Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:41 AM

In Revolt Against Constituted Thinking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Revolt Against Constituted Thinking (605 Views)

NWC Members Revolt Against Oshiomhole / Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team / Governorship Primaries: APC Leaders Threaten Revolt Against Tinubu Over Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Revolt Against Constituted Thinking by Chukwuka16: 3:49am On Jun 13, 2017
Buhari: “Those who can afford foreign education for their children can go ahead but Nigeria cannot afford to allocate foreign exchange for those who decided to train their children outside the country” – March 2016

Garba Shehu: “I have only bought forex worth 8000 dollars for my daughter and nephews since coming into government” – March 2016

News: “VP’s daughter graduates with masters from Dartmouth College, USA” – June 2016

News: “Buhari’s kids graduate from UK varsity” – July 2016

I am seething with palpable anger at Nigerian youths. Are we under a spell? I’m penning my thoughts currently from the confines of my bed this midnight in apparent disregard to the feverish feelings I seem to be having. I know it’s stress induced and not malaria!

Agreed we have already shot ourselves in the “leg” by electing this bunch of town criers and back seat online political bloggers as leaders, with an economic ignoramus and religious bigot as head, agreed we were played this time, agreed we didn’t see it coming, agreed we displayed faith (a great human virtue) and believed a hoax, agreed we were not ready to ask difficult questions, agreed and agreed and agreed we got it wrong this time, but shouldn’t experience and history have made us better learners? Isn’t the idea of learning about improving knowledge and using it to make better informed decisions? Isn’t that why we are different from animals? Agreed that polls have been wrong and way off in predicting many world events, but hasn’t two years and with abundant summersaults and failures been enough to arrive at a fair conclusion on the ineligibility of the current political leaders displaying crass buffoonery at every event they “(dis)grace?”

I sometimes sit and wonder how the minds of Nigerian youths’ function. I do not expect anyone to reason like I do, the diversity is necessary for variegated opinions. However, there should be a minimum expected level of reasoning among youths as we evolve. I used to be very argumentative, always wanting to have the superior answer and have my ideas implemented. Knowledge however has been calming me down. I just discover every day that I only know just very little (if not infinitesimal) compared to the knowledge available. I’m becoming more observant and a thinker now. You can therefore imagine my trepidation when I scan through comments bothering on issues of national welfare and affecting youths, and the comments suddenly become polarized along religious and ethnic lines. “Every nation does get the government they deserve.”

I have been observing recently an increase in the assault of the elite class on the common man. In the face of growing economic recession and crunching poverty, the elite class has not failed to continue to rub their privileges in our faces. Privileges bought and acquired with public funds are wantonly used to assault us on daily basis. How can Buhari justify his medical vacation abroad? No public official including the vice president is owed estacode (local and foreign), yet scholars (the youths of tomorrow and the country’s hope) are abandoned in foreign countries and owed their allowances without repercussions. Ordinary youths are killed daily without anyone asking questions.

Can Dangote, Otedola, Alakija, Elumelu, Ovia, Sanusi, Buhari, Obasanjo, Danjuma, Ibori, Clark, Jonathan, Saraki, Oshiomole etc. boast of clean wealth free of public funds? These guys parading themselves as saints have been the cause for the collapse of the banking sector and the ensuing economic recession. From colluding with government officials to heartlessly fleece the public treasury through bad loans (eventually written off by the government) and inflated/bogus contracts, these folks have ensured that youths do not get loans at reduced interest rates and that youths do not get scholarships for local and overseas study. Their actions mean that conducive environment is not provided for the youth to enable him develop his innate potential.

XYZ’s daughter graduates from UK university, HG’s son graduates from USA university, GB’s children bag bachelors from Aberdeen, FV’s son weds in UK, JH’s daughter hosts house party in London, GT’s children holiday in Paris and Prague etc. are some of the news we read of the exploits of the children of the elites. Aside from a minute few, there is no restraint by these folks in displaying opulence. However, the reaction of the Nigerian youth has been amazing. “Money good o”, “see fine babe”, “chai baba God pick my call”, “Get rich or die trying”, “poverty is bad”, “if I hear say I no hammer”, etc. When someone becomes objective asking about the source of the wealth, the responses from Nigerian youths is nothing short of shocking – “bad belle”, “go and make your money”, “see as poverty wan kill this one”, “why e dey pain you”, “jealousy” etc.

