Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

I Want To Get Committed To A Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Get Committed To A Church (13914 Views)

Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by Austinoiz(m): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2017
Bros, head to a Catholic Church where you will be baptized, recieve communion and have the privillrge of welcoming the paraclete (the holy spirit) via confirmation...all these will be made possible when you must have been well tutored in a Catechism class.

After that, you join a pious sodality like THE LEGION OF MARY, SACRED HEART, ADORATION GROUP, CHARISMSTIC, CATHOLIC BIBLE SOCIETY etc.
Truly, you can have all and more, if u are a committed catholic...not the lets-go-to-church-on-sunday troop.
It pays to be a catholic who knows his way around the bible, doctrines, divine relevations and the dictums of the magistrium than be a puppet/zombie in the hands of a fellow man and his wife, who ultimatically becomes a pastor, by virtue of marriage
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by Felimore: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
jayinfo2:
Hello nairaland, please help a brother I just came to a consciousness that I can't do thing's by my power again. I have relied on my capabilities and have failed. Now I know it's only God that can direct me right.

I have made a resolution to get closer to God but I can't do this all by myself

That is the reason I came back to Lagos from the north.

I currently stay at Abule Egba Lagos and I need a good church that I can be committed to and would help my spiritual and physical life even if it is not near Abule Egba. Since I don't have the holy spirit yet to lead me to a good Church.

Please tell me a good church that can bring me back to life.

I really need your help .
That's the same challenge that am facing now, I believe God will see us through.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by Eaugusta(f): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Please, don't derail this thread.
Are u really a Christian? Your comment doesn't reflect it.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by Nigeriadondie: 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
jayinfo2:
Hello nairaland, please help a brother I just came to a consciousness that I can't do thing's by my power again. I have relied on my capabilities and have failed. Now I know it's only God that can direct me right.

I currently stay at Abule Egba Lagos and I need a good church that I can be committed to and would help my spiritual and physical life even if it is not near Abule Egba. Since I don't have the holy spirit yet to lead me to a good Church.

I recommend Jehovah's Witness
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by Nigeriadondie: 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Felimore:

That's the same challenge that am facing now, I believe God will see us through.
I recommend Jehovah's Witness
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by holuphisayor(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
committed to church or Christ.?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by mykell56(m): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
try locating any Christ embassy branch..around you.. aka.. Believers loveworld __Building a happier world with love!!
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by CaptainFM1: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
jayinfo2:

RCCG Livingstone assembly at
Shola Martins, Puposola side.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by pweetiedee(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
simplex2:
It would be better you focus on self development. No church will ever give you rancour; you will keep pursuing that spiritual satisfaction until you become frustrated.

If God cares about you, he will reveal his hidden self to you and not through some churches that will rob you of your little money.

Ur head is very correct.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by pweetiedee(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
jayinfo2:
Thanks but please don't let me have a change of mind

He gave u a loving advice. Take it or leave it. Your choice.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by pweetiedee(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
iyke926:
The Church is in your heart, bro. Do more good and less evil. Meditate.

I think it's better to be spiritually inclined than being religious.

Don't listen to those guys prescribing Churches for you to join like the guy below.

Lmao at prescribing churches.

God is your heart and now where else.

I keep saying Churches are for social gatherings

Show off your new boo, your new clothe, your achievements. That's what most churches are for.

Just a place to show that u belong.

And them the pastors are making money from the congregation.

I know a pastor who calls his church members customers.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by pweetiedee(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
Just see names of churches, each with different Doctrines.
God help us.
God lives in our heart, not any freaking building.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by ekensi01: 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
[quote author=jayinfo2 post=57410655][/quote] i didnt say he should not goto church but he should go knowing that church is never a certificate to heaven. Just worship God where he want's u to
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by emmalux2(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]FIRST OF ALL... BEFORE YOU GET LOCKED UP BY A DENOMINATION. Why do u want to go to church? is it to make heaven or to be successful in business?

go to youtube and search for "Divine Revelation of heaven and hell and also "Sister Linda Revelation" on youtube

Also, search for HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT and call me at 08034342755 so we can talk.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by aamstih: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
It is wonderful that you've come to this realisation.

