Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,197 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals (29721 Views)

Are You Drinking Enough Water? 6 Signs You Need To Drink More Water / ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? / 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Ladies Have Belly Fat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by temitemi1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2017
water is good...
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Ruggedfitness: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nicepoker:
op it's not proper to drink water when eating.

I can't believe you have been missing so many health benefits all these while believing wrong information.. Just try drinking water during meals for this week and if your body feel bad about the reactions. I will automatically make you the first winner in my #1,000 recharge card giveaway coming up on 26th June, 2017
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Ruggedfitness: 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2017
Lsofdk:
You guys should stop confusing people. Today you read drinking water during meal dilutes digestive juice, tomorrow you read something else entirely.

I understand how it feels when other health bloggers are passing information they just picked up on the net... I write about information I have experienced myself and share it with you all...

Just give it a try for the week and tell me how you feel
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by toprealman: 9:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
WORDWORLD:
Bless you brother. Water is life..Fela sef talk say water no get enemy. Thanks a lot.
No go jump inside lagoon oo.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Lsofdk(m): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

I understand how it feels when other health bloggers are passing information they just picked up on the net... I write about information I have experienced myself and share it with you all...

Just give it a try for the week and tell me how you feel
Ok bro
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Ruggedfitness: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
Lsofdk:
Ok bro

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by kibra4u(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
FemiFemola:
But water is not sweet sad
You can simply add small sugar or salt in it..... grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
Mehn! Yall fvcked up med education big time!

Today drink water before meals, now drink water during meals.

Who we gon' listen to?
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by mistermaster: 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2017
pls op, is that Donald Duke takes a lot of water and obasanjo don't?? ahjustdongerrit!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by joinnow: 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
Caustics:
angry
today, dont drink water during meals so that you eat more
tomorrow, always drink water during meals so that you eat less

today, taking coffee reduces risk of stroke
tomorrow, coffee is the leading cause of heart disease

today, fruits help with bowel movement, eat plenty
tomorrow, fruits cause diabetes, avoid them.

and so on and so forth.. ....
which do we believe undecided

Latest research says drink water 30mins b4 food.
I might be wrong though
Let see it from this senerio
You are hungry and your brain has signal your stomach which will be releasing digestive fluid as soon as you start eating the brain will be signalling the exact quantity to release tto digest the food.so you drinking water while eating will dilute the digestive enzyme already in the stomach.this will fool the brain to trigger more or excess digestive enzyme which will interface with digestion.
Other old research said drinking water will not interface

If you ask me
I will go with latest

May be sipping water during meal is ok but if You drink a glass or two it will interfare with Your digestive process. grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Ruggedfitness: 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
Mehn! Yall fvcked up med education big time!

Today drink water before meals, now drink water during meals.

Who we gon' listen to?

Drink water before, during and after meals... This post just focuses on during meals..
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Ruggedfitness: 10:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
joinnow:

I might be wrong though
You are hungry and your brain has signal your stomach which will be releasing digestive fluid as soon as you start eating the brain will be signalling the exact quantity to release tto digest the food.so you drinking water while eating will dilute the digestive enzyme already in the stomach.this will fool the brain to trigger more or excess digestive enzyme which will interface with digestion.

If you ask me
I will go with latest

May be sipping water during meal is ok but if You drink a glass or two it will interfare with Your digestive process. grin

There is something you missed.. As you drink more water it dilutes the digestive fluid and also makes the food you eat liquefy.. Which makes it easier for the digestive fluid to work on the food and get it digested easily.. It other words the water acts like a catalyst and your brain which is smart will see this and not secrete in excess..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

cc: Caustics

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Nicepoker(m): 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

I can't believe you have been missing so many health benefits all these while believing wrong information.. Just try drinking water during meals for this week and if your body feel bad about the reactions. I will automatically make you the first winner in my #1,000 recharge card giveaway coming up on 26th June, 2017
I will give that a try
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Ruggedfitness: 10:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nicepoker:
I will give that a try

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Caustics: 10:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

There is something you missed.. As you drink more water it dilutes the digestive fluid and also makes the food you eat liquefy.. Which makes it easier for the digestive fluid to work on the food and get it digested easily.. It other words the water acts like a catalyst and your brain which is smart will see this and not secrete in excess..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

cc: Caustics
noted
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Caustics: 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
joinnow:

I might be wrong though

If you ask me
I will go with latest

i sip before eating , eat without drinking and gulp after eating. Is it the right way?
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Nicepoker(m): 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
thanks
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by cinoedhunter: 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
It's nt medical to drink water during meals. Water should be taken Atleast up to 15mins after meals except on exceptional cases like choking or spicy meals
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by fof1: 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nicepoker:
op it's not proper to drink water when eating.

