Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

#hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time (1253 Views)

Daddy Freeze Talks Down On #hallelujahchallenge, / Nathaniel Bassey Replies #HALLELUJAHCHALLENGE Critics / How To Praise Your Victory In With The #hallelujahchallenge By Nathaniel Bassey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 17, 2017
Your Hallelujah Challenge Aka Olowogbogboro Is A Nonsensical Waste Of Time, Nigeria Needs Science Challenge, Religion Makes People Delusional, Self-Centred And Damages Reasoning, Influential Media Personality Joy Isi Bewaji Fires Laser-Guided Smart Bombs At Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey.

Nigerian media personality, Joy Isi Bewaji has attacked the ‘ online revival live session’ by gospel singer, Nathaniel Bassey saying it is another waste of time.
Nigerian media practitioner, Joy Isi Bewaji is not happy over the manner Nigerians are making themselves religiously vulnerable following as the trending #hallelujahchallenge a.k.a Olowogbogboro spearheaded by gospel singer, Nathaniel Bassey gathers momentum.

According to Joy, religion makes us vulnerable, self-centred and clearly delusional. It attacks our rational and coherent capacity. She said pastors and religious leaders get away with certain things because Nigerians seem less concerned and not ready to ask questions and find out the truth.Joy further noted that the #Hallelujahchallenge is another waste of time: ‘ this cute online revival will change nothing; even if we gather half the numbers in Nigeria to spread their faith on third mainland bridge and cry out to God (apart from that good feeling that plasters your heart after belting out and sweating on a few hallelujah songs).’

Read below:
“#Rant881
#HallelujahChallenge will succeed bigly in Nigeria. That’s a given. Not a miracle.
Religion is the bedrock of our confidences and convictions.Reinhard Bonnke succeeded in the 90s with his exaggerated revivals in Nigeria.

Adeboye succeeds every first Friday of the month, leaving travelers along Ibadan-expressway pulling out their hair (the irony of that situation: a god worshiping mission that makes people swear and curse in god’s name for hours of traffic they have to suffer just so a few can practice a religion).

Christ Embassy succeeded on Television. No ministry is yet to beat the hours dedicated to Oyakhilome’s theatrics.
Religion succeeds in Nigeria.

If I start a church today, it will succeed. Calling or no calling.Because we are not people given to anything apart from an obsession with things we cannot see or have any control over, whilst all that we see rot away and are destroyed by our innate corruption.

This is the era of knowledge. We are not Israelites under Moses. Salvation has come. Jesus has come and died. What else do you want?

We have had too many spiritual revolutions. What we need is a mental one.You cannot pray Nigeria to greatness. It is impossible for God to move in a country where we allow our police to discard rape cases with the wave of a hand, and our politicians rob us blindly. It is not up to God to save the rot in our educational institutions or fix the drainage on our roads. It’s up to us. And we can’t do any of that on our knees. We get shit done in 2017 by cerebral drudgery.
Religion is like soda. It’s Coca-cola. That drink isn’t going to save anything. It’s feel-good… and like Coke, we are addicted to this feel good process. Every Sunday we go to church to get our feel-good tablet. Then we have to come out of that fix after a few hours and face the issues that have been haunting us for decades, still unsolved. Still in need of a different approach.

Religion makes us vulnerable, self-centred and clearly delusional. It attacks our rational and coherent capacity.Things are moving well in your life and a miracle occurred in your life and you finally got an answer to something that had been bugging you in your life because you prayed. But your prayer doesn’t have the depth or promise to change the problem called Nigeria. Your little success is beautiful. But what does it matter when every part of the country you call home is a wreck.

If you have beautiful lips but your body is ravaged by cancer, what then does it count for – those beautiful lips?

#HallelujahChallenge will succeed bigly. That’s a given. Not a miracle.
Why then are y’all so surprised that you can gather 50,000 people online? Revivals are our biggest achievements. The most educated will bow to a man of God who couldn’t pass his WASSCE exams. It is why we are what we are.

Stop being so shocked that people want to serve God. It is what we do. It is the only thing we do well. When we are done, we go back home and justify a paedophile, or delay the transaction of a debt, or bear false witness. Or choose any of the 100,000 ways to live sinfully. Then the process continues the next Sunday. Like a dark cycle, like playing russian roulette, until your own dark faith and spinelessness kill you.

God, however, wants you to get your knees up and go challenge your Local government for a start. He wants you to write a petition and follow through in regard to Queens’ College. Or choose any 100,000 ways to fix your country.

Try #ScienceChallenge, a hashtag that hopes to promote facts through experiment and observation, and see how far that will go. It definitely will not get 50,000 people questioning why we, a people of over 170million, cannot produce our own malaria drugs.

Do you know if they close the borders of Nigeria we will all die? Over 90% of our daily needs are imported. Even toothpick.
But prayer is the key. Smh.”

https://.com/your-hallelujah-challenge-aka-olowogbogboro-is-a-nonsensical-waste-of-time/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by calberian: 5:23am On Jun 17, 2017
Since you feel a ScienceChallenge will be a better activity, you'd have done well by starting it. And I know you're doing absolutely nothing about it because if you were you won't have time to worry about what else others are doing.

