Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. (56812 Views)

Is It Wrong For This Young Lady To Have Accepted Lunch Before Being Interviewed? / A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook / He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by babajero(m): 7:00am On Jun 08, 2017
manson5011:
Its obvious that life is a cycle.
There was this job vacancy in my place of work and 8 people did apply for it which they were to be interviewed yesterday.

By privilege as an Admin/Acct Officer I was authorized by my HR who was engaged in a crucial meeting to conduct the interview on his behalf so far I know what the company requires.

Lo and behold among them was my secondary school Teacher who did teaching practice (TP) when I was in SS1.

We were both shocked when we saw each other, looking at each other, I smiled and said Sir kindly have a seat.

We gist for 30mnts then I used 5mnts to ask him where he worked before now, that's all.

Meanwhile, I recommended him OK for the job and asked him to come and start work tomorrow.

It is good to live peacefully with all men as you may not know where your turning table will stop next.
The question is, was that a dishonesty for me to have picked him as there were 2 people who had professional certification ahead of him?

Nairalanders over to you!
Mr man what really matters is technical know-how and experience not really certificate, which can easily be bought in any of our Nigerian universities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by loswhite(m): 7:01am On Jun 08, 2017
Mustay:

Supported. Where you realise that you have a conflict, simply step aside or have someone else do this.

We all know we have biases and I totally understand the moral part the OP is trying to make but what OP does not realise is that, this is NEPOTISM. Nepotism is also a form of CORRUPTION.

Just to emphasise, nepotism is "the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs".

The irony or negative consequences of such actions is that the candidate's future performance or character can rub off on you or affect productivity later.

Nigerians compromise truth using religions and the likes but the truth remains the truth no matter whose ox is gored. Like UDF will say

"Conscience is an open wound, only the truth can heal it” - Uthman Dan Fodio
Was he qualified for the job? If yes then wat ever you are saying is rubbish... so because I knw someone doing the interview and I am qualified for that reason I should not get the job abi? Continue to speak your English but wait till u are one wearing the shoe...I won't be surprise if u are from South South precisely urhobo/isoko coz they are the ppl that think like this...foolish thinking

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by buchilino(m): 7:03am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Very unprofessional. You don't bring emotion into things like this.

I DON'T THINK HE WAS BEING EMOTIONAL, MAYBE DER WAS SOMETHING HE SAW IN DAT TEACHER, DAT MAKES HIM FEEL HIS QUALIFIED. HAVING CERTIFICATES DON'T NECESSARILY MAKES A PERSON GOOD ADMINSTRATOR.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by buchilino(m): 7:03am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:

I DON'T THINK HE WAS BEING EMOTIONAL, MAYBE DER WAS SOMETHING HE SAW IN DAT TEACHER, DAT MAKES HIM FEEL DAT HIS QUALIFIED. HAVING CERTIFICATES DON'T NECESSARILY MAKES A PERSON GOOD ADMINSTRATOR.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by jim16sha: 7:03am On Jun 08, 2017
"ONE GOOD TURN, DESERVES ANOTHER"BECAREFUL OF TODAY,COS TODAY WILL DETERMINE TOMORROW,&WHRER EVER U MAY B,BE KIND.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by CioAngels(f): 7:04am On Jun 08, 2017
You did very well my dear to have given him the job. The guy who said unprofessionalism, when it comes to ordinary Nigerians as we are called, it is wrong. We are all are aware that the politicians and elites children/families were employed secretly Pass or Fail of which the children/families of Buhari and Osinbajo were employed, did you call that Professionalism? Yet, we did not carry placard to tell them that secret employment was unproffessionalism.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Duke55: 7:05am On Jun 08, 2017
When God gets involved in your matter, protocols and requirements will not be an issue. It is called God's favour. And he would so arrange it in his own way that even you would be amazed. It will just be effortless.

Some Christian's here will understand this. That was exactly what has happened to that teacher. A lot of people have such experiences including me. So always ask God for devine favour for that thing you dedire if you are a christian.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Caseless: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2017
kaboninc:

What he should have done is to excuse himself!

