Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Damaged Butterfly - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Damaged Butterfly (23245 Views)

The Last In The Butterfly Series / Damaged By The System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 1:14am On Jul 19, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Aisha walked into the compound.She found Bina sitting at the verandah.
"Bina,i'm glad i found you" Aisha said but Bina glared at her and hissed.
Aisha was bewildered.Talking to Bina could be difficult but she had to do it anyway.
Aisha heaved a sigh and stood hands akinbo.She approached Bina at the verandah and sat close to her.Bina was awake,she sat there staring at the beautiful starry sky.She didn't utter a single word.Aisha coughed and cleared her throat.

"Look Bina,i'm sorry for judging you.You saw me with a man and you have every right to be upset with me.You think i'm a hypocrite but that is not the case.I actually care about you Bina" Aisha said.

"You care about me?" Bina scoffed.

"Yes,you are like a sister to me"

"Stop it Aisha,just stop it.Let me clarify something.I am not your sister.We are just friends and you cant tell me how to live my life,i dont need a baby sitter."

"Bina listen to me.If you keep doing what you are doing you are likely to get hurt.You think you are doing yourself a favour by collecting money from those men you follow but believe me,one day they are going to have their way with you.You will get pregnant and they will dump you in the cold to suffer.You dont want that kind of life Bina,do you?" Aisha asked.

"Ofcourse not but why are you telling me this.You seem to speak from expirience."

"Yes."

"Tell me,why did you leave Kano?"

Aisha wiped the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I left because i had to.My life was a mess."

"What happened?"

"There is this boy i love.His name is Obinna.We fell in love,it was exciting and intriguing.Obinna is my first love.My father was an authoritarian,he tried to force me into marriage but Obinna opened my eyes to see the light.He taught me to see life from a whole new perspective.He loved me very much but...."

"What happened?"

"We made a mistake and i got pregnant."

"You got pregnant?"

"Yes.I tried to abort it.I took abortion pills without his consent and the drugs affected me in a bad way.I almost died.My father blamed Obinna.He abducted him and tortured him until he became comatose.I later gave birth to a baby girl but my life was a mess.I had destroyed my reputation and the society stigmatised me.I had to leave Kano.I left my daughter behind,penned a letter and disappeared."

"Did Obinna make it out of the coma?"

"I dont know.He most likely did."

"Aisha i cant believe you turned your back on your own family.You left your daughter.I hope you'll return to them one day."

"Yes i will go back but i have to put my life back in order first."

"You still love him,dont you?"

"Who?"

"Obinna."

"Yes i still love him and i want to see him again.I have to move on but there is a difference between moving on and letting go.I haven't let go."

"Aisha,i'm so sorry.I didn't know you passed through all these things."

"That is why you need to be careful.You dont want to ruin your life like i did.You have to cut off the ties you have with those men you've been hanging out with."

-------------

The next day at the restraunt.Bina did exactly as Aisha instructed her.
Her regular customer came in on his usual time.But Bina ignored him completely.The man waited and waited but he did not get the attention he wanted.
When it looked like Bina was never going to give a hoot about him,he became angry.He approached her and tried to talk to her.
"Baby girl,you've been ignoring me since i came in.What's your problem." he whispered to Bina.

"It is over between us.I dont want to have anything to do with you again.It is over" Bina replied.

The man got angry.His countenance changed and he glared at Bina with bloodshot eyes.

"You cant do this to me.After all the money i spent on you.You think you can just end the relationship?....it's not over." he retorted.

Bina did not talk to him again.
She walked away and went about her business in the restraunt.She never loved the man,he was old enough to be her father.
The man was flabbergasted and crestfallen.He stormed out of the restraunt banging the door behind him.

"You did it,Bina you got rid of him." Aisha said.

The two girls joked and laughed as they went home.Bina was finally free.She felt like a load had been lifted off her shoulders.

"Dont worry Bina,this is just the begining.Those nasty men wont disturb you again" Aisha told her grinning from ear to ear.

"Thank you for everything Aisha.I'm really grateful." Bina replied.

They took a shortcut so that they could get home faster but that was not to be.

Suddenly a car pulled up in front of them.Two men jumped out.Bina recognized them and made to run but they grabbed her,and put her in the trunk of the car.
It happened so fast.Aisha wanted to scream but one of the men rammed his fist into her face.The blow knocked her out and she staggered and fell.She felt dizzy and she watched helplessly as the car drove away.

1 Like

Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 1:29am On Jul 19, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Aisha watched as the car zoomed off with Bina in the trunk.
One of the men glared at Aisha from the window.

"Your friend Bina messed with the wrong man,she messed with the wrong man and she is going to pay for it" he bellowed at Aisha.

Aisha recognized the man.It was the one at the restraunt.Bina had ended their relationship,the man was hurt and hell bent on getting his pound of flesh.Bina was in big trouble.

Aisha stood up from the ground,her legs wobbled.She was weak.
She felt a warm sensation on her head.She touched the affected area and withdrew her hand only to find blood on her fingertips.
She was bleeding.The men must have given her a very powerful punch.She staggered and fell on the ground.Her eyes closed.
------------------------------------------
When she woke up,she found herself in the hospital.A nurse was standing near her bed.Aisha groaned in pain.She touched her head.It was wrapped in bandage.

"You are finally awake" the nurse whispered.

Aisha tried to get up but the nurse held her back.
"You need to relax,you have a concussion."

"A concussion?" Aisha asked.

"Yes,we cant discharge you until we're sure you are okay." the nurse replied.

"My friend Bina,she was abducted.I need to find her,i need to...."

The nurse cut her short.

"We know what happened.Some eye witnesses reported the incident to the police.They are working on it.But you need to try and remember everything that happened.The police is working on a lead and they need some information from you.I'll call the doctor."

Aisha groaned.She was having a severe headache.She closed her eyes and tried to recollect details of the incident.She could still remember the face of man who abducted Bina.He was a regular customer at the restraunt and she could pick out his face anywhere.
She blamed herself for Bina's misfortune.She had underrated the enemy.She thought that Bina's breaking up with the despicable fellow would be the end of the matter.She had no idea that the man was very dangerous.She hoped that Bina was still alive.She dared not imagine what her assailants would do to her.She prayed that Almighty Allah would protect Bina and help find her.

The door opened,Madam Oby and Detective Tunde entered the room.

"Aisha" she said."Oh my God are you alright?" Madam Oby asked.

"I'm alright." Aisha replied.

"The police told me everything.I cant believe that Bina was abducted." Madam Oby bit her lower lip and shook her head.