Some truths needs to be spelt out unambiguously without mincing words, Church commitment is not a panacea to all your problems or challenges, some challenges are life phase related though some could still have a spiritual undertone, in as much as you want to be commited to church your personal relationship/ communion with God is the ultimate.

Commitment to church would aid in edifying your spirit and constant hearing of the word has a way of purging us and we do also know tgat iron sharpeneth iron.

Pls dont assume that going to church is a substitute for use of our brains, hardwork and creativity if you do you would be frustrated and bitter, as you develop your spiritual life which is of utmost importance dont leave behind your academics, career, business or anyother that is applicaple to you, always ensure you take practical steps to your goals and endeavour to commit your ways to God.

As for a church to attend, Feel free to walk into any RCCG church around you, Daystar Christian Centre at Plot A3C Oregun, Ikosi Road, Ikeja is also a place to be, Any Winners Chapel(Living faith), Full life Christian Centre at 110 Obafemi Awolowo Way.

Please if your spirit (inner man) is not at peace in any church you find yourself, there is no need of being there (when I mean peace, I don't mean when their preachings are not sugar coated and its get you unsettled).

In all endeavour to be in a church that has salvation of souls and growing in the word as a priority.

Lets end with three scriptures below:

Heberews 10:25- Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1 John 4: 1-6 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Proverbs 4:7 -Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

May the almighty keep you and guide your path. God bless you. All the best!

jayinfo2:

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by jayinfo2(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
aamstih:

It is wonderful that you've come to this realisation.

Some truths needs to be spelt out unambiguously without mincing words, Church commitment is not a panacea to all your problems or challenges, some challenges are life phase related though some could still have a spiritual undertone, in as much as you want to be commited to church your personal relationship/ communion with God is the ultimate.

Commitment to church would aid in edifying your spirit and constant hearing of the word has a way of purging us and we do also know tgat iron sharpeneth iron.

Pls dont assume that going to church is a substitute for use of our brains, hardwork and creativity if you do you would be frustrated and bitter, as you develop your spiritual life which is of utmost importance dont leave behind your academics, career, business or anyother that is applicaple to you, always ensure you take practical steps to your goals and endeavour to commit your ways to God.

As for a church to attend, Feel free to walk into any RCCG church around you, Daystar Christian Centre at Plot A3C Oregun, Ikosi Road, Ikeja is also a place to be, Any Winners Chapel(Living faith), Full life Christian Centre at 110 Obafemi Awolowo Way.

Please if your spirit (inner man) is not at peace in any church you find yourself, there is no need of being there (when I mean peace, I don't mean when their preachings are not sugar coated and its get you unsettled).

In all endeavour to be in a church that has salvation of souls and growing in the word as a priority.

Lets end with three scriptures below:

Heberews 10:25- Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1 John 4: 1-6 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Proverbs 4:7 -Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

May the almighty keep you and guide your path. God bless you. All the best!

Thank you so much I do appreciate this
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by pmc01(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
emmasege:
Must you comment? You guys forbid non-Muslims from commenting on issues relating to your faith but find it convenient to insult ours at the slightest opportunity.

I recommend that nairaland removes the required conditions for non-Christians to comment on Islam-related topics or ban Muslims from commenting on Christianity-related topics also.

ATTENTION: MODS (mynd44, lalasticala)
You should look up the meaning of insult in the dictionary. Worst case, you should have the App on your phone.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by 0b100100111: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
Pedro's bar at Fagba junction is where I worship. It's a spirit filled place to be
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
pweetiedee:

Lmao at prescribing churches.

God is your heart and nowhere else.

I keep saying Churches are for social gatherings

Show off your new boo, your new clothe, your achievements. That's what most churches are for.

Just a place to show that u belong.

And then the pastors are making money from the congregation.

I know a pastor who calls his church members customers.

