Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys (14013 Views)

Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... / Big Python Killed In Our Farm Swallowed 2 Turkeys (Pictured) / 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
See pic

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Smartslim17: 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
tasho105:
Turkey eggs now 13 today.it was 11 eggs yesterday I guess another hen has started laying but I'm yet to discover which of the other 2 hens.
I'm keeping all the eggs together so that they will be incubated by one hen-hope this is right.

U need to join WhatsApp or telegram group to know more abt this , people hardly talk abt turkey on nairaland.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2017
Eggs now 18 today,being laid by 2 hens and none is ready to incubate. I'm so confused.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Smartslim17: 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
tasho105:
Eggs now 18 today,being laid by 2 hens and none is ready to incubate. I'm so confused.

U can try nd keep one turkey permanently with the eggs and luck It up with the eggs , at least for the main time. Let see if dat will work. Or find Local hen dat has started laying nd change d eggs.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2017
Smartslim17:

U can try nd keep one turkey permanently with the eggs and luck It up with the eggs , at least for the main time. Let see if dat will work. Or find Local hen dat has started laying nd change d eggs.
Awesome idea...cheers
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2017
Eggs now 19.
A hen has started to incubate the other is still laying.
Can a hen incubate and hatch 19 eggs or should I share the eggs between the 2 hens.
Thanks
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2017
tasho105:
Got my zartech cobb 700 order today.they are 51 in the carton.i also ordered fo 12 local turkeys
Brooding house was ready before their arrival.i noticed some greenish poo in the delivery carton and in the brooding house which the supplier said it's normal(hope so too).
Some of the broilers(almost half) have touches of black on them.im seeing that for the first time on broilers.let see how they turn out in 2 weeks.
See pic....

With reference to this 16/06/17 post,this is to let you know that I lost the last turkey of this batch today.
It is very painful,started losing them right from the day I got them.A great lesson learnt in a hard way.get more on this on my other thread...
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
tasho105:

With reference to this 16/06/17 post,this is to let you know that I lost the last turkey of this batch today.
It is very painful,started losing them right from the day I got them.A great lesson learnt in a hard way.get more on this on my other thread...
Sad to hear that. Turkey requires more attention than even broilers.
Feed, medication, etc must be adhered to strictly.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Sad to hear that. Turkey requires more attention than even broilers.
Feed, medication, etc must be adhered to strictly.
Not only turkeys...all the birds in this batch.The turkey was the last...so painful.
Thx anyways
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
tasho105:

Not only turkeys...all the birds in this batch.The turkey was the last...so painful.
Thx anyways
Poor feed may be responsible if you were formulating yours.
Improper medication/hygiene could be also responsible.
Deal with this two things, your birds will be fine.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Biotics: 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2017
The Organic Booster and Deodourizer (OBD) made from Lactic Acid is a wholesome product and the most commonly used Probiotic agent that improves growth performance, feed conversion efficiency, nutrient utilization, intestinal microbiota, gut health and regulates immune system in animals especially, Chickens, Turkeys ,Cattle, Horses, Pigs, Sheep, Goats, Dogs, Rabbit, Fishes, etc.

OBD is the Easy Solution to Odourless Farming. It also gives Optimum Production for your Broilers, Pigs, Livestock, Laying Birds, It also Boost Broilers Development and improves Immunity in Poultry Birds, Fish and Animals generally. It is the Solution for Fish Ponds dirty/foul water removal, healthy and rapid Fish Growth.

Your animals will not also fall sick on E-Coli and Salmonella which means less spending on drugs because it improves their immune system.

Therefore TAKE the ADVANTAGE of this wonderful Product and Start FARMING ANYWHERE without disturbing your Neighbours or NEIGHBOURHOOD.

OBD is the Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry, Piggery and Fish Farming, Also an effective FOUL ODOUR REMOVAL for Farms, Households, Sewage, Dust Bins, etc.

BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES is a SUPERFOOD [/b]and has strong [b]NUTRITIONAL VALUE with many HEALTH BENEFITS.

It has been proven in ruminant i.e. livestock that when molasses accounts for more than 50% of the diet, the digestibility of all types of feeds that accompany the molasses is depressed often to the point of only half the value recorded when molasses is not given.

Molasses is high in iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium, all of which are important to animal's and man's health.

The OBD is =N=1,000 per Litre and the Blackstrap Molasses is =N=1,500 per Litre.

Kindly call or Whatsapp 09096429203 to place your order.

Thanking you for your Patronage.

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
The noilers at my backyard is now 13 ,lost 2 out of 15 so far.
They are 14 weeks old,and they've grown so big.
They now feed on kitchen leftovers,insects and....
I have no plans of culling them soon,want to keep them till December to see if they can reproduce before then.
I'm thinking of doing another batch of 50 of it,they are less stressful and cheaper to rear.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
See their pics...

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by jfkenny(m): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
14weeks, not too big.. Though I ve not kept them before.. U reared from day old..