Detective Tunde walked closer to Aisha and touched her head.
"The men that took your friend,do you know them?" he asked.

"Yes.One of them is a regular customer at the restraunt." Aisha replied.

" A customer at my restraunt?!" Madam Oby asked.

"Yes.Bina had an unholy relationship with him.They were very close,the man used to flirt with Bina everyday at the restraunt.
I did not approve of their relationship.The man is old enough to be Bina's father.I talked to Bina,i persuaded her to break up with him and she did."

Madam Oby mumbled something incoherent and hissed.

"And then the man deemed it fit to come back to deal with Bina for breaking up with him.Some men are heartless." she said.

"Is there any other thing you can tell us." Detective Tunde asked.

"Yes.Bina and i were heading home.We took a short cut so we could get home quicker.A car pulled up and two men came out."

"Can you describe the car?" Detective Tunde asked.

"Yes.It's a red Bettle.The car looked old and rusty.There was a crack on the back windscreen."

"What about the men?"

"They wore black.One of them looked younger and the other is middle aged.He's tall,muscular and hairy.He is bearded and the former is clean shaven."

"Thank you for that information Aisha."

Detective Tunde made to leave but Aisha held his hand.

"Please tell me you are going to find Bina" She said.

"We will do everything we can to find Bina." Tunde replied.

"That is not enough.You need to promise me.Promise you're going find her and bring her home,alive."

Detective Tunde heaved a sigh and stood with hands akinbo.

"I promise you.We will find your friend and bring her home.Nothing will happen to her."

"Good." Aisha replied.
Detective scribbled something on a sheet of paper and thanked Aisha.
"I'll be back." he said as he left the room.

The nurse administered some drugs to Aisha.The headache was gradually disipating.
Detective Tunde returned shortly with some goodnews.
"I placed a call to the station.They were able to find a match for your descriptions.I think we have a location." he said.

"What does that mean?" Aisha asked.

"An eye witness spotted a red Bettle parked near an uncompleted building.It matched your description.I'll take a team of officers and we'll check it out." Detective Tunde replied.

"Dont worry,we'll rescue Bina."
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 1:40am On Jul 19, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Bina opened her eyes,she found herself lying on the floor in a small room.She was tired and hungry.She looked around her and tried to recollect what happened to her.
Her memories started coming together and she remembered going home with Aisha,a car pulling up and two men abducting her.
She was afraid.The room was cold and poorly lit.Bina stood up and looked around her.The room was completely empty.She sighted a door,approached it and tried to open it but it was locked.Her fears increased and she was desperate to get out.She shook the door with all her strength but her effort was futile.She gave up hope.
Bina sat at a corner and thought about her predicament.If she had listened to Aisha and stayed away from randy men,she wouldn't have been in this situation.

The door swung open and a man walked in.Bina recognized him.

"Lawal,why did you do this?...why did you abduct me?" she asked.

Lawal walked closer to Bina,his bloodshot eyes were terrifying.He held a stick of ciggarate in his hand.A smirk played on his face.Bina was afraid.She couldn't believe that she had been moving about with a dangerous man.This was the same man that gave her money everyday and showered her with gifts.But now as she looked at him,all she saw was the devil in human form.There was no escape.She had to beg for mercy.

"Lawal,please let me go" Bina pleaded.

Lawal glared at Bina and burst out laughing.It was obvious he was under the influence of hard drugs.

"I loved you Bina.I took care of you,gave you money,bought gifts for you and how did you return the favour?.....You suddenly decided to end our relationship.You walked out on me for no good reason" Lawal growled.

"I was right to walk out on you.You never loved me,you're just a randy old man who likes young girls." Bina replied.

Lawal was flabbergasted.He fumed with rage and his breathing was uneven.He landed a resounding slap on Bina's face.
Bina wanted to cry but the anger,she felt overwrote the tears.

"I spent so much money on you and you betrayed me.Too bad your judgement day has arrived.If you want to get out alive,you will refund every last penny i spent on you." Lawal bellowed.

"I owe you nothing" Bina retorted."Do you hear me?...I owe you nothing.You can go ahead and kill me.I have nothing to loose."

Lawal's was boiling with anger.He left the room and came back with two fierce looking men.They were armed with cutlasses.

"I will teach you a lesson you'll never forget" Lawal said as he slowly unbottoned his shirt.
"I treated you like a friend but you gave me nothing in return,not even a taste of your overrated teenage cunt.I will Bleep you so hard until you beg for mercy and then i will kill you slowly."

Lawal unbuckled his belt and pulled down his trouser.His manhood stood firmly like an iroko tree.The size alone was enough to send shivers down the spine of any girl.

Bina tried to escape but Lawal's thugs held her firmly.
Lawal quickly unbottoned Bina's shirt.He removed her bra and marvelled at the sight of her succulent breast.

"Let me go Lawal,let me go!" Bina screamed but Lawal didn't give a hoot about her tantrum.
He removed her skirt and tore her her pant.He sighted her kitten and laughed like he had won a medal.
He licked his lips and grinned mischievously.He dug his head on her crotch and licked her kitten like ice cream.

"Lawal please dont rape me,i beg you in the name of God."
Lawal chuckled.

"There is no God.Even there is,he's not in this room."
Lawal was about to penetrate Bina's honeypot with his 12 inch joystick but he stopped abruptly when he heard the sound of a gun.
Suddenly the door gave way. Detective Tunde and his seasoned cops barged in unannounced and pointed their guns at Lawal and his crew.
The Hot vagabond scrambled to his feet.He was flabbergasted and he stared at the cops with his mouth agape.
Lawal's thugs attempted to pull out their pistols but the cops quickly opened fire and moments later,they lay lifeless on the floor.

"The game is up mister man,your 12 inch monster ain't getting anywhere close to that girl.Now put your hands up where i can see them." Tunde bellowed.

Lawal was a cunning man.He knew he would go down but he was determined to take Bina along with him.

He acted fast and grabbed the poor girl.He aimed his gun at her head.

"Take one step closer and i'll blow her head off!" he retorted.
Detective Tunde and his cops stopped abruptly.Lawal had nothing to loose,Tunde took his words seriously.

Suddenly Bina charged at Lawal.He was taken by suprise and did not fire the gun on time.Bina knocked it off his hand as they stumbled and fell.
She quickly grabbed a knife lying on the floor and started stabbing the riffraff with every ounce of anger in her body.
She continued stabbing him,his blood was oozing out profusely and it stained her body.
She continued stabbing until Tunde stopped her.
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 1:49am On Jul 19, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
"Bina stop!" Detective tunde cried and held her hand.
Bina suddenly came back to her senses.The knife dropped from her hand.She looked at the lifeless body of Lawal.Blood was splattered on the spot where his body lay.Bina stared at her hands,it was drenched in blood.
The scene was gory like a horror movie.