That's the proper thing because there's a conflict of interest.

Hian
did you read why he was assigned to take up the responsibility?
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by feelgoodInc: 7:07am On Jun 08, 2017
Uncommonbreed:
Please I have a question. Who can one use as a referee on CV.
PIERLUIGI COLLINA world famous refree, I've used him in all my CV and 90% of the time I got the job, I've been switching jobs since then.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Willie2015: 7:09am On Jun 08, 2017
TWoods:

1. God does not bless dishonesty - obviously you read a different bible. I challenge you to show me where God blessed such.
2. He is no hero - rather he is an example of Nigeria's decline and the lack of integrity among those who call the name of the Lord (mostly in vain).
3. There is no grace to avoid lack - the Lord does not bless evil.
4. Your dismissal of professionalism is why your country isn't going to progress anytime soon. Even if all politicians dropped dead today, Nigeria will not change. The "youths" are just as cavalier with honesty.

Sigh... I just finished reviewing 63 job applications for my employer... many of whom were Nigerians. To be honest, i basically hit the "delete" button for every Nigerian application without more than a 5 minute glance.

God bless anyone he chooses, he get it done anyhow he wants. It is not your business how he get it done. Romans 9:15 For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."

Are GMDs of coys not professionals that they put their children and close relatives on the board of their companies. Can you delete the CV of your GMD candidate for employment in the manner you delete 63 job application without more than a 5 minute glance.

Learn to show "Mercy", it will take nothing to invite at least 1 person out of the 63 application, these are ordinary Nigerians like you.

Ecclesiastes 9:11- Living Word translation says,

I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

Being in the right place at the right time is called Gods Favor.

2 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by innytee: 7:09am On Jun 08, 2017
Uncommonbreed:
Please I have a question. Who can one use as a referee on CV.
Any person of a good reputation and that can give in depth information about you when requested of him.
Eg, your father, uncle,pastor, your village head,local government chairman, senator, minister, and so on
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by loswhite(m): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2017
Mustay:

See this:

If the professional certification was NOT a necessary requirement/standard for the post, no problem. Nonetheless, there is still a bias by the OP as he spent 30 minutes chatting and 5 minutes doing the actual work which is why it is better to avoid such situations - you won't treat them objectively because of your bias.

In such threads, I am not perturbed by those who (and this is not referring to you chiscodedon) insult you or tell you that "na baba God", "who professionalism epp", "u fit do am if na your bro?", "get rich or die poor" and the likes. Recently, someone's incident has shown us how even criminals will pose with exotic items generated from fraudulent income and still say "Baba God, u don do am for your boys".

What you are seeing here is a SOCIETY THAT HAS COME TO ACCEPT CORRUPTION AS NORMAL. Religion and other bases are just the manipulative thoughts to justify the wrong. Ironically, these people will blame politicians and leaders alike for favoring their lot while they cannot avoid what they condemn. Like they say, it is easy to throw stones when you are outside the glass house.

I am putting this out there so that some people (especially younger ones) are not misguided and really, I am not even moved or disturbed by differences in opinions - SAYING IT AS IT IS. He has given a context and provided basis for his decision. Imagine the other guys reading this and in their minds, like NL job seekers, they believe nothing works in Nigeria because they are qualified for certain jobs but are never picked as a result of favoritism.

We all have different moral codes and let yours guide you - to each his own. Good luck manson5011
How can u call this corruption? Do u knw the definition of corruption? So Donald trump the American president is corrupt right? Coz the last time I checked his daughter and son inlaw are appointed as special advisers....please only use your moral code when u knw the person u knw is not qualified not when someone is qualified and then u deny the person simply because u knw the person, that's rubbish

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:12am On Jun 08, 2017
Mustay:

See this:

If the professional certification was NOT a necessary requirement/standard for the post, no problem. Nonetheless, there is still a bias by the OP as he spent 30 minutes chatting and 5 minutes doing the actual work which is why it is better to avoid such situations - you won't treat them objectively because of your bias.

