Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87184 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You are latching on to the usage of this strawman, is it a newly acquired word? grin

Many have told you that it's ricochet but you steadfastly stuck to your individual position. Cool.

Not sure what the numerical year has to do with validating your argument but I have calendars around me.
nah brah, strawman means arguing away from the point of contention and thats exactly what you are doing. the argument is not if i said all buildings in nigeria are made of cement. thats just something i threw out there to say that this particular building is not made of wood. and you seem to latch onto this insignificant point as if its what we are arguing about. classic straw man distraction
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by takenadoh: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my question is why did he leave the vantage point and cover of that room he was where he had an advantage ? he is brave but he is stupid also. RIP tho. he had the advantage when he was in that room and he had cover but he chose to run out and then got shot.

when he was in that room anyone who walks up to the room is at a disadvantage as you saw when the robber walked up to the room and got shot and killed by him.
Young Man, if u watch again U'll notice the robbers had 3 cartridges each, the mopol had just one, and as such after he gunned down that man, he probably felt they will come. For him, if u noticed, the security post had a window and if the other 2 should concerntrate on finishing him as a sign of revenge for dia idiot colleague he was a gonner as well, so he took the best option he tot was available as to run for cover somewhere else.

U must understand the difference between watching or participating in smth live and watching replays.

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
nah brah, strawman means arguing away from the point of contention and thats exactly what you are doing. the argument is not if i said all buildings in nigeria are made of cement. thats just something i threw out there to say that this particular building is not made of wood. and you seem to latch onto this insignificant point as if its what we are arguing about. classic straw man distraction

Your response is simply a red herring. You posted this"hey, its naija, all buildings are cement. its america that build with wood" and you were called out on it.

Reposting strawman all over the place will not negate your misstep.

You have no evidence that the structure is reinforced, none.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
takenadoh:

Young Man, if u watch again I'll notice the robbers had 3 cartridges each, the mopol had just one, and as such after he gunned down that man, he probably felt they will come. For him, if u noticed, the security post had a window and if the other 2 should concerntrate on finishing him as a sign of revenge for dia idiot colleague he was a gonner as well, so he took the best option he tot was available as to run for cover somewhere else.

U must understand the difference between watching or participating in smth live and watching replays.
and this is why you cant be a police officer because your sense of observation is not astute. from a quick observation there is a getaway driver, and an unarmed guy, and only two are armed and one of the armed guy is not paying attention to him. he had the cover of a cement building while the two armed guys had no cover. he had absolutely no reason to leave his post. its poor training and too much adrenaline that caused him to mess up and endanger his life

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Your response is simply a red herring. You posted this"hey, its naija, all buildings are cement. its america that build with wood" and you were called out on it.

Reposting strawman all over the place will not negate your misstep.

You have no evidence that the structure is reinforced, none.
it wasnt a significant part of my argument. why you got a hard-on for the insignificant ? fact remains that police post is made of cement. lets move on. and if i had a bank and i interviewed you about what you will do under this type of circumstance and you say the things you are saying here, I would not hire you. it shows you are someone who is mentally unstable and potentially dangerous . if you dont have any regards for your life you certainly will have no regards for mine. however if you say you will alert the people in the bank and call for back up and then see if you can get the car number and then only engage if your life is threatened or the life of anyone else or if you feel you have a clear advantage, YOU WILL BE HIRED ON THE SPOT .
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Cybertext(m): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
I have noticed that some people have watch too many american movie and are equating it to reality,
My own view after watching the full clip of the cctv

1. you will realize that the robbers car was already outside the bank premises long before the Honda accord car came inside, the robbers had to reverse from their parked position and try to make a way into the bank by parking in-between the gate for a better chance of getaway.

2. There were more than one policeman in the tiny security post (which is tactically wrong)

3. it is actually harder to aim directly at you target using an AK-47 ( AK-47 is an assault rifle and not a defense weapon)

4. The robbers had more magazines than the policemen

5. the dead robber actually got some of the policemen in the security post injured when he shot sporadically at the post

6. the dead robber was foolish enough to enter the post thinking he had incapacitated all the force men in the security post

7, the policeman that ran out of the security post did that not only to save his injured colleagues but to save his own life too... ( it will be easy for the remaining two robbers to riddle the post with bullet and kill all inside.

6 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Hope you don't mind that I didn't watch your linked video wink

"Ciao, and I mean it this time" credibility = odo grin grin grin
Au revoir!