Detective Tunde shook her from her sea of thoughts.
"Look at me Bina,look at me" he said.
Bina gazed at him and heaved a sigh of relief.She hugged him as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Oh my God!...i thought i was going to die..."

Tunde cut her short.

"It's alright Bina.It's over now,it's over" he whispered.

Tunde fumbled in his pocket and fished out a handkerchief.He wiped the tears streaming down Bina's cheeks.
An ambulance arrived and the three dead bodies were wrapped in a body bag.
It wasn't long before Aisha came.
She was so happy to see Bina.

"I thought something bad has happened to you.I hope they didn't hurt you severely.Are you alright?" Aisha asked.

"I'm alright." Bina replied.

Poor Bina.She was thoroughly shaken by the incident.She barely smiled.She asked for for a bowl of water to wash her blood soaked hands.When the water was brought to her,she spent almost 30 thirty minutes scrubbing her hands.She kept her face down and she sat in a corner lost in the sea of thoughts.
Aisha read the woebegone expression on her face and queried Detective Tunde.

"You saved her life but she doesn't look happy.What is her problem?" she asked.

"Aisha your friend just killed someone for the first time in her life."

"It was self defence" Aisha argued.

"I know it's self defence but taking a life for the first time is no child's play.It's going to take a while before Bina comes around.I think she needs counselling." Tunde replied.

A call came in on his landline phone.

"Excuse me for a moment.I have to answer this call."

Aisha pitied Bina.She approached her and wrapped her arms around her.

"It's okay Bina.Everything is going to be okay."
Bina started sobbing.
"I thought i was going to die.I was afraid.For the first time in my life i stood face with face with Death"

"But you survived and that is all that matters.You need to take your mind off your predicament."

"He nearly raped me.I was so scared."

"It's allright Bina.Everything is going to be allright."
Detective Tunde came back after answering his call.He gazed at Aisha and Bina.
"Can i drive you girls home?" he asked.
"Ofcourse" Aisha replied.
They got into his car and they set off.Tunde didn't utter a single word.He had a lot on his mind.His assignment was coming to an end and he didn't want to mess it up.
He deliberately drove past Aisha's home.

"What are you doing? Aisha asked.

"Driving" he replied.

"You just drove past the house.Where are you taking us?"

"I'm taking you to see someone." Tunde replied.

"Who?" Aisha asked.

"Dont worry Aisha,we're almost there."

"I dont understand.Where exactly are we going."

"Aisha calm down."

"How do you expect me to calm down.You're creeping me out."
Tunde ignored her and continued driving.He navigated his car into a large field.He parked and killed the engine.The field was empty and Aisha got more confused.

'Why would Tunde bring her here?' she thought as she alighted from the car.
Moments later,another car pulled up in front of theirs.
Aisha was bewildered.

"Aisha what is going on?" Bina asked.

"I dont know." Aisha replied.

The door of the strange car swung open and the driver came out.He wore a police uniform.Aisha thought he must be Tunde's friend.The driver walked to passenger's side at the back seat and opened the door. Two men slowly came out.One was younger and the other was old.
Aisha was flabbergasted.Her legs wobbled and she nearly fainted.
"Oh my God!" she exclaimed.
The passengers of the car approached Aisha and stopped abruptly.The older one wore an Agbada and his shoes shone.The happiness on his face knew no bounds.The younger one was equally happy.
The old man smiled.
Detective Tunde heaved a sigh of relief.
"This is it Aisha.My assignment is complete."

"Aisha who is this?" Bina asked.

Aisha wanted to speak but imaginary lump in her throat prevented her.Everything felt like dream to her.She wasn't sure whether to believe it or not.

"Aisha talk to me.Who are these men?" Bina asked.

"That......is....my.....father."

"Your father!" Bina exclaimed."What about the young man?"
"That....is Obinna.My first love."
Obinna was so happy.He was dumbfounded.He never thought he would see Aisha again.
Alhaji Abubakar hugged Aisha and laughed with joy.

"Aisha my daughter.It's good to see you again."
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 2:02am On Jul 19, 2017
cheesy
The story is a little bit far from over.We still have 20 chapters to go.

cry
I have great plans for Aisha and Bina.Their greatest challenge has just begun and Bina's adventure with randy men kinda triggered it.

Fair warning though.The next 20 chapters is gonna touch the heart.
I'm gonna lay bare the upcoming INJUSTICE.

1 Like

Re: Damaged Butterfly by Aydot992: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2017
Cant wait
Re: Damaged Butterfly by queenitee(f): 10:52am On Jul 19, 2017
SaviTar:
cheesy

cry
I have great plans for Aisha and Bina.Their greatest challenge has just begun and Bina's adventure with randy men kinda triggered it.

Touch the heart? Don't let anything happen to them please
Re: Damaged Butterfly by swankmee(f): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2017
SaviTar:
cheesy

cry

Ahhh oga... Please don't break my hrt.... don't let something bad happen to Aisha and obinna the've gone through alot.

More ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Damaged Butterfly by kelvinhilton(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
SaviTar:
cheesy

cry

No qualms, Am ready for the rough ride..*bukles seat belt*... I think I ave a soft spot Bina she really a brave girl.
Re: Damaged Butterfly by pasroland: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
You are doing a nice job, keep it up
Re: Damaged Butterfly by germaphobe(m): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2017
we ride boss, side by side
Re: Damaged Butterfly by Akazeta(f): 10:00am On Jul 20, 2017
INTERESTING...
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

An awkward silence hung in the air.Their heartbeats could be heard in the interlude.Suprise was written all over their faces.
Aisha was dumbfounded,her heart was racing.She tried to speak but she couldn't.

Detective Tunde heaved a sigh and stood with hands akinbo.
Bina couldn't say a word.The tension in the air compounded her bewilderment.

Obinna was suprised and happy at the same time.He never thought he would see Aisha again and now there she was,standing in front of him.She had lost weight and the lovely braids she once wore had been removed for a low cut.She looked poor and ordinary.
But the beauty was still there.Her face radiated like the morning sun and her skin glowed with flawlessness.

Alhaji Abubakar was relieved.It has been 11 months since he last saw his only daughter.The joy he felt was immeasurable and insurmountable.He walked closer to his daughter and embraced her.
It was a sight to behold,father and daughter wrapped in a loving and heart melting embrace.
Alhaji was touched,tears streamed down his cheeks.

