Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! (726 Views)

Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta / Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun / Shiites Speak On El-zakzaky Reported Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by BBBlaze: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
#Nigeria

BIAFRA IS ACHIEVABLE. BUT NOT BY CONSTANTLY INSULTING ME...

By Samuel Ajayi

Let me make something very clear: I totally condemn the stupid ultimatum given to Igbos in the North. It was ill-advised and ran against any test of commonsense.

Having said this, let me take on my Igbo brothers and sisters for the very first time over the issue of Biafra. I receive messages everyday of people spreading the message of Biafra agitation but inside that same message, THEY WILL BE INSULTING ME! I have chosen to ignore this for months because they make no sense to me. I don't even give them a thought.

Self-determination struggle is a LEGITIMATE struggle anywhere in the world. It is normal for a people who believe they share a common destiny, language and culture and above all, who PERCEIVE injustice within a union to wanting to go their own way. The human history is filled with these struggles.

However, this must not be done by demonising, cursing and insulting others. And this is where many Igbos are missing it in this Biafran struggle. I admit there are equally people of ethnic groups who stupidly insult Igbos for wanting to opt out of the Nigerian federation. That, to me, is arrant nonsense. But my message this morning is for Igbos.

I did a post recently about how we spend fortunes on social functions. Not a few Igbo guys nearly changed that post to ethnic battle claiming it was a Yoruba thing and that Yorubas 'infested' Igbos with that trait and more reason Biafra would liberate such 'infested' Igbos. Can you imagine such reasoning?

In Ado-Ekiti, my state capital, the biggest building material stores are owned by Igbos. From iron rods to roofing sheets, from plumbing materials to electrical fittings, the Igbos' investments in Ekiti are in billions. The owners of these businesses also have properties from which they operate. You can imagine the size of their investments. They are major components the state business survival. However, it is NOT their Igbo brothers and sisters that patronise them. IT IS THE LOCAL PEOPLE OF EKITI THAT DO THAT. THE BUSINESSES GREW VIA PATRONAGE FROM THEIR HOSTS!

It is strange that a man just bought goods worth N300,000 from you and the next thing you open discussion about Biafran struggle and within a minute, you start insulting all Yorubas. It is NOT done. And this is the context of my message this morning.

Biafra can be achieved. But NEVER via this blackmail, insults and abuses on other people.

Let me make one thing clear: I know many Igbos who will get angry insult me over this post. Their level of emotional attachment to the struggle is such that any voice of caution is met with vitriol. They even do it to fellow Igbos. But let me also make one thing clear: I am ready to lose few friends too.

What's your take on this?

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by bewla(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
*_Timely Warning To Nigerians!_*

*"OMAR BANGURA from Sierra Leone has this to tell Nigerians;"*

"I don't think you guys know what you are playing with. You can call each other names and laugh about it now but when you end up inciting hate here as I read through your posts here and a real civil war starts in your country you will regret what you are doing now. Your religious and political leaders are trying to divide you between religious lines and you are helping them do that rather than standing up and say we are all Nigerians never mind our tribe, region or religion. That's the only stand that will save your blessed nation. The foreign powers pushing the government to take certain decisions will abandon you when you start killing one another and reject you from running to their countries so be careful.
Our 11years civil war in Sierra Leone was not even based on religious or tribal difference and see what we did to our country.
The worst conflicts are those based on tribal and religious differences. See Central Africa, Bosnia, South Sudan and Rwanda. To have a better knowledge of this, please watch the documentary/movie called _"Hotel Rwanda"_ or _"Sometime in April"._
My heart bleeds when I read what you guys are saying because I know what this will lead to. _*You will be the losers all of you whether Christian, Muslim, igbo, yoruba or hausa.*_ Stand as one and save your nation together because you have only one Nigeria that has the potential to lead Africa."

_PLEASE HELP SAVE NIGERIA AND SHARE THIS WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE._

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by EzeUche(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
Seems like every Yoruba has an opinion on Biafra.

