Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,022 members, 7,863,687 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko (45812 Views)

How DSS Held Oshiomhole Hostage For 8 Hours, 6 Governors Implicated / Fight Over Consensus Candidate Delays PDP Convention For 8 Hours and Counting / Nigerians Raise Over $17600 In A Day For Slain Hero Cop, Chukwudi Iboko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by onatisi(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2017
BoboYekini:
Explosives? Haba.
But I agree he made the right decision to make a run for it. These robbers move with enough ammo for a small army.
Pains me that the policemen couldn't even tag any of the robbers when they offloaded on the car initially. Nothing like jazz - so were their rifles wrongly calibrated or what? Even the robber-driver came down sauntering while bullets were flying by his side. Unbelievable.
the remaining 4 robbers would have rained bullets on that police post
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Ijaya123: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

But what makes him leave the post where he had enough cover for himself and adequate advantage to kill those thieves is what I still don't get.

His two other colleague were shot at inside the post. One died two months later and the other lost one of his eyes.

Guess he bolted out due to fear of being caught inside.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Elbowroom: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
Brainless Ipob Biafura people Wont come and shout Biafura now

Bunch of retarded pikins

See the unity now

Brave man
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by iukpe: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
What has been done for these officers before now? Dead or alive?
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by BluStreak(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
azimibraun:
What a cheering news. But I wish to ask a question; up until yesterday night. 11pm precisely there is still an argument going on about the true state of the police officer. Some say he is alive but lost an eye other say he is dead and gone. I am very confused about it. A picture of him was posted on hospital bed but no picture of his burial. What is truly going on? I want the official statement of the police made public. Some people want to contribute but they are not sure. That is according to what I have been seeing especially on NL.

The man dies from gun shot wounds a day after the incident according to the wife's accounts but the police said he died 2 months after the incident which means he died in April. Note also that there were 3 police men involved in the mayhem, 2 are alive and laying critical in hospital bed one of whom his picture was shown on his hospital bed.

Thank you Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Ijaya123: 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
azimibraun:
What a cheering news. But I wish to ask a question; up until yesterday night. 11pm precisely there is still an argument going on about the true state of the police officer. Some say he is alive but lost an eye other say he is dead and gone. I am very confused about it. A picture of him was posted on hospital bed but no picture of his burial. What is truly going on? I want the official statement of the police made public. Some people want to contribute but they are not sure. That is according to what I have been seeing especially on NL.

Let me help you out here.

There were three of them in the security post. The guy that ran out died the following day and was buried in March 17, according to the wife.

The remaining two sustained various degree of wounds from the gun shots. One died two months later and the third is still alive but he lost one of his eyes.

That's the one you saw his pix on hospital bed.

Hope you get it now.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by zicoraads: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
Please how do I donate? I have been looking for something like this since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by whodeyhere: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

But what makes him leave the post where he had enough cover for himself and adequate advantage to kill those thieves is what I still don't get.

My thought too but someone opined that he may not have enough bullets and fear he may be caught inside the gate house once he run out of bullet.

Also i think he was outnumbered, wouldn't have blamed him if he had just stayed put.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Pringlez: 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
WorldRichest:
Zenith Bank just missed an opportunity to write its name in gold. Every Nigerian knows that the new or middle generation banks are all fraudsters, but God gave Zenith Bank an opportunity to rewrite its Mission and Vision, but she the bank is fraudulent like its counterparts, it has missed this golden opportunity.

Imagine if Zenith Bank builds a 3-bedroom bungalow for the widow and the orphans, this will cost less than 5 million naira in a sleek town near Owerri. Then give the widow one million naira to start business and guide the widow through the process of starting and running a successful business. Then the bank can come to the Media and say " Police officer dies while protecting customers' money in Zenith Bank , widows and orphans gets a 3-bedroom bungalow and one million naira. Wouldn't you rather die for us ?"

But no, the bank will not do that, it prefer to give money to a yeyebrity and call him/her Zenth Bank Ambassador. IIIDDIOTS.

Also, can we all deduce that those that donated money to the campaign are Yorubas, Ibos, Hausas, Fulanis, Urhobos, Ijaws , Muslims, Christians, Pegans, e.t.c. The guy that even started the campaign is not even from the ex-police man or widow's tribe. No one ever asked for the religion of the widow or asked if the widow is Anambra Ibo or Imo Ibo, or Osu or freeborn. What this means is that we are all humans before being tribal or religious. It implies that you and I that have been fighting religious and tribal wars behind the keyboard needs our brains examined. Can we all see what we can achieve if and when we come together and see our differences as strength and not weakness? There is so much power in UNITY.

You are really rich in wisdom and knowledge. Keep it up!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Kennydoc(m): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2017
martooski:

maybe he ran out of bullets

Nope. He was still shooting even after running out.
He was shielded by the walls of that security post but ran outside fully exposed to bullets by the other 2 robbers with guns.
If he had stayed inside, he would have taken down that gun-less driver, and might have also been lucky enough to take down d one that sat behind the driver who eventually killed him when he ran out.
May he rest in peace.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by olureignforever: 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2017
fairfora:
I did a simple statistics of those who have donated sop far. It's amazing to see that Yorubas constituted up to 70 % of the donors, followed by the Niger-delta and the rest. Does it mean truly that the this is more compassionate in Nigeria? The family the money is going into is not even yoruba. Does it mean the Igbos are nonchalant? I wonder how they would run their country if eventually they get one.