In such threads, I am not perturbed by those who (and this is not referring to you chiscodedon) insult you or tell you that "na baba God", "who professionalism epp", "u fit do am if na your bro?", "get rich or die poor" and the likes. Recently, someone's incident has shown us how even criminals will pose with exotic items generated from fraudulent income and still say "Baba God, u don do am for your boys".

What you are seeing here is a SOCIETY THAT HAS COME TO ACCEPT CORRUPTION AS NORMAL. Religion and other bases are just the manipulative thoughts to justify the wrong. Ironically, these people will blame politicians and leaders alike for favoring their lot while they cannot avoid what they condemn. Like they say, it is easy to throw stones when you are outside the glass house.

I am putting this out there so that some people (especially younger ones) are not misguided and really, I am not even moved or disturbed by differences in opinions - SAYING IT AS IT IS. He has given a context and provided basis for his decision. Imagine the other guys reading this and in their minds, like NL job seekers, they believe nothing works in Nigeria because they are qualified for certain jobs but are never picked as a result of favoritism.

We all have different moral codes and let yours guide you - to each his own. Good luck manson5011
Mr Oga, you don't need to perspire this much, even God himself shows preference, he said Jacob I love, Saul I hate, whether you accept it or not, God has intervened on his behalf..period.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by tasiaboss(f): 7:15am On Jun 08, 2017
when God is at work you have no option than to follow God's instructions. you did not do that sir God did it. professtionalism has no say here.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Angelovic96: 7:17am On Jun 08, 2017
Mustay:

Supported. Where you realise that you have a conflict, simply step aside or have someone else do this.

We all know we have biases and I totally understand the moral part the OP is trying to make but what OP does not realise is that, this is NEPOTISM. Nepotism is also a form of CORRUPTION.

Just to emphasise, nepotism is "the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs".

The irony or negative consequences of such actions is that the candidate's future performance or character can rub off on you or affect productivity later.

Nigerians compromise truth using religions and the likes but the truth remains the truth no matter whose ox is gored. Like UDF will say

"Conscience is an open wound, only the truth can heal it” - Uthman Dan Fodio

you are just speaking English here!
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by tuscani: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2017
manson5011:
Its obvious that life is a cycle.
There was this job vacancy in my place of work and 8 people did apply for it which they were to be interviewed yesterday.

By privilege as an Admin/Acct Officer I was authorized by my HR who was engaged in a crucial meeting to conduct the interview on his behalf so far I know what the company requires.

Lo and behold among them was my secondary school Teacher who did teaching practice (TP) when I was in SS1.

We were both shocked when we saw each other, looking at each other, I smiled and said Sir kindly have a seat.

We gist for 30mnts then I used 5mnts to ask him where he worked before now, that's all.

Meanwhile, I recommended him OK for the job and asked him to come and start work tomorrow.

It is good to live peacefully with all men as you may not know where your turning table will stop next.
The question is, was that a dishonesty for me to have picked him as there were 2 people who had professional certification ahead of him?

Nairalanders over to you!
Even the Bible says, do good to all men especially those in the household of faith. In this case, your teacher was in the household of faith, well-done!!!
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 08, 2017
Krystalzkris:
There are some kinds of secondary school teachers you can't do this for grin

Wow!!! what a damsel.

So u sef experience some of those bad koboko. Chai cheesy
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by babamadiba(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2017
galax1:
DAT was divine arrangement 4 him it breaks protocol. rem u were not d person dat should have done d interview but Gods plan made u act as his helper
bless you bro
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by taylor88(m): 7:21am On Jun 08, 2017
Krystalzkris:
There are some kinds of secondary school teachers you can't do this for grin

which side are u in ph
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Azeez532(m): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
if u wer to conduct a job interview for ur relation,wld u b sentimental or not?

Hmm
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by NoToPile: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2017
Was he qualified for the job, did he meet the basic requirements?