Customers kwa? grin

Back when I was in school I went to Church with a milky colored Chinos, black sneakers and a black T-Shirt with buttons. Members were staring at me like I was an alien. I felt so uncomfortable even though I look good. I never went back again
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by pmc01(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
Piiko:
Allahu Akbar
I was right about telling you to run off to your cartoon.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by AlphaT1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
Dangerousboy:
yes you can
and Lfc is one church that can make you grow
Yes, you will grow in shouting my case is different, from glory to glory, somebody make some noise wuuuuuuuu, my God is not a poor God...lolz
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by pweetiedee(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
iyke926:

Customers kwa? grin

Back when I was in school I went to Church with a milky colored Chinos, black sneakers and a black T-Shirt with buttons. Members were staring at me like I was an alien. I felt so uncomfortable even though I look good. I never went back again

Lol
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by snofay(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
simplex2:
It would be better you focus on self development. No church will ever give you rancour; you will keep pursuing that spiritual satisfaction until you become frustrated.

If God cares about you, he will reveal his hidden self to you and not through some churches that will rob you of your little money.
One of you lots problem is dat u lack the right insight to making money. Giving is the main secret to multiplying income and giving in furtherance of the work of God is just at dat height, u cant help but give to the church for the furtherance of God's work. Whatever the pastor's do with it is not ur business, d same way whatever d beggar or whoever u are giving to is not accountable to u on d basis dat u gave him or her money. You have done ur part and dat will yield ur own reward. Now leave the pastors to do whatever dey like with God's money, their reward is waiting for them.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by gemale(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
jayinfo2:

My brother , don't let people decide for you. Pray to God & try to deepen your relationship with Him. Study the Holy scripture extensively, focusing on passages that reveal how to crucify the flesh & how to die to self. Always ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten & teach you. Pray, pray & continue praying. if you can, fast so as to mortify your body & bring it under submission. Always rely on God 4 grace & diligently seek His face. Try to be a doer of the words you read In the Bible. Let them be your guide. Let them always resonate in your mind as you do anything, especially when you feel tempted to sin. Then ask Him to direct you to where instructions guiding people to Heaven are being preached. Start by attending churches close to you. When you go, ask God to give you & pray that the Holy Spirit grants you discernment to be able to test the spirit of the messages you hear. 1 core thing you should look for in any church you intend to attend is whether they preach about the cross. Any church that doesn't teach that to follow Christ, 1 should deny himself & pick up his cross in the footsteps of our Lord is being economical with the truth. Avoid places that prioritizes material prosperity, signs & wonders over salvation of the soul. Avoid places where people aren't admonished to forsake iniquity & strive to do the will of God. Don't attend a place just because they have a good choir. The long & short of what i'm saying is let the Holy Spirit & knowledge that heaven is your desired destination be your guide in this decision.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by Okoyiboz3: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
Eaugusta:

Are u really a Christian? Your comment doesn't reflect it.

Keep asking ridiculous questions.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by jayinfo2(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
gemale:

My brother , don't let people decide for you. Pray to God & try to deepen your relationship with Him. Study the Holy scripture extensively, focusing on passages that reveal how to crucify the flesh & how to die to self. Always ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten & teach you. Pray, pray & continue praying. if you can, fast so as to mortify your body & bring it under submission. Always rely on God 4 grace & diligently seek His face. Try to be a doer of the words you read In the Bible. Let them be your guide. Let them always resonate in your mind as you do anything, especially when you feel tempted to sin. Then ask Him to direct you to where instructions guiding people to Heaven are being preached. Start by attending churches close to you. When you go, ask God to give you & pray that the Holy Spirit grants you discernment to be able to test the spirit of the messages you hear. 1 core thing you should look for in any church you intend to attend is whether they preach about the cross. Any church that doesn't teach that to follow Christ, 1 should deny himself & pick up his cross in the footsteps of our Lord is being economical with the truth. Avoid places that prioritizes material prosperity, signs & wonders over salvation of the soul. Avoid places where people aren't admonished to forsake iniquity & strive to do the will of God. Don't attend a place just because they have a good choir. The long & short of what i'm saying is let the Holy Spirit & knowledge that heaven is your desired destination be your guide in this decision.
thank you so much
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by gemale(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
Austinoiz:
Bros, head to a Catholic Church where you will be baptized, recieve communion and have the privillrge of welcoming the paraclete (the holy spirit) via confirmation...all these will be made possible when you must have been well tutored in a Catechism class.

