Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria (8921 Views)

Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First / A South Easterner Born And Bred In Minna - A Rejoinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Schematics: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
Are you ready to swear with your head if I am the same person or not?

AgentSmith001:
. there is nothing useless about my inquiry. answer my question nwokem
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by deedeedee1: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
Masterclass32:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm actually Igbo.
That is good. Why dont you support what your people want?
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by hilroy: 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
LUGBE:
Double face tribe will avoid this zone, they hate the truth, they lie a lot.

We have heard you even international communities know how kind the Igbos are, except fools that don't like hearing any good news from Biafra.

Time shall tell

You should mention the name of the tribe you are insulting, or fear dey catch you. Which international communities know Igbos are kind? Is it the one in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia, India, Vietnam, Bangladesh, South Africa or China. You guys are the most ingrate people on earth, always engaging in illicit activities anywhere you are. The population of your brothers and sisters in the land of the people you are insulting is more than anywhere else in the world. What an ingrate!
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by AgentSmith001: 9:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Schematics:
Are you ready to swear with your head if I am the same person or not?

. my question was harmless. you are the one that sounded aggressive

anyway I have heard you since you said you are not the one behind the handle. please help unravel the guy behind the handle biko
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by sunsewa16: 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
igbos are one of the most peaceful and accommodating tribe in Nigeria, their motto is always hustle money and enjoy money,the reason there is excess goodtime outlets any place there is large concentration of igbos.

2 Likes

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Omoluabi16(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
This piece really touched me. It's so sad the wicked outnumber the good ones. Ideally, that's how it should be. But our politicians have destroyed our sense of collective unity. We the the people have continued to be willing tools while their children school abroad. see oshodi, look at kogi..fools dying like chickens because of politicians. May God help us.

3 Likes

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by rex444(m): 10:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
I am an igbo, born and raised in Jos. William street around bukuru Park was a combo of Christians and Muslims, igbos, hausas and yorubas,the ehinderos and the rest. It was heaven, everyone was at peace, during Christmas the Christians shared food with the Muslims and during Salah the Muslims did the same and we all ate in the same plate. My friends suleiman,yakubu,ibrahim binta,lami etc....now the street is a desert town of only Muslims, properties we owned there were at luck auctioned...the ruins of hatred.... God can't come down to bring us peace, peace is something in our hearts we ought to reach for irrespective of the hurts we have encountered....forgiveness matters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by genearts(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
Dereformer:

Idris,

[s]I took time to read all you wrote, I almost came to tears. I am an Igbo, my closest friend is a yoruba man. I also have a good number of northern friends. I lived in the North for a very short time. Specifically I lived in Jos, inside command secondary school along zaria road.
I equally served in the North, specifically, Jalingo in taraba state.

Idrils, to be sincere with you, Igbos are the most peaceful people to live with. I am not saying this because I am an Igboman but because, igbos are peaceful and that is why we live everywhere.

Most times when Igbos attack northerns in the east, it is because their brothers have first been attacked in the North.

The truth is, Igbos are being marginalised in their own country. If you are an Igboman, tell me, will you keep quite at the face of injustice?

Buhari to London and separated Nigeria into 97% and 5%. My question is, if you are punishing Igbos for not voting enmass for you, what of the 5% that voted you? Should they now regret ever voting ever voting him.

The truth is Nigeria as it is presently constituted does not favour the south.
Tell me, if government is about people, why should Kano have more local government areas that Lagos?
How come the south east has the least number of states in Nigeria?

Why are igbos and some south south indegenes not admitted in the Nigerian army?
Why are the gas reserves in ukwa and Anambra not exploited?

The truth remains that our leaders have divided us hence Igbos want to be free.[/s]

Hogwash

1 Like

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 5:00am On Jun 15, 2017
rex444:
I am an igbo, born and raised in Jos. William street around bukuru Park was a combo of Christians and Muslims, igbos, hausas and yorubas,the ehinderos and the rest. It was heaven, everyone was at peace, during Christmas the Christians shared food with the Muslims and during Salah the Muslims did the same and we all ate in the same plate. My friends suleiman,yakubu,ibrahim binta,lami etc....now the street is a desert town of only Muslims, properties we owned there were at luck auctioned...the ruins of hatred.... God can't come down to bring us peace, peace is something in our hearts we ought to reach for irrespective of the hurts we have encountered....forgiveness matters
ONE NIGERIA
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 15, 2017
Have you ever seen a racist outside his country?.... we need to travel more, that way we appreciate unity in diversity... you would see the other side of life and know its a priviledge to be enjoyed
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 8:07am On Jun 15, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Biafra will be restored, make no mistake about that too.
We can't continue being in this conodrum.
i understand your pain. pls sheath your sword and give us (youths including urself) a chance to make it right.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by astana1: 8:16am On Jun 15, 2017
FriendNG:
I don't know what Nairaland is turning to. You agreed with what the author of this thread said but you're quick to delete the below created by astana1 ?

https://www.nairaland.com/3861383/life-hausa-man-enugu

Seun what's happening?

