Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood (3690 Views)

What's The Essence Of Noah's Flood, When Eventually Evil Will Persist? / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Was Noah's Flood Global Or Local? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by davien(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The evolutionist worldview that you believe in is certainly contradictory to the biblical worldview that I believe in thus your reality will be different to mine but what we have in common is the evidence, the fossil-bearing sedimentary layers. We only see the evidence through our different spectacles.

You believe that those layers took millions of years to form while I believe they were formed as described in the Flood of Genesis chapters 6 - 8.

The result of that Flood was that the waters rose and eventually covered "all the high hills under the whole heaven." As a result of this real historical event we should expect to find billions of dead animals and plants buried in rock layers all around the earth, and what do we find in reality? Billions of fossils of animals and plants buried in sedimentary rock layers all over the earth.

You can see that it did not have to take millions of years, the fossils could have formed rapidly during the year of this catastrophic Flood of Noah.
Apart from your attempts to equate evolutionary geology with faith based creationism I'm happy you at least attempted to think(more or less on this)..

Now at the bolded, you are correct.. Weldon, billions of fossils at sedimentary layers, only one problem...

A global flood would put all fossils in equal strata, not distinct zones that give off the idea of different epochs or periods of time,a global flood would put the remains of a goat,human,dinosaur,trilobyte all in the same layers all over the world, but it doesn't, why?

And one more thing, why is the topology of the earth in different places different when a global flood should create the same features on a global scale?

If indeed this flood happened and we are all meant to accept it as true why doesn't it agree with observation? why doesn't it stand on its own merits?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
davien:

Apart from your attempts to equate evolutionary geology with faith based creationism I'm happy you at least attempted to think(more or less on this)..

Now at the bolded, you are correct.. Weldon, billions of fossils at sedimentary layers, only one problem...

A global flood would put all fossils in equal strata, not distinct zones that give off the idea of different epochs or periods of time,a global flood would put the remains of a goat,human,dinosaur,trilobyte all in the same layers all over the world, but it doesn't, why?

And one more thing, why is the topology of the earth in different places different when a global flood should create the same features on a global scale?

If indeed this flood happened and we are all meant to accept it as true why doesn't it agree with observation? why doesn't it stand on its own merits?

Here are the evidence for a global flood. Check it out and see the reality right there:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/global/worldwide-flood-evidence/
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by davien(m): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Here are the evidence for a global flood. Check it out and see the reality right there:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/global/worldwide-flood-evidence/
All I've gotten from you and even your answersingenesis link are "bible says this and it must be true"..
The link doesn't even refer to peer reviewed geological studies backing up their position, all you get is them referring themselves, have you even read the link yourself? and if so what data convinced you of the position you keep defending blindly?

1 Like

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
davien:

All I've gotten from you and even your answersingenesis link are "bible says this and it must be true"..
The link doesn't even refer to peer reviewed geological studies backing up their position, all you get is them referring themselves, have you even read the link yourself? and if so what data convinced you of the position you keep defending blindly?

If you were truly interested in the evidence supplied in that link the first one would have sufficed, which shows how fossils of sea creatures are found in rock layers high above sea level, but the main reason you will not want to be convinced is that it will compel you to acknowledge the Creator who you think will be preventing you from continuing in your sinful lifestyle. Either you like it or not the inevitable will happen and you will have to account to your Creator. cool
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by ValentineMary(m): 6:58am On Jun 24, 2017
TheNazarene:

Why are you so blind?

Going by the theory of evolution, could fishes have evovled so well to start having aquatic 'niches'?

Maybe there was just one large body of water that was the same everywhere, couldn't it have been so?
I think before you bring up evolution, you should have good knowledge of the theory.
By biblical calculations, the story of Noah happened 5,000 years ago which at the time, many fishes had niches. And I think you totally lost the point here.
Do yourself a favour and assimilate information before you comment.

1 Like

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by ValentineMary(m): 7:00am On Jun 24, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Read the OP and come up with plausible answers. cool
I actually came up with plausible answer to the person I quoted.
Honestly I'm beginning to think that the understanding of English language is our problem here.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by TheNazarene: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
ValentineMary:

I think before you bring up evolution, you should have good knowledge of the theory.
By biblical calculations, the story of Noah happened 5,000 years ago which at the time, many fishes had niches. And I think you totally lost the point here.
Do yourself a favour and assimilate information before you comment.

You are using biblical calculations to prove your point?

I thought you said the Noah story was a big joke? But you are also saying it happened 5000 years ago, does it make sense to you?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by ValentineMary(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
TheNazarene:

You are using biblical calculations to prove your point?