PLS THIS IS A BIG LIE MEDICALLY. DRINK WATER AS IS APPROPRIATE WHILE EATING BEFORE U GET CHOCKED,PLS. U CAN DRINK OR TAKE A SIP BEFORE EATING UR MEAL TO LUBRICATE PROPERLY UR INTESTINAL WALLS OR U WILL CREATE OGA ULCER IN UR STOMACH WALL. PLS LEARN AND KEEP THOSE ARCHAIC OR OUTDATED THEORIES AWAY.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Ruggedfitness: 11:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
fof1:

PLS THIS IS A BIG LIE MEDICALLY. DRINK WATER AS IS APPROPRIATE WHILE EATING BEFORE U GET CHOCKED,PLS. U CAN DRINK OR TAKE A SIP BEFORE EATING UR MEAL TO LUBRICATE PROPERLY UR INTESTINAL WALLS OR U WILL CREATE OGA ULCER IN UR STOMACH WALL. PLS LEARN AND KEEP THOSE ARCHAIC OR OUTDATED THEORIES AWAY.

Thank you so much, you understand what it means to look good

cc: cinoedhunter

Please look through what a fellow commenter like yourself has to say
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Caseless: 11:16pm On Jun 12, 2017
vikiylove:
lol.. @ pooping
strange, right? I heard you don't do it.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Romanciella(f): 1:15am On Jun 13, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

Thank you so much, you understand what it means to look good

cc: cinoedhunter

Please look through what a fellow commenter like yourself has to say
happy birthday ..wishing u Allah's rahama now and always

And oh i have been following yr topics, although i have neva really comment on any..

M just wondering if u have any advice for a skinny lady who has tried every method possible in the book to gain weight

Exercise food junks etcetera

Thank u

I consider this a birthday uhm cake.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by safetyInspector(m): 5:01am On Jun 13, 2017
My Broda dis thing don tire me. I have been struggling to stop drinking water during meal because I was told that it is safe to drink water 30minutes after meal but lo and behold this. Poor me! what will be my next line of action?
Caustics:
angry
today, dont drink water during meals so that you eat more
tomorrow, always drink water during meals so that you eat less

today, taking coffee reduces risk of stroke
tomorrow, coffee is the leading cause of heart disease

today, fruits help with bowel movement, eat plenty
tomorrow, fruits cause diabetes, avoid them.

and so on and so forth.. ....

which do we believe undecided
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 13, 2017
This is your thread and I don't have any business countering your experience and summation because no human findings is a 100% free from error.
But our major problems is the nature of our foods(Eba,fufu and amala) skips the first digestive process - CHEWING. This may be the reason why you advocate for more water to break it down in the stomach. I do not just swallow straight like that. Instead I use my tongue to smash it first so as to enable the proper secretion of enzymes in the salivary gland. After the meal ,I sip little water to wash my throat down and then wait for some minutes before resuming my regular water intake. RELAX AND SMILE!
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Ruggedfitness: 7:11am On Jun 13, 2017
Romanciella:
happy birthday ..wishing u Allah's rahama now and always

And oh i have been following yr topics, although i have neva really comment on any..

M just wondering if u have any advice for a skinny lady who has tried every method possible in the book to gain weight

Exercise food junks etcetera

Thank u

I consider this a birthday uhm cake.

Thank you so much, although Today is not my birthday, it seems I made a mistake with the month of birth in my profile but it's still on the 13th.

As for gaining weight, there are so many possible ways to gain weight, but there are a lot of things to look at first before trying to put on weight.

Genetics
Finance (it is expensive to gain weight and maintain that weight)
Lifestyle etc

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Freethought(m): 7:16am On Jun 13, 2017
vikiylove:

Stori!!, how many glasses do you take a day?

I consume 3 and a half bag of sachet water in a week
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Odjesha: 8:45am On Jun 13, 2017
That's is a very good presentation. .....Dockay wot abt intake of early morning water nkor? Before meal pls throw more light on that
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Afonjanightmare(m): 9:56am On Jun 13, 2017
Oga, na your picture I come look

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by praise1705(f): 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
8 litres of water everyday
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water During Meals by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
toprealman:
grin
toprealman:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Bowale Abimbola Tests Positive / High Calorie Foods For Weight Gain / Strange Disease Kills 50 People In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.