They dont want me to say the truth of what is happening

1 Like

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 8:48am On Jun 15, 2017
Esseite:
Have you ever seen a racist outside his country?.... we need to travel more, that way we appreciate unity in diversity... you would see the other side of life and know its a priviledge to be enjoyed
true talk
may God bless NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by cumbak60: 9:18am On Jun 15, 2017
I will accept a proper restructured country. We can remain one Nigeria with respect and equality for each other. Nobody should Lord it over another, this will be the best way forward.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Adekdammy: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2017
what a touching story, how I wish nairaland as a forum can launch the unity we crave for irrespective of where we come from. Enough of the insults, name callings...., this our generation can get it right again and nairaland can be an avenue to achieving that.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
Adekdammy:
what a touching story, how I wish nairaland as a forum can launch the unity we crave for irrespective of where we come from. Enough of the insults, name callings...., this our generation can get it right again and nairaland can be an avenue to achieving that.
thanks for being hopeful
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
the story was read by Mr Amaechi on Political platform this morning and hope to continue tomorrow.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
tetengi4life:
the story was read by Mr Amaechi on Political platform this morning and hope to continue tomorrow.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Nice one Mr Tetengi. God bless you.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Nice one Mr Tetengi. God bless you.
thank u
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
thank u everyone
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by Unimaginable123: 8:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
tetengi4life:

indeed. thank you
feel for you.
Please see my response below on the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/3869267/south-easterner-born-bred-minna
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2017
Unimaginable123:
feel for you.
Please see my response below on the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/3869267/south-easterner-born-bred-minna

ok. weldone
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
to ONE NIGERIA
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by amachuk(m): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
tetengi4life:
When MASSOB became more audible in fegge, there is a place called NWANGENE (Dust bin Area), some part where been cleared, we thought it was for development, guess what, some of our friends we once knew began to build Shanties (as MASSOB police station along creek road fegge). If you and your neighbor had issues, you will prefer to be reported to police instead of MASSOB. Police feared them including the Igbos too because of theft, brutality and other kinds of social vices in broad day light.
In 2014 before I went for NYSC, where I was working (Loading scrap metal into Lorries) in Uga street for OGA GEB (A.K.A ELU ELU), I saw my far far junior in school (Obum-neme) have become a ‘commander’ in MASSOB, they came close to our trailer, requested for money, searched us (everyone including their igbo counterpart) collected our belongings and left. OGA GEB cried and wailed, he had to employ one of them (EBUKA) to be guarding us when working and he smokes Indian hemp in the public and still collect N5000.
That doesn’t stopped it completely, different sect will come and fight, claim territory and left.
At a point the problem was not even with the Northerners again, it was with themselves, we just sat down and keep praying for peace and for the sheath not to point against us one day.
Even ordinary repair work at your house, they will come and seize your equipments (shovel) requesting for money or approval without receipt and there were tens of different sects of them. That was when we realized we where in ANARCHY. Thank God for Governor Willie Obiano that cleaned the street from these thugs. Since then, once In a while, I only visit family members that are still doing business there and I don’t want to stop visiting because “abum nwa ala oatuu” (son of the soil)
WHERE DID THE PROBLEM COME FROM AND HOW CAN WE SOLVE IT ESPECIALLY WE THE YOUTHS.
IGBOS I DON’T WANT YOU TO GO, FAMILIES, FRIENDS AND FEELINGS WILL BE SEPARATED
From MUHAMMAD IDRIS BAWA (tetengi) A NIGERIAN
Well, your experience is touchy, the once peaceful and happy life turned sour.However, Your little experience is nothing compared to the humiliation, killings, deprivation, denial, torture (both emotional and physical) the average Igbo person go through every passing day of his life, all these cuts across both social, political, academic, religious and even cultural divides. As we speak, there is a quit notice on Igbo's to leave the north or face death simply because we are exercising our rights to self determination. Biafrans wants out, it will be more peaceful if we live as equal neighbors than together in pains.
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 11:02am On Jul 07, 2017
amachuk:
Well, your experience is touchy, the once peaceful and happy life turned sour.However, Your little experience is nothing compared to the humiliation, killings, deprivation, denial, torture (both emotional and physical) the average Igbo person go through every passing day of his life, all these cuts across both social, political, academic, religious and even cultural divides. As we speak, there is a quit notice on Igbo's to leave the north or face death simply because we are exercising our rights to self determination. Biafrans wants out, it will be more peaceful if we live as equal neighbors than together in pains.
thank u
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
WE CALL FOR PEACE FOR BOTH NIGERIAN STATE AND BIAFRA AGITATION. I blame both party for mishandling this crises. And we pray for the unity of our dear country
Re: My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 8:20am On Oct 23, 2017
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Hasn’t Violated Patience Jonathan’s Rights – Court / Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) / Knife Of 1968 Will Not Cut In 2021, Niger Deltans Reply Buhari, Say Igbos Are Ou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.