Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria (8922 Views)

Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First / A South Easterner Born And Bred In Minna - A Rejoinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by FriendNG: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Stop diverting, answer my question.
Nzeogwu Kaduna was born and bred in Kaduna, and according to you, he is a good Igbo, because he was raised outside Igboland, but he was the one that killed Sarduana, wasn't he?

Agreed he is. But he is one in million that lives in the north. But majority of the caged ones in the east are nothing to write about.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by FriendNG: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
Customer80:
you talk about tafawa bellewa been murdered, which I condemn but you don't talk about 50 thousand Igbo civilians that were murdered unjustly not to talk of Igbo officer's numbering over 10000 who were equally killed before Ojukwu declared Biafra Republic due to the failure of gowon to stop the killing of the Igbos in the north

You need 2 give the full account of why are they killed.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Agumbankembu: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:

Agreed he is. But he is one in million that lives in the north. But majority of the caged ones in the east are nothing to write about.

Yeah like your almajiris that bay for blood at the very slightest provocation. Even in Katsina today, they killed 5 people, for what I can't tell.
You guys arent fit for 21st century, Stone age maybe.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by FriendNG: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Yeah like your almajiris that bay for blood at the very slightest provocation. Even in Katsina today, they killed 5 people, for what I can't tell.

Like like drug peddlers

Ritualist

Arm robbers

Like cultist

Like the ones that killed bcux of politicians.

1 Like

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Schematics: 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
Onitsha as a major cosmopolitan city has hosted most northerners and other Nigerians alike since even the colonial masters era. Even the father of Lamido(former gov of Jigawa State) lived all his live in Onitsha, that was where Lamido and his siblings were all born and grew up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Customer80: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:

so you're justifying the killing
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by FriendNG: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
Customer80:
so you're justifying the killing

I don't the people you're talking. So I can't talk. Give me full account of what happen. Ofcourse if they kill our people and they defend themselves then it is justify.

But like I said I don't know what happen. Give me full account.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by ebujany(m): 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
tetengi4life:

indeed. thank you

Did you play football in ugbomiri?
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Adiola(f): 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:

I don't the people you're talking. So I can talk. Give me full account of what happen. Ofcourse if they kill our people and they defend themselves then it is justify.

But like I said I don't know what happen. Give me full account.
what a waste of space

4 Likes

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Duru1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:
Just look at the bunch of hypocrites up dia claiming love. If you love others you wouldn't have instructed Hausa and Yoruba to be killed

If you're peaceful you wouldn't have gone abroad seeking for arms.

If you're not selfish, you wouldn't have killed Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa and leave your own brothers.

The O.p has exposed how you people are threatening others by forcefully collecting Thierry money in the name of agitating groups. Which is day light robbery.

The only good Igbos are those who explore other regions of Nigeria and understand it diversity but not the brainwashed caged southeasterners.

It is said that pretense is the hallmark of insincerity. Let us take a look at what tetengi4life wrote in his post. He wrote, Exactly, Tuesday in February 2006, things changed. There was a reprisal attack following the religious crises in the north. You can see tetengi4life clearly stated the source of the reprisal attack. If every other ethnic group slightly act like the Ndigbo, there will no political or religious trouble in the land.

Ndigbo did not kill either Ahmadu Bello or Tafawa Balewa. They were killed by the members of Nigerian army. In addition, they were killed for giving Nigeria unqualified soldiers such as Buhari, Abacha, Babangida, Nuhu Nathan, Suka Bukka, and bunch idiotic soldiers who have no place in the rank and file of Nigeria if not for the nepotistic endeavors of men such as Bello and Balewa. I guess you realize that one of the problems that befell Niger-Area today is the handiwork of idiotic dingbats such as Bello, Balewa and NPC. In fact, thanks to corrupt and nepotistic scallywags such as northern political leaders of 1960 era.

6 Likes

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by sanandreas(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
The ill treatment you got from the Igbos was as a result of your brother's attitude to strangers in the North. Southerners are never blood thirsty. If Nigeria should restructure, then peace can reign.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
Masterclass32:

Quite touching. It's a pity we've developed mutual suspicion and hatred towards each other. The threads that hold us together seems to have been stretched to their very limits. It seems we are about to fall apart.

But make no mistakes - the Igbo are not going anywhere. A revolution is on the way. The peace we once knew (though fragile) will return, this time, real and strong.

