Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts (6771 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / N500bn Social Welfare: 1million Poor Nigerians To Get N5,000 Directly–Presidency / EFCC Freezes Father Mbaka's Accounts - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by PapaBrowne(m): 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2010
I'm surprised that many people are believing this nonsense.
It's sad to know that I share the same country with many folks here who are so naive as to swallow virtually everything without asking questions!
Who will save this country from the ignorance of its people?
What kind of education did many of the folks on here get?

While I do sincerely think Mrs Ibru wasn't straightforward in many of her dealings especially as regards some loans like the one she gave Ascot for the purchase of Wilbros, there is no way she would siphon money as large as is purported without it having a direct impact on Oceanic's ability to meet up with cash calls from depositors!!

Asides, the Ibrus have been wealthy for decades even b4 independence!!
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by SixoNine: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2010
Why are people defending Cecilia and Oceanic. The whole point of bailing out the bank was because the bank had no money. Oceanic was on the verge of collapse, they were borrowing money every week from the Central Bank to pay customers, instead of closing the bank down, Sanusi bailed them out. If the bank had collapsed all the customers would have lost their money. Cecilia stole the customers money and diverted it out of the country, the same with all the fake loans they gave to their friends. The fake loans where a way of robbing customers and sharing the funds. The reason why EFCC is after these people is that they've been robbing the customers for years and using the Central Bank as shelter!
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by PapaBrowne(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2010
SixoNine:

Why are people defending Cecilia and Oceanic. The whole point of bailing out the bank was because the bank had no money. Oceanic was on the verge of collapse, they were borrowing money every week from the Central Bank to pay customers, instead of closing the bank down, Sanusi bailed them out. If the bank had collapsed all the customers would have lost their money. Cecilia stole the customers money and diverted it out of the country, the same with all the fake loans they gave to their friends. The fake loans where a way of robbing customers and sharing the funds. The reason why EFCC is after these people is that they've been robbing the customers for years and using the Central Bank as shelter!

Are you serious Please tell me something we don't know!
Farida Waziri is after these people for robbing customers
Tell me you believe what you just wrote!!

As regards bailing the banks, if Oceanic had no money and was on the verge of collapse, why then did Sanusi first approve the audited results of Oceanic bank as well as give them the go ahead to pay dividend b4 turning around to sack the CEOs.

The truth is in the open about Sanusi and his vendetta mission. Its only a matter of time b4 his actions would fall upon him same as it did his crony Mutallab Snr!
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by nduchucks: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2010
One can't help but wonder whether Sanusi did not overreact when he proclaimed that some of the sacked CEOs should be shot.

These numbers are staggering! Over $4billion in liquid instruments and hundreds of choice properties, most of which were allegedly aquired illegally shocked shocked shocked

Naijaking, I hope you are reconsidering your unconditional support for Madam Ibru.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by adigun101: 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2010
I am quite amazed . But I've got a few questions.
1. Based on CBN audit depostor funds in oceanic bank were about 20 - 30 bn.

2. Non-performing loans were N278.

3. If Nigerian banks hold up to N500 billion of an individuals deposits. Why is it that their depositor total is not more than 50 billion.

So where did the money come from. Is is that she defrauded shareholders and directed all the banks loans to herself.

I need some clarification on the issue. This story lacks credibility.

Some of us are less gallible than most of you.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Ad4(m): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2010
This kind of stories makes me sick! cry It really goes a long way to show that the generation before this present youths (us), don't have a plan for us at all. How will someone have N500 billion in her account and young people mostly who thought they could have a career in the bank were discharged.
Their are a lot of Ibrus in our Nigeria today, this wicked set of people in their generation that does not want our properity. They hide in companies refusing to retire,personalise the place,make company account their own account,eat the money,give talks on good leadership,expect young people to be patriotic,send young people outside to go and toil under the sun as if they did and then order them around. I hate the sight of such people and desire that their end comes soon sad
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Gadols(f): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
i still find it hard to believe this kind of money exist in our economy.
500bn naira? one person, ? sorry one WOMAN? i think this is a joke.
if this is rue, then what she has + akingbola's should comforTLY FUND OUR ECONOMY.
I don't think this is true.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by oadaji: 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2010
sola310

Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts
« #8 on: Yesterday at 09:44:22 AM »
court shd order part of it to be donated to Haiti, after all she will be doing a charitable work. God help her greed.

