Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,240 members, 7,953,908 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:41 AM

Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt (443 Views)

Herdsmen: Defend Yourselves, Ohanaeze Tells Igbo - Sahara Reporters / We Will Resist Fulani Vigilantes In Igboland - Ohanaeze Tells Miyetti Allah / Presidential Debate: Don’t Send Tinubu, You Must Go – Ohanaeze Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by omobacyprus(m): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2017
John Nwodo, president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide, says it appears that the federal government is “helpless” on the quit notice given to the Igbo in the north by Arewa youth groups.
He urged the government to take decisive action on the matter.
Nwodo while speaking on Sunrise Daily, a Channels TV programme on Monday, said despite the order issued by Ibrahim Idris, inspector-general of police, and that of Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna, to arrest those making such statements, nothing has been done.
The president-general said the “hate” that the northern youths have “has reduced the authorities to being ineffective in the circumstance.”
While appealing to the federal government to charge of the situation, he said the declaration by the youth was “treasonable” as it has threatened the integrity of the country.
“There is nothing more threatening of the national integrity than this, this is treasonable, they have declared a new state that excludes the south-east from the state of Nigeria. They have gone to describe measures to actualise this. Everything in that speech shows a concluded crime,” Nwodo said.
“You have declared an intention and you have consumated it, you have begun to take inventory of property. No state is achieved by property acquisition or a mere declaration. An eviction notice doesn’t amount to achievement of statehood and this is what the young men have done.
“And it does appear that the federal government is helpless. When the federal executive council met we did not hear anything about it. The inspector-general of police called all commissioners of police and issued an order, that order is in breach because it is being challenged by the young men. The governor of Kaduna state has issued an arrest order, it hasn’t been carried out.
“It does appear that there is a building of hate in the north amongst the youths, that has reduced the authorities to being ineffective in the circumstance and I will like the federal government to rise up to the occasion to show that it is in charge.
“We need to build on some principles of rule of law but there is dissatisfaction that this government is not working, not just this government in power, but the structure is not working.”
He opined that restructuring the country would address the issue and make all regions financially independent.
“It worked when we had it, I grew up at the time we had regional governments in this country. Every area of Nigeria was financially independent. In the north, there were groundnut pyramids, Ahmadu Bello university was built,” Nwodo said.
“In the south-west, it was cocoa, the first television station in black Africa was built, the first stadium if Nigeria was built, free education at all levels were launched. In the south-east, Nsukka university was built, presidential hotel was built in Port Harcourt and Enugu and robust industrial policy that produced the first few industries were built.
“I don’t see how you leave a workable system for an unworkable system. I don’t see a country any country called a federation in the world that runs a unitary system of government.”

Read more: http://www.trendcabal.com/2017/06/quit-notice-rise-up-and-show-youre-in.html?m=0

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by Lajet: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2017
Nwodo is the best Ohaneze president ever. Nigeria must divide weather the slaves and masters want it or not. There's no going back again.

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by sarrki(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2017
My elders you need not to worry

Baba is capable

Also the Acting President is more than capable

We will deal with KANU , Ipob miscreants and the Arewa youths

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by georgen2u(m): 8:30am On Jun 13, 2017
Fg is in charging mood in London wait till battery full

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by naijagobetter(m): 8:32am On Jun 13, 2017
wat does the igbos really want?? U said you guys want biafra they say go and actualize it and u come here speaking nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by Ehiscotch(m): 8:32am On Jun 13, 2017
I agree that the FG has been quiet & their silence ain't helping to reduce the tensions around the country.
Re: Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by APCsupporter: 8:33am On Jun 13, 2017
ohanaeze shut up. since you didn't call for the arrest of kalu when he was threatening to make Nigeria worse than Somalia there is no way anybody would listen to you now. cowards!

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by Ogonimilitant(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2017
Osibanjo is just a stooge. The IG does not take instructions from him. How then can he function.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice: Rise Up And Show You’re In Charge – Ohanaeze Tells Fed Govt by 2016v2017: 9:28am On Jun 13, 2017
Though I respect you sir,but I will not fail to tell you what I feel is good to tell you.
You and other Igbo leaders,should as a matter of urgency forget all these long epistle and find a lasting solution to the problem on ground.
With your good office ,gather momentum and Sue FG,though is Buharinotherner govt,to competent court,either ECOWAS court,World Court,UN and others ,for supporting a section of the country against Ndi Igbo.
Do you need a prophet to tell you that the current FG is north and north is the FG?
Are you expecting Buharinotherner govt.to rise against himself?
The north have finalized plans to confiscate Igbo properties in the north and as things stand,I see them not changing their mind about seizing Igbo properties in the north, because,they are lazy donkeys who want to reap others sweat and labour.
If not for the ndi Igbo properties ,would they have given Igbos quit notice?
If they really want Ndi Igbos to go and have Biafra,why trying to seize ndi Igbo properties?

(1) (Reply)

Why My Muslim Brothers Are Not Loved / Ali Modu-sheriff Said APC Didn’t Win 2015 Presidential Election / Sports And Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.