Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu (400 Views)

Oshiomhole Replies Saliu Lukman, "Says I Won’t Fight With A Pig" / Ndume: Workers Are Paid Peanuts, Senators Earn Luxury Wages / Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by higherpower: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2017
The Ondo State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, has reassured the workers in the state that their salary arrears will be paid in full by his administration.

He noted that civil servants in the state were being owed N38bn, while N41bn were being owed the pensioners as gratuities.

Akeredolu, who spoke on Sunday during the third session of the 11th Synod of Diocese of Akoko, Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) held at the Saint George’s Anglican Church, Okeagbe Akoko, said he would not collect his own salary until the wage arrears of workers were cleared.

Represented by the Government House Chaplain, Venerable Benjamin Babalola, the governor said the people of the state would not regret voting him as their governor.

He said, “By the special grace of God, our administration will soon offset the salaries owed the workers. The salary arrears owed workers by the previous administration amounted to N38.57bn, while N41.5bn was owed to retirees as gratuities.

“And to the workers, let me say it loud and clear once again that I am resolute in my commitment to make your welfare the priority of the administration.

“I am aware of your pains and agony. I feel your pains and what you are going through and I can see your suffering. But faith in God, I am re-affirming my promise that I will not collect a dime until civil servants are fully paid their salary arrears.”

Akeredolu, however, stressed the need to improve on the state’s Internally Generated Revenue to pave the way for meaningful development.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

punchng.com © 1971-2017 The Punch newspaper
Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by dodelight(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2017
Hmmm... He is starting his own scam already!
Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2017
Story for the Gods.
Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by FagsamPHP(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2017
Story story! This goatee Governor promised to pay the workers arrears immediately if elected. Last month he told them to waive their arrears as part of their own sacrifice to the state government... Now the idiot is coming out again to say he won't receive salary until they are paid.. Mr Goatee governor you can't fool everybody all the time, carry your mumu lie & go.
Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by fergie001: 7:58am On Jun 12, 2017
Aregbe do pass u sef.
If u like sleep on coal tar,people didn't say u shouldn't collect your salary.You have been singing this thing since u entered there this year,are u Davido?
My friend,get 2 work.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by ramdris(m): 8:00am On Jun 12, 2017
Hmnn!

Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 12, 2017
Correct guy

you are losing money by not MAKING MONEY.

Download MINI IMPORTATION GUIDE for free now.

Learn how you can import from Chine, USA for cheap and ship your goods to Nigeria easily and stres freee!

Check my signature.

Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by damola311: 8:04am On Jun 12, 2017
All these are bullshit, won't collect salary? How much is the salary compared to the bulky allocation?
Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by ghostntommy: 8:08am On Jun 12, 2017
but u will collect security votes amd other allowances. just salary. naija politicians are cunny sha
Re: I Won’t Collect Salary Until Workers’ Wage Arrears Are Paid – Akeredolu by ibkgab001: 8:10am On Jun 12, 2017
Satander Akeredolu

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ben Bruce Blast Nothern Youths With Some Common Sense [VIDEO] / The Subversive Biafran Agitation, Ethnic Responses And The Nigerian Government / President Reportedly Rejects Files Brought To Him In London, Warns Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.