I wished they focused on their region and stop giving us advice that has not been solicited.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by PenisCaP: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
We ar watching.
Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by jakandeola(m): 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
EzeUche:

I wished they focused on their region and stop giving us advice that has not been solicited.
pls did u knw any baby factry or wia I can get cocaine

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by YorubaMod(m): 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
EzeUche:

Don't mind them, they no longer take care of their family, all the do is to monitor all Biafra movement and to give useless advice that no one ask for..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by conductor5: 12:00am On Jun 12, 2017
jakandeola:
pls did u knw any baby factry or wia I can get cocaine
I heard hydraulic soup blocks the brain. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by EasternWind: 12:02am On Jun 12, 2017
My take on it is this- Yorubas should keep away from things concerning Biafra and Igbo nation. Thousands of thread are opened here daily by ur kinsmen to make mockery of the struggle for Biafra and Igbo nation. It's only on social medias that I came to understand that Yorubas are professionals in Biafra/Igbo's affairs with their annoying, abusive and contemptuous epistles of FOOLERIES they called wisdom with which they teach and direct us.

Pls tell ur kinsmen to invest such wisdom of theirs in Yoruba land and make it outstanding. We'll humbly approach u to learn how u did it if we deem it fit to tap ur wisdom and knowledge.

I'm sure that Yorubas aren't the ones that guided Biafrans to bounce back after the civil war and over took all Nigerians in virtually all sphere of life.

Yorubas should learn to mind their business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by Adiola(f): 3:08am On Jun 12, 2017
Yoruba and their useless opinion rubbish at its peak

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by jakandeola(m): 8:31am On Jun 12, 2017
conductor5:

I heard hydraulic soup blocks the brain. cheesy
abeg get out
Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by jakandeola(m): 8:33am On Jun 12, 2017
Adiola:
Yoruba and their useless opinion rubbish at its peak
pls did u knw wia to get a baby factry
Re: Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! by Zikaviirus: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2017
BBBlaze:
[s]#Nigeria

BIAFRA IS ACHIEVABLE. BUT NOT BY CONSTANTLY INSULTING ME...

By Samuel Ajayi

Let me make something very clear: I totally condemn the stupid ultimatum given to Igbos in the North. It was ill-advised and ran against any test of commonsense.

Having said this, let me take on my Igbo brothers and sisters for the very first time over the issue of Biafra. I receive messages everyday of people spreading the message of Biafra agitation but inside that same message, THEY WILL BE INSULTING ME! I have chosen to ignore this for months because they make no sense to me. I don't even give them a thought.

Self-determination struggle is a LEGITIMATE struggle anywhere in the world. It is normal for a people who believe they share a common destiny, language and culture and above all, who PERCEIVE injustice within a union to wanting to go their own way. The human history is filled with these struggles.

However, this must not be done by demonising, cursing and insulting others. And this is where many Igbos are missing it in this Biafran struggle. I admit there are equally people of ethnic groups who stupidly insult Igbos for wanting to opt out of the Nigerian federation. That, to me, is arrant nonsense. But my message this morning is for Igbos.

I did a post recently about how we spend fortunes on social functions. Not a few Igbo guys nearly changed that post to ethnic battle claiming it was a Yoruba thing and that Yorubas 'infested' Igbos with that trait and more reason Biafra would liberate such 'infested' Igbos. Can you imagine such reasoning?

In Ado-Ekiti, my state capital, the biggest building material stores are owned by Igbos. From iron rods to roofing sheets, from plumbing materials to electrical fittings, the Igbos' investments in Ekiti are in billions. The owners of these businesses also have properties from which they operate. You can imagine the size of their investments. They are major components the state business survival. However, it is NOT their Igbo brothers and sisters that patronise them. IT IS THE LOCAL PEOPLE OF EKITI THAT DO THAT. THE BUSINESSES GREW VIA PATRONAGE FROM THEIR HOSTS!

It is strange that a man just bought goods worth N300,000 from you and the next thing you open discussion about Biafran struggle and within a minute, you start insulting all Yorubas. It is NOT done. And this is the context of my message this morning.

Biafra can be achieved. But NEVER via this blackmail, insults and abuses on other people.

Let me make one thing clear: I know many Igbos who will get angry insult me over this post. Their level of emotional attachment to the struggle is such that any voice of caution is met with vitriol. They even do it to fellow Igbos. But let me also make one thing clear: I am ready to lose few friends too.

What's your take on this?[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Guber Aspirants Suspend Ambition, Back Fayose’s Bid For Reelection / Biafra Referendum: What Is It? / See How 720 Special Assistants To Gov. Shettima Received Him At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.