Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Do you have any Question about Islam? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do you have any Question about Islam? (6343 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Things They Wont Tell You About Islam (infidel Christians, Atheists, Pagans Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 9ijaMan: 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2006
Idekeson:

Is Islam synonymous with Arabic? Can you be a good moslem less Arabic influence, eg language?

The message of Islam was brought through Arabic. You can be a Muslim without being able to speak arabic. Hpwever it is encouraged that one learns the language.
How would you be able to go to school without learning to speak Englis (for instance)? Learning arabic would facilitate your better understanding of the religion. A muslim would not say his Salat (prayer) in english or any other language but in Arabic.
Millions of muslims worldwide do observe their Salat (prayer) in Arabic and are not necessarily fluent in Arabic. There are various Islamic texts that have been translated to other languages.
Yes you can be a good muslim without being fluent in Arabic.

I hope this answers your question.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by charlisco(m): 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2006
Please somebody should answer me, to enable me moved to my next questions

click this link to see my question and the respond that followed up

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3856.0.html#msg228956
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 9ijaMan: 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2006
charlisco:

Anyone who disbeliefs in Islam and speaks against it is considered to be waging war against Allah and his messenger

Is that quotation true?

if yes, what are my stand in it, since i do not belief in islam

Well Charlisco, your quotation is certainly not in the Qur'an. Go ahead and ask your next question.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by charlisco(m): 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2006
I am sorry, i think this is how i intend to asked my  question

5:33, The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

Meaning
[Anyone who disbeliefs in Islam and speaks against it is considered to be waging war against Allah and his messenger] >>>> is that True
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 9ijaMan: 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2006
charlisco:

I am sorry, i think this is how i intend to asked my question

5:33, The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

Meaning
[Anyone who disbeliefs in Islam and speaks against it is considered to be waging war against Allah and his messenger] >>>> is that True

Ma Broda,
Please confirm by yourself if there is any correlation between what you quoted and what u interpreted it to be. The verse says:
[center]"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter."[/center]

The punishment is meant for those who wage war (and cause mischief) and not those who disbelief and speak against Islam.

I'll advice you to read the entire chapter rather than attempting to bring out what you considere would suit your position. Islam takes a wholistic approach to issues and not in half measures. Read the entire chapter and perhaps you should source for the eplanation to the reason why the chapter was revealed.

If you choose to learn a bit further, please go to:
[center]www.islamasoft.co.uk/downloads[/center]
Download the Qur'an there and the other texts. Then you can get a bigger picture. I'm still waiting for your question though. I'll really like to know what you are up to.

Peace.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by Idekeson(m): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2006
Idekeson:

Is Islam synonymous with Arabic? Can you be a good moslem less Arabic influence, eg language?
I think that the tension prevalent in Africa (Nigeria, Dafur-Sudan etc) can be eliminated or lessened if the discrimination between Indigenous Africans and Africans of Arab descent is dealt with. There is a sense of misguided superiority among Africans of Arabic descent, that Islam has to address to advance the cause of Islam among indigenous Africans.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 9ijaMan: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2006
Idekeson:

I think that the tension prevalent in Africa (Nigeria, Dafur-Sudan etc) can be eliminated or lessened if the discrimination between Indigenous Africans and Africans of Arab descent is dealt with. There is a sense of misguided superiority among Africans of Arabic descent, that Islam has to address to advance the cause of Islam among indigenous Africans.

I can understand your case about Dafur, even though your conclusion is certainly not accurate.
Abeg let me know who the Arabian decendants are in Nigeria.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 9ijaMan: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2006
@ Idekeson,
Please note that there is a big difference between discrimination & ignorance, just as discrimination and political motives are worlds apart.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by charlisco(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2006
That take me to my next question?
Who are those people that are waging war against Allah, give an example of such people
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by nuru(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2006
Charlisco,

anyone who disbeleive in Islam will definitely speak against it. But it is a different matter if a disbeliever causes harm to the adherent of Islam of creates impediment that will make it difficult if not impossible to practise the religion. Such a person is the enemy of Allah and His Prophets. Also speaking against Islam has to be qualified before it can consitute waging war against Allah. This is because honest dialogue, questionings, explainations are all admissible without the use of foul languages, threats and condemnation either in prints or in words.

