Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. (8575 Views)

That Buhari BBC Hard Talk Interview In Print / Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview / Madam Thief Thief On BBC Hard Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by silentc(m): 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2010
Katsumoto:

Nigeria has no policy of any kind except the 'chop make I chop too' policy in Abuja. I laugh when I listen to these idiots speak in public. Whilst one does not have to speak in a British or American accent, the foreign minister of a country like Nigeria should be able to speak in a clear and concise manner even it has a regional accent or tone. Using Steven Gerrard as an example is laughable because the last I remembered, Steve Gerrard is not the foreign minister of a nation. A foreign minister should be articulate; Kingibe comes to mind. There are many well spoken and articulate Nigerians but just like we find in policy making, these articulate Nigerians do not get selected. Instead we are stuck with a bunch of retards from the obviously lacking political class.

Thanks Katsumoto, your statement above is concise and 100% spot on.

The intelligent, well articulate Nigerian rarely have a chance to get into a power to influence our lovely country. Greed and corruption is the order of the day. If you try to do anything different, you hit a brick wall (or even get killed) as the system is corrupt from top to bottom.

But that is stating the problem. What can we do to change it and change the future of Nigeria? It is easy to state problems (as i am guilty of doing too). But what do we do individually and as a country to change our future for the better?
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Katsumoto: 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2010
silentc:

Thanks Katsumoto, your statement above is concise and 100% spot on.

The intelligent, well articulate Nigerian rarely have a chance to get into a power to influence our lovely country. Greed and corruption is the order of the day. If you try to do anything different, you hit a brick wall (or even get killed) as the system is corrupt from top to bottom.

But that is stating the problem. What can we do to change it and change the future of Nigeria? It is easy to state problems (as i am guilty of doing too). But what do we do individually and as a country to change our future for the better?

Each one of us must change our mind-set; whilst the political class and their generations are explicitly guilty of crimes committed against Nigeria, we the bystanders are guilty of some crimes as well. Nigeria will be a better place
1. When stop trying to get rich just to be richer than our neighbours
2. When we realise that there is dignity in labour and encourage the development of blue-working professions; we can't all be doctor, lawyers, engineers
3. When we stop being used by the political class to disturb and derail the political system. Afterall assassins have fathers, mothers, siblings, friends who know what they do but turn a blind eye
4. When we stop giving bribes to get ahead of everyone else
5. When we encourage the development of Northern Nigeria and end the almajiri factor; an educated and more enlightened northern citizen would be less likely used to forment trouble
6. when we believe in ourselves and encourage the development of made in Nigeria; I love our artistes (actors, musicians). These are the trail-blazers; they are often de-tribalised. DBanj, P-Square, Tuface, RMD, Ramsey Nuah, Jim Iyke, etc. I don't really watch Nollywood but I love Nigerian music
7. when we believe in Nigeria; again I turn to our musicians for this. I love songs and entertainment that screams Naija proudly

The problem with Nigerians is that they criticise the deplorable situation in Nigeria, contribute to it but expect others to make the necessary changes forgetting that change will only come when a majority change.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2010
silentc:

Sunny, if you read carefully what I said, i did not say that Ojo Madueke should speak in an English accent. I said he should speak in clear audible English (and I gave 2 examples of other Nigerian who speak clearly). I also made reference to elocution lessons. Proper elocution of the English language doesnt give you an accent. Steven Gerrard has an accent but that doesnt mean people sometimes have problems in understanding him. Steven Gerrard needs elocution lessons if his English comes out with so much of his Northern accent that he cannot be easily understood when he speaks. I have been in a meeting where a Scottish guy who was speaking the English language in his Scottish accent was told that the audience couldn't understand what he was saying. He was speaking English, but with an accent so strong that he wasn't communicating to anyone. Agree or not, if you speak a language, you should speak it clearly and try to avoid a strong accent with it. You can agree or disagree without making inferences to my opinion i.e with reference to your statement -"So, stop making yourself look inferior on that issue unless you want to make a fool of yourself. "

So where does the vice president sit in relation to the FEC? What is the role of the FEC? Who is formally in charge of the country? If the FEC can make decisions why do we even need a president at all?

In my opinion (and this is my opinion, so let us avoid getting personal), i dont think that a country where the president can be out of office for 2 months and the vice president isnt officially in power can be seen in a positive light. We have to call a spade a spade.

I am not naive to think that the UK and US (or western world) are clean or not corrupt. But I am bold enough to also know that Nigeria as a country has its own problems with our leaders and those in power and this conversation is about the problems with our leaders so I will focus on that for now.

