.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by mbulela: 12:17am On Jan 21, 2010
I used to think it was corruption until two weeks ago.
I came to the realization that curroption is present in every society.The underlying cause for the wanton prevalence in ours is an ineffective system that produces a group of leaders that are not only ineffective but inept, greedy, decietful and devoid of any sort of integrity.
That ineffective system is the underlying cause of every other problem that persists in this country.
If we can break the hold of barbarians over leadership in this country,then we can begin to address other problems.Then we can begin to see a sincere addressing of the NEPA issue, Niger Delta and even a minimization of corruption (i did not say eradication o!).
The present situation in the presidency where everyone without exception in the political space is consumed by greed, self preservation and even ineptitude bares credence to this fundamental and in my view most worrying problem if the country.
Until that is addressed, we will be going in circles and the barbarians will keep raping our collective heritage and resources.
The only exception will be that their greed and selfishness consumes them before the resources are exhausted.

Afterall, Nigerians are not the worst followers, we are not the most populous, we are not the only ones with oil, we are not the most corrupt.Their is no bad trait that is our exclusive preserve.But i think that the System that produces our leaders is not only most ineffective but also moribund.That is why we keep recycling the same barbarians and their children.If it is not Saraki, it is Saraki's son.I it is not Yar'Adua, it is Yar Adua's brother.The same Lukman, the same Ojukwu, the same Ojo Madueke, the same Babangida and the same Afenifere lot.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by ajalio(f): 12:24am On Jan 21, 2010
Even if I will provoke now some and annoy, I pronounce it loud and clear out.

You ask what is the most worriesome problem? Well, you people are this and nothing else.
Even if I never was in Nigeria up to now (but what changes very soon), it is completely enough
to read here on Nairaland  the single subjects to receive an impression of Nigeria.
There is virtually no topic where you do not insult and offend each other after the shortest time.
And not only in the political sector, even in romance topics it is the same.
*Men offend women and women offend men.
*One tribe insults other and vice versa.

You complain about corruption, poverty, lacking education system and health service and all other, e-e?

*You are a debt for it.
*Your inability to admit own mistakes and to accept mistake of the other for humanely.
*Your pride and your prejudices, your egoism, your lacking ability to discuss on deferential
 Wise differences of opinion and to find solutions.
*But above all your limitless lethargy in past decades.
*You have allowed that the governments  have made with you what they wanted.
*You have allowed that a tribe was played against the other.

God, Allah, Jehovah, or how ever you call him will already intervene one day?
Whose prayers should he hear?
Are we not all his children? On whom should he decide then?

Even if @edoyad will say now again
"I'm sure you can see that we're getting ourselves mobilised and taking matters into our hands."

I have discussed hours with my man and friends this subject.
And I was always the advocator "together one is strong" "One can reach everything if one only wants".

However, quite honestly? Slowly I have doubt that is possible in Nigeria.
*You cannot think and act for the public weal.
*Everybody searches only his own advantage.
Certainly there are exceptions, but I fear that is not enough.  sad
It would be a great pity, because Nigeria could be so great.

So, now you are allowed to stony me if you want, however, this is my opinion.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by selencious(f): 12:49am On Jan 21, 2010
The Leaders and the People!!!!! A good leader makes a good follower;vice versa
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by ikennahill: 12:50am On Jan 21, 2010
D main problems are,light and corruption
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by 1forall: 12:59am On Jan 21, 2010
The citizens' inability to think as a people!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by comoros: 1:31am On Jan 21, 2010
In a nutshell, corruption, ethnic and religious fanatism, and illiteracy stand high above other numerous problems!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by ebogentle(m): 1:56am On Jan 21, 2010
State of Origin!
Somehow i think if we can just expunge that from our everyday lives, we will begin to solve our problems
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by 9jauk: 2:10am On Jan 21, 2010
AMAGAMATION NO DEY WORK O!
MALO MUST GO,
IGBHO MUST COME UP WITH BIAFRA COUNTRY;TROBLE ZONE
YORUBA ,OPC IN CHARGE WAHALA DEY.
SERIOUSLY MY PRAYER IS WE MUST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by skyone(m): 2:20am On Jan 21, 2010
The deep rooted problem is the "Almagamation of different society and different ideas" which lead to insecurity, corruption, and break down in the society.

Think what would have happened if France and Britain was alamagamated as one country or if Italy and Spain was to be a single country, 'of course there will be lack of understanding due to cultural differences and that's what we are faced with in Nigeria today and it will remain with us forever i'm afraid.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by skyone(m): 2:31am On Jan 21, 2010
☻ajali☺:

Even if I will provoke now some and annoy, I pronounce it loud and clear out.

You ask what is the most worriesome problem? Well, you people are this and nothing else.
Even if I never was in Nigeria up to now (but what changes very soon), it is completely enough
to read here on Nairaland  the single subjects to receive an impression of Nigeria.
There is virtually no topic where you do not insult and offend each other after the shortest time.
And not only in the political sector, even in romance topics it is the same.
*Men offend women and women offend men.
*One tribe insults other and vice versa, 

