Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election (44780 Views)

British Govt. Swears In Nigerian Woman Who Wins UK Parliament Election / Kelechi Anyikude Honoured By UK Parliament, Amara Kanu Supports Him / Seven Nigerians Make List Of 20 Richest Pastors In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by BoraWizzle(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
Dhayor001:
Sigh.

Young Nigerians doing it big everywhere but in Nigeria

Yep!!! It's a shame the state of our country is the way it is now... It will be better soon by God's grace....
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by lereinter(m): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Igbos making Naija proud.

God bless Nigeria Biafra

Now I understand the Hausa's grudge...not one of them on this list.

why dont u be an agent of good the tread should ve even motivated u to end tribal bigotry..

but at same time

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by temitope277(m): 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
deedeedeee2:
What is it to celebrate in this? Has this brought good roads, electricity, good education, good health care system to this country?
When Obama became president of U.S.A, how did it benefit the average man in kenya?
To be sincere, i really dont know what it is to celebrate in this.
Ilu yii gan sef!!!
i think u dont know wat obama did for kenya
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by korel9: 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
AkumahTalk:
Guy take time oh. I no wan laugh too much; I dey eat

grin grin grin
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by lereinter(m): 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
the way nff has been inviting british born player to the national team
lets invite these people to the legislative housses....

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by belindar: 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
Stop deceiving yourself. These people are not Nigerian. They are British .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by Babachukwu: 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
Why is it that our Northern brothers hardly perform well internationally

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by Cire80: 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
MadeInTokyo:
grin

Yo-robber Afonja
Igbo flat heads
Edo

All represented

Reporting live for NCAN BRANCH NIGER DELTA CREEKS
Kate Ofunne Osamor might be Ika going by mixture of Igbo and Edo names
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by DaPuncline: 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
I'm so happy for kemi badenoch(nee Adegoke). She lost 2010 election with a close margin. so happy for her.
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by chubbygal(f): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hausa people Dem swear for Una! No good name at all only known for evil.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by shine12: 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
BigBelleControl:
They're not Nigerians, they are Britons of Nigerian descents.

I get your point and I often get into the they are "Nigerians or not" conversation. To me they are Nigerians and at the same time British.

Nigeria is their heritage.
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
The good thing is that they didn't hire thugs or perform 'stomach infrastructure' to get voted.

That is how politics should be.

It sucks being the average Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by deedeedeee2: 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
temitope277:
i think u dont know wat obama did for kenya
What did he do?
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by shine12: 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
danjumakolo:

lol the Hausa's do not detest or forget their mother land and leave to go and settle in another mans land..its like not having faith in your motherland so much that you want to go and even migrate to live in another mans land and become their slave.

How many Britons, Americans,or any foreigner do u see coming to settle or even to contest here?

If these Nigerians tell u the daily insults they get in terms of racism,u will b amazed

If Nigeria is good and safe enough, every race in the world will come to her.

That's why common South Africa is full.

So you think Naija hatred and class oppression is not equal to racism?

3 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by deedeedeee2: 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
ekems2017:
It didnt come as a suprise to me cos about 60% of those living in UK are blacks Congrats to them and don't behave like our politicians over here.
You are actually wrong sis, it is 95%.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by shine12: 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
UjSizzle:
That's how you identify a progressive nation.

Yes o, there are only two countries in the world that has several 1st generation or foreign born citizen in her parliament. UK and USA

All Iranians MPs are probably all Iranians and I know all Nigerians congressmen are Nigerians,No pun intended.

The previous president of the great USA has a Kenyan Father.

imagine telling Nigerians that the next President's Father is from Guinea. what you will be hearing upandan is a foreigner is coming to rule us. We can't even allow Nigerians to rule Nigerians,all you will be hearing is Northerner/Southerner/South South.
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by HammerEvery(f): 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
The same ewedu elements who jump up for joy when their young people perform politically in UK and US will still Old cargoes and Donkeys from almajiri north to lead their destiny in nigeria.

If these young British yorubas were in nigeria they'll never get a chance to lead,even the ewedu muslims will deny them that and sell their political destiny to abokiii. grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
abdulkayus:

Nope, the hausas don't have d courage and zeal to succeed in such countries, that is y. They don't explore and dey are local champion. Also nt as educated as the west and east

Well it depends on what u mean by which type of education. We have the Islamic and the western education. Prior to western education in Nigeria, the north was educated in Islamic education for over 900 years before western education came.They could read,write n speak in Arabic. And that's y the white man was amazed they they saw the administrative structure in the north.This brought indirect rule of which the south was still wondering in the dark.

And because of this,the queen insisted she will land in Kano when she was coming for the first time to Nigeria.
Do u know of any southerner who was given the title "Sir" apart from Ahmadu bello and tafawa balewa?..go to YouTube and see the way Balewa addressed the united nations in a classical queens accent..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by abimbolayekeen: 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2017
Congrats .
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by psp2pc(m): 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
no aboki
Internationally, I think the northerners excel in other fields and not in politics , engineering and science maybe?