"I never thought i'll see you again.You shouldn't have left." he said.

"I missed you too." Aisha replied with tears in her eyes.

"When you left,i was totally broken.I slumped into melancholy and insomnia took over.I couldn't sleep,i was so worried and so...."

Aisha cut him short.

"It's alright.Everything is going to be alright."

Aisha turned her gaze to Obinna.The boy she loved was no longer a boy.He looked fresh and handsome as ever.He walked closer to Aisha and hugged her.

"It's good to see you again Aisha" he said.

"It's good to see you too" Aisha replied.

"Your father and i have been torn and broken without you.We thought we would never see you again.Your father was the most hit by your absence."

"What happened?"

Obina paused for a moment and looked at Alhaji Abubakar.The man smiled and nodded.

"It was not easy for your father.He was very melancholic.He stopped going to work.He would spend his days at the bar,drinking.He became hypertensive and emotionally unstable.When it became worse.I had to take him to the hospital.His blood pressure was dangerously high but i never gave up on him.I stood by him through thick and thin and together we weathered the storm.
We started searching for you.We spent so much money,making hundreds of missing-person- posters.The police worked tirelessly and finally we got goodnews.The Nigerian Police branch in Lagos contacted us and now here we are.
Everything is back to normal.My father got rid of his addiction to alcohol and my life is moving forward like it should be.You can come back to Kano and start over,be with your daughter...."

Fresh tears streamed from Aisha's eyes.It all looked like everything was going to end well until she dropped the bombshell.

"Obinna,i miss you so much but i cant go back to Kano."

Alhaji and Obinna were flabbergasted.

"You cant come back to Kano?...Why?
Aisha you have to rethink.Your daughter needs you.Nneoma needs her mother."

"I miss my daughter and i want to be with her.I want to give her the motherly care she deserves but..."

"But what?" Obinna asked.

"So much has happened.My life has been messed up..."

Alhaji Abubakar interrupted her.
"Your life is not only thing that was messed up.My life was messed up too.If not for Obinna,i couldn't have ended up worse.But i was able to pick up the peices and i pulled through.The fall of a man is not the end of the world.As long there's life,there's hope."

"I understand what you mean but i cant go back to Kano.Sometimes when things get broken,it cant be fixed.Even it gets fixed,the cracks would still be there."

Alhaji shook his head in dissapointment and sighed.

"I think i understand why you dont want to come back.Kano is not the problem,we are." he said.

"Yes you're right.I cant be around you and Obinna because you both are a constant reminder of my mistakes.Anytime i see you,i remember the trauma,the pain and the suffering i passed through.This is something i have to deal with before i return." Aisha said.

"Come on Aisha.I know you passed through a lot,we all did.But you have to come back to Kano.We will help you deal with with your emotional trauma."

"Look father,it's not that easy.The pain has healed but scar remains.I'm trying to take my mind off it and staying away is the best thing for me."

"I have something that might change your mind" Obinna said.

"What is that?" Aisha asked.

Obinna did not reply.He walked to car and opened the door to the back seat.He came out moments later with a baby in his arms.

"If you are going to leave us,maybe you should see your baby first." Obinna said.

Aisha was dumbfounded.Tears streamed down her cheeks as Obinna handed the baby over to her.

She held the baby in her arms and tickled her infant cheeks.

"My beautiful baby,my beautiful Nneoma.I'm sorry for not being there for you."
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

"She is beautiful just like you" Alhaji Abubakar said.

"Yes she is?" Aisha replied.

"You will do Nneoma a very big favour if you come home." Obinna said.

"I'm sorry but i have made myself clear.I will definitely come back home but not now,i have to sort out myself first."

Alhaji Abubakar heaved a sigh and shook his head in dissapointment.

"By this time next year,Nneoma will celebrate her first birthday.We will throw a nice party for her but all we ever wanted was for her mother to be by her side."

"Stop it father,you're making this difficult for me.This is not the time for me to go back to Kano."

Obinna cut in.

"But it is definitely the time for you to come back to your daughter.Aisha please take a look at your daughter and consider your next move.Nneoma needs you,she needs her mother."

"I know but now is not the time..."

"Aisha during our time together,you once told me about your mother.She was an Igbo woman and she died in the 1966 Kano massacre.You were still a baby when she died.You grew up with no mother figure in your life and i know it must be very hard for you.That is why you need to think again.Are you going to sit back and allow your daughter grow up without her mother?" Obinna said.

"I cant do that.My daughter needs me but you need to understand that she needs a strong and reliable mother,not one who is haunted by memories of the past and taunted with emotional trauma.My daughter needs a better me.I'm not good enough for her yet."

Obinna sighed in dissapointment.There was no need convincing Aisha.Her mind was made up.He looked at her and wiped the tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I guess this is goodbye?" he asked.

"Obinna you cant talk like that,it's not like i'm not going to see you again." Aisha replied.

Alhaji Abubakar walked closer to Aisha and placed his hands on her shoulder.

"Then promise me,Aisha,promise me that you will return.I dont know when you are going to come back but i need you to make me this promise."

Aisha placed her hand on his cheek.

"I promise you,i will return." she said.

Obinna came closer and the trio wrapped their arms around each other in a warm and heart melting embrace.

Aisha kissed her baby on the forehead and smiled.

"I will come back for you Nneoma,i promise" she said.

She handed the baby over to Obinna.

"You are going to take good care of her." she said.

"Of course" Obinna replied.

Alhaji Abubakar approached Detective Tunde.The two men shook hands.

"You did a nice job detective.I'm really grateful.I know this whole thing must be stressful for you and i know i'm asking too much..."

"Just get to the point" Detective Tunde said.

"I need you to watch over my daughter."

"I'll do my best."

They shook hands again.

Aisha embraced Obinna again and kissed him this time.

"I know that we have been through a lot but i just want you to know that;deep down....in the bottom of my heart,i still love you."

"I love you too." Obinna replied.

Aisha,Bina and Detective Tunde watched as Alhaji and Obinna entered their car and zoomed off.

"Goodbye,i'll see you again,i promise." Aisha shouted as she waved her hand.She continued waving until they were out of sight.

Back in Detective Tunde's car,no one uttered a word.The car was enveloped by an awkward silence as Tunde drove down the streets of Ajegunle.
Everybody was lost in the sea of thoughts.
Tunde was thinking about how he was going to watch over Aisha.He had just accepted one hell of a job.
Bina was beside herself still trying to figure out why Aisha turned her back on her family.It seemed absurd and downright crazy.
Aisha felt like a stranger to her.She had suddenly realized she didn't know her very well like she had always thought.
Meanwhile Aisha was secluded in her own shell,thinking about her ageing father,her hearthrob Obinna and her baby Nneoma.
She had admitted to herself that she couldn't tell exactly when she was going to see them again.

