Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Do you have any Question about Islam? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do you have any Question about Islam? (6502 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Things They Wont Tell You About Islam (infidel Christians, Atheists, Pagans Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by olabowale(m): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2008
And at that time, there was no Jews/Children of israel alive, at the time that Ibrahim arrived in Palestine! Was ibrahim, from the children of Israel? This is a 60K Dollars for you and you should answer it. No wonder yiu did not get my drift, when i was just telling you that Ismail was born in Jerusalem, before he and his mother was taken to Makka. Definitely, he drank the water of Jerusalem/Palestine at least, 13 years before his little brother Isiaq!
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 4Him(m): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2008
olabowale:

And at that time, there was no Jews/Children of israel alive, at the time that Ibrahim arrived in Palestine! Was ibrahim, from the children of Israel? This is a 60K Dollars for you and you should answer it. No wonder yiu did not get my drift, when i was just telling you that Ismail was born in Jerusalem, before he and his mother was taken to Makka. Definitely, he drank the water of Jerusalem/Palestine at least, 13 years before his little brother Isiaq!

what a load of twaddle! grin Was Ishmeal born in Jerusalem? cheesy cheesy Ishmeal was born in Mamre . . . archeological evidence indicates this was somwhere in Hebron.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by olabowale(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2008
Hebron, Jerusalem, all in Palestine, duh! We are talking about Palestine, hello.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 4Him(m): 4:51pm On Feb 03, 2008
olabowale:

Hebron, Jerusalem, all in Palestine, duh! We are talking about Palestine, hello.

Duh Hebron is not the same as Jerusalem . . . they are 2 distinct places. One contains the temple mount and is currently a bone of contention between the jews and muslims, the other is just one more place in Isreal (not palestine!).

Just funny that arabs and muslims are hugging the name "palestine" . . . a roman invention just to avoid calling the land by its true name . . . the land of Isreal.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by Logical(m): 6:43pm On Feb 03, 2008
@4him
I don't even know where to begin on re-education on the history regarding this matter. Its apparent that you really don't know what you are talking about. So far I have seen nothing but assumptions and deviation from facts. Just sentiments, If you are ready to argue based on facts, I would be more than happy to discuss, Until then I hereby rest my case.

This are the statements you made, and I raise it because of other readers, for them to understand your views and personal sentiments and assumptions.

4Him:

You say Isreal refuses to abide by international law to return to pre-1967 borders . . . i ask again why was Isreal attacked in 1948, 1953 and 1967 when she was not in control of those borders? WestBank was captured from Jordan and Gaza from Egypt . . . why are "palestinians" now crying for those lands?
Not recognizing the UN, international law and using irrelevant questions to argue without taking facts into consideration.

4Him:

There is no occupation . . . it is simply a catch phrase used as a ruse to achieve a sinister islamic goal . . . the destruction of Isreal.
Living in illusion or rather making an assumption without tangible facts, but sentiments yet again. Or perhaps you just visited Earth, I am confused here.

4Him:

you talk of disenfranchising the "palestinian people" and i ask - who are they? Where was the palestinian arab state prior to 1948? You can't disenfranchise a people who never existed. prior to 1948 the term "palestinian" refered to Jews living in that area. Try and logically read history before regurgitating arab propaganda.
Not recognizing millions of Palestinians victims, I guess you might as well declare them as collateral damage. Do you have a conscience? Please don't say this aloud in public.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by 4Him(m): 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2008
Logical you have absolutely said nought but parrot the same arab propaganda we have been hearing for decades. I discuss with facts, all you do is talk on and on about nothing. Blowing hot air while pretending to know what u are saying no longer cuts it.

Logical:

@4him
I don't even know where to begin on re-education on the history regarding this matter. Its apparent that you really don't know what you are talking about. So far I have seen nothing but assumptions and deviation from facts. Just sentiments, If you are ready to argue based on facts, I would be more than happy to discuss, Until then I hereby rest my case.

you had no case to begin with.

Logical:

This are the statements you made, and I raise it because of other readers, for them to understand your views and personal sentiments and assumptions.
Not recognizing the UN, international law and using irrelevant questions to argue without taking facts into consideration.

what UN and international laws? The same old twaddle the arabs have been using as a smokescreen against Isreal? Do those UN laws include the demand that the arabs recognise Isreal's right to exist? Have they complied with it?

Logical:

Living in illusion or rather making an assumption without tangible facts, but sentiments yet again. Or perhaps you just visited Earth, I am confused here.

you're the one living in a bubble. I raised specific facts, all you did was mumble as usual.

