Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Is IBTC Fit To Be A Pension Scheme Or Scam??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is IBTC Fit To Be A Pension Scheme Or Scam??? (308 Views)

Stanbic Ibtc Ez Cash Loan Ussd Code / Are U A Pension Holder Did U Received A Mail From Ur Pension Administrator? / If Your Pastor Is A Yoruba Man You Are Not Fit To Be A Human Being - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is IBTC Fit To Be A Pension Scheme Or Scam??? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 14, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, This is a message sent to me this morning from a Pensioner. And I quote.

"Good morning friends and family.i wish you all the best today.talking about pension policy in Nigeria it's disastrous,horrible and killing.if there is any more words I can use to qualify it I will.i retired as Chief Nursing Officer in may 2014 when ex_president Jonathan was trying to re-contest to run for another term.i worked for 26 years but because I turned 60 years that month I have to go on retirement.few months before that day the intending retirees were summoned to a meeting by the pension managers including my own IBTC. we were told to updates so many documents.after were shown how much was individual contributions into the pension account.it was even printed out for individual if I remember.a month or so to my retirement date.i received a text message from IBTC pension manager that a whooping 1 million naira has been deducted from my pension account that it was erroneously paid into my account. I went to their office to argue it out that from the statement of account they showed me earlier there was no month they over paid into my account. no positive response from them. none from my ministry of defence no federal civil service.i sent email upon email. 3 years after, nothing done. After they started deducting almost everybody money from ₦800,000 to I don't know. At least I know 2-3 of my colleague they did this to. I never knew the worst has not been done yet. my retirement took effect may 4th 2014. A new policy was brought August 2014 that retiree should be given 1/4 of their total package even if you are 60 years on retirement. I that retired about 3 months before the new policy was given 1/4 of total package that they have stolen from me was paid to me.and I was 60 years. I protested upon protests, email upon email to authorities concerned no positive result. IBTC now said they will be given me less than ₦60,000 monthly. I was devastated. As level 14 nursing officer, on medical salary scale, worked for 26 years, retired at 60 years, i was given less than ₦2.6 million take home.can u imagine?! this frustrated me to change to annuity because they offered me about ₦8,000 more than what IBTC offered monthly.up till now no response so I decided to leave everyone involved in punishing me and stealing my sweat into the hands of God. They will not go unpunished in Jesus name. They will sow for another to reap and they will build for another to inhabit up to their 4th generation in Jesus name. unless they pay me my money that i worked for."

Please someone advice on next step to take

(1) (Reply)

"A Nairalander Ramadan Message To Pmb"_uthman Qasim. / Nigerian Man Poses With A Python Wrapped Around His Neck / Notorious Kidnapper, Evans Sues IGP, Three Others Over His Continuous Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.