Their journey on the road could have been complete.But suddenly a big truck hit their car.
The collision was so strong that their car somersaulted a few times.
Aisha heart skipped a beat during the somersault.Their car lay upside down afterwards.
She opened her eyes and looked around.The smell of petrol leaving from the car filled her nostrils and alerted her.The car would burst into flames very soon.
She unbuckled her seat belt and crawled out.She tried crying for help but her voice was weak.
She managed to stand up but her legs wobbled and she staggered like a drunk.
The truck that hit their car had stopped.The doors opened and some men came out.Aisha couldn't make out their faces,her vision was blurry and she felt dizzy.
One of the men went to the crashed car and pulled out Bina.

"We found her,we found the girl!" one the men exclaimed.
"Hurry up boys,there's a pound of flesh for the taking!"
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
More updates to be posted tonight.
Re: Damaged Butterfly by germaphobe(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
this is serious
Re: Damaged Butterfly by Akazeta(f): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
I'm waiting really patiently. Kudos!
Re: Damaged Butterfly by queenitee(f): 12:15am On Jul 27, 2017
Mehn
Re: Damaged Butterfly by Akazeta(f): 6:59am On Jul 27, 2017
[b][/b] WAITING..
Re: Damaged Butterfly by Aydot992: 8:58am On Jul 27, 2017
Waiting
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2017
cry

Damn....i have not posted for 6 days now and i feel really bad.
Please bear with me,my phone fell into water and i have been trying to get it repaired ASAP.

The goodnews is....A friend of mine just lent me his phone for a couple of weeks.

Sit tight and relax....updates must be posted tonight....and every single day until the story ends.

1 Like

Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Aisha opened her eyes.She had a headache and her eyes were adjusting to the dazzling light that streamed through the windows.
She tried to move but she found out that she was tied to a chair.
She struggled all she could but the ropes were very strong and her efforts were futile.
Aisha looked around her.The room was big.It looked more like a workshop.Aisha found Bina at the far end of the room.She was tied to a chair just like Aisha.
It seemed she was still out cold from the incident.

"Bina wake up" Aisha called out to her.

Bina groaned and opened her eyes.She looked around her and flinched.Fear was written all over her face.

"Aisha where are we?" Bina asked.

"I dont know" Aisha replied.

"How did we get here?"

Aisha sighed and shook her head.

"We had an accident.Our car got hit by truck.It somersaulted and..." Aisha paused."That's all i can remember."

"Did you see who was driving the truck?" Bina asked.

"No" Aisha replied."This whole thing is a suprise to me.We're in danger and we need to get out of here."

"What about Detective Tunde?" Bina asked.

"I dont know.I woke up and i found us here,i dont know what's going on but it looks like we've been abducted."

"Abducted by who?"

"I dont know."

A door swung open and a man walked in.He was clad in suit and a sinister smile played on his face.
He clapped his hands as he walked in.
Aisha and Bina stared at him with eyes full of terror.
The man stopped clapping and chuckled mischieviously.He fumbled in his chest pocket and fished out a pack of ciggarates and a lighter.

"I have been listening to your conversation.I know that you're scared and confused but everything will be revealed and all that fear disipate." he said.

"Who are you?" Aisha asked."What do you want with us?"

The man laughed hysterically and shook his head.He stuck a stick of ciggarate in between his lip and lit it.

"Why did you bring us here?" Aisha asked.

"You still dont get it,do you? He asked."Why dont you ask Bina,she has the answers you seek."

The man glared at Bina with bloodshot eyes and bellowed.

"Bina,why dont you enlighten your friend."

Bina was silent.Her heart was racing.She was sweating profusely.
An awkward silence enveloped the room,their heartbeats could be heard in the interlude.

"Bina who is this man?...What is going on here?....Tell me." Aisha said.

Bina looked down,trying to avoid Aisha's inquisitive gaze.

"Bina who is this man?" Aisha asked again.

"This is Joseph,Lawal's brother" Bina replied.

"Who is Lawal?" Aisha asked.

"Lawal is the man that kidnapped me before...."

The man glared at Bina and cut in.

"Lawal is my brother and you killed him.You stabbed him severly with a dagger until he bled out and died."

Bina had had enough and she flared up.

"Your brother kidnapped me,he tortured me and he tried to rape me.He deserves what he got.He deserves to die...."

Bina's words irked Joseph and he walked closer to her and rammed his clenched fist into her face.

"You dare not talk trash about my brother.Watch your tongue and i will guarantee you a quick and less painful death." he bellowed.

"You know i'm right about your brother.He deserves what he got." Bina said.

"My brother loved you with all his heart.He treated you like a sister.He gave you everything you wanted but how did you repay him?...You suddenly decided to break up with him.You just rejected him with no good reason.You broke his heart and he cursed the day he met you."

"And what did Lawal do about it?
He abducted me and tortured me.
Is that a good way to treat a lady?"

"No,but that is the right way to treat a she-devil and you my dear,are a she-devil."

"Yes i'm the she-devil.I killed your brother.I stabbed him till he bled out.He died gruesomely in my hands but what are you going to do about it?....Are you going to keep scolding me instead of taking action?...Why not pull out your gun and kill me?"

Joseph pulled out his gun and aimed at Bina's forehead.A part of him wanted to avenge his brother by killing Bina but the other part of him did not want to kill her immediately.His hands was shaking.He was trying to fight the urge to pull the trigger.

"Do it.Just pull the damn trigger but dont forget it is me you want not my friend.So you are going to kill me but you are going to let my friend go." Bina said.

Joseph nearly pulled the trigger but then he stopped abruptly and laughed.

"I underestimated you Bina.You are such a clever bitch.You are tempting me to kill you now and let your friend go.Never!...A quick death is the last thing you deserve.I will make you suffer until like never before,until you beg for mercy." he growled.

The door swung open and two hefty looking men with dreadlocks stroded in.

"Go sharpen your knives" Joseph told them."We have two lovely skin to peel."
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER FORTY

Aisha had always nursed hope of getting out of this dilemma but now her hopes looked more like a pipedream.

"Bina,they are going to kill us" she said.

Joseph laughed.He threw away his ciggarate and stood hands akinbo.