I thought you said the Noah story was a big joke? But you are also saying it happened 5000 years ago, does it make sense to you?
Jesus Christ!!! What's your problem? I wasn't stating it as a global fact, rather as a view accepted only in Christianity. It was to prove a point.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by TheNazarene: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
ValentineMary:

Jesus Christ!!! What's your problem? I wasn't stating it as a global fact, rather as a view accepted only in Christianity. It was to prove a point.

First, I don't have a problem.

Now, looking at the earth, though salty water that is visible to us is far more than the fresh water we see, they do not mix.

Please, can you explain that?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by ValentineMary(m): 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheNazarene:

First, I don't have a problem.

Now, looking at the earth, though salty water that is visible to us is far more than the fresh water we see, they do not mix.

Please, can you explain that?

Are you being serious right now?
Dude let me break it down to you. According to the Noah's study which is our case study here, they would eventually mix. Dude honestly follow the discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by TheNazarene: 12:00am On Jun 26, 2017
ValentineMary:

Are you being serious right now?
Dude let me break it down to you. According to the Noah's study which is our case study here, they would eventually mix. Dude honestly follow the discussion.

DUDE, break it down by answering my question, why is it that presently salty bodies of water and fresh bodies don't mix?

Is that not a simple question that can be comprehended by you? If not tell me!
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by ValentineMary(m): 4:11am On Jun 27, 2017
TheNazarene:

DUDE, break it down by answering my question, why is it that presently salty bodies of water and fresh bodies don't mix?

Is that not a simple question that can be comprehended by you? If not tell me!
Because fresh water flowing into the estuary is less salty and less dense than water from the ocean, it often floats on top of the heavier seawater. ... The salinity of water in a vertically mixed estuary is the same from the water's surface to the bottom of the estuary.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by TheNazarene: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
ValentineMary:

Because fresh water flowing into the estuary is less salty and less dense than water from the ocean, it often floats on top of the heavier seawater. ... The salinity of water in a vertically mixed estuary is the same from the water's surface to the bottom of the estuary.

Good, very good.
Now, tell me if the bodies of water as "small" as it was did not mix because of the reason you stated above, why do yoy assume that they will mix up if both bodies of water were to be increased significantly?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
ValentineMary:

I actually came up with plausible answer to the person I quoted.
Honestly I'm beginning to think that the understanding of English language is our problem here.

What was the answer? undecided
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

See the answers to the OP in the suggested link below there you will find how true scientists tackled the subject:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/how-could-fish-survive-the-genesis-flood/

Let true scientists answer the question here.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by nlPoster: 11:07am On Feb 23, 2020
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
Interesting development. cool

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by nlPoster: 12:47am On Feb 24, 2020
Elaborate?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by LordReed(m): 8:50am On Feb 24, 2020
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
nlPoster:

Elaborate?

Have you been able to crack the code? undecided
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
How could fish survive the Genesis Flood? God only brought to Noah's Ark representatives of all the created kinds of air-breathing, land-dwelling creatures. How then did freshwater and saltwater fish manage to survive?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by shadeyinka(m): 11:07am On Nov 13, 2020
ValentineMary:

It's being a while I have been online but let me educate you a little. Fishes can't stay in all parts of the sea. If they go to deep, the pressure of the water body kills them, and also the little amount of light would leave them susceptible to predators. And we have fresh water fish and salt water fish. If there is a global flood, the water would mix and the fresh water fish and marine water fish would all die because it's not their habitat. Thus marine life ends.
Let's face it the Noah's story is a big joke.
The salinity of sea water is due to accumulatiom of dissolved salts from river water all over the earth. If Noah's flood took place not too long after creation, it is expected that the salinity of sea water will be very low and almost no difference between the salinity of sea water and river water.

Isn't is scientifically provable that the salinity of seawater is increasing with time?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by BlueAngel444: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
ValentineMary:

It's being a while I have been online but let me educate you a little. Fishes can't stay in all parts of the sea. If they go to deep, the pressure of the water body kills them, and also the little amount of light would leave them susceptible to predators. And we have fresh water fish and salt water fish. If there is a global flood, the water would mix and the fresh water fish and marine water fish would all die because it's not their habitat. Thus marine life ends.
Let's face it the Noah's story is a big joke.
the question is how was the water before and during the flood? If the rain wasn't meant to affect the water or life in it would it?

If you call it a lie then provide answer to this, please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Russia Is Afraid Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / Are Nigerians Truly Religious Or Mere Pretenders? / Yvonne From Girlfriends Now An Evangelist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.