After that, you join a pious sodality like THE LEGION OF MARY, SACRED HEART, ADORATION GROUP, CHARISMSTIC, CATHOLIC BIBLE SOCIETY etc.
Truly, you can have all and more, if u are a committed catholic...not the lets-go-to-church-on-sunday troop.
It pays to be a catholic who knows his way around the bible, doctrines, divine relevations and the dictums of the magistrium than be a puppet/zombie in the hands of a fellow man and his wife, who ultimatically becomes a pastor, by virtue of marriage
My brother, there is no need to advertise the catholic church. Why do you think that we don't rent billboards to urge people to attend any of our parishes? We believe that God doesn't boast. He's a silent hard worker; it's left for we, His children to seek Him in the innermost recesses of our hearts. Also, there is no need to slight any of our separated brethren. We know who we are & that's enough. The best one can do is encourage the Op to truthfully & diligently seek God & pray that the Holy Spirit leads him to the fullness of truth.
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by hipswrites(f): 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
Worship God in Church of Christ to follow strictly the doctrine of Christ in the Bible and not what suits men
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by Austinoiz(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
gemale:

My brother, there is no need to advertise the catholic church. Why do you think that we don't rent billboards to urge people to attend any of our parishes? We believe that God doesn't boast. He's a silent hard worker; it's left for we, His children to seek Him in the innermost recesses of our hearts. Also, there is no need to slight any of our separated brethren. We know who we are & that's enough. The best one can do is encourage the Op to truthfully & diligently seek God & pray that the Holy Spirit leads him to the fullness of truth.

You've got points bro
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by henz911(m): 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Pls if you are sincere,
1.Start by accepting the lordship of Jesus Christ over your life so that his Spirit(Holyspirit) can empower you to live the triumphant life.
2.Purchase a good reference Bibles for studying about God & His kingdom.
3.Seek help from those you know are matured believers or visit a church your spirit leads you to(Read Paul's account in Acts 9vs1-43)

4. A little pamphlet / book that helped me then and other proselytes was "Now that you are saved_by Reinhard Bonke

Check my signature for more. You will not miss it in Jesus name...
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by oluwaemmanuel: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
AK481:
Catholic Church and be a didicated legion of Mary member.

Meanwhile,are u an igboman working in Lagos and u re scared that you might loose ur job if Biafra is successful?

Read this

A lot of companies have their head quarter and head offices in Lagos and ogun state,producing for The Whole nation there.
If Biafra happens,nobody will allow them to produce and ship into biafraland,40% their production from Lagos and outside Biafraland will be stoped and production will be transferred to a city in biafraland.

If I work in Cadbury in Lagos,and we produce 5000 tones of bornvita daily,our company will open another production site in onitsha and transfer all igbos to that new headquarter ,and since there will be a decline in Lagos production,no need to employ new Yorubas to fill up the position.

Last bullet an Igbo man will be more contious of developing his home.

Jesus Christ.. who is asking this man about Biafra now, what the hell is wrong with this people?

Well I recommend Royalty Christian center, Opposite vetland. Vetland bustop Old Lagos Abeokuta road...
Re: I Want To Get Committed To A Church by larrybee2017(f): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
jayinfo2:

Go where the word is being preached not where miracles are paraded on hanger. Shun cheap talk about what preachers have and focus more on what they carry. I have been a member of Living faith church and not for once have I had cause to regret my being a member. I get the word raw apply it and I became a miracle worker. We are taught the word cause the grass is evergreen for us. We are made a territorial commanders not a miracle seeker. Above all have a right standing with God, search for light by reading his word and keep winning soul for Christ, nothing brings cheap victory like your personal relationship with God. Ask the devil he knows and that he why he will make you accept comment that says church is a scam,cause the only one scammed is the person that finds himself/herself in hell!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bible Verses For Today / Christ Embassy's Yookos Vs Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook / Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.