Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

The Problem With My Igbo Brothers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Problem With My Igbo Brothers (2870 Views)

Learn From The Yorubas- Joe Igbokwe Tells Igbo Brothers / Appeal To My Igbo Brothers / Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by lankylucky(m): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2017
blaquebelle:
What gives you so much assurance that the leaders still won't swindle the funds after Biafra is created. Don't forget that how a person behaves in a mud house is still how the person will behave when in a golden mansion.

if almost all of you are rushing here to agree that our political leaders is our problem then I think what is expected of us is how to solve this problem.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2017
Yyeske:
Why educating those brainwashed miscreants, let them label you a Zambian, it doesn't kill your Igboness, that's exactly what radio Biafra taught them.
There's nothing brainwashed about this issue. I don't even​ think my​ state is part of Biafra but it​has become obvious we can never been​ one in this country. This has​always been the case but​ we have been trying so​hard to cover the cracks which are becoming too wide and very​visible.

Imagine I want to rent a house in Ogun State and the Yoruba landlord says he​can't rent out​ to somebody not from the West. Not everyone does​this but​ deep down, there's​ this sentiment. Let there be any little provocation in the North and​ then you'll realize we​ are definitely not one. It's so tough to see​ a country having so many differences​ and still sticking together. And we're wondering why we're moving at a very slow pace.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by lankylucky(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2017
one of the ways in which government can do better is to bring governance closer to the people ie. to decentralize governance.

taking a closer look at what the biafrians are doing I do believe they are absolutely on track

that guy from #BRASS#
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:
Op,you've said it all.
Igbos should retrace their steps. The enlightened Igbos should caution the illiterate ones who are bent on leading them tp anarchy.
Ask yourself this: if Biafra is actualized today,how will the Biafrans feed?
I ask because Igbos don't farm again. All of the Igbo youths now want to ride Okada or Keke or do business ( buying and selling of what other people manufacture). Nobody wants to go to farm again.
Infact,there farmlands will not even be enough to support the millions of Igbos that will be forced to relocate to the S/E on actualization of Biafra.
This is why all food stuff ( I mean all) are much more expensive in the S/E than any other place in the country. This includes even palm oil that is supposed be majorly produced in the S/E.
It won't take anything for people to return to the farm. And also that Biafra is actualized does not mean all is will have to go back to the East. They should be able to stay and work legally in Nigeria as long as they have the​necessary paperwork.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by Kingsley1000(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:
Op,you've said it all.
Igbos should retrace their steps. The enlightened Igbos should caution the illiterate ones who are bent on leading them tp anarchy.
Ask yourself this: if Biafra is actualized today,how will the Biafrans feed?
I ask because Igbos don't farm again. All of the Igbo youths now want to ride Okada or Keke or do business ( buying and selling of what other people manufacture). Nobody wants to go to farm again.
Infact,there farmlands will not even be enough to support the millions of Igbos that will be forced to relocate to the S/E on actualization of Biafra.
This is why all food stuff ( I mean all) are much more expensive in the S/E than any other place in the country. This includes even palm oil that is supposed be majorly produced in the S/E.
see how they will call u afonja
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 8:51am On Jun 10, 2017
blaquebelle:
What gives you so much assurance that the leaders still won't swindle the funds after Biafra is created. Don't forget that how a person behaves in a mud house is still how the person will behave when in a golden mansion.
Don't forget there won't be 'our brother' talk any more so it will be easier​ to prosecute those that steal public funds.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2017
Kingsley1000:
see how they will call u afonja
Did you read the news about Anambra exporting vegetables? If you insist that the ibos cannot farm, what do​ you think​they're good at?