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by AreaFada2: 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
lovelygurl:
They are NOT Nigerians but their parents probably are. Most of them might have just been in Nigeria 3x in their lives
But still, they carry 9ja torch brighter than most ugwu or ewedu-eating locally based Nigerians. grin grin cheesy cheesy

Those who do well are mostly those who grew up with the never-say-die determined attitude of their 9ja parents.

It takes resilience and proper adjustment to an environment where you are of minority ethnicity to navigate the system.

If you have suck kids, you will know that if you raise them to be proud of their heritage, they will be first to shout their "Nigerianness", while immigrants Lukmon & Chinedu are busy faking accent to mask their own.
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by Wiseoldman: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
korel9:
Only Afonjas and Igbos.

The abokiis are only good for ruling Nigeria.

Why did seun censor the word abokl and left iPOB and Afonja without censoring them? grin

Or is he showing the true Afonja in him?

Scared of d abokiis...?

Just wondering sha

Because IPOB is the name of a registered (I hope) self determination group and Afonja is actually a name people have till today. The original Afonja was a Yoruba war general of ancient time that fought over 28 wars. He became so powerful that he hatched a plan to annex a part of the Yoruba empire (Ilorin, a town in Kwara State of the present Nigeria). To do this he partnered with a foreign country...He was eventually betrayed they the foreign nation (Fulanis). Thus you have a mix of Fulanis and Yoruba in Ilorin till today.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by Bondesniger(m): 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
i beg make i ask una
how many Nigerian tribe are there

just asking oo help me count
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by temitope277(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
deedeedeee2:
What did he do?
ask google
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by suremanpatriot: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
BROS,THIS SHOWS YOU CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING GOOD YOU ASPIRE TO ACHIEVE IN THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT.
...When a society attains the peak of civilization they chose people of intelligence and character,and not chosing people with tribal sentiment or racial bias.
NIGERIAN LEADERS BOTH OLD AND YOUNG NEED THIS LESSONS SO BADLY TO RESTRUCTURE THEIR MINDSET AND WAY OF LIFE WHICH CREATES THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT FOR TRUE DEVELOPMENT TO FOLLOW.
...BY the way for all these people in Nigeria fomenting tribal rancour and ethnic bitterness, how long do they think they hav to live on this earth? *** Why are ppl of African heritage so full of hatred,full of jealousy and rancour stagnating them themselves...this is because the African leaders all lack major qualities of sane humankind. They lack the essential inner virtues ,such as: forgiveness,tolerance, contentment,sense of community,sense of humility, sense of unity of purpose and equality before the law.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by korel9: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
Wiseoldman:

Because IPOB is the name of a registered (I hope) self determination group and Afonja is actually a name people have till today. The original Afonja was a Yoruba war general of ancient time that fought over 28 wars. He became so powerful that he hatched a plan to annex a part of the Yoruba empire (Ilorin, a town in Kwara State of the present Nigeria). To do this he partnered with a foreign country...He was eventually betrayed they the foreign nation (Fulanis). Thus you have a mix of Fulanis and Yoruba in Ilorin till today.

You are indeed a Wiseoldman.
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by justy15: 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2017
Congrats to them all doing us proud there while some kunu drinking hooligans are here issuing threat n warming up for properties to inherit without making recourse to international right of everybody to own property anywhere in the world
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by almarthins(m): 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Igbos making Naija proud.

God bless Nigeria Biafra

Now I understand the Hausa's grudge...not one of them on this list.

Thank God the name"Nigeria" didn't come from any tribe I would have also rejected it. Those people u r referring to a biafrans will never care whatever happen out Here as far as they are concern they represent British interest. So oga wise up dont xpend much time on dem ,,if it was possible for dem it will be possible for you. Write ur own story in d sand of time.make sufree dey beat chest...una see say afonja sef no be fool as una dey think. Muscles no be every thing sometimes intelligence is required
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
suremanpatriot:
BROS,THIS SHOWS YOU CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING GOOD YOU ASPIRE TO ACHIEVE IN THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT.
...When a society attains the peak of civilization they chose people of intelligence and character,and not chosing people with tribal sentiment or racial bias.
NIGERIAN LEADERS BOTH OLD AND YOUNG NEED THIS LESSONS SO BADLY TO RESTRUCTURE THEIR MINDSET AND WAY OF LIFE WHICH CREATES THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT FOR TRUE DEVELOPMENT.
God bless you jare, dont mind those annoying goats that are constantly thinking of destroying their fellow man rather than conquering and developing thier environment.
you will never see anyone come up with reasonable objective contribution. these dunderheads cannot do without money politics. i dont know if they swear for them.
it is hard for them to do things right.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by malakus(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
congrats to them
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by davidif: 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kennitrust:
These re the people who would have taken over the leadership of this country.

But I guest? They re afraid of assassination by our old die-hard politicians who re ready to killed whoever temper with their chance of looting

With young people like this, Nigeria would have being well structured

This country need revolution undecided

That is ehn! the amount of talented Nigerians that we have overseas dem too plenty. Until we create a system that is conducive for them to come back they will continue to stay abroad and flourish.
Re: Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election by wyt(m): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
Who told u people that hausans ain't representing? That then first bank chairman's son.... in delta airline in Dec 2009 was representing they way they could. Do u know they celebrate him more than we are celebrating these ones!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Recreates President Buhari’s Look / Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH / Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.