Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,335 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Man Inhumanity 'case Study Of First Bank Nigeria ' - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Inhumanity 'case Study Of First Bank Nigeria ' (1905 Views)

Man Inhumanity To Man: Disturbing Photo Of Ikoku4-victims Of Police Brutality / Earn Free N10,000 Per Day With ALAT By Wema Bank Nigeria / Man Inhumanity To Man( From A Pain Heart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Inhumanity 'case Study Of First Bank Nigeria ' by Jalamoh1: 7:06am On Jun 10, 2017
Human are cruel, human inhumanity to man has no sign of ending soon.
This is a story of organisation I worked for first or last Bank.

I have no regrets for leaving, coz I have made my money and even defrauded d bank, dat dey can't find out anytime soon. Mumu bank.

I'm am writing this bcoz of d complains I got lately from guys still working with Dem called service executive.
Service executives are the engine room of first bank, they are used to there last blood with peanut as salary.

Promise upon promise of adding meagre amount to there pay has not been fulfilled up till date, this are people who have equal certificates or more with there supervisors.

Even if u can't convert dem, increase there pay to a good standard, dat dey won't grumble with money to move dem to steal.

The mumu heads (CEO, hcmd, and branches senior staff) are there to pound more and more work on u, smile all the time to customers, than to compensate u for good job done. U will all rot in hell.

Are these Junior staff not human?

Some have family to cater for, some live life miserably, but Wat is there since to go to polytechnics and get job with dem.

The Ricos, senior staff don't want to see u grow,
Rico's eat anything they like from branches wen they visit, sn have there ways of cutting contract money, inflate receipt, etc

People are working for u, u find it difficult to send dem for training, senior staff go for training and claim money massively.

First Bank stingy bank, other organizations will appreciate there staff in December by giving goodies for dem to enjoy with there families, but since I knew Fbn, dey av Neva done dat even till this time of recession.

senior staff are entitled to Pay for performance (when most of them do no work), profit sharing,up-front, other mouth watering allowances, but the HND and OND working for them are just entitled to their meagre monthly salaries.

They said there is recession they laid off drivers, cleaners, secretaries, people leaving on meagre pay,
Whereas a salary of single top official can pay all junior staff.

They employed lower credit people, so that it will be hard for dem to ask for their rights.
Promised when they get to top position they will convert service executives, till date, those people are still hoping,
When it's time for conversion, they have there own picks, they want to bring in..

I need to enter my former branch and slap some of those cruel supervisors, idiots, mumu.
Because u are in position of power, u thread anyhow

A good organization should structure a pathway for growth, when new ones come in, let old ones in service resign or retire and create job with there accumulation so far.

First Bank, make ur work place a happy and conducive environment to work

Nigeria leaders are doing there own, grass root people are doing same, when will Nigerians get rid of this cruel people, the change has begun!!!!!!

Nb :
Some are witnessing same In other organizations.
Mystery shoppers you are not left out, traitors of service executives.
If all of you do not have a positive change of mind, may woe betide you all
Re: Man Inhumanity 'case Study Of First Bank Nigeria ' by influenz: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2017
Lolz. Good for them. How much did you cut out with! Hope its something fat?
Re: Man Inhumanity 'case Study Of First Bank Nigeria ' by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 10, 2017
"FBN Unpaid"..If I start with the issues in FirstBank, we Won't Leave here today.

I remember first bank. I was a full staff there in 2006/2007. Trained in Iganmu. Posted to the East. While others Banks were paying 180, 200k etc.. First Bank was paying us 59k. 59 thousand pieces of Naira only!

We wondered what crime we have committed. Did we make a mistake by picking FirstBank ? At the end of the training school, other Banks were waiting with Buses, ready to poach us from the training school gate at Iganmu. Especially Zenith Bank. We even told Benardine Okeke (the then HR Head) about this. Her response to us was to jokingly say " FirstBank sees this as community service to the banking industry in Nigeria" Jesu! Say what?! You have just spent millions training us. Feeding us. Housing us. Bringing fitness trainers every Saturday, etc. Etc. And you are not bothered that other Banks are poaching your staff due to the little pay you offer? They couldn't be bothered. They were not bothered. At least while I was there.

We got to our branches and what we saw was tired, groggy, unhappy branch staff. Old people who should have retired, but were still kept in service. Now if the Branch staff were unhappy, the contract staff were just plain Sad,unmotivated and disappointed. They were used mainly in the bulk rooms to count cash and stuff. Full staff/Senior Staff that could sign in to Finacle were mainly in Customers Service, Cashiering/Front Office, Accounts and Marketing. Contract staff were mainly cash counters and receivers in the bulk room. Most came down with allergies in their noses and eyes due to particles and dust from note counters. But the bank couldnt be bothered. Nose masks were hardly available.They had to buy on their own. One particular "Mr. J " really had it bad. He kept visiting opticians etc. Until I informed him of the issue of Occupational Health and Diseases and drew a relationship between his never ending eye problem and the note counting machine. All thanks to my Discipline in the University. FirstBank was just because jobs were not there and we did not want to wait at home forever.