1 Like

Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by felicitywe(m): 8:54am On Jun 10, 2017
1people:
I am old enough to choose what is good for me and what I want. Nobody can force anything on me. I am a full bloodied Nigerian and not a Biafran. Those who are championing the IPOD or what ever they called it are nothing but big fraud. Biafra. Their format came at the wrong time because this present government is not ' OH BOY YOU DON OBTAIN GOVT'. check MASSOB, OPC, MANY OF SUCH LIKES IN THE NIGER DELTA , all are nothing but how to obtain money from the government. Today uwazuruike and his likes moves around in convoys of more than 20 vehicles with mansions scattered all over the country. these are settlements obtained from the government.
For the present IPOB, its unfortunate their format came at the wrong time because this present govt cannot fall to such scam.
Everyday gullible people the south east who were being brainwashed daily by the political leaders will be shouting marginalization. who is marginalizing who? if the central government distributed resources to each zones and those who represents you are the center converted it to their personal property, you have to hold them accountable and make sure they vomit what they have stolen from you. If the EFCC did not call the youths of OGBIA local govt who were running mad in the streets of Yenogoa protesting the arrest of their leader and benefactor and showed them documents stating how about more than 50 billions was given to their so called benefactor and leader for various projects in their regions under the NDDC which the man converted to his personal pockets even to the extent that one of his children who is about 5 yrs old has a balance of 3 billion in an account opened under her name, the people of OGBIA would not have known the truth that the person they see as their god is the one bewitching them. same goes to all other regions in the south east. OUR MUMU DON DO!!!!
Is there any IGBO man dead or alive who is greater than ojukwu, who loved the igbos more than ojukwu and who has sacrified his life and resources for the course of the igbos more than Ojukwu?
In 2003, Ojukwu out of the cry of this marginalization by the people of south east offered himself for president so that he can give to his people what they have been crying for. It is the biggest opportunity the IGBOS has to correct what they call imbalances in the distribution of amenities as they alleged. There are about 20 million eligible Igbo voters scattered all over the country ad their votes alone is enough for IKEMBA to occupy the ASO ROCK.
BUT what happended? his people, the IGBOS, those now shouting MASSOB, IPOB, Biafra or whatever, spat him on his face. he could not even win one local government in the whole of south east. IN ENUGU STATE, OBASANJO OF PDP SCORED 99% OF TOTAL VOTE AGAINST OJUKWU. same goes for EBONYI, ABIA ,ANAMBRA AND IMO. the highest number of votes OJUKWU got was from lagos. For the people who has 20 million eligible voters which is more than the requirements to put anyone in power, all ojukwu could get was 150,000. with about 50k OF THE VOTES COMING FROM LAGOS.
Even the people of south west, which is OBASANJO'S zone REJECTED OBASANJO BUT OJUKWU'S PEOPLE TOLD OBASANJO YOU ARE THE ONE WE WANT AS THE SOUTH EAST ZONE GAVE HIM THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF VOTES. WHAT A WASTEFUL GENERATION? TUFIAKWA, WHO IS FOOLING WHO? FOR HOW LONG WILL MY PEOPLE CONTINUE TO PERISH IN IGNORANCE.
If Dr Chris Ngige did not refuse to share Anambra state TREASURY with OUR SO CALLED POLITICAL LEADERS AND HIS GANG, Anambra state would not have known that such was the order of the day during the previous government of MBADINUJU where by almost 80% of the total revenue received by the states during the 4 years of the administration was converted to personal properties of our so called leaders whose convoy of securities is far bigger than that of the president. YET WE WERE STILL BEING SOLD THE DUMMY OF MARGINALIZATION. THAT THE CENTRAL GOVT DO NOT GIVE US ANYTHING.
HOW ABOUT ABA, THE CENTER OF IGBOS INGENUITY: HOW HAS THE MIGHTY FALLEN? WE ALL KNOW HOW THE POLITICAL LEADERS OF THE STATES DESECRATED THE STATE AND TURNED IT TO REFUSE DUMP. TEARS IN MY EYES
Senator Ayogu Eze was the chairman of Senate committee on works for good 8 years.He is in charge of appropriation of funds for federal road projects in the National assembly each budget period and its over sight. Yet all the federal roads in the south east could not be maintained for all the years he was there even when funds are being appropriated for them each year . who owns the companies all the contracts were given to and how can they receive money for such projects but cannot do them and your son is the one supervising them. Now Go and check his properties and assets scartered all over world,
ENOUGH OF THE TRASH CALLED Biafra. OUR MUMU DON DO.
The only way I can take the IPOB agitators serious is to arrest all those who has served in the federal government between 1999 and 2015 and roast them alive because they were the greatest enemy and NO1 slave masters of the IGBOS.
TO THOSE WHO HAS EARS LET THEM HEAR BUT TO THE DUMB ASS, YOU CAN CONTINUE TO EXHIBIT YOUR GULLIBILITY NOT ME ANYMORE.
SHALOM