If Alan Little could respond effectively to everything Ojo Maduekwe says meaning that he understood and somehow you sit here to suggest that you are too english to understand what Ojo Maduekwe was saying. Then I thing you need a re-assessment of who you are and who you want to be.
Ability to speak english with english accent or any other accent for that matter is not a mark of brilliance or intelligence. A lot of Nigerians make this same mistake. There are highly educated philosophers around the world from France, Italy, Iran, China etc who can't speak fluent English.

English is the language of people who live in England. Though you may have studied in English but it stills remains someone elses language and is in no way a measure of how educated you are.

Meanwhile Ojo Maduekwe has never been a bight foreign minister. I have seen him in the past present correct arguments wrongly. I will watch the video later to see what he had to say. However I don't expect anything interesting from him.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
mikeansy:

If Alan Little could respond effectively to everything Ojo Maduekwe says meaning that he understood and somehow you sit here to suggest that you are too english to understand what Ojo Maduekwe was saying. Then I thing you need a re-assessment of who you are and who you want to be.
Ability to speak english with english accent or any other accent for that matter is not a mark of brilliance or intelligence. A lot of Nigerians make this same mistake. There are highly educated philosophers around the world from France, Italy, Iran, China etc who can't speak fluent English.

English is the language of people who live in England. Though you may have studied in English but it stills remains someone elses language and is in no way a measure of how educated you are.

Meanwhile Ojo Maduekwe has never been a bight foreign minister. I have seen him in the past present correct arguments wrongly. I will watch the video later to see what he had to say. However I don't expect anything interesting from him.

Spot on!
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Katsumoto: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2010
mikeansy:

I watched the video and listened to the audio. Maduekwe was generally audible but there were a few words that were muddled. I suspect the grouse of most posters on this thread is having a foreign minister who sounds like a village teacher because they would rather be represented by an eloquent, articulate, and intelligent speaker such as Kingibe or Ojukwu. Of course were he to be the head of the atomic body then he can be permitted to speak badly as long as he is a genius.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by silentc(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Again, you have made an incorrect assumption that:
1. I couldnt understand what Ojo Maduekwe said. If you read the posts you will see that i have not said i did not comprehend what he said.
2. You are taking it onto a personal level and it would only be civil to leave it out (with regards to your comments on me re-assessing you I am or want to be).

I stand by my point that if he is a minister that is representing Nigeria he should speak with clear english enunciation. I will take my time to make myself clear. I am NOT saying he should speak with a BRITISH accent, but clear ENGLISH enunciation. This is my opinion. You can agree or dis agree. But you should respect that it is a different opinion to yours and not get personal about who I am or what I am.

You raise a fair point that Alan little understood him which is correct. But i am personally of the opinion that he should take elocution lessons. For me, when I speak my natural language aka mother tongue (which isnt English), i enunciate it correctly. When i speak pidgin, i try to enunciate it correctly.If you have assumed I think or feel Nigerians are inferior to the white or British (based on my opinion) then you are mistaken. I am proud to be Nigerian without a doubt and feel we are one of the smartest/innovative/dynamic people in the world. I am not just impressed with the people that represent us in the world.

Anyway, all this aside. I would like to see well articulate and intelligent people representing Nigeria in the political world.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by sjeezy8: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2010
who cares about his accent or what ethnicity he is ? The guy is terrible at his job point blank
and is apart of that cabal thats holding Nigeria or atleast benifitting from the current state of Nigeria.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Uche2nna(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

who cares about his accent or what ethnicity he is ? The guy is terrible at his job point blank
and is apart of that cabal thats holding Nigeria or atleast benifitting from the current state of Nigeria.

I dont like Ojo Maduekwe for one simple reason: He is a member of the political cabal that has held Nigeria to ransom.

As for the accent thingy, the only people who will complain of the accent are peeps who have not left the shores of Nigeria and still believe that "everything white is supreme". How else would U expect him to speak? undecided Point is that he was very audible and the interviewer understood him.

Back to the political issues, I went thru the interview twice, and two things caught my eye.
First he was honest about not speaking to the president for 2 months ( shocked). Given the duplicity of our politicians , thats a first and he deserves some credit for that, LOL.
However, that honest answer set him up for the next question: How can U be a foreign minister and not be in communication with ur president , particularly in times of strained foreign relations? Given the first answer he had already given, that was a toughie grin He tried to wriggle out of it but I didnt think he looked convincing. He did what all political appointees will do (white or black); defend his boss. He didnt do it so well but I wasnt expecting him too. Dude set himself up for that with that first answer.

