Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) (13008 Views)

Man Kills And Buries His Best Friend In Ebonyi Because Of N3m Million (Photos) / Policemen Arrested At A Bank While Waiting To Extort Men Of N1 Million. Photos / Delta Pastor Caught With Tramadol, Guns, Ammunition And N4 Million (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by aminulive: 4:11am On Jun 16, 2017
The Nigerian Customs has announced the seizure of illegal goods worth N607 million. Politics Nigeria learnt that customs officers with the Federal Operations Unit (FOU) ‘A’, intercepted smuggled goods with a Duty Paid Value (DPV) of Three Hundred and Thirty-Four Million, Forty Two Thousand, Three Hundred and Ninety Six Naira, Eight kobo (N334,042,396.cool only between the months of 1st April to 12th June, 2017.

The Controller in charge of the Unit, Comptroller Mohammed Uba Garba made this known to newsmen on Wednesday, 14th June 2017, while giving an account of his stewardship since he assumed office.

Garba said the Unit also recovered Two Hundred and Seventy-Three Million, Six Hundred and Seventy-Five Thousand, One Hundred and Thirty-Eight Naira, Seventy-Five Kobo only (N273,675,138.75) from duty payments and demand notices on goods that tried to beat the system and 10 suspects were arrested in connection with the seizures in the period under review.

He further mentioned that 152 different seizures were recorded comprising vegetable oil, foreign parboiled rice, frozen poultry products, smuggled vehicles, India hemp, used tyres and general merchandise Six Hundred and Seven Million, Seven Hundred and Seventeen Thousand, Five Hundred and Thirty Five Naira, Fifty Five Kobo only (N607,717,535.55) between the month of April 1st to June 12th 2017 making it a landslide in recent times.

“You will agree with me that smuggling is a global phenomenon which cannot be curbed entirely but can be brought to its barest minimum. I have to praise the commitment and diligence of the officers and men of the unit for thwarting the antics of some dare-devil smugglers, who used different methods for concealment” he said.

Compt. Uba said the Unit also intercepted 384 parcels of Indian hemp concealed inside six bales of second-hand clothing from Ghana along Iyana-Ipaja road. In the spirit of inter-agency relationship, the suspects and the contents were handed over to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for prosecution in a court of competent jurisdiction.

“Based on intelligence report, the Unit have seized five containers that contravened Customs law over false declaration and breach of import prohibition list by trade. Two of the containers were laden with 4,982 pieces of used tyres, while others were laden with 1,292 pieces of vehicle batteries and piston ring compressors”

He thanked the management of the Nigeria Customs Service under the leadership of Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) for the motivation and support that led to this great feat.He also called on Nigerians to support the anti-smuggling drive of the service, as this will encourage our indigenous industries and create job opportunities for Nigerians.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/06/16/customs-impound-smuggled-goods-worth-n607-million/

1 Like

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by ademoladeji(m): 4:22am On Jun 16, 2017
Why taking the risk smuggling contraband into the country?

#loss

1 Like

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 16, 2017
Will they now burn all these stuff? Custom is one the most corrupt organization in Nigeria angry

9 Likes

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by olaniyi0(m): 5:08am On Jun 16, 2017
And they will burn this huge money sad sad
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by smardray(m): 5:12am On Jun 16, 2017
U bera epp nigeria with this marney, remember dollar will stil go up today o
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2017
shocked

Thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by Emmyloaded2: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by fpeter(f): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2017
How dis one go solve our problems?
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by konyd(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2017
OK good work lads
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by ItsawrapOutfit: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2017
That's a whole lot of money
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by Gandar: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by burkingx(f): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2017
grin...
Compt. Uba said the Unit also intercepted 384 parcels of Indian hemp concealed inside six bales of second-hand clothing from Ghana along Iyana-Ipaja road. In the spirit of inter-agency relationship, the suspects and the contents were handed over to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for prosecution in a court of competent jurisdiction.

