Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? (59530 Views)

Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' / Meet Olaitan Oyetola, Biography Of Osun State First Lady To Be (photos) / Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Afam4eva(m): 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
vicadex07:
Its between Mariam Babangida and Stella Obasanjo. Both were top notch classy women.

Patience on the other hand na agbero. She was uncouth and unladylike. That made her popular for all the wrong reasons.

Mama peace was notorious, not popular.

If she isn't throwing grammatical bombs and bullets today, she will be busy bullying one governor or the other, or probably calling some group of people "born throway" undecided

She was such a huge comic relief and was instrumental to the electoral loss of her husband grin
This is how Nigerians fail exam. They asked who was popular whether rightly or wrongly anf you're telling us who has class and doesn't have class. kai.

@topic
Patience Jonathan is the undisputed champion as far as popularity is concerned. The second position goes to the likes of Maryam Babangida, Maryam Abacha and Stella Obasanjo in no particular order. But my favourite has to be Maryam Babangida.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by invectives(m): 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
uglodoh:

She started the first lady when her husband claimed he was military "president". Her NGO was better life for better women.
na lie..Better Life for Rural Women..
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by ussy09(m): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Stella obasanjo n mama peace
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Sultty(m): 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
7,Mariam babangida she's d most popular at home aND abroad, second is Victoria gowon but abacha wife that one na artificial light skin and firm bobi we know her for
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by uglodoh(f): 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
invectives:
na lie..Better Life for Rural Women..
Na we term am better life for better women but was actually better life for rural women.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by davillian(m): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
DearIZ God ooooooo
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by yakubchedi(m): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
Maryam Babangida.....
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by realnas(m): 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
When you are talking the most colorful first lady no one comes close to Maryam babangida, the woman who ensured that no any other woman was appointed as minister in ibb 's govt aside from that she brought glamour to the office of the first lady.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by realnas(m): 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
When you are talking of the most colorful first lady in Nigeria's history no one comes close to the mercurial Maryam babangida, the woman who ensured that no any other woman was appointed as minister in ibb 's govt ,the initator ofsocial programs like better life or something aside from that she brought glamour to the office of the first lady.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Mambox: 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
It's not even contestable except by the teenagers and twenties in house. By every Maryam Babangida.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Leo042(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Guys we are talking about popularity here ,u can defined them in ur own way as u like, but in terms of popularity it goes between Stella obansjo and Mama P
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Slurity(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Many people don't know the different between popularity and performance. For popularity = mama peace. Stella for performance.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Badonasty(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
MrPolitics:
Nigeria has had 14 first ladies since 1963. Which of these women is/was the most popular at her prime?

1. Flora Azikiwe - 1963-1966

2. Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi - 1966

3. Victoria Gowon - 1966-1975

4. Ajoke Mohammed - 1975-1976

5. Oluremi Obasanjo - 1976-1979

6. Safinatu Buhari - 1983-1985

7. Maryam Babangida - 1985-1993

8. Margaret Shonekan - 1993

9. Maryam Abacha - 1993-1998

10. Fati Lami Abubakar - 1998-1999

11. Stella Obasanjo - 1999-2005 (only first lady to have died in office)

12. Turai Yaradua - 2007-2010

13. Patience Jonathan - 2010-2015

14. Aisha Buhari - 2015-present

which of these first ladies is the most popular?

It's between Stella obasanjo and patience Jonathan
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by ststyreal(f): 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
Na una know ooooo. Na popularity Op talk, (no be classy or eloquency) be it for wrong or good reasons, popularity na sha be popularity, hence, even my small niece dey always dey say, sister, chaiii there is God ooooo, I go begin dey laugh. Nobody beat my Madam Faka faka, my madam PPP for life, my madam born Throway, in terms of First lady popularity. Madam Patience Faka Ebele Jonathan all the wayyyyyyyyyy. I love that woman die, ruggedy mama!!!! Portharcourt Agbero Mama!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
Social media made mama peace popular..
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by egoldi01: 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=vicadex07 post=57321239]Its between Mariam Babangida and Stella Obasanjo. Both were top notch classy women.

Patience on the other hand na agbero. She was uncouth and unladylike. That made her popular for all the wrong reasons.

Mama peace was notorious, not popular.

If she isn't throwing grammatical bombs and bullets today, she will be busy bullying one governor or the other, or probably calling some group of people "born throway" undecided

She was such a huge comic relief and was instrumental to the electoral loss of her husband grin

@ Vicadex, Patience was not popular but about 4 paragraphs to her alone out of five?
Hmm. Just passing night ooooo

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Adminisher: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
bamosagie:
Its between Maryam Babangida, Stella Obasanjo and Mama Peace......
I will give it to Maryam Babangida.
Victoria Gowon

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by seunlly(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
Amberon11:
Ojukwu is dead but his manhood lives on - PEJ
And who the hell uproot your damaged brain.
I thought you are still managing the damaged one..
omg.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by dareglo: 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mama Pee Joe......with her bomb.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by delpee(f): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
Maryam Babangida

She touched the lives of women (especially rural women) in wonderful ways. I remember the Better Life markets she created where you could get fresh produce straight from the farms at cheaper rates.The women didn't have to pay exorbitant rates to trade there. The markets had many women coming from rural areas to trade mostly on Sundays. She supported women entrepreneurs in different fields.
She also supported the creation of People's Bank for the poor (especially women) to provide easier access to credit.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Techguyz(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
My Mother
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by GloriaNinja(f): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
amdoyin82:
na lie.. Mama peace. Patience Jonathan is the most popular among them. Her vocal made her popular
Leave that thing hooray, just because she was involved in memes as a result of some grammatical errors or catch phrase she says or the involvement in Looting does not make her as popular and charismatic as the late Stella obasanjo, Stella died a very long time ago 2005,i understand that's why you think patience was popular than her, which is not true, you can't deny the fact that stella went places when she was the first first wife.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by GloriaNinja(f): 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
Cyriloha:

sweetie your right in fact your just after my ♥
lol
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by GloriaNinja(f): 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
bonifieldstun:
lol my most popular first lady is GLoriaNinja (in my own world u are my first lady)
LOL FUNNY
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by soulfood(m): 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
MARYAM BABANGIDA ...AGAIN
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by GloriaNinja(f): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=Chikelue2000 post=57318484][/quote] LOL
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by SirTee02: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
I think stella obasanjo, was and still the most popular among the first ladies
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by mywells: 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
13. Patience Jonathan - 2010-2015
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by charlesucheh(m): 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
All prejudice aside, patience remains the most popular.........
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by SammieJeffrey(m): 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
Its ''Dame patience Goodluck ebele''.... no agruments..
If you agree with me.. Hit the like buttons..
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by bessmanie: 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
Maryam Babaginda. Too much class. The first real first lady, she made that office a formal one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri On Cattle Colonies: What Will Happen To Any State That Allows It / President Buhari's Cute Face (original Photo) / Okorocha Renames Ministry Of Happiness, Blames Printer’s Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.