Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death (31416 Views)

'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video / Photos From Outside Sani Abacha Stadium After Hitting Full Capacity For Atiku / Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by mrikay: 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
Iceman2017:

Apart from too much dictatorship... Military regine was better. Economy was not that bad not withstanding the rate of looting then.

'Economy was not that bad' either you are indomie generation or a shameless peddler of misinformation.

The economy crashed under Babangida... I can still remember the horrors of SAP... Do you know what they call Abacha Stove? You don't know sh*t!

Ps: this is my first time of using vulger language on nairaland... But the mention of 'Abacha' just ticks me off!

3 Likes

Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by mrikay: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
danabdu:
since his death nothing have change in nigeria.
for me dat will mk him the best head of state..cos then d middleman lack non

A lot changed! Although Buhari is presently setting the country back again...

1. Freedom of expression. Abacha shut down news watch for critisizing him. Soyinka and Dele Momodu fled through seme border... Thank God that is how they escaped death.

2. Good Diplomatic ties with the International Community... Abacha killed Saro Wiwa and 11 Ogoni Freedom Fighters DURING A UN MEETING! beat that for ma.d.ness.

3. Abacha ruined the economy.

4. Abacha killed sports.

5. Abacha wanted M.K.O to die in Prison.

Thank God Abacha Died!

1 Like

Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
Iceman2017:

Apart from too much dictatorship... Military regine was better. Economy was not that bad not withstanding the rate of looting then.

Economy better?

You weren't around for the period 1983-90, and 91-2003, were you?

Especially 1983-90.

And yes...economy good from 1973-81....thanks to sky-high oil prices...plus the fact that we still earned a decent revenue from agric and mining.
Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Omoluabi16:
No ma'am. GEJ wasn't influenced. It was Nigeria's centenary celebration and all our past leader and people of repute were awarded. From Ironsi down to yaradua, that's how it is usually done. Although professor wole soyinka rejected the award as a protest because Abacha was honoured. You get?
Okay. Thanks for the enlightenment!
Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by Omoluabi16(m): 7:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Okay. Thanks for the enlightenment!
you're welcome!

1 Like

Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by lgboks(m): 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
after all said and done, Nigerians haven't learnt from their past..... God help us cry
Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by bencarson007(m): 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
9jakohai:

The worst democratic regime is better than the best military regime.
. Not always sir... Maybe not in Nigeria, but please read about Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso and compare with the current idiot they have now... Anyways Naija case is always different
Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by mpowa(m): 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
Iceman2017:

That time brought about 'NOW'. If we're still in military rule, Nigeria might not exist again by now.
Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by Philinho(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
Barzinime:
He who calls another a fool is actually the fool, the wise will never say such instead try to gain more Knowledge & btw I wasn't referring to you... Shows the kind of person you are...you just a PIPSQUEAK
pls go to bed. fool
Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by Iceman2017(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
mrikay:

'Economy was not that bad' either you are indomie generation or a shameless peddler of misinformation.

The economy crashed under Babangida... I can still remember the horrors of SAP... Do you know what they call Abacha Stove? You don't know sh*t!

Ps: this is my first time of using vulger language on nairaland... But the mention of 'Abacha' just ticks me off!

Thou I hate the use of vulgar language. I was in secondary school when Abacha died.
The only time we felt this type of present hunger was 1993.
Maybe because I was in a comfortable environment, but that was the only time we felt hardship. Then we used that stove with saw dust.
But next time you can kindly speak maturely without using all these dirty words. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death by Barzinime(m): 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
tongue tongue
Philinho:

pls go to bed. fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Professor Jonathan Andrew Nok Is Dead -El-rufia Speaks (Photos) / DSS, Police Begin Fresh Screening At INEC Collation Centre In Kano / Scores Leave Presidential Villa In Big Deployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.