copied

Note: I am an Igbo man from Anambra state and the true son of Aguleri
Your epistle is meaningless.Even with ur schooling in UK this is d much u can reason..And must you deny ur ethnicity to claim another man's own?

1 Like

Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by Pavore9: 8:58am On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:

And I think​ they would be allowed to stay in Nigeria as they are against the creation of Biafra

Who is the diety that will stop me from being in igboland because of my views? cheesy
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by michelz: 9:15am On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:

It won't take anything for people to return to the farm. And also that Biafra is actualized does not mean all is will have to go back to the East. They should be able to stay and work legally in Nigeria as long as they have the​necessary paperwork.
My Brother, Southeast doesn't have enough land mass to cater for the agricultural needs of the South easterners should Biafra be actualized.
Even right now that Igbos are widely spread all over the country and world,Igbos don't have enough land to cater for their needs.
Go round the eastern regions and see things for yourself. Presently,things are very expensive in markets in SE ; I mean very basic food stuff that should be normally produced in the SE.
Check almost all the biscuits,detergents,soaps,beverages,and notice that almost all of them are produced alsewhere apart from the east. These are salient indices that speak volumes.
Igbos have greater advantage currently being in Nigeria than when they get Biafra.
The Igbo man generally loves to travel around and do business.
Do you think that other regions will welcome them with open arms and not restrict their movements and activities should Biafra be actualized?
Let me tell you,the Yoruba nation,the northerners,some SS people want their independent nation,but they know the time isn't right for that now for them.
They're busy attracting developments,investors and basic federal structures in their regions so that they can have the basic foundation to stay on their own should this nation break up. Do you think they're all stupid?
Igbos should be wiser than this. They shouldn't allow a few disgruntled people lead them into undue catastrophe.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:

My Brother, Southeast doesn't have enough land mass to cater for the agricultural needs of the South easterners should Biafra be actualized.
Even right now that Igbos are widely spread all over the country and world,Igbos don't have enough land to cater for their needs.
Go round the eastern regions and see things for yourself. Presently,things are very expensive in markets in SE ; I mean very basic food stuff that should be normally produced in the SE.
Check almost all the biscuits,detergents,soaps,beverages,and notice that almost all of them are produced alsewhere apart from the east. These are salient indices that speak volumes.
Igbos have greater advantage currently being in Nigeria than when they get Biafra.
Do you think that other regions will welcome them with open arms and not restrict their movements and activities should Biafra be actualized?
Let me tell you,the Yoruba nation,the northerners,some SS people want their independent nation,but they know the time isn't right for that now for them.
They're busy attracting developments,investors and basic federal structures in their regions so that they can have the basic foundation to stay on their own should this nation break up. Do you think they're all stupid?
Igbos should be wiser than this. They shouldn't allow a few disgruntled people lead them into undue catastrophe.
As far as concerned since everyone else is so sure that the ibos are going​ to suffer if allowed to leave why don't​you allow them go then? I'm sure a lot of people will want to see them suffer.

If there's anything I am sure of, it's that all regions will​ develop at a faster rate when separated. Everyone will want to prove that they are better off without the others or that they don not need the others to experience growth. A lot of ibo guys control serious money and I believe they will work together to prove it wasn't a mistake. Same with other regions.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2017
Pavore9:

Who is the diety that will stop me from being in igboland because of my views? cheesy
Nothing o lol

1 Like

Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by michelz: 9:47am On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:

As far as concerned since everyone else is so sure that the ibos are going​ to suffer if allowed to leave why don't​you allow them go then? I'm sure a lot of people will want to see them suffer.