"I'm not going to just kill you girls.I'm going to peel your skin,bit by bit until you beg for mercy.You will beg me to end the misery,the pain.You will beg for a quick death.A wise man once said that vengence is best served cold and now i will avenge my brother.Better say your last prayer because you're not getting out of here alive." Joseph growled.

He stroded out of the room and slammed the door behind him.Aisha could hear the sound of metal scratching a hard surface.The men were really sharpening their knives.The end was near.There was no escaping it.

"They are going to kill us,Bina they are really going to kill us." Aisha bellowed at Bina with eyes full of fear.

Bina didn't say a word.She kept her head down,staring at the floor.

"Bina did you hear me?...I said they are going to kill us.This is the end." Aisha said.

"What do you want me to say Aisha?" Bina retorted.

"You got us into this mess."

"I know,i got us into this mess and we are about to die.What else do you want me to say,that i'm sorry?...Sorry wont change a thing."

"I warned you about questionable relationships with randy men but you wouldn't listen.Now look where we have ended up.First it was Lawal and now his brother?"

Bina tried to speak.She wanted to apologize for her mistakes but the words eluded her.She relaxed on her chair,staring into space.She was lost in deep thoughts.
She remembered leaving her family to come to Lagos.She had high hopes and expectations and so did her family but now it was all for nothing.She had an irrestitable taste for money and her love of money attracted her to men.The type of men she hung out with had no limit as long as the money was available.
Aisha was the only one who saw the dangers in Bina's escapades.She had warned her but now it was too late.Nemesis had caught up with her.She was heading straight to her waterloo and she had dragged Aisha along with her.

"I'm sorry,i'm really sorry" Bina finally apologized.

Aisha looked at her and hissed in disapointment.

"Your words are useless to me.You've said it before.Sorry wont change a thing." Aisha replied.

"Aisha it's not over,i'm going to try to get you out of this mess."

"You mean the mess you dragged me into?" Aisha retorted.

"Yes..erm..I know that this is all my fault.I admit.You warned me about those dangerous men but i dindn't listen.I will definitely go down today but i dont want to drag you along with me.I will try my best to bargain with Joseph so that he can let you go.I promise."

Aisha didn't say a another word to Bina.She had given up hope.There was no way out.

Joseph and his boys barged into the room afterwards,brandishing their sharp knives.

"Look here Joseph.I need you to listen me." Bina tried to get his attention but Joseph ignored her.

"Please,this is not how things are supposed to go." Bina said.

Joseph stopped abruptly and laughed.
"Tell that to my dead brother." he said.

"Yes i know i killed your brother but i'm the only one you want.You need to let my friend go,she has nothing to do with this." Bina pleaded but Joseph turned a deaf ear to her pleas.

"As long as she's your friend,she has everything to do with this." he replied.

He took out a knife and smiled mischievously.

"Revenge is a beautiful thing and now i will avenge my brother" he said.
He lifted the knife above his head and was about to inflict the deepest of cuts on Bina but he stopped abruptly when one of his boys stroded into the room.

Sir,you have a caller...on the telephone." the boy said.

Joseph dropped the knife and went out of the room.He picked up the ringing telephone and put it to his ears.

"Hello,who am i speaking to?" he asked.

"You know who it is" the caller replied.

Joseph recognized the voice.

"Oh...Dike...how are you?"

"I'm not fine,you owe me money,lots of money and you are yet to pay."

"Dike relax,i'll pay you as soon as possible.I just need more time,i'm still mourning my brother."

"I'm sorry about your brother,may his soul rest in peace but i need that money as soon as possible.If you dont pay me,i'll have your head on a silver platter."

Joseph took out his handkerchief and wiped the beads of sweat on his face.

"Dike take it easy.I'll pay you in few days time."

"I cant wait anymore.I need that money tomorrow."

"Okay but...erm..i have a business proposal for you.Something that will make up for the money."

"What is it?"

"Are you still taking young girls to foreign countries?"

"What do you mean?"

"The human trafficking ring..Is it still active?"

"Ofcourse it is.Why do you ask?"

"I have two young girls,not more than 19 years of age.How much will they go for in the human trafficking market?"

"Bring them to me.Let us negotiate."
Re: Damaged Butterfly by queenitee(f): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
OMG!!!
Re: Damaged Butterfly by MightyFortress: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
OP, you are a good writer and a better story teller, except for a few discrepancies here and there... I feel these make it to look more story like and less life like..

You mentioned someone picking a call on a cell phone in your story... Cellphones In 1983 Not so common place.

Aisha was allowed to sleep at the restaurant to beat coming late.. Later the detective started dropping her at home... And she was on the way home with Bina before the 1st abduction...I need clarification...

Aisha sounds too educated and world wise to have been a 13-15 year old butchers daughter...

The story has a lot of "American flavour"...
Words like cops are not common in the Nigerian dictionary...

Restaurants in Nigeria don't sell glasses of wine... at least not to the best of my knowledge....And not the kind of restaurant u described owned by madam Oby....

And some more...

Hope you get my drift?
Corrections are needed cos this story is good enough to be publi
shed

1 Like

Re: Damaged Butterfly by dhamilorlah(f): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
this story is about to take another twist
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
MightyFortress:
OP, you are a good writer and a better story teller, except for a few discrepancies here and there... I feel these make it to look more story like and less life like..

You mentioned someone picking a call on a cell phone in your story... Cellphones In 1983 Not so common place.

Aisha was allowed to sleep at the restaurant to beat coming late.. Later the detective started dropping her at home... And she was on the way home with Bina before the 1st abduction...I need clarification...

Aisha sounds too educated and world wise to have been a 13-15 year old butchers daughter...

The story has a lot of "American flavour"...
Words like cops are not common in the Nigerian dictionary...

Restaurants in Nigeria don't sell glasses of wine... at least not to the best of my knowledge....And not the kind of restaurant u described owned by madam Oby....

And some more...

Hope you get my drift?
Corrections are needed cos this story is good enough to be publi
shed

Aisha used to sleep at the restraunt until the accident which involved Detective Tunde....after she spilled drinks on him.Madam Oby told her to go home...it was temporary but she continued going home everyday BECAUSE she had a scuffle with Bina and she needed to sort it out.Bina was misbehaving and Aisha needed to talk sense into her,she finally did...but she continued going home in order to strengthen their relationship plus Aisha was also keen to look out for Bina....Bina is like a sister...and Aisha wanted to keep her closer and monitor her properly...that is why she stopped staying at restraunt.