One week into the job the network issues were a mess. Firstbank should be ashamed of their network palaver. While no system is perfect, there's was built to be down. We couldn't post vouchers. We couldn't balance our cash accounts. Can anyone guess what the Manager did? She gave us queries!!!! Queries asking us to explain why disciplinary actions should not be taken against us! Hahahaha... "FBN Unpaid"! Anyway, I wrote a reply, I chronicled how the branch was messed up, with the electrical system causing sparks (fact!), the network being down, the branch not being conducive for banking business, as a matter of fact, the fact that the security men at the gate take bribes to let customers in after 4 o clock increasing our workload etc etc. They tossed my reply and jokingly told me that they did not see it. Hahahaha.

During movement of cash, other Banks pay risk allowances to staff. Some good. Money. Others also paid good Saturday banking allowances. FirstBank paid us only 2 thousand Nairaland each Saturday. For specimens movement, I did not even bother to claim the money. It involved filling forms to claim 2 thousand Nairaland after taking the risk of moving money in a Billion Van with anxious and worried armed police men and BEMIL Staff. What the branch management told me was that "is it the money we pay that will stop armed robbers bullets from killing you if the bullion van gets attacked "!? Hahahahaha... "FBN Unpaid"!

When I exclaim "FBN Unpaid" please don't mind me. FBN Unpaid is what we jokingly called ourselves in my branch because of the very low pay and tedious work. I don't want to say where the name if from. But FBN Staff know anyway.

Now the funny thing is, while we as staff were complaining about the conditions of service, THE CONTRACT STAFF WERE WORSE OFF! THEY WERE SUFFERING. SERIOUSLY.

Even if you want to take contract staff, then give them a structure. Allow for career progression. Ensure that the companies that supply the staff provide you with happy and contented staff. When customers come in, they don't differentiate whether it was a full staff or contract staff that was rude to them. No. To them, from the Gateman to the HBO and to the Manager is First Bank.

Banking leaves you no time to do any other thing. It takes your life. Your youth. Your relationships. I swore I was never going to marry a banker. There were trysts and secret romantic relationships and all that, between staff both married and single. Secret (sex in the bathroom/sex early in the morning /sex late in evening at the office) relationships. I swore I was never going to marry a banker. Never! A lot of the woman had issues in their marriages. THIS IS NOT LIMITED TO FIRST BANK ALONE.

Firstbank has one of the craftiest set of customers. Many of them can't read/write properly but they can hide paper in notes, hide fake notes, intentionally write 100 thousand while they are paying in only 10 thousand. Hahaha.. FBN Unpaid!

At times network issues took us to other branches to post our vouchers. We would be there till 11 pm posting. Because we had to wait for the Branches staff to finish with their work before we logged on to their computers to use. When we finished, the ladies would be going home on their own. We the guys were even lucky we lived together and so went home together. Band of Brothers. The ladies stayed in various areas. I would wonder how they wouldn't be attacked by one Randy lunatic or robbed. I swore I was never going to marry a banker. Never!

Well, OP, I don't support the fact that you took away money from them. I worked there too. My dream was to leave them for intercontinental and then Central Bank if I could. But never was I tempted. Never. You should have just looked for a way to leave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Inhumanity 'case Study Of First Bank Nigeria ' by Jalamoh1: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
"FBN Unpaid"..If I start with the issues in FirstBank, we Won't Leave here today.

I remember first bank. I was a full staff there in 2006/2007. Trained in Iganmu. Posted to the East. While others Banks were paying 180, 200k etc.. First Bank was paying us 59k. 59 thousand pieces of Naira only!

We wondered what crime we have committed. Did we make a mistake by picking FirstBank ? At the end of the training school, other Banks were waiting with Buses, ready to poach us from the training school gate at Iganmu. Especially Zenith Bank. We even told Benardine Okeke (the then HR Head) about this. Her response to us was to jokingly say " FirstBank sees this as community service to the banking industry in Nigeria" Jesu! Say what?! You have just spent millions training us. Feeding us. Housing us. Bringing fitness trainers every Saturday, etc. Etc. And you are not bothered that other Banks are poaching your staff due to the little pay you offer? They couldn't be bothered. They were not bothered. At least while I was there.