If there's anything I am sure of, it's that all regions will​ develop at a faster rate when separated. Everyone will want to prove that they are better off without the others or that they don not need the others to experience growth. A lot of ibo guys control serious money and I believe they will work together to prove it wasn't a mistake. Same with other regions.
Just compare what you described above with what is presently happening in South sudan.
Seastern governors receive billions monthly in allocation:why have they not proven themselves and developed at a "faster rate"? Or you think these present criminal crop of Igbo leaders won't be the ones ruling Igbos if Biafra is actualized?
By the way,the present Igbo elites are mainly the reason why Biafra has not been actualized yet.
Igbos want Biafra and yet an average Igbo man that wants to open up a company will simply go elsewhere apart from Igboland to initiate it. How many Yorubas or Northerner do you see opening up big companies in SE? Infact,Yorubas majorly don't invest heavily elsewhere apart from their region. And that is why the northerners can not give them the kind of "pack-and-go" ultimatum they rountinely give to SE people. Because they know they'll have much more to lose since the northerners themselves invest heavily in SW.
These are common-sense politics that every Igboman should know.
What I'm saying is that Biafra is a totally Bad idea for now.
Igbos still have a lot of homework,a lot,before they start seeking for Biafra. Otherwise,South sudan will be a child's play compared to the fate of Igbos.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by honeychild(f): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:

Nothing o lol

I heard una albino say it on radio o. He said anybody that is not with them now will not be allowed to stay in Biafra.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:

Just compare what you described above with what is presently happening in South sudan.
Seastern governors receive billions monthly in allocation:why have they not proven themselves and developed at a "faster rate"? Or you think these present criminal crop of Igbo leaders won't be the ones ruling Igbos if Biafra is actualized?
By the way,the present Igbo elites are mainly the reason why Biafra has not been actualized yet.
Igbos want Biafra and yet an average Igbo man that wants to open up a company will simply go elsewhere apart from Igboland to initiate it. How many Yorubas or Northerner do you see opening up big companies in SE? Infact,Yorubas majorly don't invest heavily elsewhere apart from their region. And that is why the northerners can not give them the kind of "pack-and-go" ultimatum they rountinely give to SE people. Because they know they'll have much more to lose since the northerners themselves invest heavily in SW.
These are common-sense politics that every Igboman should know.
What I'm saying is that Biafra is a totally Bad idea for now.
Igbos still have a lot of homework,a lot,before they start seeking for Biafra. Otherwise,South sudan will be a child's play compared to the fate of Igbos.
Was going to type something lengthy but I realized you​still won't be able to get it. Shouldn't the​ igbos be​ the one to be begging to​ stay? Why is Nigeria doing the​ begging?
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2017
honeychild:

I heard una albino say it on radio o. He said anybody that is not with them now will not be allowed to stay in Biafra.

And?
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by honeychild(f): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:

And?

And he is the Supreme commander in chief and diety-general of the Biafran Liberation Forces.

Right thinking igbos are watching as he is becoming a diety in igboland, thinking that when the time is right saner minds will take over.

You don't know that he controls the almajiri. It is when you try to tame him, and he calls his street urchins that you will know the monster you allowed to grow unfettered.

Terrible things happen because good people do nothing.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2017
honeychild:

And he is the Supreme commander in chief and diety-general of the Biafran Liberation Forces.

Right thinking igbos are watching as he is becoming a diety in igboland, thinking that when the time is right saner minds will take over.

You don't know that he controls the almajiri. It is when you try to tame him, and he calls his street urchins that you will know the monster you allowed to grow unfettered.