Logical:

Not recognizing millions of Palestinians victims, I guess you might as well declare them as collateral damage. Do you have a conscience? Please don't say this aloud in public.

Give me a break pls! Isreal does not recognise millions of palestinians and YET they supply Gaza with over 70% of its power, they supply them with water, provide gas? How else do u recognise someone? By letting him kill you?

On the flip side the same palestinians demanding electricity do NOT recognise Isreal as a nation.

I am sick of hypocrites pls.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by Logical(m): 7:39pm On Feb 03, 2008
hmm now its personal I see smiley
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by olabowale(m): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2008
@4Him:
Logical you have absolutely said nought but parrot the same arab propaganda we have been hearing for decades. I discuss with facts, all you do is talk on and on about nothing. Blowing hot air while pretending to know what u are saying no longer cuts it.
'we,' in the same iclusive pronoun. Are you part of this 'we,' Dave? Se bi ano ni won bie!

you had no case to begin with.
And you have a case? Afterall, the Children of Israel do not recognise you.

what UN and international laws? The same old twaddle the arabs have been using as a smokescreen against Isreal? Do those UN laws include the demand that the arabs recognise Isreal's right to exist? Have they complied with it?
Tell me, as there been any proposed UN sanction against Israel, which have been blocked, again and again, thanks to those with 'Veto Powers?'

[quote]you're the one living in a bubble. I raised specific facts, all you did was mumble as usual.
By the way, finally, if only a lip service; President Bush have the intention of having his legacy include the establishment of Palestinian state. I guess that will get your stomach churning.

Give me a break please! Isreal does not recognise millions of palestinians and YET they supply Gaza with over 70% of its power, they supply them with water, provide gas? How else do u recognise someone? By letting him kill you?
And they get paid for it. Have you heard the expression in New York City, and I really don't know about Upstate : ' In God we trust, the rest is cash or it does not matter to me what the color is, as long as it is green?

On the flip side the same palestinians demanding electricity do NOT recognise Isreal as a nation.
I am sick of hypocrites please.
If it was not the money grabbing intents/urges, the Zionist will not have done all that they are getting paid for. And if wen they allow competitions, in the palestinian nations, if America England will stop their overlordness, then watch, how quickly the water and electricity will be provided to Palestine (See my usage of the word "Palestine"wink

Go to your blog and put it down, that I said it today. Immediately, you will see the latest technologies to Palestine. InshaAllah.

[/quote]
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by holythug(m): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2008
tnks olabowale bt m not interested in meetin u, d last Nlander led to an embarassement, she misunderstood me, so i wnt like dat to happen again plz
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by Horus(m): 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2008
The K'oran; Chapter 36:40:: Yusufali Translation - “It is not permissible to the sun to catch up the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day: each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to law).”

All you have to do is look up in the sky and you can see that it is possible for the moon and the sun to be in the sky at the same time. It happens as a normal day experience and when you see a solar eclipse the sun and moon are seen at the same time. They have caught up to each other. The explanation of a solar eclipse renders K'oran 36:40 totally obsolete.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by blackboi(m): 11:16am On Mar 18, 2012
Is terrorism in Islam? If not why is killing of non-Muslim (aka infidels) & other harmless/innocent human synonymous with the Muslim Umar?

Our streets/road side/pedestrians overhead bridge/ market place etc. all Muslim beggers infested!

Now the question: is begging in Islam?
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by abrajproperties: 7:17am On Oct 22, 2012
blackboi: Is terrorism in Islam? If not why is killing of non-Muslim (aka infidels) & other harmless/innocent human synonymous with the Muslim Umar?

Our streets/road side/pedestrians overhead bridge/ market place etc. all Muslim beggers infested!

Now the question: is begging in Islam?
terrorist are in every religion! We have terrorist in christians also so answer this question is terrorism in christianity?
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by blackboi(m): 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
abrajproperties: terrorist are in every religion! We have terrorist in christians islam also so answer this question is terrorism in christianity?
NO!
Now, answer my question (otondo); is begging in Islam?? grin
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
kismat:

Islam doesnt allow a believing woman to marry a non-believing man but a believing man can marry a christian or a jew (people of the book). I don't know how religious the girl is and i think you'll find yourself in a difficult situation of converting but not knowing why. Is it because of the girl or you trully respect her religion and willing to share he beliefs and totally understand the oneness of God?