And stop derailing tongue
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
it wasnt a significant part of my argument. why you got a hard-on for the insignificant ? fact remains that police post is made of cement. lets move on. and if i had a bank and i interviewed you about what you will do under this type of circumstance and you say the things you are saying here, I would not hire you. it shows you are someone who is mentally unstable and potentially dangerous . however if you say you will alert the people in the bank and call for back up and then see if you can get the car number and then only engage if your life is threatened or the life of anyone else or if you feel you have a clear advantage, YOU WILL BE HIRED ON THE SPOT .

I'll move on when I've made that decision.

I won't work as a security guard for a coward of a boss that doesn't take the security of his staff and customers to heart.

Your basis is actually dangerous for the LEO postion. I hope you never interview for such a position because your callousness will simply get innocent people off'd.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by takenadoh: 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
and this is why you cant be a police officer because your sense of observation is not astute. from a quick observation there is a getaway driver, and an unarmed guy, and only two are armed and one of the armed guy is not paying attention to him. he had the cover of a cement building while the two armed guys had no cover. he had absolutely no reason to leave his post. its poor training and too much adrenaline that caused him to mess up and endanger his life
You see your analysis is wrong and baseless, before the action, I am almost certain the Police officer was probably relaxed, at the same time, He probably didn't know how many they were or if they were all armed, to the teeth, you are talking about the wall, what of the window? I'm sure after gunning down that one and seeing the amount of ammo, he had to run for cover and if u are very observant, he was running to safer place without a window.

Imagine if the two of them decided to revenge their colleague with their amount of ammo the Police officer would have died immediately.

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:

Au revoir!

And stop derailing tongue

What have you added to this discussion except for infantile threats?

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
takenadoh:

You see your analysis is wrong and baseless, before the action, I am almost certain the Police officer was probably relaxed, at the same time, He probably didn't know how many they were or if they were all armed, to the teeth, you are talking about the wall, what of the window? I'm sure after gunning down that one and seeing the amount of ammo, he had to run for cover and if u are very observant, he was running to the point where other officer fired a shot from, so probably that place was safer without a window.

Imagine if the two of them decided to revenge their colleague with their amount of ammo the Police officer would have died immediately.

Spot on.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
takenadoh:

You see your analysis is wrong and baseless, before the action, I am almost certain the Police officer was probably relaxed, at the same time, He probably didn't know how many they were or if they were all armed, to the teeth, you are talking about the wall, what of the window? I'm sure after gunning down that one and seeing the amount of ammo, he had to run for cover and if u are very observant, he was running to the point where other officer fired a shot from, so probably that place was safer without a window.

well then he is in the wrong job. his astute sense of observation is lacking.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'll move on when I've made that decision.

I won't work as a security guard for a coward of a boss that doesn't take the security of his staff and customers to heart.

Your basis is actually dangerous for the LEO postion. I hope you never interview for such a position because your callousness will simply get innocent people off'd.
and a boss with sense will not hire a crazy unstable person like yourself lmao. if you have no regard for your own life how will you have regards for mine ? you are a potentially dangerous person to have around watching my bank. grin wink
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by ruggedtimi(m): 2:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
richeeyo:

Before saying rubbish, the gallant men of the force as captured them all, idoit people always trying to rubbish the force can you protect yourself
sorry for my ignorance. I wasnt aware wink

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
and a boss with sense will not hire a crazy unstable person like yourself lmao. if you have no regard for your own life how will you have regards for mine ? you are a potentially dangerous person to have around watching my bank. grin wink

So I have to be crazy and unstable? grin

You are sounding more and more bitter.

See how I am able to hold you in discussion without resorting to childish stunts and assinine inuendoes?

It's required decorum.

Your position is simply faulty and above all dangerous. You would like the only person armed to cower in a corner like a yellow belly rat instead of doing his duties.

No wonder robbers write letters to a whole subdivision of impending robbery.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

So I have to be crazy and unstable? grin

You are sounding more and more bitter.

See how I am able to hold you in discussion without resorting to childish stunts and assinine inuendoes?

It's required decorum.

Your position is simply faulty and above all dangerous. You would like the only person armed to cower in a corner like a yellow belly rat instead of doing his duties.

No wonder robbers write letters to a whole subdivision of impending robbery.
i am not a slavemaster. unless i am paying you 10 million naira a year ? I do not require you to give up your life for me. just be a deterrent and warn those in the bank if you see something suspicious outside so they can close the vault and all take cover and lock the bank down. thats what i pay you 50,000 naira a year for. i do not need you risking your life for me for that amount. i am not a slave master. now if i give you 10 million a year salary then you can risk your life for me wink
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by takenadoh: 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
well then he is in the wrong job. his astute sense of observation is lacking.
You have no idea that it only takes one bullet to kill someone and if you've been to a bank lately, u don't see them holding their guns ready for action all the time, usually they are very relaxed and if u noticed the robbers never planned to rob the bank they were only trailing the people with the cash, but the Police officer will not have all of that info, in his head he probably thought the two cars that just entered wanted to rob the bank or smth and with the window there and his fire power he was in danger .