PS I have seen worse interviews than this. At least , he didnt threaten the interviewer like a certain Obasanjo did grin
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by ogajim(m): 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2010
This foreign minister dude sounds like an IDIOT defending a FAILED regime, he made himself look like an idiot too while doing so, only tribalists will defend this village champ.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
If Alan Little could respond effectively to everything Ojo Maduekwe says meaning that he understood and somehow you sit here to suggest that you are too english to understand what Ojo Maduekwe was saying.

LOL, and these same people would be complaining of inferiority complex. No where in my post did I say the "African accent" sounded local or the "Nigerian accent sounded local. I said "his accent sounded local, meaning to ME and ME only. I dont care what Alan Little (WHOEVER HE IS), thinks. Neither do I care about the foreign minister of other countries and how they talk. If the scottish prime minister speaks terrible that is his or her business. However, I expect more for my own minister- kapische?

Uche2nna:

Back to the political issues, I went thru the interview twice, and two things caught my eye.
First he was honest about not speaking to the president for 2 months ( shocked). Given the duplicity of our politicians , thats a first and he deserves some credit for that, LOL.
However, that honest answer set him up for the next question: How can U be a foreign minister and not be in communication with your president , particularly in times of strained foreign relations? Given the first answer he had already given, that was a toughie grin He tried to wriggle out of it but I didnt think he looked convincing. He did what all political appointees will do (white or black); defend his boss. He didnt do it so well but I wasnt expecting him too. Dude set himself up for that with that first answer.

PS I have seen worse interviews than this. At least , he didnt threaten the interviewer like a certain Obasanjo did grin

That's actually true- he did defend his boss which is an important part of being a government official. I really did not look at it that way, but still sometimes a country's image is better than defending your boss. These guys really dont care about us undecided
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by real4life: 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2010
Uche2nna:

I dont like Ojo Maduekwe for one simple reason: He is a member of the political cabal that has held Nigeria to ransom.

As for the accent thingy, the only people who will complain of the accent are peeps who have not left the shores of Nigeria and still believe that "everything white is supreme". How else would U expect him to speak? undecided Point is that he was very audible and the interviewer understood him.

However, that honest answer set him up for the next question: How can U be a foreign minister and not be in communication with your president , particularly in times of strained foreign relations? Given the first answer he had already given, that was a toughie grin He tried to wriggle out of it but I didnt think he looked convincing. He did what all political appointees will do (white or black); defend his boss. He didnt do it so well but I wasnt expecting him too. Dude set himself up for that with that first answer.

lol grin
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by IKEYMAN1: 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2010
@@@@@@

these lots plenty well well for here ooo

they pretend like they dnt understand whatever is written infront of them when its pure lies

fake backside people

i met lots of them in my flight from Lagos

some even go chop them flight meal for hours like dem de feed an infant and like they never chop good rice for house

they form no bi small

i remember some yoruba lady on the plane; acting up and stuff; when she asked me some queston al my reply was on broken english

now i know better

foolish and abokilous sets
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by IKEYMAN1: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2010
G u are a foreign minister right

M yes

b when was the last time u spoke to ogo missing in action

M two months ago
b and even in the face of US had u on their list shocked shocked shocked

M yes i bi chop chop man; so i no matter man

grin grin
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by monkeyleg: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2010
The guy is useless, absolute nonsense, just like anything in gorvenment. We are really in serious trouble in Nigeria, if all we can muster as a country is that trash then we really are in deep trouble
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2010
a brilliant mind used for such negative purpose
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by mbulela: 5:14am On Jan 22, 2010
df2006:

a brilliant mind used for such negative purpose
i have heard that a few times.
Kindly educate me on this his brilliance that you allude to.
In my view,he is just another one of the barbarians that pretends to be an intellectual.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by capsmo(m): 10:49am On Jan 22, 2010
ojo madueke made of a fool of himself at that interview last night;
how can the man be talking before the international press as if he
was telling the usual lies to a few friends at a local palmwine bar?
I only wish it was larry king that drilled him.
haba chief!
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Akanbiedu(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2010
Funny how Nigerians still think we need to impress the foreigners!
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by 77ken: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2010
With due repect to ojo madueke`s children he is a slowpoke from day 1, so too is david mark, bankole and all other senators and dishonorable members of the house of assembly, Jeez, pity dora thut she was smart most people saw this coming but herself. how can she associate herself with the llikes of aoondokan, yaradua sam egwu and other members of yar adua `s kitchen cabinet, selfish idiots. shame on her. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Akanbiedu(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2010
77ken:

With due repect to ojo madueke`s children he is a slowpoke from day 1, so too is david mark, bankole and all other senators and dishonorable members of the house of assembly, Jeez, pity dora thut she was smart most people saw this coming but herself. how can she associate herself with the llikes of aoondokan, yaradua sam egwu and other members of yar adua `s kitchen cabinet, selfish idiots. shame on her. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