1 Like

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by okra181: 9:37am On Jun 16, 2017
Ncs is stronger under bubu
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by Segadem(m): 9:38am On Jun 16, 2017
olaniyi0:
And they will burn this huge money sad sad
see you, they burn to camouflage and sell the remaining to enrich their accounts grin
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 16, 2017
Good Job guys, We can reduce our importation costs by taking stiff restrictions on smuggling.. Nigeria can be out of recession if we can stop importing luxurious goods but essentials... Our Balance of Payment has been unfavorable all these.. We need to start exporting on a larger scale through mining, agriculture etc... Youths are everywhere but no job, the FG should make sure that NYSC members are divided into two categories mainly teaching and agriculture.. Diversification will help us a lot...
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by itsRhamzy: 9:39am On Jun 16, 2017
Gbese re o... Owners of the merchandise must be lamenting right now..
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2017
Biggest thief
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by desmond2pk: 9:44am On Jun 16, 2017
I deal on auto parts and I specialize on car keys.
Recently I bought some keys from US. Mainly Honda keys, Old Toyota keys, Ford keys and others. The costs of the keys are still on the online website that I bought the keys which I will attach some of them here. some of the keys were supplied by a friend who apply the same trade in Chicago United States and we agreed that I would pay him $480, equivalent to N166,500 after I have sold the keys.
On 7th of this month, a lady called me from Mushin post office that my parcel arrived and I should come with N281,000 to claim my parcel. I asked her why I should pay N281,000 for a parcel that I used to pay N1,500, she told me that she doesn't know because the charges is from customs. She referred me to Shomolu post office. Because I was In Abuja, I had to send a letter of authorization to my wife to go there on my behalf and act on my behalf. When she got there, she was advised to write a letter of reassessment to the custom officers that did the first assessment. She wrote the letter and submitted it to the manager at shomolu post office.
We expected something positive because I strongly believe that the charges was given in error. The officers wrongly assumed that I was a car importer and the keys belonged to cars I imported. Because I can't see any reason anybody can charge me N281,000 on a parcel that is not more than 3 kg. Some of the keys are not worth more that N5,000 in our ladipo MARKET.
Right now the parcel is with them at the post office. I do not have the numbers of the custom officers but I sure have the number of the manager shomolu post office. I believe through her you can get in touch with the custom officers who billed me N281,000 for a parcel of keys that are not up to $500.
I can be reached on this phone numbers. 08137606444 or 08146282886.
Below are some of the keys and their prices from the online shop I bought them.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Desmond. I
Shop 42, 169 Ladipo street Mushin. Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by nwamabo247(m): 9:48am On Jun 16, 2017
Very soon all those goods will still end up in the market.useless country.make the owners no go into kidnapping oo.#Remenber evans experince.

1 Like

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by matrixme(m): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2017
stop putting your money in MMM, virtual coins or Custom marked contraband items. You will loose the money, sleep and time spent haggling over how to recover back your money.
I help clients invest in aquaculture, without doing the dirty work.( It is not actually dirty though, ask those tending pigs)
Aquaculture is the fifth most lucrative agribusiness plan in Nigeria currently.
Get across for more details.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by patroccini: 10:19am On Jun 16, 2017
Why is it that no contraband is ever caught from Katsina border or the borders from the north. Just thinking out loud
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by nedu2000(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2017
Customs/police/SON are actually killing our economy and adding to the suffering of nigerians
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by FBIL: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2017
OrestesDante:
Will they now burn all these stuff?
Custom is one the most corrupt organization in Nigeria angry
Burn wetin? Give them 2 days and they would call a new dealer to buy everything at a cheaper price, yet they won't account for the government because the assumption is that the goods have bn set ablaze. No wonder we pray pray 4d country but God no dey answer.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by donqx: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
good
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by chngebeginwthme: 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
fpeter:
How dis one go solve our problems?

And how will the smuggle good solve solve your problem?

Mind you have problem so stop using our problem..
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
FBIL:

Burn wetin? Give them 2 days and they would call a new dealer to buy everything at a cheaper price, yet they won't account for the government because the assumption is that the goods have bn set ablaze. No wonder we pray pray 4d country but God no dey answer.

lol grin
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by Garrirevenge(f): 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
They say we are over 180 million Nigerians. And I think one of the few ways Nigeria can progress is if 30 million Nigerians die. Now don't get me wrong, I am not praying or wishing for war. Rather, I estimate that our nation have at least 30 million evil people we can do without to have peace. The ritualists who would kill a 7 year old boy or his innocent mother to become rich. The herbalists who demand for blood, head or private parts to make people rich. The kidnappers who ruthlessly kidnap, demanding insane ransom that drains the entire purse of innocent families. The politicians...well, let us not even bother to take a census here, 99% of them won't survive the cut. The 'Lolo' who takes a 9 year old innocent child and forces her into prostitution for her selfish gains. The heartless people who make fake drugs knowing fully well that the fake would hurt or kill innocent folks. That one idiot you find in almost every community now in Nigeria. The one everyone knows is the ringleader terrorizing the community, robbing homes, stealing bags and phones from innocent folks, raping innocent girls, yet no one dares report to the police. And the police, ah the police, yes the police force. Let me not give percentage, so I won't be arrested today. I 'jejely' pass on this. The judges who sell justice to the rich and mighty, but with speed will jail the poor common man. Plus so many more evil men and women. Now you would see that my estimate of 30 million might even be moderate. Too many evil people abound in our society. The standard excuse is to blame the society as a reason why they indulge in such. The pathetic part are those of us who aid such an excuse with the constant 'nothing is working'. Even in hell fire, some are employed legitimately. The Devil employs the services of those who go about whipping those hell was made for. That should tell you that no matter how terrible and wicked a place might be, legitimate work abounds if only you seek. So this day I pray for my dear nation, that wherever those evil people are IF THEY DON'T REPENT, may they all have heart attack, collapse and die so the rest of us can have peace. AMEN. © OmòBùHáRí
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) by billagreen(m): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
I wonder why there must always be custom charges on everything and it adds up to make the price of the commodity high
like if you want not custom charges on goods

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court To Hear Igboho’s ₦5 Billion Suit Against Malami, DSS Today / "I'm The Defender Of The Defenseless": Dolapo Badmus, Fans React / UNICAL Bursar, Protocol Officer In DSS Custody Over Plan To Kidnap VC Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.