Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts (6772 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / N500bn Social Welfare: 1million Poor Nigerians To Get N5,000 Directly–Presidency / EFCC Freezes Father Mbaka's Accounts - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Lagosboy: 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2010
I find it hard to believe this money was cash in bank. Properties worth billions already seized then liquid cash in this tune, it cannot be. US billionaires dont even have this sort of liquid cash at hand.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by otukpo(f): 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2010
GOOD!

THEY SHLD FREEZE ALL HER ACCOUNTS AND CONFISCATE ALL HER PROPERTIES.

SHE DESERVES TO SPEND THE REST HER OF LIFE BEHIND BARS.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by lawrence83: 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
500Billion naira.

Na wa oh, where hard working men and women never see 100,000 naira for a year,

someone has, that in her accounts.

I cant believe this s.hit yet.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Ajengogo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
This is a cock & bull story. If this statement is really from EFCC, then that agency is filled with a bunch of fabricators. N500Billion my foot.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2010
and to think 25billion dollars naira was the minimum capital base required during the banking sector consolidation exercise. Ergo, she could (as an entity) single handedly afford a merger with all nigerian banks and not even batt an eyelid!
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by AYOANU: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
ibru needs financial deliverance
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by koolchicco: 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2010
U mean She stole not 1b, 2b, 3b but upto 500 BILLION? shocked shocked shocked

And to think that this is just her wealth in bank accounts is even more shocking.

Peradventure by the time all Her properties, shares, bonds, et al are added She might even be richer than Roman Abramovic undecided

Walahi some Women get criminal mind pass Men sef!
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Gekko(m): 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2010
adigun101:

Ibrus combined wealth in account balance(500 billion Naira) + 103 properties (Dubai, New york, london etc) + business interests (shares and holdings) = > 1 trillion naira = > 10 billion dollars
Of course, all of a sudden Nigerias bank MDs a now among FORBES 500.
If you believe this story, you are an un-intelligent gaullible FOOL! Undecided

i am also wondering how is it possible to amass such wealth without being detected by feds or lagos state raising an eyebrow
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Ninapha(f): 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry Nigeria! see what you have turned even mothers to!

why? Cicil, You were suppose to be a role model in the banking world.

Where is your milk of motherhood to our nation?
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by kshow1(m): 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2010
N500 billion cash in bank ? wao i rest my case
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by odedele: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
500B? y then r we sacking innocent staff
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by dfactor: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
I seriously doubt the veracity of this story. There is a strong likelihood that she may guilty of some unprofessional conduct, but to the tune of N500b? Come on! It doesn't just make sense. Most of the Forbes billionaires don't have most of their worth in cash. Are we to believe that someone as enlightened as Mrs. Ibru will keep it in cash even when it was clear her bank (her baby) needed the money? Now there seems to be more to this matter than meets the eye if you ask me.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by elewedu(m): 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2010
this bastards hv ruined the nation. i am so shocked and short of words.she is a miserable Gold digger. she has just taken the appellation from calos slims helu of mexico bastado codoccioso(greedy bastards).
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Remii(m): 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2010
These old people continue to amass so much even as they attend funeral ceremonies of their friends and even younger ones everyday, na wa oo.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by ReachRich(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2010
Someone is definitly not saying the truth here.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Remii(m): 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2010
Wopping N500,000,000,000 wow, even if she spends N1m everyday it would take her 1,369 years to finish that amount shocked angry shocked angry shocked angry shocked !!!!!!!! Vanity upon vanity.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by carlinks: 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2010
much as i detest Cecilia cos i am a shareholder in her bank and i watched as the value of the whole shares eroded,i will not believe all these figures the papers are quoting, 500BN is a hell of a money, how much be the whole Nigeria budget for one year self?
these newspaper guys report junk news, Naija for u sha
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by kobikwelu(m): 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2010
NAIJA BROWN ENVELOPE JOURNALIST AND THEIR SENSATIONAL HEADLINES,

do these clowns know wot 500billion really means?

the woman stole some dough, but guys lets get a grip!!!500 BILLION!!!! HABA!!! shocked

its just not true, lets use reason here

even bill gates, slim and warren buffet combined dont have such liquid cash in an account. lipsrsealed

poor hungry classless journalists that dont even know their onions angry
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by mistakay: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ibrus combined wealth in account balance(500 billion Naira) + 103 properties (Dubai, New york, london etc) + business interests (shares and holdings) = > 1 trillion naira = > 10 billion dollars
Of course, all of a sudden Nigerias bank MDs a now among FORBES 500.
If you believe this story, you are an un-intelligent gaullible FOOL! Undecided

seconded. if she has that kind of money why wont she have helped stabilize her bank with even 20% percent of that which should be about N100 billion.Idiot reporting.this reporter should be sanctioned. angry angry
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by slap1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
And I'm looking for N48,000 to pay my school fees. . . .
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by duality(m): 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2010
when will nairaland see something like this just agree its a fallacy . well, its what ppl want to hear and now they've heard it. total rubbish!!!

