Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,900 members, 7,821,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) (14159 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? / Iceland Tests ‘floating’ Zebra Crossing To Slow Down Speeding Drivers / 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by COOLDK(m): 10:44am On Jun 15, 2017
To the fast and furious drivers, against the condemnation of speeding, below are the justifications of cruising on a high speed.

1) More fuel consumption Moderate Fuel Consumption

Taking Lagos as a case study, the lower speed and frequent breaking you made in a traffic jam, the more fuel you car consumes.

What I knew is that it all boils down to the driver. Considering Automatic transmission, many driver do not know they can make the gear change as at when due by slightly releasing the acceleration pedal and re-applying it immediately. The more your car stay on the same gear on a speed, the more fuel it consumes.

For a manual transmission, proper gear change will lower the fuel consumption on speed.

SCENERIO

I traveled from Lagos to Ilorin in a Toyota camry 1999 model on a full tank (Cruising at a speed of 120km/hr averagely), the fuel consumption on arrival isn't up to a quarter tank.

Same Vehicle if driven around Lagos (from home to office and back home), Ogba to Ilupeju, it consumed more that quarter of the tank in 2 days.

2) Increased possibility of accident Probability of Accident is 50-50

Even though many people believed over speeding is bad, I am of the opinion it still boils down to the person behind the wheel.
The rule is "if you've gat no ball, don't do it" . If you want to speed, you must be alert, conscious of other drivers and most of all be intelligently calculative. (2face lines comes to mind in M.I's track "HUMAN BEING"wink.

The probability of accident and avoiding accident is 50-50!

SCENERIO

a. Imagine a trailer or a tanker was behind you and other car on a highway, (God Forbid) suddenly the trailer fail brake.

Alas! Yawa don gas abi? The driver used to speeding will likely escape the hitting from behind. The reasons due to the fact that he has control on speeding, he will just zoom off without thinking twice provided no obstruction ahead.

b. You are speed addict on cruising and enjoying your ride, Suddenly you encountered robbers ahead. Because of your speed, they ran out of the road (1. You escaped their attack provided they don't shoot). A few drive from the robbing point, you are unaware they've barricaded they road (2. You hit it and you crashed)

3) The feeling is Interesting and Exciting

I think this needs no explanation. We all know the feelings you get when you drive past other vehicles and see them behind in your mirror.
You felt like Wao! I have a jet and i'm a pilot.
Ludacris comes to mind (...if you doing the speed limit get the fvck outta my way.... move bitch gerrout of the way)

But please be cautiously cautious when enjoying your high cruise

4) Air pollution Pollution Remains The same

Have you ever driven behind those smoke emitting LAG BUS or trailers? You will agree with me the faster they speed, the lesser the smoke emission. You will just keep praying for the traffic movement not to stop cos if it does, you've gotten lot of carbon monoxide to inhale from their braking and re-acceleration.

Air Pollution can be attributed to the mechanical well being of the car as a whole and not speed (In my own opinion).

5) Bad for your health Good for an Entrepreneurial Mind

"Speeding can increase your anxiety level.. this is okay"
Most people who speed have something in common, they hate failure, they do not want to be beaten. This can translate to an entrepreneurial mind as the anxiety that builds up will get you stop at nothing but success.

6) [s]It could actually increase your travel time[/s] For Where? SPEED = DISTANCE/TIME

"Sure, you can save 12 minutes by going 20 km/h faster on a 1 hour trip. However, this greatly reduces your response time.."

Thank God the word "Could" was used which made it a probability. The travel time will always be reduced in most cases at a higher speed.
Talking about the response time like i said earlier, if you haven't got the balls please don't do the speed.

In transportation engineering, there's a term called "PIEV" time. This shouldn't be more than 2.5seconds

Perception: Time required to perceive an object or situation. [Function of Eyes, Ears]
Intellection: Time required for understanding the situation. [Function of Brain]
Emotion: Based on our emotions at the time [Fear, Anger etc]. Reaching decision either to stop or not. [Function of Brain]
Volition: Once the decision has been finalized, time required to brake or accelerate. [Function of Hands or Legs]

This is why I concluded when speeding, you MUST be very alert on your concentration, intelligence, good sense of calculation and judgement.

To all the fast and furious niggas
......as you dey drive about, drive for you and other people wey dey around, because craziness full around, everybody human being oooo.....(2face idibia)

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by ikeepitreal(m): 10:50am On Jun 15, 2017
on your own..
FTC on the frontpage baby!!
aaaaaaah... now i feel empty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 15, 2017
After all said and done _you decided to use the picture of late Paul Walker?

Like I asked in the other thread.