So please see if you can reconstruct your questions.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by charlisco(m): 10:16am On Mar 06, 2006
anyone who disbeleive in Islam will definitely speak against it.
that is exactly what i want to hear, before that my man is trying to dodge it systematically.

I have disbeleive in Islam, and people also have disbeleive in my religion (African Tradition Religion) but that do not make me to either crucify, execute or cut off their hand and feet from opposite side (koran 5:33) just because they have disbeleive in what i have faith on. and i still do not consider them waging war against my religion.

My next question is why did the koran give such punishment to those people?
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by nuru(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2006
which punishment are you referring to
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by Danasco(m): 10:52am On Mar 06, 2006
idekeson, i will employ you to please seek for proper knowledge about others, i.e religion, language and culture. i have read through most of your contributions in Nl. i have honestly and candidly come to conclusion that you have very little knowlege of the north. your perceptions are based on hear say and no technical observation about your subject. Pls find a place in your objective mind to do a research  work on North and islam.
we are not people who are prone to riot or crisis. we are not complete illitrates, we are not uncivilised and we are not guided by arabic influence. Please for further information, fill free to ask me. my mail address is: admajzee@yahoo.com.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by charlisco(m): 11:00am On Mar 06, 2006
@nuru
These are the punishments: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land (found in your holy book 'Koran' 5:33)
and why did the koran pronounce such punishment to those people (who have disbelieve in islam)
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 9ijaMan: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2006
charlisco:

that is exactly what i want to hear, before that my man is trying to dodge it systematically.

I have disbeleive in Islam, and people also have disbeleive in my religion (African Tradition Religion) but that do not make me to either crucify, execute or cut off their hand and feet from opposite side (koran 5:33) just because they have disbeleive in what i have faith on. and i still do not consider them waging war against my religion.

My next question is why did the koran give such punishment to those people?

Chalisco, no one is trying to dodge your question. Nuru has at least been able to explain to you in a form which you'll understand better. However, I'll advice you to read thru Nuru's reply agian and try not to read out of context. Below again is Nuru's post the answer to you last question is shown in bold letters.

nuru:

Charlisco,
anyone who disbeleive in Islam will definitely speak against it. But it is a different matter if a disbeliever causes harm to the adherent of Islam of creates impediment that will make it difficult if not impossible to practise the religion. Such a person is the enemy of Allah and His Prophets. Also speaking against Islam has to be qualified before it can consitute waging war against Allah. This is because honest dialogue, questionings, explainations are all admissible without the use of foul languages, threats and condemnation either in prints or in words.
So please see if you can reconstruct your questions.

If a muslim is physically assaulted, threatened or impeded from carrying out his duties in worshiping Allah and practicing his religion, he (the Muslim) is obliged to consider the person or persons as enemy(ies) of Allah and can act according to the directive of the verse.

As you can see, Islam is a pragmatic religion which allows you to resist all forms of cruel subjugation. Also Allah states in various parts of the Qur'an that even in the act of fighting the enemies muslims should not transgress.

So brother, I hope you get my point. If I seem to be dodging your question again, kindly let me know.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 9ijaMan: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2006
charlisco:

@nuru
These are the punishments: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land (found in your holy book 'Koran' 5:33)
and why did the koran pronounce such punishment to those people (who have disbelieve in islam)

Chalisco,
Why are you trying to harp on the punishment? Why not the cause? I don't think you should bother yourself with the levity of the "punishment" 'because I know you would be wise enough not to act as an impediment to muslims in their act of worship.
As Nuru has explained earlier, you will certainly not be subjected to such "punishment" unless you constitute yourself as a stumbling block for the muslims in our way of worship.
Just as you would not be sent to jail after convicted for commiting a crime, if you have not commited such crime.