Justice and real prosperity will yet pervade the land.
thank you for being hopeful like me
May God Help Nigeria
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by deedeedee1: 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
DonBobes:
God will do it, God will save us from dis politicians 1 day my brother. because every soul knows its d politicians.
How are the politicians the problem?
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by deedeedee1: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2017
Amberon11:
I wish it was easy for us to get along. I wish we would stop being tribal bigots and just elect leaders based on competence. I wish there was equity and justice. I wish quota system would be a thing of the past. I wish politicians and the ruling class would value the sanctity of human life.

But wishes aren't horses.
Unfortunately, it cant be possible
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by deedeedee1: 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
cumbak60:
I want peace. I pray for peace. I pray the dust storm that seems to darken the sky will soon be a thing of the past. I long for a day when human lives will begin to count in this country. Oh God, give us peace. Amen.
God dont give. You can only give yourself. If our fathers had separated the country 50 years ago, maybe their children wont be in this mess
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Customer80: 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:

give an account of what you know? I have giving the account that your people slaughtered my people immediately tafawa bellewa was killed in thousands
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by deedeedee1: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
Masterclass32:

Quite touching. It's a pity we've developed mutual suspicion and hatred towards each other. The threads that hold us together seems to have been stretched to their very limits. It seems we are about to fall apart.

But make no mistakes - the Igbo are not going anywhere. A revolution is on the way. The peace we once knew (though fragile) will return, this time, real and strong.

Justice and real prosperity will yet pervade the land.
Why should the igbos not go? Why must they live in the same country with you when they want to have their own country?

1 Like

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by FriendNG: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
Customer80:
give an account of what you know? I have giving the account that your people slaughtered my people immediately tafawa bellewa was killed in thousands

Thats reprisal attack. You cause it.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Customer80: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:

Thats reprisal attack. You cause it.
still justifying the atrocities of your brothers killing innocent civilians instead of engaging the coup plotters
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Mujtahida: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
Amberon11:
I wish it was easy for us to get along. I wish we would stop being tribal bigots and just elect leaders based on competence. I wish there was equity and justice. I wish quota system would be a thing of the past. I wish politicians and the ruling class would value the sanctity of human life.

But wishes aren't horses.
Wishes can be even more than horses if we work at it. We can work but will we work? My desire is for the progress of this country - a country where lives are protected, merit is given its prime place, cities are clean, roads and other infrastructure are in top shape.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Vikky014(f): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
Agumbankembu:

which part of katsina oo. I dey katsina too
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by agadez007(m): 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
Stories like these bring tears to my eyes
#wipes tears from eyes#

I remember my mum used to tell me stories of how there were many non-igbos living and working in Onitsha,that their kids speak pure Onitsha Igbo like Natives
now,its all gone and replaced with hate and bigotry
what went wrong?

1 Like

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Agumbankembu: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
Vikky014:
which part of katsina oo. I dey katsina too

1 Like

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Vikky014(f): 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
Agumbankembu:

I want to be security conscious nah. tell me the part. LGA
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by SUCCESSUCHE: 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
I believe the root of all evil is abuse of power.
Patricia Cornwell
Your excellency, Prof. Abel Olayinka, I'm a concerned Uite, using this medium to beg you, to appeal to you, to apologize to you, about the behaviors of the students of the Great University of Ibadan. I'm imploring that you shouldn't be annoyed that we are not mentally subdued, intellectually retarded and emotionally bankrupt. Please Your excellency Sir, forgive the fact that we are outspoken, psychological vibrant, United in criticism of unaccountability, unselfish in our stance against tyranny and most importantly, forgive the fact that some of us do not have beards (since it has become quite priceless in your administration).
There are some of us students that do not support the majority, some of us don’t see any sense in protesting for our ID cards since it doesn’t really affect us. Some of us don’t need it for banks and scholarship applications. It’s not really important. In fact, some of us think that your accountability is not our business, we believe that the funds we paid for two sessions, amounting to millions do not need to be accounted for. These other students are radical, we distance ourselves from them. We do not even need to identify as current students of the university of Ibadan. I’m in 400 level and I can always show people my 200 Level ID card with a picture that dates back two years. It’s normal and befitting for “the first and the best”.
Some of us Sir, think that protest was uncalled for, seriously. We believe that small boy with no beards (something he accidentally has in common with you sir) took it too far. He should have manipulated the Congress. He should have disobeyed them self. Sir, I’m very sure he didn’t try to dialogue with you well enough. We are sure he didn’t exhaust every other diplomatic possibility before leading the protest, he has been posting one long post online with big grammar, of how he texted you that morning. I’ve asked my self, was that enough?. when you missed his calls( you are busy man, of course you have many things on your plate besides addressing irate students and preventing a protest), he should have looked for your wife’s number and tried that too. And maybe your aides and dvc’s too. That Ojo boy is somehow.
Sir, I’m impressed with your administration, it will go down in history as the best UI has ever had. Your approach to student unrest is inspired Sir. I like the way you sidestep us when we come to you. Sir, you are wise, a Genius. Little wonder you’re a Prof. The way you send us home during any protest to disband any form of assembly, to fuel disunity and to make students like us that love you, start begging for resumption on social media and radio stations, that’s freaking brilliant! I’m sure your family and church members are proud of you. God himself, he will be quite impressed with the work you are doing, you know, leading modern day oppression in tertiary institutions and all that. He is happy with you! Posterity, the unborn, minstrels, they will sing praise about your wisdom. Oga boss.
Hopefully, One day, this radical crop of students will all graduate or be sent out (SDC letters in some of their mails hopefully). And it will remain students like me with the administration Sir. Docile and mellow students who just want to graduate and leave the system without caring about posterity(it’s their work, not ours). Students who will love your inspired tyranny and praise your “way of doing things”. Zikkites that will be mellow, katangites that will be soft, awoites that will be withdrawn, idiates that will be reserved, tedderites that will be tender, bellites that will be delicate, kutities that will have no problem cooking with kerosene stove 24/7, queenites that will be selfish, etc. We will be the order of day and you will Lord it over us Sir. We will be more useful to society than the outspoken ones because we’ve chosen to ignore injustice. The others will probably succeed in life because they are mostly selfless, outspoken and have grit. We, we’ll continue to say yes ma and yes Sir like some of our SUTC past ogas, forever.

