Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) (1886 Views)

Kogi Commissioner That Allegedly Battered And R*ped Beauty Queen Is Called In Fo / How Much Does Your Local Government Earn? / Do You Know Who Your Local Government Chairman Is? (2) (3) (4)

What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by iluvdonjazzy: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2017

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by subtlemee(f): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nten! tongue

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Sunofgod(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Maggots

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by NCP: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2017

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by StarBukola(f): 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
Idin.... Yuck!
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by emooo(m): 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ogongo in yoruba

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by shullamite: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
In Urhobo it is called odor.

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by shullamite: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
It is called odor in urhobo and it is very delicious and very expensive in warri now o.
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Nten: 11:20am On Jun 14, 2017
subtlemee:
Nten! tongue
ehn! watssup?
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by raker300: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2017
Ekpiri in igbo

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by subtlemee(f): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nten:

ehn!
watssup?

So you are that thing in the picture cos that's what it's called in my place..Akwa Ibom State
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Nten: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
subtlemee:

So you are that thing in the picture cos that's what it's called in my place..Akwa Ibom State
No ooo! mine means "Time" in my place ...Cross River
*language differences*
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by udumosam23(m): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ndunbele. Yakurr.
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by yongg: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nten:

No ooo! mine means "Time" in my place ...Cross River
*language differences*

Uhm, I thought "Ini" meant time..

In efik one can use 'Ini' e.g. (the nollywood actress' name Ini Edo literally mean "That Time"wink

Sometimes you can say 'Usen' mean day or generally 'periods' or 'seasons'

About that stuff in the picture I can remember, but I think it is termite (could be wrong though)
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Bridget95(f): 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
iriri in Yoruba.
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by ezeagu(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
akpa nkwu - Igbo

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Nten: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
yongg:

In efik one can use 'Ini' e.g. (the nollywood actress' name Ini Edo literally mean "That Time"wink

About that stuff in the picture I can remember, but I think it is termite (could be wrong though)

ok. I am not efik precisely ...from northern C.River. so u see the matter. lolz

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
Amharegn/Amharic, Ethiopia

In Latin alphabet - tle ech

Or in Geez(our alphabet) - the below picture.

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
subtlemee:
Nten! tongue

Uyai aba die?
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by subtlemee(f): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

Uyai aba die?

Idioko,idem mfo o
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by subtlemee(f): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2017
yongg:

Termite is ndube

Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by yongg: 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
subtlemee:

Termite is ndube

Okay, thanks
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by yongg: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nten:

ok. I am not efik precisely ...from northern C.River. so u see the matter. lolz

That means you are one of the 18

What do they say is the spice of life again?
ref:idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Variety+is+the+spice+of+life

Nice to meet you Nten
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Nten: 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
yongg:

That means you are one of the 18
What do they say is the spice of life again? ref:idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Variety+is+the+spice+of+life
Nice to meet you Nten
you are welcome. The 18 what?
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
subtlemee:

Idioko,idem mfo o

Ekom anyene Akwa Abasi ibom.
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by yongg: 6:12am On Jun 15, 2017
Nten:

you are welcome.
The 18 what?

LGAs duh, lolz
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Nten: 8:16am On Jun 15, 2017
yongg:

LGAs duh, lolz
you inclusive too I guess... thumbs up
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Nten: 8:16am On Jun 15, 2017
yongg:

LGAs duh, lolz
you inclusive too I guess... thumbs up
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by conductor2: 8:29am On Jun 15, 2017
Egu.. In Igbo.
Re: What Is This Called In Your Local Language (photo) by Prinztong(m): 8:30am On Jun 15, 2017
It's Called NTEN EBAT UKOT in Essien Udim or Annang Speaking Nation of Akwa Ibom State.

Nigeria Declares UN Security Council Obsolete, Undemocratic / Buhari Orders Release Of Prisoners In Unnecessary Detentions Nationawide / Why I Will Serve For Only One Term - Buhari