Let me even ask,
Is it your time that the viewers are using? Or is it your device and/or data? Is it your sleep that they're losing? I'm certain that it's not your mouth that they're using?

Op, in your profile, it says "there's no god except . . . ". Has anyone attempted to castigate you, saying you could have used that space better or that your message is unfounded?

Y'all have never spoken out against the thousands of people who spend their nights in clubs and other such places because I'm at a loss as to how such activities help in producing malaria meds in Nigeria.

What am I trying to say? It's simple: until someone comes to, so much as, ask you to join the challenge, mind your own business.

I don't know this Joy Isi girl but since she's into sharing her opinions on what other people are doing and/or not doing, I'll stoop low very briefly here - it's a weekend. Here's a Shether-esque of a piece on her. I kept reminding myself that it wasn't Remy Ma speaking grin

http://feminine.com.ng/2016/09/20/facebook-on-fire-as-omotoyosi-ogunbanwo-eviscerates-joy-isi-bewaji-with-sub-post/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by sonofthunder: 5:32am On Jun 17, 2017
this is how intellectually shallow people badmouth... they have nothing to offer but destructive criticisms.

1 Like

Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by shaunfab: 5:42am On Jun 17, 2017
OP let us not and never belittle what prayer can do. I quite agree with you on the other points raised. What we need is a hash tag like #bethechangeyouwanttosee where Nigerians post photos and videos of selfless humanitarian efforts, environmental protection and green efforts, disease control efforts and other many things that are so wrong with this country, being corrected. It perplexes me when you go to church, pray about the country, pray for its leaders but the rot continues. Alot of issues we pray, cast and bind about just require intense thinking.

Religion, especially Christianity is not about us alone but rather about service to other people. I'd like to challenge everyone who reads this, be the change and stop waiting for some miracle to happen cause it's not. Be the change at work, at home, church, mosque, social media, school, relationship, marriage, family and in society.
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by LalasticSeun(f): 6:28am On Jun 17, 2017
Is it your time they are wasting?
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by Vision4God: 6:45am On Jun 17, 2017
Your own opinion anyway not mine
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by realmindz: 6:51am On Jun 17, 2017
Religion is a measure of the degree of dogmatism of the society
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by photoshoot(m): 7:13am On Jun 17, 2017
LOL! Each with his/her own...
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 17, 2017
calberian:
Since you feel a ScienceChallenge will be a better activity, you'd have done well by starting it. And I know you're doing absolutely nothing about it because if you were you won't have time to worry about what else others are doing.

Let me even ask,
Is it your time that the viewers are using? Or is it your device and/or data? Is it your sleep that they're losing? I'm certain that it's not your mouth that they're using?

Op, in your profile, it says "there's no god except . . . ". Has anyone attempted to castigate you, saying you could have used that space better or that your message is unfounded?

Y'all have never spoken out against the thousands of people who spend their nights in clubs and other such places because I'm at a loss as to how such activities help in producing malaria meds in Nigeria.

What am I trying to say? It simple: until someone comes to, so much as, ask you to join the challenge, mind your own business.

I don't know this Joy Isi girl but since she's into sharing her opinions on what other people are doing and/or not doing, I'll stoop low very briefly here - it's a weekend. Here's a Shether-esque of a piece on her. I kept reminding myself that it wasn't Remy Ma speaking grin

http://feminine.com.ng/2016/09/20/facebook-on-fire-as-omotoyosi-ogunbanwo-eviscerates-joy-isi-bewaji-with-sub-post/

Guess you can see I didn't write/compose that?
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by calberian: 9:37am On Jun 17, 2017
Tiny23:

People are spending their resources to propagate good, you're investing in propagating the opinions of the scum of the earth and you're claiming innocence.

Madam, you're more than guilty by association.

More like guilty by propagation.

2 Likes

Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 17, 2017
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by redarrr(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2017
in this issue, i jst believe anyone shud jst go wit his/her faith.if u think its waste of time,dats ur belief nd if u think its nt waste of time,dats also ur belief..
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by dyze(m): 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
Tiny23:

If you don't believe it, why did you post the trash. Sometimes we need to just mind our own religion without interfering with others.
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by kaptainp(m): 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
Haters getting angry... You can't stop the gospel from spreading...
Re: #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time by NoWorries7(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
Religion is not the problem, but the people ... Nowadays none wants to be a born again or read the bible. They rather sow seed or give the pastors money to pray for them... So they can continue in their sins...And by doing so they fall prey to all the pastors demands and evil tricks... And now becoming a captive, instead of being free. Jesus can to set us free not to lead us into captivity...

(1) (Reply)

No Religion Is Totally False. / Pastor Baths Himself With Mud & Sand In The Name Of Holy Spirit (Photos/VIDEO) / What's Your Proof God Knows You Personally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.