Terrible things happen because good people do nothing.
Terrible things has been happening since​ forever and​ it won't stop
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by GrandGarcon: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:

The usual lies. Travel on Onitsha owerri road, and see how the land lies fallow, waiting for development, that is just that part of Biafra, there are literally that kind of empty huuuuuge land mass all over Biafra, so many of them, in fact they are countless. You know nothing bro.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by michelz: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:

Was going to type something lengthy but I realized you​still won't be able to get it. Shouldn't the​ igbos be​ the one to be begging to​ stay? Why is Nigeria doing the​ begging?
Igbos are not begging to stay because they still don't understand what is at stake.
They don't understand the dynamics of Nigerian politics.
The fact that one of the largest ethnic groups in the country,being Igbo,is complaining of marginalization should speak volumes.
Why can't Igbos compete favorably in Nigerian polity?
All these other regions are not begging Igbos to stay; they just want Igbos who they know can "wisely" help them develop their regions to stay. They're in effect using Igbos as cheap labor source.
Imagine this: an Igbo man opens up a large company in SW,employs a percentage of the local indigenes as required by law,and still pays tax to the government of that state. What can be more stupid to the Igbo man than that?

Think about this: do you know that garri is more expensive than wheat produced in SW in SE? Imagine,ordinary Garri o that should normally be produced in the SE that should be as cheap as satchet water now more expensive than a packaged product imported into the SE.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by michelz: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2017
GrandGarcon:
The usual lies. Travel on Onitsha owerri road, and see how the land lies fallow, waiting for development, that is just that part of Biafra, there are literally that kind of empty huuuuuge land mass all over Biafra, so many of them, in fact they are countless. You know nothing bro.
My Brother,I have traveled to all parts of the SE and I know them very very well.
You think those are massive land mass?
Have you considered the population of Igbos?
Where will you site industries? Where will you build houses that millions of Igbos will live? Where will you farm? Where will your animals graze?
Have you been to Umuahia? Have you been to Aba? Have you been to Awka? Do you see how those places are compacted? Even Ebonyi state is becoming increasingly inadequate to cater for her citizens.
Wake up Bro!
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by GrandGarcon: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:

Igbos are not begging to stay because they still don't understand what is at stake.
They don't understand the dynamics of Nigerian politics.
The fact that one of the largest ethnic groups in the country,being Igbo,is complaining of marginalization should speak volumes.
Why can't Igbos compete favorably in Nigerian polity?
All these other regions are not begging Igbos to stay; they just want Igbos who they know can "wisely" help them develop their regions to stay. They're in effect using Igbos as cheap labor source.
Imagine this: an Igbo man opens up a large company in SW,employs a percentage of the local indigenes as required by law,and still pays tax to the government of that state. What can be more stupid to the Igbo man than that?

Think about this: do you know that garri is more expensive than wheat produced in SW in SE? Imagine,ordinary Garri o that should normally be produced in the SE that should be as cheap as satchet water now more expensive than a packaged product imported into the SE.
I understand the nigerian politics very well, it is the dirtiest, the most dangerous, full of twists and turns, full of ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing, full of back stabbers. Very tiny in terms of ideology, manifestos and humans.
The Hausa has no respect for his fellow country man, because the brutish brits left them in control of the country, hence the born to rule mentality. We Biafrans do not identify with such politics and want to be left alone to practice our politics. Thank you!
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by GrandGarcon: 11:31am On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:

My Brother,I have traveled to all parts of the SE and I know them very very well.
You think those are massive land mass?
Have you considered the population of Igbos?
Where will you site industries? Where will you build houses that millions of Igbos will live? Where will you farm? Where will your animals graze?
Have you been to Umuahia? Have you been to Aba? Have you been to Awka? Do you see how those places are compacted? Even Ebonyi state is becoming increasingly inadequate to cater for her citizens.
Wake up Bro!
Have you considered a country like Bangladesh? I have been to Umuahia several times, the Umuahia of old was better, it was destroyed during the war, the nigerians should have rebuilt it left it on its own and people had to do it on their own, using make shift means, that is why it is that ugly, look at porthacourt the so called oil city, looking so tatterd! compare it to Austin Texas and you will see that PH needs to be DEMOLISHED and built afresh from ground up with modern blue print.

