Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) (38210 Views)

UNILAG Finalists Celebrate In A Convoy After Their Final Exam / Yabatech Students Was Arrest And Detained By Unilag Security / Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by oodua1stson: 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
When action come now JuJu go turn am to real gun
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

Licensed to carry a gun ??

I need some of that stuff you've been smoking

In my 13 years of living in the USA, I've never seen a strapped security guard, what do you think security guards are ??

Even the UK police do not carry guns

Were you born on the highway because that's where most accidents do happen
Why do you love passing your message with insults

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
linearity:

There are armed security guards in the USA, you just have to undergo the training and get an open carry permit license for states that required licenses, but for states that do not require license for open carry, just do your training and you are good as golden.

Cops in the US do not protect prevent businesses and personals like in Nigeria and for some critical businesses and individuals, who need the added security, they approach private security firms and can request armed security guards...FYI: Most high profile celebrity bouncers and body guards are armed...but the intricacies of US inter-state open carry permits, make them not to be armed in all states...but, there is a way you can do it, to get open carry for majority of states in the US.

100% valid and factual comment.
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by omoISEYIN(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
He his not Unilag security. That's Civil Defence Corp, their post is just outside the skool gate, heading towards bariga.
take a stroll to New Hall, where gallant legion make use of short gun, for Shodeinde goons.
I miss Shodeinde-makama madness.
Greatest Akokite!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by Moneyyy: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Chai! Dis 1 weak me
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by Raiders: 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

In my 13 years of living in the USA, I've never seen a strapped security guard, what do you think security guards are ??

I have seen lot of armed security guard. It depends on your state law tho but the state I reside at in USA; they allow security to be armed as long as they are licensed and have fire armed training
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by MetaPhysical: 4:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

Universities in US have campus police and jurisdiction power. They are licensed to wear side ammo of no more than 9mm calibre. They have a higher grade shotgun or rifle secured in the trunk of their car and are only permitted in cases involving a lock-down to bring out the rifle.

Certain class of security men also carry gun in US, depending on what asset they are protecting. For instance the security of Federal Buildings is contracted to private security firm and they carry ammo. Bullion vans security guards carry ammo.

In Unilag, we will be over-policing to issue ammo to security guards. This security guard in the picture has ambition...he wishes he had a gun so he could display power, the wish come true for him with the wooden replica in his hand. This was not officially issued, the discretion to carry a wooden pistol is this man's alone. He has ego problem, and I can imagine if he indeed was allowed to carry a true gun how much authority he will impose on innocent students.
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by oke4surekid: 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
Noooo, Noooo, this is Civil defense Corpse stationed by the gate for the community and not UNILAG Security, unilag security uses light blue uniform... hope u guys can see and your brain is not asthmatic.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

Americana

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by linearity: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

Bouncers you said

Have you seen a university security guard with a gun ??

Have you seen a Mall cop with a gun ??

I'm licensed to carry a gun but i can't bring my gun to school, you can't enter the school premises with a gun

Yes you can enter school premises with your gun and even students are allowed to carry guns. Like I said in my initial response, it depends on the open carry law in that particular state, the fact that your state does not allow it, does not mean that is the law everywhere...there is no federal law in the US preventing one from carrying gun into schools or preventing a mall or university cop from carrying one.

It is therefore left to each state to decide how restrictive or the lack thereof they want to go...most North East States have taken the more restrictive route. I am also a licensed gun owner, but live in one of the most restrictive states. However, most Southern and Western States like Texas, Wisconsin, Utah, Kansas, Arkansas, Colorado and a hosts of others have taken the lest restrictive route and they allow open carry in Schools, I believe up to 18 states in the US do allow open carry in school, google should be able to lay this out for you.

Yes some Mall & University Cops carry guns, but not the rank and files...some of the more senior Mall cops do...Even in states with restrictive open carry laws, Mall cops are allowed to carry, if the owner can make a business case for it, during the application process and they pass the necessary training.
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by muyibaba222(m): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
Dannys85:
[sub][/sub] LASU security guards carry pump action guns.
maybe the school is a criminal hideout. It's normal in an environment like that.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by oladcity(m): 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
Everything in uniform in Nigeria just wants to carry a gun. If not, at least something that looks like Arun.
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by MetaPhysical: 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
linearity:

Yes you can enter school premises with your gun and even students are allowed to carry guns. Like I said in my initial response, it depends on the open carry law in that particular state, the fact that your state does not allow it, does not mean that is the law everywhere...there is no federal law in the US preventing one from carrying gun into schools or preventing a mall or university cop from carrying one.

It is therefore left to each state to decide how restrictive or the lack thereof they want to go...most North East States have taken the more restrictive route. I am also a licensed gun owner, but live in one of the most restrictive states. However, most Southern and Western States like Texas, Wisconsin, Utah, Kansas, Arkansas, Colorado and a hosts of others have taken the lest restrictive route and they allow open carry in Schools, I believe up to 18 states in the US do allow open carry in school, google should be able to lay this out for you.

Yes some Mall & University Cops carry guns, but not the rank and files...some of the more senior Mall cops do...Even in states with restrictive open carry laws, Mall cops are allowed to carry, if the owner can make a business case for it, during the application process and they pass the necessary training.

Correct!
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by graychuks(m): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
Op that's not a unilag security officer.
...abeg verify you info well.. By the way he was probably waiting for a bus.. That's a civil defence officer..

By the way unilag security officers D carry real guns.. .come to Sodeinde, new hall
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by ShylockConsults: 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
75% SCHOLARSHIP FOR TOURISM AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT AT NEAR EAST UNIVERSITY.

We are please to inform you that one of our Partnering University-Near East University is giving 75% Scholarship to Students into the Department of Tourism and Hotel Management.
Interested Persons should send Us the under listed Documents for Evaluation.

REQUIRE DOCUMENTS
For Masters Program
1. Data Page of International Passport.
2. Transcript
3. Degree Statement of Results
4. O Level Results
For Undergraduate Program
1. Data Page of International Passport
2. O Level Results
(Send Scan Copy of these Documents to the Email Below)
Applications into other Departments are accepted on 50% Scholarship.

Note that we can also process Your Admission into Other Top Universities.

For more Info and to put in your Application.
Email: shylockconsults@yahoo.com
Call +905488793304, +905338577830
Web: www.shylockconsults.com
Whatsapp: +2348069069532
Instagram: shylockconsults

Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by RaptorX: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

You must have lived 13 years in the US in your dreams if you have never seen armed security guards. All the federal buildings in DC and other cities are protected by armed private security not police.
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by Makavelli099(m): 7:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
he was not wielding the gun, he probably most have seen it lying somewhere or seized it from someone ..as u can see he was not showing it of, a clear indication she seized it or saw it lying around.

a jobless fellow certainly had taken a photo of him from the back.
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by salesforce: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
Ha
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by Elijahhopelarry(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=ChangetheChange post=57543034] grin grin grin

Security men in UNIBEN and Auchi Polytechnic carry PUMP ACTION cos they know boys are not smiling
[lol..
very true ]
Re: UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) by dam007(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2017
DeadPresident:

It was a typo

Why would i wanna come to Nigeria ??

And you had the audacity to quote me with your Pidgin English

Stay suffering
its pointless wasting precious time arguing with a moronic good for nothing piece of sh!t like you! who the hell do you even think you are?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Gifts 4 First Class Law Students Wigs And Gowns / UNIZIK ‘Spider Man’ Lecturer Excites His Final Year Students As He Signs Project / Is This What A Primary School In Ondo State Looks Like? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.