N500b my foot
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by ProAnti: 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2010
Some Nairalanders really dissappoint me.

To think that supposedly educated and enlightened Nigerians would be so gullible to believe every thrash some jobless and half-baked journalists put in their amateur newspapers really breaks my heart.

How will Nigeria move forward
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Omolulu(m): 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
if she had 500 billion whether in assets or liquid cash or both then she wouldnt be the guest of EFCC would she
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by NSNA: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2010
could it be that she is just a good business person

http://allafrica.com/stories/201001210392.html

Some of the companies which the anti-graft agency listed where Ibru owns substantial interest include: Africa Lloyd Limited, BFCL Assets & Securities Limited, Bliss Bloss Integrated Services Limited, Casi Properties & Investments Limited, Circular Global International Limited, Cloudy Heights Limited, Comvet Trades & Services Limited, Dilivent International Limited, Flotsome Investment Limited, LV Development Company Limited.

Others include: Mas-Mackoy Limited, Meeky Enterprises Limited, Nansheet Nigeria Limited, Prisky Gold Nigeria Limited, Waves Project Nigeria Limited, Zatlins Ventures Limited, Velvox Investments Nigeria Limited.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by manny4life(m): 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2010
Wait a second, this woman is worth abt $4 billion dollars, a little lot more than Dangote, hmmmmm did this person mean 5billion naira because it seem to me like they added on or two zeros to that number.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by PapaBrowne(m): 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2010
TODAY, I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT [size=14pt]THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN/NAIRALANDER IS COMPLETELY DULL!![/size]

HOW COME PEOPLE BELIEVE THESE FABRICATED LIES OH NIGERIANS!!

NO WONDER YOUR PRESIDENT IS SICK AND RULING YOU FROM A HOSPITAL IN ARABIA AND YOU CAN'T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!

OH!! NIGERIANS!! DULL PEOPLE!! I FEEL VERY SAD FOR THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY!

The EFCC comes up with uncoordinated lies like this and nobody has the intelligence to ask questions.

Simple questions like:

=how come after the purported stealing all these money,they still had much more than enough to pay salaries, pay dividends and build new bank branches.

=how come after all these purported stealing, they continued meet up with cash calls from depositors without any single ay of default.

Please Nigerians/Nairalanders, get a handle on your lives!
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by honeric01(m): 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2010
500 BILLION NAIRA.

PURE LIES

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO HAVE 500 BILLION NAIRA IN CASH (BANK), THAT'S A PURE LIE.

500 BILLION NAIRA?

FIND AN IBADAN MAN TO LIE TO, NOT ME.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Omolulu(m): 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2010
PapaBrowne:

TODAY, I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT [size=14pt]THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN/NAIRALANDER IS COMPLETELY DULL!![/size]

NO WONDER YOUR PRESIDENT IS SICK AND RULING YOU FROM A HOSPITAL IN ARABIA AND YOU CAN'T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!

YOU ARE MAD, please post this to your houysehold! first tell them they are dull before coming out to abuse the average nairalander/nigerian.dunce angry
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by manny4life(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Dude wasup with the insults? Who and who are the average Nigerians?
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Skidoc(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2010
PapaBrowne:

If you had taken just a little time to read through this thread, you would have seen that half of the posters on here did not believe the figures. So I don't understand the point of your stupid and lousy "Nairalanders/Nigerians are dull" post.
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by Omolulu(m): 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
PapaBrowne:

he should tell his household first, in fact he must be the dullest person on nairaland cos i've not yet seen dis magnitude of foolishness(except in romance section), the dolo didnt even read the thread at all,
Re: Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts by youngmonie: 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2010
This are the only thingss EFCC KNOW ABOUTT, so 9jeee ppl shud nt be gogked mehnn, her husband is a billionaireee,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ACN Shuts Out Gov. Sylva / Aerial Drone Capture Of Ongoing Nigeria Railway Project - Jere Station / FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.