If you say all these people are slowpoke, it surely says something about all of us.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2010
Bankole and his ponmo lips undecided
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by fugocisse: 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2010
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn!!! ojo mmaduekwe is a born fool, am not sure if this fool is really an igbo man. OJO DEVILISH MMADUEKWE!!!! if you are reading this, you are a fool and a disgrace to your family not to igbo race, you all igbo men who are political predators, whom are there to represent our noble call to this great nation, but instead you have turn into criminals where by negleting why you are there.

ojo mmaduekwe a true igbo can not be so stupid. infact you just messed up your self, do you think it all ends in dining with those political criminals, say what is right for God sake.

its time to flush out all these old men who are taking us backwards, they only squander our money, look at how much they are spending in forign traveling while there is no electricity and good roads in nigeria. you evile doers God will not let you free. angry angry angry angry
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by olisa07: 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
From day one, Ojo is an apology.

What do you expect from him.

They were not elected, so is the appointments.

What do you expect from them.

, and the lyrics goes like that.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by olisa07: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
From day one, Ojo is an apology.

What do you expect from him.

They were not elected, so is the appointments.

What do you expect from them.

, and the lyrics goes like that.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by DatNiggaAk(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2010
"i have been a minister consecutively for ten years"
WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THAT??

"i know the presidents mind so i can speak for him and thats why he appointed me"
YOU ARE A BUMKUM. NIGERIA'S FOREIGN POLICY IS NOW STATIC ABI?

INFACT, i felt like entering into my tv and strangling that sonofab.i.t.c.h we call a foreign minister during the course of the interview last night.
why do people sell their soul to the devil for a morsel?
and why do ibo leaders do the dirty job for the hausa man?
the hausa man who keeps slaughtering your people whenever they start their jihad in the north?
Iwu, Dora and maduekwe.
hatchet men for our terrorist leaders.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by ayettymama(f): 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2010
HEEEEEEY PEOPLE HIS ACCENT IS FINE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?

I CANNOT BELIVE THE SELF HATRED U PEOPLE CAN DISPLAY SOMETIMES??
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2010
mbulela:

i have heard that a few times.
Kindly educate me on this his brilliance that you allude to.
In my view,he is just another one of the barbarians that pretends to be an intellectual.

you will agree with me that his skills at denials and telling lies could be put to brilliant use, telling the truth.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Zubebe(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hey I watched the interview.
I think Madueke held on as expected of any Yar'adua cabinet minister. He even put Jonathen, the BBC guy, to task by saying he was part of our corruption problem. The BBC guy claimed that he was asked to give bribe by a naija official at Murtala Airport. Madueke asked him whether he reported the incident and when the guy said no, madueke quickly retorted by saying the guy was part of the problem. I loved that. High time we started telling those punks who encourages corruption in our in our country.
But yes I know some people here wanted him to say different things and hence the invectives showered on him. But I guess all are entitked to their opinions here in this forum.
And by the way he proved to be a lawyer for knowing the constitution so well and saying it to the BBC guy.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by na2day(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2010
i'm sorry to confess, the interview was very painful to watch, in fact the man just gave an illusion that nigerians are buffoons!
i cry for 9ja ooo cry
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by na2day(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2010
Zubebe:

Hey I watched the interview.
I think Madueke held on as expected of any Yar'adua cabinet minister. He even put Jonathen, the BBC guy, to task by saying he was part of our corruption problem. The BBC guy claimed that he was asked to give bribe by a naija official at Murtala Airport. Madueke asked him whether he reported the incident and when the guy said no, madueke quickly retorted by saying the guy was part of the problem. I loved that. High time we started telling those punks who encourages corruption in our in our country.
But yes I know some people here wanted him to say different things and hence the invectives showered on him. But I guess all are entitked to their opinions here in this forum.
And by the way he proved to be a lawyer for knowing the constitution so well and saying it to the BBC guy.
zubbe or whats your name, i pity you, its people like u dat sees d truth and keep on justifying wrongs because of tribalism, shiooo!
yeah, what if d guy reported, what would've come out of it? angry
are u forgetting dat right from radar to d tarmac, d whole airport stinks of corruption?
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by na2day(m): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2010
all of una wey dey talk of accent and diction in this thread, UNA DEY CRAZE,na grammar we dey talk here or sommebody dat's lying and even d anchor of d program knew dat he was lying angry
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by kokoA(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

Bankole and his ponmo lips undecided

Guess thats why he was elected "SPEAKER" undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Aregberascal Borrowed And Spent Osun's Future On (pics) / Saraki Shares Powerful Message In Celebration Of World Teachers Day / Osinbajo: Some Public Commentators Make Baseless Assertions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.