My grievance is simple – unbeknown to the Nigerian youth, a caste system is currently evolving in Nigeria. Check out marriage unions and academic qualifications of kids of the elite currently being employed into plum jobs in never heard departments and agencies in Nigeria and you would be shocked. A new Nigeria is being fashioned where every stratum is well defined and mobility only allowed within each stratum. Employment into those plum government jobs is simply by referral and marriage among that class is simply within the class they roll with. Where does that leave you and I? your guess is as good as mine. Today you can see the humongous benefits ex-governors and their deputies enjoy as pension, in a country filled with so much poverty. Twenty years ago, it was unthinkable, twenty years after it has become law! Even in the church/mosques, the stratum is more evident. Check out how concessions are given to the elites during their weddings and other engagements while the poor are forced to obey every church/mosque rule and injunction! Check out how secluded and shielded the the families of the clerics and elites are from the common members! So, when next you hit the keys on your computer or phone in support of that child of your cleric or politician, just remember that they do not know you.

As I conclude, I am reminded of George Orwell’s Animal Farm – “All animals are equal, but some are more equal than the others.”

For previous posts:
https://www.nairaland.com/3855295/search-common-sense
https://www.nairaland.com/3855288/thank-sir-brain
https://www.nairaland.com/3851707/excuse-me-sir-look-stupid
https://www.nairaland.com/3851270/youths-might-sense

cc;
lalasticlala
Mynd44
OAM4J
Seun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Revolt Against Constituted Thinking by Maryaaam(f): 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Buhari: “Those who can afford foreign education for their children can go ahead but Nigeria cannot afford to allocate foreign exchange for those who decided to train their children outside the country” – March 2016

Garba Shehu: “I have only bought forex worth 8000 dollars for my daughter and nephews since coming into government” – March 2016

News: “VP’s daughter graduates with masters from Dartmouth College, USA” – June 2016

News: “Buhari’s kids graduate from UK varsity” – July 2016

I am seething with palpable anger at Nigerian youths. Are we under a spell? I’m penning my thoughts currently from the confines of my bed this midnight in apparent disregard to the feverish feelings I seem to be having. I know it’s stress induced and not malaria!

Agreed we have already shot ourselves in the “leg” by electing this bunch of town criers and back seat online political bloggers as leaders, with an economic ignoramus and religious bigot as head, agreed we were played this time, agreed we didn’t see it coming, agreed we displayed faith (a great human virtue) and believed a hoax, agreed we were not ready to ask difficult questions, agreed and agreed and agreed we got it wrong this time, but shouldn’t experience and history have made us better learners? Isn’t the idea of learning about improving knowledge and using it to make better informed decisions? Isn’t that why we are different from animals? Agreed that polls have been wrong and way off in predicting many world events, but hasn’t two years and with abundant summersaults and failures been enough to arrive at a fair conclusion on the ineligibility of the current political leaders displaying crass buffoonery at every event they “(dis)grace?”

I sometimes sit and wonder how the minds of Nigerian youths’ function. I do not expect anyone to reason like I do, the diversity is necessary for variegated opinions. However, there should be a minimum expected level of reasoning among youths as we evolve. I used to be very argumentative, always wanting to have the superior answer and have my ideas implemented. Knowledge however has been calming me down. I just discover every day that I only know just very little (if not infinitesimal) compared to the knowledge available. I’m becoming more observant and a thinker now. You can therefore imagine my trepidation when I scan through comments bothering on issues of national welfare and affecting youths, and the comments suddenly become polarized along religious and ethnic lines. “Every nation does get the government they deserve.”

I have been observing recently an increase in the assault of the elite class on the common man. In the face of growing economic recession and crunching poverty, the elite class has not failed to continue to rub their privileges in our faces. Privileges bought and acquired with public funds are wantonly used to assault us on daily basis. How can Buhari justify his medical vacation abroad? No public official including the vice president is owed estacode (local and foreign), yet scholars (the youths of tomorrow and the country’s hope) are abandoned in foreign countries and owed their allowances without repercussions. Ordinary youths are killed daily without anyone asking questions.