Where did Innoson site his factory, you don't even know the difference between industry and factory, even a small room can used as a factory, so size doesn't matter, go to Aba and see what guys are doing there on their OWN, without government help, one thing I hate you Nigerians for, is this talk talk talk and all talk no action, but IPOB is talk na do. Instead of bagging for unity why not begin to invest in the FEDERAL infrastructures in the east, like the Enugu Airport, make it truly international, with modern facilities and point to Biafrans what they will miss if they leave nigeria, what about the FEDERAL roads, the ports of Calabar and porthacourt so that the Biafran doesn't have to go all the way to Lagos to ship his goods in or out of nigeria. All these unity begging will not move us, neighther will blackmail do it.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by michelz: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
GrandGarcon:
Have you considered a country like Bangladesh? I have been to Umuahia several times, the Umuahia of old was better, it was destroyed during the war, the nigerians should have rebuilt it left it on its own and people had to do it on their own, using make shift means, that is why it is that ugly, look at porthacourt the so called oil city, looking so tatterd! compare it to Austin Texas and you will see that PH needs to be DEMOLISHED and built afresh from ground up with modern blue print.

Where did Innoson site his factory, you don't even know the difference between industry and factory, even a small room can used as a factory, so size doesn't matter, go to Aba and see what guys are doing there on their OWN, without government help, one thing I hate you Nigerians for, is this talk talk talk and all talk no action, but IPOB is talk na do. Instead of bagging for unity why not begin to invest in the FEDERAL infrastructures in the east, like the Enugu Airport, make it truly international, with modern facilities and point to Biafrans what they will miss if they leave nigeria, what about the FEDERAL roads, the ports of Calabar and porthacourt so that the Biafran doesn't have to go all the way to Lagos to ship his goods in or out of nigeria. All these unity begging will not move us, neighther will blackmail do it.
You're using Aba,a very small tiny drop in the ocean to examplify the whole the Igbo nation should Biafra be actualized.
Granted Aba people are trying even without major government assistance,still it's not enough to cater for millions of Igbos. Do you know how long it took Aba people to get to their present stage as entrepreneurs?
Also,the fact that Aba is still underdeveloped despite the huge billions of naira that her governors have been getting and the huge potentials that lie in Aba should make reasonable Igbos to think deeply.
Why do you think the federal government will build projects for you in your region when you can't even play simple politics of self interest to help yourselves and all you chant daily is Biafra! Biafra!! Biafra!!!
They'll simply consider siting any major project in SE as waste because they believe your hearts are not in the country.
It is not their duty to seduce you into having a stake in the polity of the country; rather it is your duty to claim a stake for yourself. What have your leaders,the leaders that are closest to you done with the allocations in billions that come to them monthly?
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by 7lives: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
Kingsley1000:
ANYI BU NDIGBO BU NDI NZUZU..OP thank you very such for the insight..."our mumu governors and senators are the ones maginalizing us"

They are not Mumu, they are just selfish.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by 7lives: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:

Who is going to give them the work permit?.
Nigeria is a zoo na.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by Duru1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ever8054:
the best they can do to defend there stupidity..

It is safe to say that only a dumbass fool can remotely think that stupidity is defendable.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by GrandGarcon: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:

You're using Aba,a very small tiny drop in the ocean to examplify the whole the Igbo nation should Biafra be actualized.
Granted Aba people are trying even without major government assistance,still it's not enough to cater for millions of Igbos. Do you know how long it took Aba people to get to their present stage as entrepreneurs?
Also,the fact that Aba is still underdeveloped despite the huge billions of naira that her governors have been getting and the huge potentials that lie in Aba should make reasonable Igbos to think deeply.
Why do you think the federal government will build projects for you in your region when you can't even play simple politics of self interest to help yourselves and all you chant daily is Biafra! Biafra!! Biafra!!!
They'll simply consider siting any major project in SE as waste because they believe your hearts are not in the country.
It is not their duty to seduce you into having a stake in the polity of the country; rather it is your duty to claim a stake for yourself. What have your leaders,the leaders that are closest to you done with the allocations in billions that come to them monthly?
You yourself was the one who mentioned Aba before I took it up in my reply.
We Biafrans will cut off our heads and present it to them on a golden platter before they accept me, look at your small sense. When Stella Oduah was upgrading the Enugu Airport, I remeber how you Yoruba people went up in arms against her, writing all manner of slanderous petitions, articles and epistles against her, it did not work, it got to the extent that you people entrapped her and used blackmail against her that Jonathan fired her, all because of Enugu Airport, some 1diots even wrote on their useless Lagos Ibadam express road newspapers about how upgrading the Enugu Airport is wrong. I saw all these things. After a war the war torn areas are rebuilt, psychological care is given to the people there and a truth and reconciliation commission is set up to help the people of that place to get back to their normal life albeit accepting the new status quo, but in nigera, the reverse became the case, people were left on their own, and you still expect them to like you, you mist ne high on something.
It is my duty to claim what for myself. You see how you reason? Like you are from another planet, Before the white man came and caused all these problems, did nigeria exist? Did they ask you or your grandfather for permission to make him a nigerian? Is it by force to be a nigerian?
If my heart is not in the country, why not do something so as to convince me to put my heart in the country and contribute my quota to her development?
The so called leaders you are talking about are the same people that were imposed on us, look at okoroawsa and Ihedioha of Imo state, Alex Otti and Ikpeazu of Abia state, both okoroawsa and ikpeazu were imposed and the nigerian courts validated the imposition, their election was never free nor fair, so there is no way you can hold them responsible, because you are not the one that put then there. But we know exactly what to do about these people, we are just waiting for the right time, there will be no election anywhere in Biafra.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by michelz: 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
GrandGarcon:
You yourself was the one who mentioned Aba before I took it up in my reply.
We Biafrans will cut off our heads and present it to them on a golden platter before they accept me, look at your small sense. When Stella Oduah was upgrading the Enugu Airport, I remeber how you Yoruba people went up in arms against her, writing all manner of slanderous petitions, articles and epistles against her, it did not work, it got to the extent that you people entrapped her and used blackmail against her that Jonathan fired her, all because of Enugu Airport, some 1diots even wrote on their useless Lagos Ibadam express road newspapers about how upgrading the Enugu Airport is wrong. I saw all these things. After a war the war torn areas are rebuilt, psychological care is given to the people there and a truth and reconciliation commission is set up to help the people of that place to get back to their normal life albeit accepting the new status quo, but in nigera, the reverse became the case, people were left on their own, and you still expect them to like you, you mist ne high on something.
It is my duty to claim what for myself. You see how you reason? Like you are from another planet, Before the white man came and caused all these problems, did nigeria exist? Did they ask you or your grandfather for permission to make him a nigerian? Is it by force to be a nigerian?
If my heart is not in the country, why not do something so as to convince me to put my heart in the country and contribute my quota to her development?
The so called leaders you are talking about are the same people that were imposed on us, look at okoroawsa and Ihedioha of Imo state, Alex Otti and Ikpeazu of Abia state, both okoroawsa and ikpeazu were imposed and the nigerian courts validated the imposition, their election was never free nor fair, so there is no way you can hold them responsible, because you are not the one that put then there. But we know exactly what to do about these people, we are just waiting for the right time, there will be no election anywhere in Biafra.
All you whine about Stella Oduah is nothing but the intrigues of politics at play.
It is about self interest. And that is how it is everywhere in the world.
Stop complaining about the fate of Igbos in Nigerian politics because Igbos are mainly the architect ( that's another day's discussion,by the way).
Nobody imposed your leaders on you. Was it the Northerners or the westerners that came from their region to SE to vote in Ikpeazu,Okorocha and the rest of them?
How many times have you rallied and protested against your bad leaders in your region?
Let me tell you,even if you get your Biafra today,you'd still continue your normal daily whining and cries of marginalization.
You see why people are deeply worried about how some of you proponents of Biafra reason? You're here on the net,well hidden on an anonymous forum and declaring that there will be no election in Biafra... Funny you. That's the kind of lawless nation you people want to create.
By the way,when according to you,Yorubas picked up arms against Stella Oduah,what did you Igbos do?
When Yorubas started labeling Arthur Nzeribe a crook,what did you Igbos do?
Were most of you not also in tandem with them and called them crooks?
Did you Igbos not turn your backs and voted for the same Yoruba candidate - Abiola- who said he could do without the Igbo nation?
Let me tell you this: Igbos need to start reeducating themselves; because they're getting it all wrong at all fronts.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by GrandGarcon: 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
michelz:

All you whine about Stella Oduah is nothing but the intrigues of politics at play.
It is about self interest. And that is how it is everywhere in the world.
Stop complaining about the fate of Igbos in Nigerian politics because Igbos are mainly the architect ( that's another day's discussion,by the way).
Nobody imposed your leaders on you. Was it the Northerners or the westerners that came from their region to SE to vote in Ikpeazu,Okorocha and the rest of them?
How many times have you rallied and protested against your bad leaders in your region?
Let me tell you,even if you get your Biafra today,you'd still continue your normal daily whining and cries of marginalization.
You see why people are deeply worried about how some of you proponents of Biafra reason? You're here on the net,well hidden on an anonymous forum and declaring that there will be no election in Biafra... Funny you. That's the kind of lawless nation you people want to create.
By the way,when according to you,Yorubas picked up arms against Stella Oduah,what did you Igbos do?
When Yorubas started labeling Arthur Nzeribe a crook,what did you Igbos do?
Were most of you not also in tandem with them and called them crooks?
Did you Igbos not turn your backs and voted for the same Yoruba candidate - Abiola- who said he could do without the Igbo nation?
Let me tell you this: Igbos need to start reeducating themselves; because they're getting it all wrong at all fronts.
Point of correction nobody voted for them, they did not win any election, in fact has there even been an election in Igboland? I doubt so, this time around no body dares go to any polling booth,anybody that tries it will be viewed as an enemy of Biafra! And will be treated as such.
I am not complaining, all I am agitating for is for the restoration of our real nation which is BIAFRA.
I don't know the history of the zoo called Nigeria only you do.
You protest agaisnt who you did not vote for, he is there taking care of his godfathers' needs.
Go and read the draft Organogram released by IPOB, study it before making ignorant statements, with the parliamentary system, I don't have anything to complain.
So you mean we should take guns and murder youruba people, sorry we are not murderous like you.
Last time I checked Nzeribe is in the same position as azikiwe, the educated illitrates and wise fools. We Voted for Jonathan also.
Go to hell and burn to ashes with your niggar area. We ain't interested anymore.
Once again search for and read the Organogram by IPOB you will see that the worst Biafra is a million times better than the best zoo called nigeria.

But WHY DO Yoruba CARRY BIAFRA MATTER FOR HEAD LIKE AKARA.
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by eph12(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
7lives:

Who is going to give them the work permit?.
Nigeria is a zoo na.
Zoogerians
Re: The Problem With My Igbo Brothers by patval(f): 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
@op, unity is not by force so stop this your intellectual masturbation.The sit-at-home have shown you guys that our agitation is not a chest beating exercise.While you are busy with your writing poo, Biafran think thank team is busy putting up structural foundation which will set Biafra on a sound footing. Don't you observe that we no longer exchange rants,now is the time to constructively establish a system that will engender equity,equality and justice which are the core values of Igbo man.
my advice to you is to stop worrying yourself cos we know how to carry our cross.
Before I forget, if you know or have any Igbo friend up north, help me inform him or her to go to any Chisco transport park around him for a free ride back home.
God bless my Biafra!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Not Stand With Biafra‼, Says Ibibio Nation / IPOB Launches Operation 'Egwu David' 2.0 / Anambra State - The Bad Nature Of Road In Nnewi Main Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.