As for the friendship and seeking a long term buddy before settling down.you know whenever a female and male seat together, the third person is always the devil/satan. So you'll end up doing two things, either tempted to do something, or pick up on something small which might lead you to call off the whole thing. Marriage is about a contract bidding two people to help each other out and go through the pains/pleasure of life together. if you are sure you want to get married and know that whoever you're interested in has the qualities you're looking for, i would suggest you put your trust in God and go ahead. But as i said, if you're non-believing man interested in a muslim girl, you have a huge task ahead of you.
muslim can marry an unbeliever so that islam can spread well...
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
abrajproperties: terrorist are in every religion! We have terrorist in christians also so answer this question is terrorism in christianity?
the ones history told you or the ones you are hearing in middle east and some african countries,the 9/11 and ones we are experiencing in Nigeria now. Face the reality.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
olabowale: @Dafidixone: The Salvation in Jesus Christ (as), ended prior to the very first revelation (the 5 verse of Surah Alaq), to Muhammad! So today, the Salvation in Jesus, falls under the salvation in Muhammad (both of them slaves and messengers of God Allah the Almighty)). Hence the salvation in Jesus is ZERO! Those who believe in him and reject Muhammad as the current prophet/messenger are indeed in error.
did muhammed ever told you he's going to heaven or promise you salvation
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
4Him:

If it were personal why would virtually all arab nations be on the side of the phoney palestinians? Why are muslims in nigeria also on their side? Would it perchance be related to the common denominator here - islam?

Is the fight over Jerusalem "personal" or a matter of islamic doctrine?

Sir i suggest you do a bit of "logical" study on matters you contribute to.

every muslim in the world supports palestinian course and Hamas!!!
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 6:55am On Dec 11, 2012
nuru: If your friends indulge in extra-marital sex, it is a great sin because God said in the quran ' Do not move near adultery/fornication'. One of the obligatory acts for any muslim that engages in sex, whether with a lawful partner or not is to observe a ritual bath after the act, otherwise such a person will not be entitled to observe salats i.e. canonical worships peculiar to Islam. He/she is also not entitled to enter any mosque nor touch the Holy Quran among others.

The bath is not called Alwaala, it is called Ghuslu Jannobat'(The bath after Intercourse ).

The bath is not for the forgiveness of sins. For that, the sinner must sicerely ask God for forgivess and pardon with a lot of remorse, and with a resolve not to go back to the sin. Surely God is the Forgiver and Pardoner.

There are several ways of asking forgiveness, one could recite certain formulars, observe voluntary fasting, perform pilgrimage, endow the needy, clean the mosque or do some other works in propagating the Truth and preventing others from falling into same error.

abuse of Grace and mercy. GOD just need ur sincere heart seeking forgiveness. atoning for sin is like trying to pay God.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
9ijaMan:

Chalisco,
Why are you trying to harp on the punishment? Why not the cause? I don't think you should bother yourself with the levity of the "punishment" 'because I know you would be wise enough not to act as an impediment to muslims in their act of worship.
As Nuru has explained earlier, you will certainly not be subjected to such "punishment" unless you constitute yourself as a stumbling block for the muslims in our way of worship.
Just as you would not be sent to jail after convicted for commiting a crime, if you have not commited such crime.

Peace

allah has given you authority to Judge.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
olabowale: @Cgift: {quote]Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Jesus too much jo! Yeah! Too much to have been praying for reprieve and being saved from the calamity at the Garden of Geshemine! Too much, that we read that there was a cry of 'My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me?' Why ask why, when you are already ready for the 'Scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?' Can you make any sense of the double talk or the instability of faith here? The death did not happen and therefore there was no scripture to be fulfilled. If any is it is simply to confuse your illfated heart that has no good faith about truth guidance in it.

Bawo ni, Cgift. Ore sha ni wa, abi, omo yaa!
as muslims u claim to respect Jesus but y blasphaming. Where the respect?
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 11:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
Logical:

According to you right? An assumption without evidence of the Palestinian people saying thats all they want. You have the right to assume whatever you want to assume, but until you have substantial evidence to back those assumptions, its just a myth. Everybody can say this, can say that, to support their reasons for supporting be it the Palestinians or the Israelites.

Call them freedom fighters or call them terrorists. Call them whatever you choose to. You may stand on the side of Shimon Peres and George Bush and view them as the greatest obstacle to peace in Palestine, or you may choose to look through the eyes of the Palestinians who saw in him the hope of liberation and deliverance from Israeli occupation.