Peace
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by rasque(m): 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2006
What is the stand of Islam on the invocation of Jinns and Palm Reading and related stuffs. I know some people claim to do it but is it true and what is the stand of Islam on this??
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by charlisco(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2006
@Nijaman and Rasque
i am back to this forum, I have always stand to say that islam is a religion to be feared,
i was chocked to read a news in bbc of a muslim man who get converted to christian and his muslim brother are planing to execute him.

Is that what allah taught you guys to do, if it is true can you post the passage from the koran  for me to believe

i am really supprise such thing still happened in this millienume age

source = http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4841334.stm
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by welborn(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2006
This is what I don't get in a religion.

Did Abdul Rahman commit sacrilege? Did he steal, murder, or commit treason?

What exactly was this man's high profile crime? He simply changed his religion - and that's just it? He should be killed just for that?

How then do I understand or reconcile this murderous intention to this propaganda that "Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance, kindness and integrity"? [Ansarullah Mawlafizada, the trial judge]. 'Tolerance'. . . and Islam just could not tolerate a man's free will to change his religion? 'Kindness'. . .and Islam just could not be kind to Abdul Rahman but seek his death? It is okay for other faiths to tolerate Islam, but it has always been high treason for Islam to tolerate other faiths. It is okay for people to change their religion to Islam, but it is high treason for someone to change from Islam to any other faith. Something is twisted here. angry angry

For those who still believe that Islam is tolerant and peaceful and . . .blah, blah - listen to this: "The Prophet Muhammad has said several times that those who convert from Islam should be killed if they refuse to come back." (again, says the trial judge).

If Islam is not a religion of calculated fear and intimidation, would someone please define those four bold words in the trial judge's assertions.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by charlisco(m): 11:37am On Mar 28, 2006
Nijaman where are u?
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by Horus(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2007
Let’s analyze this (casting of pebbles at the devil) situation. Here you have thousands of hot Muslims gathered around three stone pillars, desperately trying to get there twenty-one stones inside of the pits. If you really took the time to analyze this you would see that this ritual had to have been man-made, unless you think that your God, “Allah” would set you up to get hurt. Think about it, thousands of pilgrims are all gathered around these pits, throwing rocks. That means thousands of rocks, some large, are being thrown towards the front and all of the people in the front are getting knocked in the head. Is any body shouting a prayer for these people?
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by babs787(m): 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2007
@Horus

Let’s analyze this (casting of pebbles at the devil) situation. Here you have thousands of hot Muslims gathered around three stone pillars, desperately trying to get there twenty-one stones inside of the pits. If you really took the time to analyze this you would see that this ritual had to have been man-made, unless you think that your God, “Allah” would set you up to get hurt.

If it is man-made, who invented it?

Think about it, thousands of pilgrims are all gathered around these pits, throwing rocks. That means thousands of rocks, some large, are being thrown towards the front and all of the people in the front are getting knocked in the head. Is any body shouting a prayer for these people?

Getting knocked in the head shocked shocked

Funny dude
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by Horus(m): 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2007
If I question your God because he is God and there is no other God beside him, he should be able to withstand my simple mortal questions. I should not be a threat to your God, Dr. Rashad Khalifa should not have been a threat to the Sunni Muslim to the point where they had to stab him, that was a sign that they were weak. Blowing up the World Trade Center that you and everyone else goes to. Those type of symbols are a sign that you are weak. Blowing up planes and killing innocent tourists is a sign that your God has no power of his own, because if he has power, he takes care of it, not your hand on the knife, not your hand on a bomb.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by cgift(m): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2007
Horus might have a point there o. An all-powerful being needs not be defended. Hear Jesus when he was waylaid prior to his crucifixion:

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Jesus too much jo!
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by AINEE(m): 9:24am On Jan 15, 2008
if its an oral war, islam is opened for disscusions all over the world,
if u mean a real war where people kill each other.