As long as he met all that I really don't see what the problem is. There's also recommendation, I would give the Job to someone who met the basic requirements and I have seen what he can do.

There's always a factor of grace for some people.

I once went for a second stage interview, there were 2 interviewers in different offices, the guy that interviewed me looked at my CV and said you finished from command xyz in xyz year I said yes, he said do I know him, I said no. He said he was a set ahead of me, he asked me a question, I got it t, asked another I was thinking about it, he told me what it meant and said I should explain, I did , I even felt he wasn't listening to me and that was it, he said I can go.

I spent less than 5 mins and others spent quite some time those outside were wondering how fast it was, I was wondering if I did anything wrong lool.

Next I got was a congrats message .

Was it a coincidence that the guy who interviewed me was a senior I didn't know? I doubt it. Was he bias? I really don't know, Was I qualified for the job? Yes .Would I have gotten the job if I had another interviewer? Yes.

People go for interviews praying for favor, this is just one of the ways it plays out.

So OP as long as he met the basic requirements you did well.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by brightology3: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2017
Mustay:

See this:

bros you dey disturb me abeg.na morning be this nor allow me talk, i use God beg you.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Yankiss(m): 7:25am On Jun 08, 2017
Well, what he did was unprofessional. He abused the trust reposed in him by his boss. It is called conflict of interest. He ought to have handled the matter professionally. If there were to be any backlash he would lose everything - the oga's trust, his job and his integrity. This is the kind of sentiment that left Nigeria the way it is. We ought to divorce sentiments from professionalism.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Lagban(m): 7:26am On Jun 08, 2017
Lwkmd. U r wicked
feelgoodInc:

PIERLUIGI COLLINA world famous refree, I've used him in all my CV and 90% of the time I got the job, I've been switching jobs since then.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by kaboninc(m): 7:32am On Jun 08, 2017
Caseless:
did you read why he was assigned to take up the responsibility?

Yes I did caseless...

And I'll repeat, he should have informed his boss that there would be a conflict of interest.

He could go ahead and interview the other two applicants....

That's the proper thing to do sir.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by frubben(m): 7:33am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
God bless u for dis comment. See d reason why our economy is failing.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by BlueRayDick: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2017
vickylincon:
sorry bro. which country are you? a country where graduate earn 20k as salary?

Come on! I know graduates earn as low as 20k, but imagine having BSc accounting and then ICAN certification join and tell me u take a 48k job? Anh ahn....i will kuku go and teach in a secondary school for 20k and do extra lessons to the tune up for 30k or more both during weekdays and weekend.

Even a third class graduate does not deserve to earn that low with professional qualifications na
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by kaboninc(m): 7:33am On Jun 08, 2017
Yankiss:
Well, what he did was unprofessional. He abused the trust reposed in him by his boss. It is called conflict of interest. He ought to have handled the matter professionally. If there were to be any backlash he would lose everything - the oga's trust, his job and his integrity. This is the kind of sentiment that left Nigeria the way it is. We ought to divorce sentiments from professionalism.

I hope Caseless sees this..

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by stagger: 7:34am On Jun 08, 2017
Kai! 48k for a month's labour. This is money some people spend feeding their dogs in 2 weeks. Surely, a man's earning power has to be determined by him early in life.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:38am On Jun 08, 2017
galax1:
DAT was divine arrangement 4 him it breaks protocol. rem u were not d person dat should have done d interview but Gods plan made u act as his helper
Well God's plan have cause two other people with better qualification their jobs. It is good to help but don't involved God in this unless your God is partial. Tell me how would you feel if you are among the two unfortunate people? With better qualifications or even experience yet you weren't given the job, Then you heard a teacher got the job. Won't you scream corruption? Is your God corrupt?
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by dee02(m): 7:42am On Jun 08, 2017
The title of your thread should be "How you, as an inappropriate act of pittance, gave your secondary school teacher a job without due process" smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / 2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / Lets Discus Payrolls In Nigeria. What Is Your Monthly Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.