Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,161 members, 7,860,149 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo (957 Views)

Buhari Cleaning The Mess Of Jonathan, Yar’adua, Obasanjo – Mbadinuju / God Punish Poverty.........(photos) / Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by ladi02(m): 12:53am On Jan 22, 2010
ABUJA— FOLLOWING the controversy surrounding the handing over to Vice President Goodluck Jonathan in a constitutional manner by President Umaru Yar’Adua, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, urged Yar’Adua to tread the path of honour by carrying out what was expected of him. He however did not state what was expected .
Obasanjo who said God should punish him if he picked Yar’Adua as the nation’s President knowing well that he was not going to perform, stressed that as a President who was leaving, it was not going to augur well for the country to have a southern president succeeding him hence the choice of Yar’Adua as the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

According to Obasanjo, “If you take up an appointment, a job, elected, appointed, whatever it is and then your health starts failing and you will not be able to deliver to satisfy yourself and satisfy the people who you are supposed to serve, then there is a path of honour you are supposed to take. There is a path of honour and morality and if you don’t know that then you don’t know anything.”

Obasanjo who was responding to a question on why he gave Nigeria a sick President at the seventh Annual Trust Dialogue explained that prior to the emergence of the ailing president, three qualities were set out for who must be his successor. He gave them as enough intellectual capacity, sufficient personal integrity and enough broad mindedness to manage the affairs of Nigeria and the president had them.

Read More: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/22/god-punish-me-if-i-imposed-yar%e2%80%99adua-obasanjo/
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by aloyemeka2: 1:04am On Jan 22, 2010
Devil is already punishing him. Is it normal to bang your daughter inlaw?
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by Fhemmmy: 2:41am On Jan 22, 2010
Just as he has confessed, so shall it be for him.
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 6:45am On Jan 22, 2010
Ok, i av heard
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by aieromon(m): 8:11am On Jan 22, 2010
He seems the punishment he's receiving is mild.
God,turn up the heat!!
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by yemmight(m): 9:34am On Jan 22, 2010
That old man should shut his mouth or instead apologize for the whole nation he imposed sick president. In his statement he said Yaradua was away for 6 months while he was serving Kastina as a Governor on medical ground and yet he still picked. Honestly this man should be hanged.
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by Kx: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2010
Be it unto you according to your words.
Obasanjo who said "God should punish me if I picked Yar’Adua as the nation’s President."
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by kawazaki(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2010
[size=18pt]Amen[/size]
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by naijaswag1: 11:43am On Jan 22, 2010
Did Obj make Yar'adua sick?
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by jimmysho(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2010
amen to the prayer but reverse if otherwise
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by kokoA(m): 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
Who cares whatever God descides to do with him
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
Still can not understand how Vanguard came about this headline

OBJ did not make the above statement in the headline
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2010
In a way, I believe he is not guilty since I do believe the Nigerian people ALLOWED Yar adua become, and stay President. Afterall, we are supposed to have a Democracy.
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2010
kawazaki:

[size=18pt]Amen[/size]
Seconded
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by NAS953(m): 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2010
Obj God has already condemed you.since your pr---ck cant withstand your daughter-in-law :p
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by trueword: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2010
maybe now Obj will now get what's coming to him for the roles he played in the current horrible state of Nigeria. Who knows maybe we will be hearing of some not so good news about Obj in near future.
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by darqly(m): 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2010
Bleeding Arrow can say that cos God doesn't smite blasphemers dead like in the good ol days.
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by largie(f): 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2010
triple amen,up to your 10th generation
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by heilige(m): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2010
Obj has spoken, and Heaven has answered his prayer
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by mamagee3(f): 12:09am On Jan 23, 2010
Obasanjo is a thief in broad daylight
He has retired from his stealing escapades
he now comes out to run his mouth
Why didn't he say this in 2007
when Yaradua was elected
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by tychee69(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2010
angry such blasphemy and hypocrisy, How I wish he was making this statement to the council of apostles during the days of acts,
What can I say, his gameplan is now unfolding, Give nigeria a corpse as president and a DOG as vice president, When the corpse is buried, the dog becomes president, And he will be leashed to ota,
See how these senile old men are playing with our future like a game of draught.(draft).
Re: God Punish Me If I Imposed Yar’adua – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2010
No atom of repentance in OBJ.
For calling Nigerians fools, He will continue to fight for his tattered n chequered reputation. Let him continue to sing!
He will turn to a musician soon for us to hear him

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian President Yaradua Has One Month To Live / Pdp Blasts Tinubu Over Efcc Problem ! / Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.