Sir, Being stubborn can be a good thing. Being stubborn can be a bad thing. It just depends on how you use it. Decide sir, will you use this “talent” of yours for good? To ensure UI remains the first and the best, to ensure your students are happy with you, and other niceties in your responsibilities? To be successful, you really have to put your ego in the background and try to be diplomatic to achieve what you want to achieve. Put that wonderful ego of yours to good use Sir, and watch yourself become an happier man(at least, I think that’s what will happen). Sir, this life, we come in, we live, we die. So short. What do you want history to remember you and your administration for? What do you want God to see you as? A stubborn dictator? Or a Good Man? Remember your name sake Abel, in the Bible, he had only good qualities, Cain Was the “other” one. I hope you will soften up and realize, this life is not hard.

God bless you Professor Abel Olayinka.
God bless you Ojo Aderemi
God bless you, UI SU
God bless you, UI Administration
And God give us all, COMMON SENSE
Commonsensical Uite
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
I remember, tijani and Mohammed betto, these where my classmates in umuahia, they spoke Igbo fluently.

2008 I saw Mohammad in Lagos. We hugged like brothers and spoke Igbo to each other, you would hardly know that he is a Fulani guy.

2 Likes

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by FriendNG: 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
I don't know what Nairaland is turning to. You agreed with what the author of this thread said but you're quick to delete the below created by astana1 ?

https://www.nairaland.com/3861383/life-hausa-man-enugu

Seun what's happening?

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
blueseacats:
I remember, tijani and Mohammed betto, these where my classmates in umuahia, they spoke Igbo fluently.

2008 I saw Mohammad in Lagos. We hugged like brothers and spoke Igbo to each other, you would hardly know that he is a Fulani guy.
thank you for still believing in one Nigeria
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by AgentSmith001: 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
Schematics:
Onitsha as a major metropolitan city has hosted most northerners and other Nigerians alike since even the colonial masters era. Even the father of Lamido(former gov of Jigawa State) lived all his live in Onitsha, that was where Lamido and his siblings were all born and grew up.
. chino nwannem ,kedu maka ndi ezi na ulo gi?

biko,are you the one behind the handle Ronaaldo? please if you are the one,desist from causing disunity among ur brothers. it doesn't speak good of you

udo!
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Schematics: 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
Chyke you don come with your useless accusations again.

AgentSmith001:
. chino nwannem ,kedu maka ndi ezi na ulo gi?

biko,are you the one behind the handle Ronaaldo? please if you are the one,desist from causing disunity among ur brothers. it doesn't speak good of you

udo!
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by AgentSmith001: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
Schematics:
Chyke you don come with your useless accusations again.

. there is nothing useless about my inquiry. answer my question nwokem
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Masterclass32: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
deedeedee1:

Why should the igbos not go? Why must they live in the same country with you when they want to have their own country?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm actually Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Knife Of 1968 Will Not Cut In 2021, Niger Deltans Reply Buhari, Say Igbos Are Ou / Edo North PDP Suspends Dan Orbih, Others / PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.