After overtaking every car, like a most wanted who just carried out a grand theft and is being chased by rivals, you get to a checkpoint and all the cars you overtook are right behind you in a split second. Then you wonder _what exactly is the Need For Speed? cheesy

I don't exceed 100/120

harmless011:
120km/hr is not over speeding, on a normal road I don't do less than 140km/hr and I don't feel like I'm on top speed. If u can't control a vehicle comfortable at 120km/hr then your driving license should be revoked
Go and revoke their license na, FRSC Chairman.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by orbgoblin: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2017
Lmaoo I love that!!!
PaperLace:

3 Likes

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by MPVGoddess: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2017
Thank you brother

I will never be stuck behind a long line of slow moving cars.... recipe for an accident....I will either slow down some more to give then a wide berth or speed up some more and leave them in the tail of my dust

As our dear mentor said: speed never killed anyone, braking suddenly is what gets you

If you can drive as fast as an aeroplane but can stop as gracefully as a swan, speed will never be your undergoing.

Cheers...To the love of speed!

12 Likes

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by COOLDK(m): 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
MPVGoddess:
Thank you brother

I will never be stuck behind a long line of slow moving cars.... recipe for an accident....I will either slow down some more to give then a wide berth or speed up some more and leave them in the tail of my dust

As our dear mentor said: speed never killed anyone, breaking suddenly is what gets you

If you can drive as fast as an aeroplane but can stop as gracefully as a swan, speed will never be your undergoing.

Cheers...To the love of speed!

It is all about the guts bro. Some drivers slow pace are freaky annoying when you are stuck behind them.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by COOLDK(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:

Speed didnt kill PW bro. grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by nurey(m): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
This Guy just made my day, as the No 1 law breaker in illegal and unlawful speeding and racing three gbosa for you

Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!

Speed kills, do your dangerous stunt driving in games and remember to wear your seat belt while driving, also let that reckless driver pass as we will dust him later when the road is clear.

I am an advocate of sensible Overspeeding am at home come and beat me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by zadok60: 7:46am On Jun 16, 2017
oga no advantage jor....mtcheeeew
them dey warn people not to drive speed,you dey wyn their head again...

how will nigeria even move forward when we keep pointing out one good from something dangerous/evil..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Turks: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2017
RIP Paul Walker
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by harmless011: 7:48am On Jun 16, 2017
120km/hr is not over speeding, on a normal road I don't do less than 140km/hr and I don't feel like I'm on top speed. If u can't control a vehicle comfortable at 120km/hr then your driving license should be revoked.

11 Likes

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Oladelson(m): 7:50am On Jun 16, 2017
okay
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Hiccups: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2017
What I've returned to see under the sun is that the true nature of any driver at any time reflects or is proportional to level of speed. The word over-speeding is at best contextual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by memories1(f): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2017
Unless 'speeding' away from danger e.g robbers, assassins etc, overspeeding is never worth it. At least for the sake of your loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Kizyte(m): 7:54am On Jun 16, 2017
Supported! I used to be an ambulance driver for a hospital. Believe me, I'm calculatingly good when it comes to making a fast decision on the road.

I saved a lot of lives with my calculated speed. Only lost 1 life out of 15 in an extreme emergency cases.

Over speeding has higher advantages, but don't try it if you're not a fast thinker, you could equally lose your life in the process.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Radiohead6(f): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2017
Turks:
RIP Paul Walker
Lol
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 16, 2017
COOLDK:

Speed didnt kill PW bro. grin

Wetin kill am? I heard speed and bad tyres. The car some of you use to over speed are not even properly serviced.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by dahunsy(f): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2017
Coughs***clears throat# And u can cut ur life short like this dude in fast n furious..... Someone shud pls help me out with his name cry
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by kingreign(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Jabioro: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2017
Speed is good provided you do that correct state of mind.. When the road is free, I spend between Berger and Ibadan toll gate 40-45minutes.. I can maintained 130/150 per hour balance.. to me is still on moderate speed, but if I wanted to turn it on I made it to... my level
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by abbey621(m): 8:02am On Jun 16, 2017
The only reason for speeding is because you live in a lawless country! Go abroad and try this rubbish and you'll find yourself with more fines with the possibility of jail time because you'll definitely end up killing someone one day or running over a mailbox. Na 9ja you dey so nothing do you, lawlessness is hereditary grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by itskings: 8:07am On Jun 16, 2017
Hi guys ch3ck out my new blog = http://vevo.com.ng
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by wizkidblogger(f): 8:08am On Jun 16, 2017
smh
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by ikorodureporta: 8:19am On Jun 16, 2017
Highway To The Grave
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by Emmerlee(m): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2017
harmless011:
120km/hr is not over speeding, on a normal road I don't do less than 140km/hr and I don't feel like I'm on top speed. If u can't control a vehicle comfortable at 120km/hr then your driving license should be revoked.
Smh.. this is how we talk with emotions and make little sense. This comment should not have been made as it might mislead some people.
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by scantee(m): 8:22am On Jun 16, 2017
#Teamspeeddrivers# 120km/ hr and above or no driving @ll.

#Godsaves#

Disclaimer: if your driving any vehicle model below 2009 model abeg ooo go on 80kph lolz
Re: 6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) by NicoBaba(m): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2017
dope.. More accelerator to my elbow....... to my foot rather.. Shana si

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing New Cars From The 2019 Geneva Motor Show / Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? / Upgrading 03/04 Corolla To 05/06

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.