We got to our branches and what we saw was tired, groggy, unhappy branch staff. Old people who should have retired, but were still kept in service. Now if the Branch staff were unhappy, the contract staff were just plain Sad,unmotivated and disappointed. They were used mainly in the bulk rooms to count cash and stuff. Full staff/Senior Staff that could sign in to Finacle were mainly in Customers Service, Cashiering/Front Office, Accounts and Marketing. Contract staff were mainly cash counters and receivers in the bulk room. Most came down with allergies in their noses and eyes due to particles and dust from note counters. But the bank couldnt be bothered. Nose masks were hardly available.They had to buy on their own. One particular "Mr. J " really had it bad. He kept visiting opticians etc. Until I informed him of the issue of Occupational Health and Diseases and drew a relationship between his never ending eye problem and the note counting machine. All thanks to my Discipline in the University. FirstBank was just because jobs were not there and we did not want to wait at home forever.

One week into the job the network issues were a mess. Firstbank should be ashamed of their network palaver. While no system is perfect, there's was built to be down. We couldn't post vouchers. We couldn't balance our cash accounts. Can anyone guess what the Manager did? She gave us queries!!!! Queries asking us to explain why disciplinary actions should not be taken against us! Hahahaha... "FBN Unpaid"! Anyway, I wrote a reply, I chronicled how the branch was messed up, with the electrical system causing sparks (fact!), the network being down, the branch not being conducive for banking business, as a matter of fact, the fact that the security men at the gate take bribes to let customers in after 4 o clock increasing our workload etc etc. They tossed my reply and jokingly told me that they did not see it. Hahahaha.

During movement of cash, other Banks pay risk allowances to staff. Some good. Money. Others also paid good Saturday banking allowances. FirstBank paid us only 2 thousand Nairaland each Saturday. For specimens movement, I did not even bother to claim the money. It involved filling forms to claim 2 thousand Nairaland after taking the risk of moving money in a Billion Van with anxious and worried armed police men and BEMIL Staff. What the branch management told me was that "is it the money we pay that will stop armed robbers bullets from killing you if the bullion van gets attacked "!? Hahahahaha... "FBN Unpaid"!

When I exclaim "FBN Unpaid" please don't mind me. FBN Unpaid is what we jokingly called ourselves in my branch because of the very low pay and tedious work. I don't want to say where the name if from. But FBN Staff know anyway.

Now the funny thing is, while we as staff were complaining about the conditions of service, THE CONTRACT STAFF WERE WORSE OFF! THEY WERE SUFFERING. SERIOUSLY.

Even if you want to take contract staff, then give them a structure. Allow for career progression. Ensure that the companies that supply the staff provide you with happy and contented staff. When customers come in, they don't differentiate whether it was a full staff or contract staff that was rude to them. No. To them, from the Gateman to the HBO and to the Manager is First Bank.

Banking leaves you no time to do any other thing. It takes your life. Your youth. Your relationships. I swore I was never going to marry a banker. There were trysts and secret romantic relationships and all that, between staff both married and single. Secret (sex in the bathroom/sex early in the morning /sex late in evening at the office) relationships. I swore I was never going to marry a banker. Never! A lot of the woman had issues in their marriages. THIS IS NOT LIMITED TO FIRST BANK ALONE.

Firstbank has one of the craftiest set of customers. Many of them can't read/write properly but they can hide paper in notes, hide fake notes, intentionally write 100 thousand while they are paying in only 10 thousand. Hahaha.. FBN Unpaid!

At times network issues took us to other branches to post our vouchers. We would be there till 11 pm posting. Because we had to wait for the Branches staff to finish with their work before we logged on to their computers to use. When we finished, the ladies would be going home on their own. We the guys were even lucky we lived together and so went home together. Band of Brothers. The ladies stayed in various areas. I would wonder how they wouldn't be attacked by one Randy lunatic or robbed. I swore I was never going to marry a banker. Never!

Well, OP, I don't support the fact that you took away money from them. I worked there too. My dream was to leave them for intercontinental and then Central Bank if I could. But never was I tempted. Never. You should have just looked for a way to leave.

you are really a living witness. poorest paying bank, despite their huge customer base, u see few cashiers in the cubicle, pressured customer service officers, note counters counting Millions day by day risking their health , too bad kudos to those suffering and smiling .
Re: Man Inhumanity 'case Study Of First Bank Nigeria ' by Jalamoh1: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2017
influenz:

sure, senior tongue
influenz:

sure, senior
Re: Man Inhumanity 'case Study Of First Bank Nigeria ' by udeze73(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
CBN has given directive across all commercial banks in Nigeria to convert any contract of 7years and above. First bank sack their contract staff by the 6th year. I wonder if cbn is aware of this atrocious act. While others bank convert, first bank discard. No hope

(1) (Reply)

Every Ipob And Massob Member Must Watch These Videos / Which Other 'oma' Do You Know / Buy Smartphones & Home Appliances And Pay Small Small

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.