You may choose to remember Ariel Sharon's days as a terrorist, recalling events such as the 1972 Munich Olympic games in which Israeli athletes were murdered or the fact that he was partly responsible for the Israeli invasion and occupation of South Lebanon. You may also choose to recall the fact that the Nobel committee saw in him qualities deserving of a Peace Laureate.

I personally do think both societies deserve to live in peace and harmony, but you may think otherwise and may have your personal vendettas against either side, but all in all whether their reason is because of a vintage temple or territorial. There is one fact that would always be present, the Palestinians are left to suffer and live under sub-human conditions. Each day, Jews are relocated into newly built settlements (or colonies as I prefer to call them) in the West Bank.

The State of Israel is just as guilty. It may not employ suicide bombers (it doesn't need to—its American supplied tanks and F-16s are lethal enough) but it deliberately disenfranchises the Palestinian people, while refusing to abide by international law, which calls for it to return to its pre-defined borders. As long as there is occupation, there would be the rise of several forms of militant, social and ideological movements in Palestine, which would continue to resist such occupation.

I just hope that one day, supporters of either side would be humane to see beyond CNN or BBC or even Al Jazeera.
and press tv
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
9ijaMan:

The message of Islam was brought through Arabic. You can be a Muslim without being able to speak arabic. Hpwever it is encouraged that one learns the language.
How would you be able to go to school without learning to speak Englis (for instance)? Learning arabic would facilitate your better understanding of the religion. A muslim would not say his Salat (prayer) in english or any other language but in Arabic.
Millions of muslims worldwide do observe their Salat (prayer) in Arabic and are not necessarily fluent in Arabic. There are various Islamic texts that have been translated to other languages.
Yes you can be a good muslim without being fluent in Arabic.

I hope this answers your question.
if you can't pray in your language then islam is not a universal religion but arabic religion.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by DanielNoble(m): 7:12am On Dec 19, 2012
olabowale: 4Him: I wo omo david yi. Agidi e ti poju. You argue blindly. Solomon that you claimed worshipped Idol? Excavations under an existing building, a masjid, by a Jew and/or Christian or others? What a dishonest man you are! What condition will be masjid come out with, if it survived the evil drive that is making people suggesting and eager to excavate? Let me ask you, will you allow an excavation of the holy sepucal church or the nevity church? David get real. I will not let a starnger come to excavate my family property, and I am sure you will do the same. But Masjid Aqsa is more important to any individual's person's family propertiy. Aqsa is a community property, belonging to the Palestinian Muslims, specifically and the world body of the muslim, in general. Afterall Masjid Aqsa is in the Qur'an. Unlike your Book which does not carry Trinity as a word on any of its pages! How in the world can you claim that Trinity is a thought, worse an ideal and worst a reality?

Is it Yoruba territory? The last time I check, it is in East Jerusalam, a palestinian area.

You have no shame. The unfortunate thing is that you are showing a sign of heartlessness. I should also ask the Zionist, if I could. Orisi, rishi david ti po ju.

Unlike you who have to wait till old age to chop the yam, while you are salivating at every Yam the shelves of every grocery store. It shows your insincerity, because you have not factor that what if they were not been killed off, what would have become of the palestinian population, in palestine?

And the puppet masters behind the scene are not others but , !

It is their duty to not put guns over their heads every minute. Believe me, the palestinians, (all of them without distinctions by religion, etc), will be fine. If the Zionist will not be arm wringling everyone against them, there are ways to covert water from the sea to satisfy their needs. But the Zionist will not let off pulling their weight through America nd Europe and of course the hypocritical arab leaders.

Caveman david, you always lick through, regardless of what you wrap yourself as, Dawid, 4Him, davidylan, all of these are just different cuts, but the water, which is you is the same, with the bad foulling taste. You firget the Israelis is top in the world regarding her military organisation. Tell me, was there any incursions recently from them?

'we', you are now a jew? The temple mount belongs to the christians now, or the nigeria christians or the nigerians on Nairaland or specifically david along with the Jews? The old prophets you said were idol worshippers? Did you believe Muhammad? You have no claims, david and the Jews do not have any either? And inshaAllah, you will live long and die off without finding your temple mount! Amin.

are you saying there was never a solomon's temple? What are you trying to say about the existence of solomon's temple and the Location.
Re: Do you have any Question about Islam? by tpia5: 8:03am On Dec 23, 2012
still waiting for feedback (from a muslim) on the horse and his boy, or the narnia chronicles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Healthy FAST; Tips To A Healthy RAMADAN / The Day I Met A Man Who Shared Similar Wordings Of Du'a Like Mine. / Happy Eid-el-maulud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.