What do you mean by oral war? was prophet mohammed talking of oral war when he made that statment? i.e if he actually did, lets not beat about the bush we know that mohammed fought so many wars and converted most people to islam by force was those wars oral wars?

why are women subjected to such stress and inequality.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by olabowale(m): 10:24am On Jan 15, 2008
@Horus:
If I question your God because he is God and there is no other God beside him, he should be able to withstand my simple mortal questions. I should not be a threat to your God, Dr. Rashad Khalifa should not have been a threat to the Sunni Muslim to the point where they had to stab him, that was a sign that they were weak. Blowing up the World Trade Center that you and everyone else goes to. Those type of symbols are a sign that you are weak. Blowing up planes and killing innocent tourists is a sign that your God has no power of his own, because if he has power, he takes care of it, not your hand on the knife, not your hand on a bomb.
While you are at it, you forgot to mention the Pentagon with the destruction that was so ferocious that the whole Plane evaporates without a trace of any of its parts. You forgot that there was no thorough investigation of the world trade centre wreckage. America is a society where things are done with meticulous and painstaking investgation! The Oklahoma city bombing investigation was a good example.

What happened to the world trade centre and pentagon cases? Why were the steel carted off to China steel mills? Almost without any investigation? Every evil is one too many!
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by olabowale(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2008
@Cgift: {quote]Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Jesus too much jo![quote][/quote] Yeah! Too much to have been praying for reprieve and being saved from the calamity at the Garden of Geshemine! Too much, that we read that there was a cry of 'My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me?' Why ask why, when you are already ready for the 'Scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?' Can you make any sense of the double talk or the instability of faith here? The death did not happen and therefore there was no scripture to be fulfilled. If any is it is simply to confuse your illfated heart that has no good faith about truth guidance in it.

Bawo ni, Cgift. Ore sha ni wa, abi, omo yaa!
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by seeklove: 12:58am On Jan 16, 2008
Quote from Kismat
"And (remember) when We made the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) a place of resort for mankind and a place of safety. And take you (people) the Maqâm (place) of Ibrâhim (Abraham) [or the stone on which
Ibrâhim (Abraham) >> stood while he was building the Ka'bah] as a place of prayer, and We commanded Ibrâhim (Abraham) and Ismâ'il (Ishmael) that they should purify My House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) for those who are circumambulating it, or staying (I'tikâf), or bowing or prostrating themselves (there, in prayer)."
"And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) said, "My Lord, make this city (Makkah) a place of security and provide its people with fruits, such of them as believe in Allâh and the Last Day." He (Allâh) answered: "As for him who disbelieves, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the torment of the Fire, and worst indeed is that destination!"

"And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) and (his son) Ismâ'il (Ishmael) were raising the foundations of the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), (saying), "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower."

@ Moslems
My first question is this:
So moslems believe that Abraham the father of the Jews lived in Meca (Middle east) How come the moslems persecute Jews and claim that the land of Isreal(Middle east) does not belong to the Jews?

My second question:
In this tread you claim that the Koran doesnt support lust and fonication and adultry, but I was under the impression that the Koran says it's okay for a man to have sex with his slaves. Mind you the slaves are not married to them. Is this not fornication and adultry.

My third question:
I heared that the Koran teaches that when a good moselem dies he will have ten virgins in heaven to have sex with. Sex in heaven??
How can one have sex in heaven? Do poeple go to heaven with thier physical bodies? To cathegorize sex as a heavenly practise to me is the height of lustfulness.

Please answer without pregudice. Thanks in advance.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by dafidixone(m): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2008
What is the name and religion of Muhammad Father? What does Mohammed Father name mean in Arab? undecided
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by salinco(m): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2008
Jazakhullah Khairan dear brothers and sisters that contributed to this thread, it is quite wonderful responses and may Allah accept it as source of salvation in the hereafter.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by holythug(m): 8:25am On Feb 02, 2008
salam alaikum
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by holythug(m): 8:36am On Feb 02, 2008
is it 'haram' to work in a bank where interest is practised

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Was The First Muslim / How To Get Ready For Ramadan / UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.