Madam calm down in reality fellas on this Nairaland wouldn't have acted in an oblivious way you've described above if it were to be a round table forum. Nairalanders are mainly catching their fun whenever a thread got heated up so dont take such seriously, overlook the non-comical side of each posts and throw your piece puree to spice things up. wink
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by chakaz(m): 2:40am On Jan 21, 2010
After all said, the issue is nothing but insincerity and lack of trust.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by marvix(m): 3:02am On Jan 21, 2010
Brazen show of corruption.
Corruption alone could not have brought us this far but the preponderance for corruption, whereelse in d world would a man be placed in a position to handle funds in trust embezzle it and come displaying it from the people he looted and yet the people cheer? Y should a councillor or LGA Chairman who got into office within 1yr hav houses evry where nd his people call him lucky that one day it wil be their turn, we wil destroy ourselves dis way. Y shld we reward wealth that can't be accounted for?
The orientation that one day I wil get there nd do my own is killing this country because one day there wil be no there
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by marvix(m): 3:18am On Jan 21, 2010
@ajali simply put u are right
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by darkman200: 3:28am On Jan 21, 2010
all of the above!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by ajalio(f): 3:50am On Jan 21, 2010
skyone:

Madam calm down in reality fellas on this Nairaland wouldn't have acted in an oblivious way you've described above if it were to be a round table forum. Nairalanders are mainly catching their fun whenever a thread got heated up so dont take such seriously, overlook the non-comical side of each posts and throw your piece puree to spice things up. wink

It would be nice if you were right, but so completely I cannot believe this.  undecided
However, to this kind of humor I will never get used.  smiley
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by harakiri(m): 3:57am On Jan 21, 2010
I believe the original question should be rephrased like this :

What is Africa's most worrisome problem!

That being said, i feel our problems are two major ones mainly GREED and WICKEDNESS! Our greediness knows no bounds.It's only in our countries you will see one man having over $50 billion in a swiss account while common citizens suffer in lack and penury. Mind you, our societies are the type where corruption is a "virtue" and we follow the unwritten rule which is :

KILL THE SMALL THIEF AND CROWN THE BIG THIEF AS KING! ! !

Talking about wickedness, Africans are worst self oppressors ever. A typical African cannot sit down for one minute to visualize how to use their education to improve the lives of their people but they can put their "smart brains" to good use when it comes to looting the government treasury and twisting law and order in their own favor.This trend has been going on since the slave trade era and still goes on till today.Look at the leaders we have, most (if not all of them) are well educated people.A lot of them are PhD holders who know better but. . .

Still talking about wickedness, i'm not gonna talk too much about superstition but go to the village and see how relatives back home do all sorts of things in a bid to make lives difficult or impossible for others.Any little thing they deem as provocation is an excuse to use fetish voodoo and wreck havoc not only on the intended victim but the generation as a whole. I'm not fetish but i have seen more than a few live experiences in my 30 years of life on earth to make me respect African wickedness to their fellow human beings! You can even see this wickedness in the so called christians e.g Members of Mountain of Fire ministries (MFM).Go there and see how their members wail on God to kill their "enemies". . .All you hear is pyschotic screams of FIRE,FIRE,FIRE. . .DIE,DIE,DIE! ! ! And you wonder, what happened to turning the other cheek?What happened forgiving your "enemy" 77 times 7 times? Isn't Christianity about being CHRIST-LIKE?

Just me two cents about Africans (Greed and Wickedness).
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by ajalio(f): 3:58am On Jan 21, 2010
@skyone

I think in every post, thus funny he may be also meant, is a granule truth.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by zobay(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2010
Our problem in dis country is a deep rooted self decay & hypocrisy.We must come out clean for things to move on in dis country.
We shy away from reality thinking that a northerner sees a southerner as a fellow Nigeria.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by kieskies(m): 9:38am On Jan 21, 2010
Lack of free and fair Election that will put everything in place
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by Zimex: 9:44am On Jan 21, 2010
Corruption, Corruption and Corruption again.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by Spyker: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2010
We need to mutallab the entity call CORRUPTION before we can move forward. If i may list some of them in order of priority, this is how it will look like.

(1) Corruption
(2) Police
(3) Politicians
(4) Nepa
(5) NNPC
(6) chei, dem too many ooh, it looks like every SECTOR in Nigeria is not working. Ooh God, Save US cry cry cry
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by palermo: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2010
e go better! grin
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by jice(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2010
Me
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by jice(m): 11:51am On Jan 21, 2010
Me and You
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by jice(m): 11:52am On Jan 21, 2010
Me, You and Him
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by RichyBlacK(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2010
[size=14pt]FEAR![/size]

* We are afraid of mere mortals calling themselves politicians.
* We are afraid to fight crooks in power.
* We are afraid of confronting idi.otic Imams in mosques preaching trash.
* We are afraid of confronting greedy pastors telling us to give them all our money.
* We are afraid of rising up as a people to fight and defeat oppression.
* We are afraid of exposing our bosses who are kleptomaniacs
* We are afraid of confronting idiotic traditional rulers use "culture" and "tradition" to manipulate the people.
* We are afraid of coming together to fight the thieves in Abuja
* We are afraid of "other" ethnic groups.
* We are afraid of coming together to fight the criminals in our various state capitals.
* We are afraid of joining forces to deal mercilessly with the thieving tyrants pretending to be "local government chairmen".
* We are afraid of numbers/data.
* We are afraid of statistics.
* We are afraid of juju.
* We are afraid of science.
* We are afraid of mathematics.
* We are afraid of English, especially grammar.
* We are afraid of witches.
* We are afraid of darkness.
* We are afraid of dying.
* We are afraid of living.

We too dey fear!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by brideman: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
stop blaming the notherners, is BABA IYABO a northerner?
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by olalekan1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2010
Bad Leadership. simple!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by capsmo(m): 1:48pm On Jan 21, 2010
it appears like it is power supply; but it is more of corruption.
we also need to change our psyche, our mentality.
The Nigerian mentality MUST be changed.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Most Worrisome Problem by otukpo(f): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2010
CORRUPTION

ELECTRICITY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Regime Vs Democracy / Ondo Workers, Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of Allowances (photo) / Buhari Leads In Lagos After 15 Local Governments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.