Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. (59658 Views)

How Mass Communication Students Sit For Exams In Anambra University (Photos) / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam / Three (3) Most Difficult Things To Do In The World - Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by salford1: 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
hardbody:
Why make exams almost impassable when it is not the true test of knowledge.

Meanwhile there no other known way of testing knowledge.
limited amount of space in Uni.
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Sanchez01: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
seeniorboy:

Bro, i don't mean any tribalism in asking that question but the way you just typed yoruba up there ehn, me sef no fit. And most of your comments here have proved you support one Nigeria. But i use to look u as a deltan.
And if am not mistaken, are you not that Madrid fan guy
I'm multilingual. And yes, I'm Deltan. And again, yes, I'm a Madridista.
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
Exciton:

You should watch the movie based on the IMO competition: X + Y.

We don't have the teachers (at the secondary school level) to teach our very smart kids number theory and stuff, and drilling them with hard problems.

It's just the simple stuff we do in Cowbell Math Competition: plug in numbers into a formula and get the answer. No need to think deep.

I never succefully solved a full IMO question. grin
grin grin
You're right boss

But in 2016 some kids from lagos state claimed Gold and Bronze in south africa among 100 smarts kid from around the world.
I think private schools are a way doing better ..

Did i remember to tell you that i attended a public secondary school grin
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Efewestern: 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2017
doublewisdom:
Op, be like you never hear of maths 200 in Abraka those days.

guy what are you saying, mth 200/ csc 200 is very simple, I did it, what will you say about Mth 205 ODE, mth 314 , mth 316 , believe me you haven't seen anything..
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Mypeople2(m): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
So will they be richer than Davido when they pass the exam ( 30 billion for his account o?
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Exciton(m): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ajet001:

grin grin
You're right boss

But in 2016 some kids from lagos state claimed Gold and Bronze in south africa among 100 smarts kid from around the world.
I think private schools are a way doing better ..

Did i remember to tell you that i attended a public secondary school grin

Lol. I don't know the competition but I surely know the outcome of that competition isn't representative of what the actual reality is. Our kids are smart and have the potential to be as good as the rest but, as I said, they don't have the teachers.

Of course public secondary school was the norm in our time. We all go public school.

Now parents are using their entire savings to get their children to learn the basics: speaking English and finding dy/dx. Weyrey government!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Exciton:

Lol. I don't know the competition but I surely know the outcome of that competition isn't representative of what the actual reality is. Our kids are smart and have the potential to be as good as the rest but, as I said, they don't have the teachers.

Of course public secondary school was the norm in our time. We all go public school.

Now parents are using their entire savings to get their children to learn the basics: speaking English and finding dy/dx. Weyrey government!
grin
Nigerian kids are known for their smartness

Parents are really trying tho.
But it's not everyone that can afford the huge sum to put thier kids in private schools.

I hope for a better Nigeria
I hope for a better government.
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Leiman100(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
OP does not know mathematics and he thought everybody is like him. mathematics is the simplest exam for those who know maths
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by talkportal: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
i sat for the pre-IMO back the in secondary school, ss1... o boy i cried after the exam. though there was confusion on that day because i seat for another competition that same day, at the same venue---- Ilesa Grammar School that is the venue for most competition in osun state i think then.
but the exam was hell, though if i had prepared for it i would perform well
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Icosahedron(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Its Olympiad .....I sat for the exam .....wen I was still in high school....I won silver medal for biology nd d bronze medal for chemistry .

I understand, I'm just speaking of standard. The Olympiad you sat for is the National level Olympiad, every country that participates in the Olympiad hosts National level exams to selects candidates. But the difficulty in the National level is nothing compared to the International Level.

USA Mathematical Olympiad is more difficult compared to South Africa Mathematical Olympiad. China Mathematical Olympiad, Russian Mathematical Olympiad, Romanian Mathematical Olympiad, Asian Pacific Mathematical Olympiad, Indian Mathematical Olympiad, Japanese Mathematical Olympiad, etc, are highly difficult compared to other National MathematicS Olympiads. The standard this country is very high, that is why their teams top the list(for example, China team topped the list for 14 times and their National MO is the hardest).