You are noticing more things as u keep repeating the video, he didn't have such luxury.

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by BiggyBamBam: 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
"The police said they do not know the sergeants age or his hometown."

And he was a member of the force?
No record of the guy?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
i am not a slavemaster. unless i am paying you 10 million naira a year ? I do not require you to give up your life for me. just be a deterrent and warn those in the bank if you see something suspicious outside so they can close the vault and all take cover and lock the bank down. thats what i pay you 50,000 naira a year for. i do not need you risking your life for me for that amount. i am not a slave master. now if i give you 10 million a year salary then you can risk your life for me wink

The LEO did his job and very well.

Good luck with your fictitious employee and your dreamland salary scales grin
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The LEO did his job and very well.

Good luck with your fictitious employee and your dreamland salary scales grin
hey its reality bro. i know you people in nigeria are heartless and expect people to die for you when you pay them peanuts. but having lived abroad i have become more humane and considerate of the lives of others wink
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
takenadoh:

You have no idea that it only takes one bullet to kill someone and if you've been to a bank lately, u don't see them holding their guns ready for action all the time, usually they are very relaxed and if u noticed the robbers never planned to rob the bank they were only trailing the people with the cash, but the Police officer will not have all of that info, in his head he probably thought the two cars that just entered wanted to rob the bank or smth and with the window there and his fire power he was in danger .

You are noticing more things as u keep repeating the video, he didn't have such luxury.
well if it only takes one bullet to kill someone then why is he running into a hail of bullets ? cheesy
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by salford1: 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Onyochejohn:
op is a lier, the man return fire till those baastard left, if not op should back it up with pix evidence . Our prayers are with that police man, I wish him well not dearth Pls
I guessed as much too. The post is full of grammatical errors. These quack journalists aka bloggers are very desperate.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by logica(m): 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Cybertext:

1. you will realize that the robbers car was already outside the bank premises long before the Honda accord car came inside, the robbers had to reverse from their parked position and try to make a way into the bank by parking in-between the gate for a better chance of getaway.
You may have to watch again; they trailed the Honda and drove past the bank as the Honda drove in. They then stopped and reversed to enter the bank. Apparently they knew the Honda had a large sum but didn't know the owner was stopping at the bank to make a deposit. They were following and waiting for an opportuned location to ambush. Of course this happened a long time ago and the police already have all the details of the robbery.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
In Nigeria, if you have not put down your whole soul and blood in the line of duty then you haven't started working.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
hey its reality bro. i know you people in nigeria are heartless and expect people to die for you when you pay them peanuts. but having lived abroad i have become more humane and considerate of the lives of others wink
Lol. Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:

In Nigeria, if you have not put down your whole soul and blood in the line of duty then you haven't started working.
right ? awon slavemaster oshi. thats why nnamdi kanu said it is a zoo with people thinking like animals. let me tell you about my first ever job in england when i was young, i was a security guard. so on getting the job the guy says if you confront any thief or get into physical altercation with any thief or chase a thief and leave the premises of the store that i am fired on the spot shocked I say shuoooooo ? so what is my job then ? he says we just need you to be a visual detterent. thats all. VERY CIVILIZED COUNTRY. THATS WHY THEY FIRST WORLD AND WE ARE THIRD WORLD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 2:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
right ? awon slavemaster oshi. thats why nnamdi kanu said it is a zoo with people thinking like animals. let me tell you about my first ever job in england when i was young, i was a security guard. so on getting the job the guy says if you confront any thief or get into physical altercation with any thief or chase a thief and leave the premises of the store that i am fired on the spot shocked I say shuoooooo ? so what is my job then ? he says we just need you to be a visual detterent. thats all. VERY CIVILIZED COUNTRY. THATS WHY THEY FIRST WORLD AND WE ARE THIRD WORLD
Wowwww.... Nigeria still has a long way to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:

Wowwww.... Nigeria still has a long way to go
right ? zoogeria cheesy
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by salford1: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
The police definitely has his identity. The name given to the press would be fake. He would have been reposted to another location. Also for an ak47 rifle, the cement+sand walls are like butter to its projectiles....only a wall made of mud/clay would stop the bullet of an ak47.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kripen(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:
I AM SORRY FOR THOSE WHO THINK THAT THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS UNTACTICAL AND UNINTELLIGENT,,THE BEST THEY CAN DO IS TO HIDE THE OFFICER FROM THE PUBLIC FOR SECURITY REASONS..