About the cell phone...in 1980s police carried 3-channel radios that were about the size of a brick. This handheld radio, their car radio, and any phone they could find were their only communications sources in the days prior to the advent of cell phones and other sophisticated devices.....i always knew this....but not all my readers will understand how these handheld radios work...,btw not everybody understands 1980's technology....so in order to carry all my readers along and not confuse them...i used cell phones...the one we all know and understand.

About restraunt serving wine....
Madam Oby's restraunt is the biggest in Ajegunle and when i say 'wine'...i'm not talking about champagne and modern wine we drink...i'm actually refering to palm wine and other locally made gin.....(i will modify)..restraunt in 1980's did serve wine..(apart from palm wine)...but not just the kind of wine you see today....btw Nigerian Breweries were already active in 1980's and yes....wine...both local and international,were very much in circulation in those days....and it is not that expensive that Madam Oby cannot afford it.

About the American Flavour....i did not live in 1980's....i was born in 1999 and i grew up to understand American Flavour very well.
It has influenced me and it is very difficult for me not use it....indeliberately.
It has been in my head for years.
And when i see the police...the first word that comes to my mind is 'cops'....and whenever i'm writing...that syndrome affects me....FORGIVE ME.

I am really going to publish this story...when i gain enough knoledge as a writer.I intend to study English and Literature in the uni....and when i'm done...i'm gonna dig up every story i ever wrote on paper plus Damaged Butterfly and i'm gonna rewrite it in a formal way for publishing.

Damaged Butterfly is my first story on internet and i'm writing it so that the idea will not escape ....so any mistake i make is just a stepping stone....a kind of preparation for my dream as a well known as literary icon like Adichie,Achebe dem.

Your criticism is welcome....infact...i need it as growing writer...in order to improve.

When i'm done with the story...i'm going modify it.

Damaged Butterfly is going to be my debut work as full blown novelist one day...(hopefully).

YOUR CRITICISM IS IMPORTANT
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
More udates coming up@midnight.
Re: Damaged Butterfly by MightyFortress: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2017
SaviTar:

Aisha used to sleep at the restraunt until the accident which involved Detective Tunde....after she spilled drinks on him.Madam Oby told her to go home...it was temporary but she continued going home everyday BECAUSE she had a scuffle with Bina and she needed to sort it out.Bina was misbehaving and Aisha needed to talk sense into her,she finally did...but she continued going home in order to strengthen their relationship plus Aisha was also keen to look out for Bina....Bina is like a sister...and Aisha wanted to keep her closer and monitor her properly...that is why she stopped staying at restraunt.

About the cell phone...in 1980s police carried 3-channel radios that were about the size of a brick. This handheld radio, their car radio, and any phone they could find were their only communications sources in the days prior to the advent of cell phones and other sophisticated devices.....i always knew this....but not all my readers will understand how these handheld radios work...,btw not everybody understands 1980's technology....so in order to carry all my readers along and not confuse them...i used cell phones...the one we all know and understand.

About restraunt serving wine....
Madam Oby's restraunt is the biggest in Ajegunle and when i say 'wine'...i'm not talking about champagne and modern wine we drink...i'm actually refering to palm wine and other locally made gin.....(i will modify)..restraunt in 1980's did serve wine..(apart from palm wine)...but not just the kind of wine you see today....btw Nigerian Breweries were already active in 1980's and yes....wine...both local and international,were very much in circulation in those days....and it is not that expensive that Madam Oby cannot afford it.

About the American Flavour....i did not live in 1980's....i was born in 1999 and i grew up to understand American Flavour very well.
It has influenced me and it is very difficult for me not use it....indeliberately.
It has been in my head for years.
And when i see the police...the first word that comes to my mind is 'cops'....and whenever i'm writing...that syndrome affects me....FORGIVE ME.

I am really going to publish this story...when i gain enough knoledge as a writer.I intend to study English and Literature in the uni....and when i'm done...i'm gonna dig up every story i ever wrote on paper plus Damaged Butterfly and i'm gonna rewrite it in a formal way for publishing.

Damaged Butterfly is my first story on internet and i'm writing it so that the idea will not escape ....so any mistake i make is just a stepping stone....a kind of preparation for my dream as a well known as literary icon like Adichie,Achebe dem.

Your criticism is welcome....infact...i need it as growing writer...in order to improve.

When i'm done with the story...i'm going modify it.

Damaged Butterfly is going to be my debut work as full blown novelist one day...(hopefully).

YOUR CRITICISM IS IMPORTANT

Noted, Carry on.... Less than 20 yrs old and writing like this already? You're good.. You are going places, Kid... I can imagine the research you put into your writing... But dont let your head swell... You are still a product in the works... Heading in the right direction.
Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

"I'm sorry for everything that has happened,Aisha i'm really sorry" Bina said to Aisha when Joseph had left the room.

"There's nothing you can say to make me feel better.Sorry wont change a thing."

"I know but i just dont want to leave anything unsaid."

"What are trying to say?"

"Since we about to die,i just feel like pouring out my heart right now."

"Say what you want to say and make it quick."

"Aisha,i just want to say thank you."

"Thank you for what?"

"I'm grateful for everything you have done for me.The time we spent together,the words of advice you gave me and the concern you've shown towards me.You are like a sister to me and you have done more for me than i have done for myself these past months.You have always looked out for me and i wish i could repay you but i guess it's too late.I should have listened to you,if i did,we wouldn't be in this mess.I brought this on us,this is all my fault and i am ready to take the fall for my mistakes.But you dont deserve this,you deserve better and you must not suffer for my mistakes."

"This is not the time for an emotional speech.We both know how this is going to end".

"One way or another,i'm going to get you out of here.I promise." Bina said.

The door swung open and Joseph stroded in.
"Please i'm the only one you want,just let my friend go." Bina pleaded.

Joseph ignored her but Bina continued .When it looked she was never going to stop pleading,Joseph approached her.He glared at Bina with bloodshot and growled menacingly.He took out his knife and brandished it in front of Bina.

"Now look here young lady,we've had enough of your plea.You are not getting out of here.I could have killed you right here but i have better use for you.Now load them in the truck..now." Joseph commanded his boys.

"Where are you taking us?" Bina asked.

"You will soon find out." Joseph replied.

Aisha and Bina were tied up and loaded into the truck.They were blindfolded and could not see where they were going.

Joseph and his men pulled up near the harbour and parked their truck.They alighted and waited until when they saw a car approaching.
The car stopped and the driver got out.He went to passenger's side and opened the door.
A short man with a well rounded pot belly stepped out.
He threw away the ciggarate in his hand and smiled the moment he saw Joseph.

"I thought you'd never show up" he said.

"I was always going to show up."Joseph replied.