Can Dangote, Otedola, Alakija, Elumelu, Ovia, Sanusi, Buhari, Obasanjo, Danjuma, Ibori, Clark, Jonathan, Saraki, Oshiomole etc. boast of clean wealth free of public funds? These guys parading themselves as saints have been the cause for the collapse of the banking sector and the ensuing economic recession. From colluding with government officials to heartlessly fleece the public treasury through bad loans (eventually written off by the government) and inflated/bogus contracts, these folks have ensured that youths do not get loans at reduced interest rates and that youths do not get scholarships for local and overseas study. Their actions mean that conducive environment is not provided for the youth to enable him develop his innate potential.

XYZ’s daughter graduates from UK university, HG’s son graduates from USA university, GB’s children bag bachelors from Aberdeen, FV’s son weds in UK, JH’s daughter hosts house party in London, GT’s children holiday in Paris and Prague etc. are some of the news we read of the exploits of the children of the elites. Aside from a minute few, there is no restraint by these folks in displaying opulence. However, the reaction of the Nigerian youth has been amazing. “Money good o”, “see fine babe”, “chai baba God pick my call”, “Get rich or die trying”, “poverty is bad”, “if I hear say I no hammer”, etc. When someone becomes objective asking about the source of the wealth, the responses from Nigerian youths is nothing short of shocking – “bad belle”, “go and make your money”, “see as poverty wan kill this one”, “why e dey pain you”, “jealousy” etc.

My grievance is simple – unbeknown to the Nigerian youth, a caste system is currently evolving in Nigeria. Check out marriage unions and academic qualifications of kids of the elite currently being employed into plum jobs in never heard departments and agencies in Nigeria and you would be shocked. A new Nigeria is being fashioned where every stratum is well defined and mobility only allowed within each stratum. Employment into those plum government jobs is simply by referral and marriage among that class is simply within the class they roll with. Where does that leave you and I? your guess is as good as mine. Today you can see the humongous benefits ex-governors and their deputies enjoy as pension, in a country filled with so much poverty. Twenty years ago, it was unthinkable, twenty years after it has become law! Even in the church/mosques, the stratum is more evident. Check out how concessions are given to the elites during their weddings and other engagements while the poor are forced to obey every church/mosque rule and injunction! Check out how secluded and shielded the the families of the clerics and elites are from the common members! So, when next you hit the keys on your computer or phone in support of that child of your cleric or politician, just remember that they do not know you.

As I conclude, I am reminded of George Orwell’s Animal Farm – “All animals are equal, but some are more equal than the others.”

For previous posts:
https://www.nairaland.com/3855295/search-common-sense
https://www.nairaland.com/3855288/thank-sir-brain
https://www.nairaland.com/3851707/excuse-me-sir-look-stupid
https://www.nairaland.com/3851270/youths-might-sense

cc;
lalasticlala
Mynd44
OAM4J
Seun

Hi let me help u to apply for u and take admission from high ranking universities in cyprus . Rabiee_iran2009@yahoo.com
Re: In Revolt Against Constituted Thinking by Maryaaam(f): 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hi
Im an iranian and im official agent of university of emu in cyprus. I take free admission for bachelor and masters and phd applicants. You can visit the website of this university. There are lots nigerians there and i am a graduate of this university too. There is 50% scholarship for all levels except phd. This is my watsapp number: 0090 5338351808 and email: rabiee_iran2009@yahoo.com
Re: In Revolt Against Constituted Thinking by Gravas(m): 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Chukwuka16. I have nothing to add but i want to say thank u for voicing out against the evil; the injustice and oppression being orchestrated by the ruling elites on the masses, and the heartrenting ignorance displayed by some youths by worshipping and praising their oppressors. Kindly check my posts and you will discover that you are not the only one angry about the stupidity and utter ignorance displayed on NL. There is no gain saying that, the same thinking you see on this forum is what is lived in real life. It's a pity. We shall do our best to educate the indomie generation and cure their ignorance. You can send me pm and i will reply and give you my other handle where, you can see the efforts am making. I have created that handle solely for this purpose. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: In Revolt Against Constituted Thinking by Totalman1(m): 12:43am On Jun 16, 2017
Nice one OP. But my take is "What in ur opinion should be done? It is one thing to point out anomalies; another to correct them.
Can u kindly suggest a workable solution sir? I am with u all d way!

#ActionSpeaks

(1) (Reply)

Man Cries Out After Policemen Accused Him Of Being Among Members Of Badoo Group / MASSOB Insists On Break-up As Igbo Leaders Support United Nigeria / The Real Story Behind The World’s Most Famous Desktop Background (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.