Everyone is so concern about Haiti. we Nigerian should first reflect on the poverty bestowed on us by our own Natural disasters (our leaders)? All the charity towards Haiti should be directed towards the many homeless and hungry people of Nigeria.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by emeke123(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2010
Can you immagine? 500bn naira = $332,229,232.55. God have mercy,
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by boyt1: 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2010
each time i read this level of embezzlement from people we suppose to trust, while young graduates are rooming the streets no hope, i just feel like send a letter BOMB to Mrs Ibru and all her supporters no matter where on Earth the Fools are.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by mamagee3(f): 12:27am On Jan 23, 2010
Best decision ever made by Nigeria's Judicial system
I hope the criminal gets busted and then thrown into jail where
she rightfully belongs
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by lucian2: 2:48am On Jan 23, 2010
Hey! people did somebody forget something? Ibrus have been billionaires for years. They have got chains of businesses. All that money could not have been made from her bank alone. For those of you screeming and calling her names for the amount of money she has, may i ask, is there ceilling to an amount of money one may make in the world? Nigeria has been decimated by corruption no doubt and that is not enough reason to regard somebody who has worked hard and invested well as greedy and persona non grata. Albeit, she is not a saint but , the court ruling to me could be likened to using a canon to kill a fly. This is my personal view and i hope i don't get crucified for that.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by twinskenny(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2010
Nigeria
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by mamagee3(f): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2010
MrCrackles:

Lawd hammercy. . . .
500 billi
Screw me sideways!!! shocked angry

And you just got screwed front and back. grin grin
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by nadico(m): 4:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
if ibru has 500b, akingbola has 600b, im tipping jim 2 be im the region of 700b to 800b, tony should be around 800b that is from STB 2 date,moji looks a little bit light so i should say around 100b, okey notwitatanding his small frame cant be less than 50b, barth nko, , TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by koolchicco: 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2010
^^^LWKMD grin
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by thameamead(f): 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2010
NA WA O
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by kunolu: 1:22am On Jan 31, 2010
Sanusi and Waziri are just attention seekers, none of the charges against this woman has anything to do with theft, the most serous of the charges borders on giving out loans to herself and granting loans to others without adequate security. Mind you, they have not said anything about her defaulting on the loans she granted to herself. This is just an attack on the private sector by the real thieves in the public sector e.g governors, senators e.t.c. If you need to vent your frustration on someone focus on them and leave ibru alone to the courts.

Nigerians are so gullible.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by biina: 3:31am On Jan 31, 2010
I doubt she has N500 billion (=over $3 billion) in her accounts. N500 million is a more realistic figure.
It could be an honest mistake, but more likely sensational journalism by the source.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by marvix(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2010
@papabrowne u kno nothin or very little abt d banks in Nigeria nd bankin.
I'm sure if Yaradua had been accused of havin dat kind of money in accts all the same pple sayin unbelievable would hav labelled him wit unprintable names witout askin any questions the truth be said all d lootin in this nation in d past 10yrs didn't succeed without the input of bank MDs a good percentage of oil bunkerin in dis country goes thru banks so 500b may not be a big deal after all.
Those askin how they make profits nd meet up other obligations don't understand what d CBN window was about and have not appreciated to what extent the banks went in cookin nd doctorin d books but 4d records wen Oceanic was declarin a 7b profit they actually made a loss of abt dat amount for the economist in dis forum pls explain further what level of doctorin cld achieve dis feat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr / Biafra Flag! The Meaning By Carol Munday / It Seems The Hunger In The Country Is Everywhere(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.