"I'm really sorry about your brother,family is strong thing and loosing a brother is not too easy to get over." the man said.

"Lawal was the stubborn type.May his soul rest in peace."

"Did you bring the package?" the man asked.

"Yes,two young girls.I know that younger females a very valuable comodity in the human trafficking ring.The price outweighs the amount of money i owe you.So you are going to pay me some money." Joseph replied.

"I agree with everything you say.Now let me see the girls."

Joseph's boys went to truck and came back with Aisha and Bina.

When the blindfold was removed,the sunlight dazzled their eyes for a moment.Aisha was suprised,she saw Joseph with a strange man and wondered what they could be discussing.A rope was tied around her mouth and she could not speak.She could only listen and grab something from the conversation.

"These girls are very important to me,i know what i went through before i could get them.The other one killed my brother" Joseph said pointing at Bina.

"You are saying i must give you a reasonable amount of money." the man asked.

"Yes." Joseph replied.

The pot belly fellow gave a signal to his men.They went back to their car and came back with a briefcase.

"I got the reasonable amount in here.I dont have time to hassle over the price.My ship is about to set sail" he said as he handed the briefcase over to Joseph.

Joseph opened the briefcase and marveled at the sight of wads of naira notes neatly stacked in it.
He beamed a satisfactory smile and his eyes shone with greed.

"You can take the girls.It's been a pleasure doing business with you." Joseph said as he shook hands with the man.

A helpless Aisha and Bina were observing everything with keen interest.It was clear to them that they would not be killed.
Aisha wondered why Joseph would exchange them for money.
Everything seemed strange to her,it felt they were being tossed like a ball from one minefield to another.

They watched helplessly as Joseph drove away with his men.

"It's over.Now let's take this girls to the ship." the pot belly man commanded his men.
Bina and Aisha were bundled into a car and they zoomed off.

Few minutes later.They arrived at the other side of the harbour.
A big cargo ship was waiting.

The men suddenly pulled out a syringe and injected them with a powerful sedative.Aisha and Bina became weak as they were carried into the cargo ship.They saw no more,they heard no more.

1 Like

Re: Damaged Butterfly by SaviTar(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
DAMAGED BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

When she woke up she found herself in a cage.She looked around her and everything that happened flashed back into her mind.She reckoned she was in the cargo ship.Her heart skipped a beat and beads of sweat streamed down her face.The cage was dark,dirty and the stench of a dead rat filled the air.She took a deep breath and stood up.The after effect of the drug she was injected with was still in her system,her head ached and she felt weak.She staggered to entrance of the cage and shook the bars vigorously.Her efforts were pretty much futile.
She shook the bars vigorously again,this time to attract the attention of her captors.

"Stop!" a voice filled the dark cell.

Aisha turned around in fear.She realized she was not alone.

"Who is there?" she asked.

Her attention was attracted to the right side of the cage as a figure came into view.It was a girl.Her skin was pale and her eyes were half shut like she was drifting into sleep.Her hair was dirty and unkempt.She wore a dirty dress that should have been white.When she stretched out her arm into Aisha's cage,Aisha nearly screamed in fear.She took a few steps back and gaped at the stranger with eyes full of suprise.

"What?..you look like you've seen a ghost." the girl said.

Aisha wanted to speak but the words wouldn't come out.

The girl heaved a sigh and shook her head.
"Stop shaking the bars,you are making so much noise.And stop staring at me like that,haven't you seen a human being before?" she asked.

"Uh..erm...i'm sorry...i..erm..didn't know you were there" Aisha stammered.

"You know now" the girl replied.

"I'm just too taken aback right now.Some men took me.They injected me with something and it seems like i'm on a ship?" Aisha asked.

"Stop asking questions you already know the answers to" the girl replied.

Aisha shook the bars again more vigorously.

"I told you to stop that" the girl said.

"I need to speak with my captors.I have to get out of here.My friend Bina she....."

The girl cut her short.

"There is no getting out of here and stop shaking those bars.I'm trying to get some sleep." she said.
"I'm not suprised,this is what happens when they bring in a new person."

Aisha stopped abruptly when she heard the girl's last sentence.

"New person? Aisha asked."What do you mean by new person?...Are you saying there are other captives too?...What is really going on?"

A big iron door opened and a man walked in.He flicked a switch and the entire hall was illuminated.
Aisha stepped back in horror.The hall was large.She could see everything now.There were dozens of lined up cages housing women and young girls.It was a horrific sight to behold and Aisha stood gaping.The man that entered the room approached Aisha's cage.His eyes were red with too much weed and he looked like a drug addict.He carried a gun and his countenance sent the message to Aisha.

"Stop shaking the bars or i will deal with you" he growled.

Aisha didn't say a word.The man quietly stroded out of the room and shut the iron door behind him.

When he was gone.Aisha cast an inquisitive look at the girl.

"What is going on here?" she asked.

"Those men are human traffickers" the girl replied.

"Human traffickers?...i heard about them on the radio and they are on the newspapers too...they kidnap people for sale...right?

"Yes...we have been sold already.They are just shipping us to the major buyers."

"This ship,where is it headed?.Where are they taking us?" Aisha asked.

"I dont know...Rumours has it that this ship could be headed for Europe or America"

"What are we going to do when we get there?...Why did they sell us?" Aisha asked.

"I dont know" the girl replied.

Aisha was bewildered and crestfallen.She couldn't believe she had landed into a big mess.It finally dawned on her that things are about to take a turn for worse and there was no hope of getting out.She was trapped.

She scanned the rest of the hall.
There were many girls in the cages numbering about a hundred or more.She couldn't see them clearly.Bina could be anywhere.
She feared for her.

Aisha sank to her knees and shook her head and slumped into soliloquy.

"Human traffickers..Europe..America" she said.

She prayed that it was all a dream and she would wake up in Kano.
But that was not to be,everything looked real.This was harsh reality.
Just when she thought her life was getting bad,it just turned worse.She started thinking about her unfortunate stay in Lagos.
Where did she get it wrong?
What did she do to deserve such pitiful fate?
She blamed herself,nonetheless.
She had the golden oppurtunity to escape such badluck,she could have returned to Kano with her father and all these wouldn't have happened.She cursed the day she met Bina,that girl was the root cause of current dilemma.She had warned Bina but the girl refused to listen and now that she had fallen,she's dragged Aisha with her.

Aisha covered her face with her hands and sobbed.

1 Like

Re: Damaged Butterfly by EvaJael(f): 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
Poor girl. I really pity her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival / Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe / English Speaking Versus Writing, Which Is More Difficult?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 223
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.