AND SECONDLY:WHEN YOU ARE IN SUCH SITUATIONS,CONFUSION ROCKS YOU..THE OFFICER GUNNED DOWN THAT ROBBER OUT OF FEAR FOR HIS LIFE,
ALL HE WANTED TO DO WAS TO ESCAPE AND THAT WAS THE BEST DECISION.
BECAUSE THERES NO WAY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO STAND THOSE HEAVILY
ARMED ROBBERS ,COUPLE WITH THE FACT THAT THEY HAD JUJU POWERS.
IF YOU WATCH THE VIDEO PROPERLY YOU WILL OBSERVE THE AMOUNT OF CONFIDENCE THEY HAD AND THAT WAS WHY THE ROBBER WAS DETERMINED TO
ENTER THE SECURITY POST...

AND FINALLY,THE OFFICER WOULD HAVE HIDDEN HIMSELF WITHOUT MAKING ANY SHOT,KNOWING HE WAS THE ONLY ARMED PERSON IN THE ROOM.
THE POLICE SAID THEY HAD TWO OTHER POLICE MEN THERE,WELL THATS A BIG LIE{PROBABLY THE COLLEAGUES OF THE GATE MAN THAT RAN OUT}
BECAUSE IN THAT SITUATION EVEN AN UNARMED CIVILIAN WOULD SUPPORT THE BRAVE OFFICER JUST TO SAVE THEIR LIFES....I DONT BELIEVE THE MAN IS DEAD THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS JUST KEEPING THEIR HERO SAFE.
in as much the officer was brave, he should have be extremely calculate and patient in the security post, though impatient made him ran away when he was on a vantage point. I don't think the npf are lying, from the way the robber ran after him it shows that the police man was shot at and he fell and the robber was pointing the nozle of the rifle to completely kill the police which I think he did. And we should know that the police man was running to the banking hall which we should know by the time he was running there it must have been locked by those in charge. my analysis is to show the mopol officer died. may his soul rest in peace.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by uzuede4(f): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
akpamuomenka:
Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko.

NCAN take note.
Be rest assured they have taken note.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kripen(m): 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:
I AM SORRY FOR THOSE WHO THINK THAT THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS UNTACTICAL AND UNINTELLIGENT,,THE BEST THEY CAN DO IS TO HIDE THE OFFICER FROM THE PUBLIC FOR SECURITY REASONS..

AND SECONDLY:WHEN YOU ARE IN SUCH SITUATIONS,CONFUSION ROCKS YOU..THE OFFICER GUNNED DOWN THAT ROBBER OUT OF FEAR FOR HIS LIFE,
ALL HE WANTED TO DO WAS TO ESCAPE AND THAT WAS THE BEST DECISION.
BECAUSE THERES NO WAY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO STAND THOSE HEAVILY
ARMED ROBBERS ,COUPLE WITH THE FACT THAT THEY HAD JUJU POWERS.
IF YOU WATCH THE VIDEO PROPERLY YOU WILL OBSERVE THE AMOUNT OF CONFIDENCE THEY HAD AND THAT WAS WHY THE ROBBER WAS DETERMINED TO
ENTER THE SECURITY POST...

AND FINALLY,THE OFFICER WOULD HAVE HIDDEN HIMSELF WITHOUT MAKING ANY SHOT,KNOWING HE WAS THE ONLY ARMED PERSON IN THE ROOM.
THE POLICE SAID THEY HAD TWO OTHER POLICE MEN THERE,WELL THATS A BIG LIE{PROBABLY THE COLLEAGUES OF THE GATE MAN THAT RAN OUT}
BECAUSE IN THAT SITUATION EVEN AN UNARMED CIVILIAN WOULD SUPPORT THE BRAVE OFFICER JUST TO SAVE THEIR LIFES....I DONT BELIEVE THE MAN IS DEAD THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS JUST KEEPING THEIR HERO SAFE.
in as much the officer was brave, he should have be extremely calculate and patient in the security post, though impatient made him ran away when he was on a vantage point. I don't think the npf are lying, from the way the robber ran after him it shows that the police man was shot at and he fell and the robber was pointing the noble of the rifle to completely kill the police which I think he did. And we should know that the police man was running to the banking hall which we should know by the time he was running there it must have been locked by those in charge. my analysis is to show the mopol officer died. may his soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Found Pictures Of Herself In A Bottle In Her Friend's Closet (Photos) / Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] / Husband Kills Wife In Jigawa For Denying Him Sex Days After Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.