Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Adoptive Parents Dilemma- Romance Parable - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Adoptive Parents Dilemma- Romance Parable (327 Views)

Pls Advice Me On My Dilemma With My Female Neighbor (pic Attached) / My Dilemma With A Married Woman I Encountered In My Office / Linda Ikeji: The Dilemma Nigerian / Nairaland Feminists Face Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adoptive Parents Dilemma- Romance Parable by Letstalk2: 6:03am On Jun 15, 2017
A young married couple decided to visit an orphanage on one of their travels and it was there they fell in love with a little girl who had been abandoned by her family. Soon they adopted the child and they dotted on her from day one. When they realised that the child was gifted, they remortgaged their house and withdrew from their savings in order to send the child to the best schools.

Like any parent-child relationship there were ups and downs especially, during the teenage years but it remained a loving, supportive environment for the child. The child now 18 years old was beginning to feel something was missing in her life and wanted independence which was causing a lot of conflicts with her parents. The parents at first did not know how to respond and one day there was a big fight where they said she was acting very ungrateful and if it wasn't for them she probably would still be at the orphanage. The child was very upset by this statement and swore never to talk to the parents again. The parents apologised but for a year they did not talk or hear from their child.

One day they received a mail in their post box- it was the wedding invitation of their child. They were ecstatic and contributed towards the wedding without over imposing themselves as they knew there was still a bit of bad blood. On the wedding day, they realised that their child had reconnected with her biological parents during the one year of not talking to them and it was actually her biological father that would be walking her down the aisle. The adoptive father was hurt by this but he tried to be supportive and understanding. During the wedding reception, it was the biological parents that were called to the high table as parents of the bride and this all got too much for the adoptive parents and they left the reception in tears.

A family friend after the wedding asked the daughter why she did what she did and she explained that she no longer felt any connection to her adoptive parents. She said she wanted to use her wedding to show them that she was doing better without them and didn't need them (they had thought she would come back begging during the one year of not talking to them). She had a good job now, had a good husband, lived in a fancy house and has loving parents (her biological parents) by her side. She continued that her adoptive parents were just being pathetic and remarked that they only want to be close to her because of her success since their own life wasn't going so well and they were strained financially- look they even wore to my wedding the same outfit they wore to my cousin's wedding two years ago! She concluded by advising them to adopt another child because as far as she is concerned they have lost her for good.

Hi nairalanders,

This is not a true story and it is actually a romance parable. I wanted to see what the opinion of the house is.

(1) (Reply)

**understanding The Meaning Of Love** / See The Kind Of Things You Hear When A Guy Wants A Lady / Are you a sport fan? learn how to make money from sports Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.