Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed (1881 Views)

My Honda Accord EOD 2003 Gear Shifting Issues With AC On At Low Speed / My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by izaac23(m): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
Pls my people i need ur help, I Drive Toyota Corolla 2003 and the problem is... Anytime i start my car and switch on the A/C, on slow movement( like taking off, go slow or bad spot) i will hear a very discouraging cranky sound when throttling the vehicle to gain speed. Does not happen when i am on a road with average speed, only when i am very slow. But if the A/C is off, it moves well.
Pls what cud be the problem and possible solution
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by autologic: 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
izaac23:
Pls my people i need ur help, I Drive Toyota Corolla 2003 and the problem is... Anytime i start my car and switch on the A/C, on slow movement( like taking off, go slow or bad spot) i will hear a very discouraging cranky sound when throttling the vehicle to gain speed. Does not happen when i am on a road with average speed, only when i am very slow. But if the A/C is off, it moves well.
That sound is directly from the engine and that is is technically referred to as "pinging "Detonation or knocking" .The pinging noise emanates from uneven explosion of airfuel charge in the combustion chamber late or early can be due to lack of proper maintaince and tune up ,carbon build up on the Piston thereby altering the compression ratio , too early or late ignition or valve timing, sludge build up etc .
Get a sensible tech to check this out for u .
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by alphaNomega: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
This is what happens when you connect your AC compressor to bypass the thermostat. You need to rewire it back to factory settings
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by mejai(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Compressor sitting( if it is converted) likely to be rubbing on the chassis frame when engaged or engine sitting.

my little suggestions o.
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by AutoB24: 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ur tapet valve is fauty u have to get changed
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by izaac23(m): 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
I was advised by a technician to add injector cleaner and use it for sometime to see if it will improve which i have done.... Is it advisable to keep driving it like that and hoping for a positive result after the injector cleaner
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by NaijadrivaCars: 10:49am On Apr 18, 2020
Worse case scenario, can you cough out 200k+ for new engine?
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by kkulaja(m): 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
All these suggestion pointing to tge engine na wa oh
Start with the e simple things 1st
Could be the compressor seating like someone suggested earlier

May not necessarily be the engine
Motor dey work well without AC na

Ask some kazeem help u check if all the bolts holding the compressor is perfectly fastened and complete
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by kkulaja(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
autologic:

That sound is directly from the engine and that is is technically referred to as "pinging "Detonation or knocking" .The pinging noise emanates from uneven explosion of airfuel charge in the combustion chamber late or early can be due to lack of proper maintaince and tune up ,carbon build up on the Piston thereby altering the compression ratio , too early or late ignition or valve timing, sludge build up etc .

If this is the culprit, would it be only when the AC is on it will surface?
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by Alvin007: 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
izaac23:
Please check the 'automatic belt tensioner pulley' before you touch your engine...it might be the culprit.. cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by autologic: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
kkulaja:

If this is the culprit, would it be only when the AC is on it will surface?
Not only ac ,anything that put extra load on the engine will produce the symptoms .
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by izaac23(m): 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank you very much my people, i will check all these u have sugested,

Although a kaseem told me that my engine sitting is faulty although i cant see wat he was trying to show me how anything is wrong with that sitting, thanks
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by mejai(m): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
izaac23:
Thank you very much my people, i will check all these u have sugested,

Although a kaseem told me that my engine sitting is faulty although i cant see wat he was trying to show me how anything is wrong with that sitting, thanks
let him pull it out and show u. If it is broken, u will see it. Averagely, a corolla should have three of it.
I suspect the front one behind the fan
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by Aanumi16: 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
izaac23:

autologic:

I have been experiencing this same issue as stated by the OP.

At first whenever I want to accelerate, I hear a knocking sound from the engine later found out it's my catalyst, so removed the one close to the Manifold without any replacement but left the second one intact, the knocking sound stopped.

It's more than a year now, the knocking sound is back but this time as described by the OP, could it be the second catalyst after the Downstream O2 sensor that's bad?

Car is a Toyota camry 09

Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Autologic
Opusdei1
Trygo
Re: My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed by TRYGO(m): 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Anumi. Catalyst can caused the noise, if its the exact same noise you heard before you replaced the catalyst.

Get it to your panel beater to removed, and check.

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Best Cars That Still Come With Manual Transmission (gearbox / Advice: My Honda Crv Rear Tyre Is Not Straight, It Looking Like Has K-leg / Please I Need Help With My 1997 Toyota Camry Making It Work Perfectly Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.