Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself (760 Views)

QUIT FIGHTING WARS / Two Snakes Found Fighting In Church After Prayers - Evangelist Chibuzo Fredrick / Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by Mescopaul(m): 8:34am On Jun 09, 2017
CHRISTIANS: QUIT FIGHTING RELIGION, FIGHT YOURSELF.

Zealous CHRISTIANS often say that:

"Christianity is NOT a religion"

If it's not a religion, then what is it?

A sect? A race? Or a movement?

Fellow believers, our problem is not in the DEFINITION of the word "Religion", but in our failure to produce the typical Christianity that existed in the time of Christ.

So stop fighting "religion" and fight YOURSELF.

Fight your convinctions.

Fight your lukewarmness.

Fight your coldness.

Fight your gross ignorance.

Fight your foolishness and idiosyncracies.

As far as I'm concerned, CHRISTIANITY is a full blown religion, and the best one at that.

#GoodMorning
#Mescopaul

1 Like

Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by An2elect2(f): 8:49am On Jun 09, 2017
People who say Christianity is not a religion are very funny. If only they know men are the problem not religion cos if the latter was, Jesus would have died for religion grin
Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by rottennaija(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2017
Mescopaul:

Fellow believers, our problem is not in the DEFINITION of the word "Religion", but in our failure to produce the typical Christianity that existed in the time of Christ.

Fight your convinctions.

Fight your lukewarmness.

Fight your coldness.

As far as I'm concerned, CHRISTIANITY is a full blown religion, and the best one at that.

#GoodMorning
#Mescopaul

Christianity is not supposed to be a religion. It was is supposed to be a way of life, which should be influenced by Bible messages.

Unfortunately, religious organisation have turned Christianity into religion, members becoming their followers instead of being Jesus's followers. They see members as belonging to them, they own them and rule or govern over them. Creating religious hierarchy in the process, having big names.

Most religious organisation basically become a secondary mediator, inserting themselves between Jesus and the members. And that is why they can boastfully claim "if you don't belong to our organisation, you are not worshiping God".

Now, I believe that's is the mentality that has to be fought. Members need to start knowing that christ is their head, not religious organisation and that in the judgment day, it will be between them and christ. They cannot latter say, my pastor said so or my religious organisation said these.

1 Like

Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by Mescopaul(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2017
rottennaija:

Christianity is not supposed to be a religion. It was is supposed to be a way of life, which should be influenced by Bible messages.
I will define what religion is incase you missed that:
"Religionis any cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, world views, texts, sanctified places, ethics, or organizations, that relate humanity to the supernaturalor transcendental."
(SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion)

Compare your bolded to my bolded. Culture is defined as a way of life of a people. If you say christianity should be a way of life, you're simply saying, Christianity should be a culture, and religion defined above says its a "Cultural System".

Are we getting somewhere?

Unfortunately, religious organisation have turned Christianity into religion, members becoming their followers instead of being Jesus's followers. They see members as belonging to them, they own them and rule or govern over them. Creating religious hierarchy in the process, having big names.

Most religious organisation basically become a secondary mediator, inserting themselves between Jesus and the members. And that is why they can boastfully claim "if you don't belong to our organisation, you are not worshiping God".

All you said, is what I just said up there: The problem is from US not on from "RELIGION". I said

Now, I believe that's is the mentality that has to be fought. Members need to start knowing that christ is their head, not religious organisation and that in the judgment day, it will be between them and christ. They cannot latter say, my pastor said so or my religious organisation said these.

Fine, so vent your anger on church leaders and not on RELIGION.
Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mescopaul,
Brother....you just preached!
Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by Mescopaul(m): 4:14am On Jun 10, 2017
Ngo40:
Mescopaul,
Brother....you just preached!

I dont get...what about preaching, if I did?
Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by NPComplete: 7:22am On Jun 10, 2017
Mescopaul:

Fight your convinctions.

Fight your lukewarmness.

Fight your coldness.

#GoodMorning
#Mescopaul

The part in bold font is what I agree with the most.
90% of modern Christianity is sheer foolishness and undiluted ignorance
Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by NPComplete: 7:25am On Jun 10, 2017
rottennaija:

Bunkum.
A religion is a way of life. There is no way we are letting u separate the two even if parroting the inexistent dichotomy strokes ur ego. Christianity is a religion which in turn is a way of life. Same as Islam and Zoroastrianism.
Nothing makes u special.

1 Like

Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by rottennaija(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2017
NPComplete:

Bunkum.
A religion is a way of life. There is no way we are letting u separate the two even if parroting the inexistent dichotomy strokes ur ego. Christianity is a religion which in turn is a way of life. Same as Islam and Zoroastrianism.
Nothing makes u special.

I believe you should read first before responding and while reading, you should also understand first before responding and if you don't understand, you should stop responding.

Secondly, I didn't crave your attention. I simply said what I know. Ego? You can claim what you want, still it doesn't change anything neither does it satisfy my ego.

If you want to create a hierarchical religion organisation, probably practice legalism in it, your problem, not mind. I have broken free from it and if you don't like it, if you don't like the aspect that you can't control me with your legalistic religious organisation, then, that's the way it should be.
Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 11, 2017
Mescopaul:

I dont get...what about preaching, if I did?

It's just a saying we have here in the U.S...
I was giving you a compliment cause I agreed with what you said basically smiley
Re: Christians: Quit Fighting Religion, Fight Yourself by Mescopaul(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ngo40:

It's just a saying we have here in the U.S...
I was giving you a compliment cause I agreed with what you said basically smiley

Oh, thank u dear

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Countries That Have Restrictions On Islam And Christianity / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 / Apostle Suleman Warns: I Don’t See Any Election In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.