But in Nigeria here, although the Olympiad problems you see, you might find them difficult, but they are nothing compared to the International Mathematics Olympiad.
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Newway2(m): 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
egopersonified:
Love maths, reason why I have never gotten a lesson teacher for my kids, I love teaching it, sometimes I still pick up textbooks to solve maths or form mathematical equations from everyday activities.

U be real "efiko" & it shows. U just need to manage & channel ur efikoness well.

U no who?
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by davidif: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
akaahs:
That Gaokao exam must be something else for those Chinese guys to developed sophisticated technology just to cheat. I 'll like to sit for that Putnam exam, whats d process.

Well, Google is your friend.
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by amanze15(m): 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
that Gaokao is the sole reason, Chinese are masters of numbers grin grin
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by egopersonified(f): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
Newway2:

U be real "efiko" & it shows. U just need to manage & channel ur efikoness well.

U no who?

yes, my mentor
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by futurewise11(m): 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
According to my chinese friend in School, its beleive that if you pass the GaoKao exam you are made for life.
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
mascotblaze:

How Is It Gonna Affect Me. I Don't Even Understand The Thing. (trigonometrics, Pythagoras Theory, Surd), I Don Even 4get All Those Complex Ones. Its Not Even Useful In My Day To Day Life. One Will Just Pretend To Be Looking For One X That Is Boldly Written On The Board

Maths isn't just beautiful, it's one of life characteristic building blocks - those things that makes life easier. it encourages reasoning. it's one of the main catalyst that compel a creative use of the brain.
Without mathematics, there's only hard life.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
AyamConfidence:
oga me I tried everything to know maths, I tried to roll with the gurus.... I was just wasting my time..I nor know maths till today.....if I see the cover of maths textbook even if na basic 4 own....my belle go just dey turn me anyhow

In fact na because of maths I dey fear to do any exam again.....maths should be scrapped....

I was one of the most knowledgeable students in my set but na maths dey disgrace me then

Ion even know how I got c6 in WAEC sef

Cc Ishilove

It's a matter of interest. I don't think I can be at ease without that subject. Am not just talking about exams. Mathematics is natural gift
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by AyamConfidence(m): 10:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
gwine0047:

It's a matter of interest. I don't think I can be at ease without that subject. Am not just talking about exams. Mathematics is natural gift
even maths don't have interest in me....we keep a respectful distance between us

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by FreeSpirited: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
OrestesDante:
Some medical students will still come and say MB exam tough mtchew....
Which mumu MB....Mb requires no creative and intelligent thinking....u just need to have the ability to cram and remember large volume of material.
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by FreeSpirited: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
I love mathematics in my secondary schl. I was the best student in maths all through.... Someway I found my way into medical course...and I graduated. I still love maths...its my first love. I wish i had gone deeper into it....for the love and application of maths , I still want to study computer science.....With that, I shall fulfill my dream of mathematics......I just want to explore maths combine with computer, plus programming......I want to use that mathematics part of my brain....I don't want to waste the potential
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by bablex01(m): 7:17am On Jun 11, 2017
Maybelconor:
number 4: Jamb grin grin
lwkmd u re nt cwious

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by doublewisdom: 6:51am On Jun 13, 2017
darlenese:

hahahha., my dear maths 200 is not maths nau, it is introduction to computer. I don't even know why they call it computer maths ,or is it because of those binary cal.

u funny sha.

It was nightmarish o.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by MsFaith: 10:04am On Jun 13, 2017
Ishilove:
Sanchez01, come and see maths o!! cheesy

Lord knows I HATE maths sad angry

It took fasting, prayers and 'giraffing' to pass Mathematics in my SSCE. Before then I scored F9 in maths in my GCE embarassed

No matter how hard I try I just can't grasp it. I understand the problems when I'm being taught, but once I study them on my own everything goes blank.

I hate maths!

I quoted you just to laugh cheesy
Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by privatetisa(m): 8:46am On Jan 01, 2018

Re: Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. by Vave: 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
For me, the most difficult exams in the world were high school exams. I was so worried that I even had to go to a psychologist. For me, exams were the scariest thing in the world until I decided to pass the exam and get a Cisco certification. My mother helped me find a spoto company that provides Cisco certification. And then I realized that exams can be interesting. They are held online and a team of high-quality teachers helps you cope with them. So exams are not scary! Here is the link of the service https://cciedump.spoto.net/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Agbami Scholarship Successful Candidate 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.