1 Like

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
jfkenny:
14weeks, not too big.. Though I ve not kept them before.. U reared from day old..
Yes from day old...so they've grown so big.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 24, 2017
tasho105:
The noilers at my backyard is now 13 ,lost 2 out of 15 so far.
They are 14 weeks old,and they've grown so big.
They now feed on kitchen leftovers,insects and....
I have no plans of culling them soon,want to keep them till December to see if they can reproduce before then.
I'm thinking of doing another batch of 50 of it,they are less stressful and cheaper to rear.
Sell them off at max 20 weeks. You only be wasting time and cash if you keep them and even risk death. December is about 16 weeks away

My own experience, broilers were easier to raise compared to noilers. Imagine running broilers without medication for about 8 weeks and they are very healthy. With noliers, its almost impossible.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by kunlesufyan(m): 1:37am On Aug 25, 2017
tasho105:
Eggs now 19.
A hen has started to incubate the other is still laying.
Can a hen incubate and hatch 19 eggs or should I share the eggs between the 2 hens.
Thanks
Bro how far, my female is now matured and has laid 5 eggs already. The problem now is it laid in a place that is far away from her cage.. Do I leave it there or pack the eggs to her cage because it's exposed to rain?
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Sell them off at max 20 weeks. You only be wasting time and cash if you keep them and even risk death. December is about 16 weeks away

My own experience, broilers were easier to raise compared to noilers. Imagine running broilers without medication for about 8 weeks and they are very healthy. With noliers, its almost impossible.
Many thanks for the brilliant advice.
I really want them to reproduce...want to enjoy the great experience.i will do 20 weeks to know the ones to sell off....The productive ones,a cock and 2 hens would be retained till Dec for the reproduction project /experiment...hoping there will be no mortality.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2017
kunlesufyan:

Bro how far, my female is now matured and has laid 5 eggs already. The problem now is it laid in a place that is far away from her cage.. Do I leave it there or pack the eggs to her cage because it's exposed to rain?
Good one.
1.Are the eggs laid at a spot or differently?
2.Was the hen mated by a tom?
If answer to (2) is yes,you have fertilised eggs.Move the eggs back to her cage for her to continue laying.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by kunlesufyan(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2017
tasho105:

Good one.
1.Are the eggs laid at a spot or differently?
2.Was the hen mated by a tom?
If answer to (2) is yes,you have fertilised eggs.Move the eggs back to her cage for her to continue laying.
Yes, the female was mated by the males I have. Unlike the last female eggs, this eggs are smaller and I'm pretty sure it's not feed enhanced eggs. Someone said I'm supposed to put a metal in front of the eggs to enable her incubate them. How true is this?
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by abelajayi(m): 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pls assist an inexperienced farmer what can be use to cure black head diseases in Turkey I mean local turkey but not on free range
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by jfkenny(m): 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
How sure are u that ur birds have black heads..
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by ogidiosegbo: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

how can u rear broilers without medication for about 8 weeks and they are very healthy.

1 Like

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
ogidiosegbo:
how can u rear broilers without medication for about 8 weeks and they are very healthy.
Just gave leafs in water like Moringa, pawpaw, mango and bitter leaf.
Break in between like 5 days herbal drink, 2 days clean Water
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
kunlesufyan:

Yes, the female was mated by the males I have. Unlike the last female eggs, this eggs are smaller and I'm pretty sure it's not feed enhanced eggs. Someone said I'm supposed to put a metal in front of the eggs to enable her incubate them. How true is this?
I'm not quite sure about that.
I didnt put metal infront of mine and she's incubating now.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by tasho105(m): 8:32am On Sep 03, 2017
Culled 2 noilers on Friday.
Meat is superb,more tasty when compared to broiler.
A little like the local fowl meat toughness.
At 15+ wks,it is matured enough for table but the meat could have been better at 20+ wks old to get the real local fowl drift.

1 Like

Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by kunlesufyan(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
tasho105:

I'm not quite sure about that.
I didnt put metal infront of mine and she's incubating now.
Hello bruh, my turkey eggs just started hatching. Please put me through on how to go about taking care of them.
Thanks
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by kayo80(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

It is not impossible to raise Noilers without drugs and have no motality. With my second set of 51 Noilers, i didn't give them any drugs or vaccines at all, excpet from Vitamins, and they lived a healthy life and i took them all down to Lagos from Ibadan...none died. I sold them, and the three left are still in my parents house till now...since last year december. The two females now lay eggs, and hatch chicks...and the male is so massive right now.

I wanna ask tho...did u really raise Broilers with no form of medication at all? Pls enlighten me on this. Thanks.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2017
kayo80:

It is not impossible to raise Noilers without drugs and have no motality. With my second set of 51 Noilers, i didn't give them any drugs or vaccines at all, excpet from Vitamins, and they lived a healthy life and i took them all down to Lagos from Ibadan...none died. I sold them, and the three left are still in my parents house till now...since last year december. The two females now lay eggs, and hatch chicks...and the male is so massive right now.

I wanna ask tho...did u really raise Broilers with no form of medication at all? Pls enlighten me on this. Thanks.
Broilers can be raised with just herbs like ginger, bitter leaf, pawpaw or mango leaves or a combination of these.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
kayo80

My noilers were not strong immunity wise at all. Maybe from your analysis, noilers may not be given antibiotics and co. The antibiotics may even be the weakpoint for the immunity.

My broilers were more immune to disease especially coccidiosis when compared to noilers.
Re: my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys by kayo80(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
kayo80

My noilers were not strong immunity wise at all. Maybe from your analysis, noilers may not be given antibiotics and co. The antibiotics may even be the weakpoint for the immunity.

My broilers were more immune to disease especially coccidiosis when compared to noilers.

Okay. Maybe you made them overdependent on drugs. I never gave my drugs from the onset cos of what i read about them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50 Metres Diameters Rain Guns For Sale ( Cash & Carry ) / EXPERT ADVICE: The Most Profitable Agrobusiness 2016 / Buy Your Fresh Crayfish From Akwaibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.