Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,562 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:43 PM

My Internet Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Internet Friend (809 Views)

I Just Cant See Myself Living Without My Internet Girlfriend / My Internet Love Story ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Internet Friend by Babylove1(f): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
hello guys

i met this guy online and we got chatting both on yim and phone just like a normal friend , he asked me of recent to loan him some money.

i don't really know if i should give it to him or not

though we've never met in person
Re: My Internet Friend by Tcharged: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
Don't
Re: My Internet Friend by Babylove1(f): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
reasons pls
Re: My Internet Friend by kokonets(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2010
@Poster

What transpired for him to ask you for money?
Re: My Internet Friend by Babylove1(f): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ kokonets

he said he needs the money for an emergency and that he would return lt by the end of the month
Re: My Internet Friend by Tcharged: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
Most people are scammed by those who are close to them. Scammers are as patient as vultures and will wait to strike at the right time.
Except you have a way of being certain he needs money for a genuine reason and he has a means of paying back.
Do you have the time and means of cross checking this guy? If your answer is NO, then you should not loan him any money. People are so deceptive and so many online scammers abound.

Hey, its your money so go ahead and loan it out to whoever.
Re: My Internet Friend by badmouth(m): 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
Babylove1:

@ kokonets

he said he needs the money for an emergency and that he would return lt by the end of the month

Have u asked urself the million and one IF's - wat if he dosnt pay back wuld i be able to let go? wat if he inturn asks for more? once u start giving, i bet u wuldnt stop giving,
for the FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN please dont, na black man wan MAGA you so oh.
Re: My Internet Friend by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2010
@poster

How long have you folks been communicating? - this will determine if you can go ahead  undecided

You can never tell, but probability of refund is not guaranteed.

Better you give away the money if you really want to.

Do you think the reasons why he wants to loan funds from you are genuine?  lipsrsealed

Babylove1:

@ kokonets

Sounds fishy - smelling mumustallabu here grin
Re: My Internet Friend by kokonets(m): 4:52pm On Jan 21, 2010
Babylove1:

@ kokonets

Sounds fishy. . . he would probably vanish after u give him. My 2cents pls dont cool
Re: My Internet Friend by platinumnk(f): 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2010
badmouth:

Have u asked urself the million and one IF's - wat if he dosnt pay back wuld i be able to let go? wat if he inturn asks for more? once u start giving, i bet u wuldnt stop giving, for the FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN

Your answer is in bold.
And It seems you're not comfortable with it. Don't do ANYTHING MONEY wise you are not comfortable with.
Insticts are there for a reason. Better make sure u have enough to be ok if he doesnt pay back,

Honestly I would say no.
Re: My Internet Friend by Sparkles3: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
He might abscond with your money! Dont do it dear!
Online scammers always come up a reason for an 'emergency'

On a second thought it depends on how long you have been communicating, Mininum of 3 years You might get your money back; less than 3 yrs, Just forget it!
Re: My Internet Friend by just1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
ask him for a collateral, no collateral no money
Re: My Internet Friend by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
Babylove1:

hello guys

i met this guy online and we got chatting both on yim and phone just like a normal friend , he asked me of recent to loan him some money.

i don't really know if i should give it to him or not

though we've never met in person
do not did you hear me, DO NOT DARE
Re: My Internet Friend by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2010
Alarm bells are ringing in my ear o!! Today it will be 500, tommorrow 1000, the next he will have your bank account details. Open your eyes girl.
Re: My Internet Friend by kokonets(m): 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ebonyeye. . . come cure my craze kiss
Re: My Internet Friend by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2010
What the heck is wrong with people these days Asking someone you've never met to lend you money! What happened to all the people in his life eh? undecided
Re: My Internet Friend by platinumnk(f): 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

What the heck is wrong with people these days Asking someone you've never met to lend you money! What happened to all the people in his life eh? undecided

Good point smiley [size=1pt]Its not nice to learn the lesson the hard way[/size]
Re: My Internet Friend by adosjun(m): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ kokonet pls don't disturb ebonyeye she is my dream woman. Ebony i beg u must to cure my craze.
Re: My Internet Friend by kokonets(m): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2010
adosjun:

@ kokonet pls don't disturb ebonyeye she is my dream woman. Ebony i beg u must to cure my craze.

Who b dis one angry come pack go front u 2 fake na my line u even dey use nonsense.
Re: My Internet Friend by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2010
He's a bloody scammer.

Don't say we didn't warn you.
Re: My Internet Friend by adagz01(m): 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2010
@all,y puting sand in some1 garry? MAGA GO PAY.
Re: My Internet Friend by unban190: 12:15am On Jan 22, 2010
!@Babylove1

please come and borrow me money

say like 1.5 million cefa's

collateral: my pam sandals
Re: My Internet Friend by badmouth(m): 10:32am On Jan 22, 2010
adagz 01:

@all,y puting sand in some1 garry? MAGA GO PAY.
Somehow true, we suppose allow the MAGA to fall MUGU, atleast make somebody chop.
Re: My Internet Friend by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 22, 2010
@poster
if you decide to pay (still trying to understand why you even thinking of doing it) then accept that this money is a gift, not a loan. . . . . . . .  and if he ever pays you back then that would just be a bonus.

let me give you an idea of what you should do. ask to meet him IN PERSON (in a public place or bring a male friend) and tell him to explain what is the emergency. if he has a fancy phone etc then take it from him as collateral(if not then go to his house and pick whatever you think is worth anything). if he refuses then you will understand that there is no emergency, unless the phone or whatever you found in his place is more important than "the emergency"!

i heard that the new way to scam people these days is thru these dating/single website as there are so many desperate women on there that would do about anything the scammers asked just to get a chance at meeting "the right guy"

women in their 30s are the more vulnerable as they are thinking with their body clock in mind rather than their bloody brains.
to each their own
Re: My Internet Friend by chidipupay(m): 11:52am On Jan 22, 2010
should maga pay or no pay is simply left for this maga to decide
Re: My Internet Friend by raybanny: 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2010
crips baby love hmmmmmmmmmmm i refuse to comment
Re: My Internet Friend by afrobaby(f): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2010
I will advise u dont lend him unless if and only if u can assume u are giving him on charity and not lending him so dat when he doesnt pay u, u wont be troubled
But really why would a guy that uve not met demand for such things, I smell a foul play here
Re: My Internet Friend by naijaswag1: 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2010
If you have a lot of money,help the needy and don't expect the money back because you have just being yahooed!

(1) (Reply)

Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? / Can I Still Trust Nd Luv Her After All / I Need 2 Know Exactly!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.