Chai, una NCAN and pollution. Carry your NCAN comot joooor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by wantagon1: 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
Waoo its now more than N5M in less than 24hrs

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Raemonez: 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
where is the acct number?
Jiang:
wonderful, so all Nigerian tribes can come together like this.

Nigerian citizens are greater than the USELESS Fedral Government

They are greater than USELESS police force who ignore our fallen heroes

They are greater than USELESS zenith Bank

God bless Nigerians
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by cybriz82(m): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

Guess na em first tym b dat face to face with robbers.dude didnt evn protect himself with d gun b4 running to d corner he shud av atlis point d gun toward d car b4 coming out,how can u point ur gun to d floor n using ur back as a cover haba!
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by mauriceju2(m): 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
please follow the link and donate https://www.gofundme.com/honour-sergeant-chukwudi-iboko
zicoraads:
Please how do I donate? I have been looking for something like this since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by emmaitive(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2017
may God reward every one dt contributed oo
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by cybriz82(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2017
onatisi:
he did the best thing.he fired first and his shots shattered the car windscreen. The robber he shot was going to finish him off in the police post because they thought he was wounded. Once he got the robber down, if he had stayed longer in that post,the remaining robbers would have gone in and sprayed him. He used the surprise attack and took a 50/50 chance. That police post was too small,no hidding place.

Taaaai big lie they wudnt cus dey Already got wat dey came for.if those robbers wanted to kill.they cud av easily shot d security guy dat open d gate n d owner of d money.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by mekyno777(m): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
YelloweWest:
I think it's my bank.
ok, dear. Lyk ur kind heart.....God bless u and hv a nice day.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by mekyno777(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
YelloweWest:
I think it's my bank.
ok, dear. Lyk ur kind heart.....God bless u and hv a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Tinyemeka(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
Jiang:
wonderful, so all Nigerian tribes can come together like this.

Nigerian citizens are greater than the USELESS Fedral Government

They are greater than USELESS police force who ignore our fallen heroes

They are greater than USELESS zenith Bank

God bless Nigerians

People came around to raise a fund. You came on to raise insults. What does that make you?

Do you see how you've just judged yourself? And I'm 110% certain that you did not contribute a single dime. undecided

Be more positive next time.

Wow did I just rhyme? smiley

I'm still rhyming! smiley
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Vioncy(f): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
FREEDOM FIGHTER......ONE LOVE
I REP 9JA

my name remains

Voice

Of

Nigeria

VON
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
Tinyemeka:

People came around to raise a fund. You came on to raise insults. What does that make you?

Do you see how you've just judged yourself? And I'm 110% certain that you did not contribute a single dime. undecided

Be more positive next time.

Wow did I just rhyme? smiley

I'm still rhyming! smiley

Nah, its the Truth, why do you care about wether i participated or not, just do your part if you are able
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Vioncy(f): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
Efewestern:

God bless NIGERIA.

so let's maintain one Nigeria instead of someone coming to tell me

I REP

IPOB en go soon b ipod/ipad

Biafra lol
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
Raemonez:
where is the acct number?

https://www.gofundme.com/honour-sergeant-chukwudi-iboko

just click on Donate

This is opened by punch newspapers, not me
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by mauriceju2(m): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
you can see the true and real nature of Nigerian here, all the tribes are donating something here, there is no Ipob, Yoruba or Hausa here, Nigerian are good people but we have problem of leadership and management, Nigerian are one, religion and politician are the things that divide us, we need to unit like this against our politician
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by onatisi(m): 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
cybriz82:

Taaaai big lie they wudnt cus dey Already got wat dey came for.if those robbers wanted to kill.they cud av easily shot d security guy dat open d gate n d owner of d money.
Ok I hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by hectorswag(m): 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

He was outnumbered & he knew his bullets won't last long. Besides after killing one robber, he knew he had signed his death warrant & that the others would come for him if he remained there.

So his best thought @ the time was to flee
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by KevinDein: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2017
OMG
That's so touching. Sgt Iboko will probably be smiling up there now.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

Have you sir been in a firefight before?
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
mauriceju2:
you can see the true and real nature of Nigerian here, all the tribes are donating something here, there is no Ipob, Yoruba or Hausa here, Nigerian are good people but we have problem of leadership and management, Nigerian are one, religion and politician are the things that divide us, we need to unit like this against our politician

Honestly, we need to see beyond sentiments and bury this political and religious bigots, like fade them into oblivion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igboho Wept Like A Child, His Wife Was Crying Too - Lawyer / $50m Found In Ikoyi: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue's Lawyers Release Press Statement / 12 Governors In Nigeria Are Gay - Uche Maduagwu Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.