Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself (72334 Views)

How Do I Get My Transcript From OAU / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by dmltoyin(m): 5:49am On Jun 18, 2017
titosantana:
Op, abeg go Lasu, nobody force you
and whats up with lasu
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 18, 2017
Fitzgeralde:

Why should we shun the courses mentioned above? I'm currently pursuing my first degree in the Department Of Geology, O.A.U Ile-Ife.
pls change to another dept or write JAMB again. Avoid most especially Pharmacy and Geology at OAU
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 18, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
The school God has exalted no University of Ibadan can pull down...[s]now bow down your head an Ife Alumni speaks[/s].
rubbish.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by AustinDBeloved(m): 6:43am On Jun 18, 2017
durentchigozie:
pls change to another dept or write JAMB again. Avoid most especially Pharmacy and Geology.
Rubbish! I am a part 3 student of that same department and i have no regret whatsoever. No carryover as well. So just cut that crap

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 18, 2017
AustinDBeloved:
Rubbish! I am a part 3 student of that same department and i have no regret whatsoever. No carryover as well. So just cut that crap
tor. I have said my own oo
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Oluwachinta: 6:54am On Jun 18, 2017
felictorx:
Don't want to say much, just finished my post graduate project there

Edit:
Undergraduates, shun Geology( I laugh in Japanese) Chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmacy. Post grads also. You are warned, run away from those departments, if you love yourself.

Please what about Physics?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 18, 2017
felictorx:
This is a friendly advice especially for post graduates applicants. I have warned you enough. OAU will delay your destiny and brag ontop of that. I can only pity the undergraduates stocked there! A word is enough for the wise!
Thank God I'm done with OAU though I spent an extra year due to strike
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 18, 2017
AustinDBeloved:
Geology department? Hard course with no first-class and feeeeew second class upper.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 18, 2017
bottlewater1:

well this is my own take. I enter OAU through DE in 2010 finish my service in 2017 yet I have no carry over nor extra year one year plus extra instead of five years
How come?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by emaskocoded(m): 7:07am On Jun 18, 2017
This OP is very useless for bringing up such topic, you are only talking about the disadvantages and not the advantages.
If all you are after is being time conscious Unilorin is best for you, but when you after high academic standards in all ramifications you don't need to be told before you hurry down to Oau.
Oau with all their strike is still among the 5 best universities in Nigeria.
#irepoau
#greatife
#africasmostbeautifulcampus

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 18, 2017
durentchigozie:
pls change to another dept or write JAMB again. Avoid most especially Pharmacy and Geology at OAU
So pissed off by this.. I am a finalist and I am doing well in White House, geology precisely... If my department gets proper funding a lot of the setbacks accrued to geology would be down the drain now. The fear of the unknown dissipated by folks all around about Ife geology does more damage than the structural geology,metamorphic petrology courses in themselves. To come and flourish here in Ife geology, just close ur ears to wails of outsiders and insiders alike and forge your dream to excel. I did that, a couple of people did that, and it's been a smooth jolly ride on a hitch free path.. .

4 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Gbengadaniel12: 8:05am On Jun 18, 2017
MedicalSamwise:
OAU
*LAUTECH*
KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY

*ALL THESE SCHOOLS NO BE SCHOOL*
*LAUTECH ESPECIALLY*
*IMAGINE RUNNING A SEMESTER FOR 2YEARS*

If u are an aspirant and u pick lautech, sorry for your life
Yahya Bello don suffer us for ksu ooo
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by RELAN2446(m): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2017
Iamsheye:
what is this one saying sef,go and learn how to speak english first,and dont ever think am dull like you
Lo nd behold, u lack understanding.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by mickeyenglish(m): 8:26am On Jun 18, 2017
Nma27:
Geology department? Hard course with no first-class and feeeeew second class upper.

same thing within the walls of the English department.. No first class and very few 2.1 students..i sha don graduate this year.
you would agree with me that Education from OAU for us was not a joke,though it's not worth it,but from another angle,it was worth every while.My interest in the Arts and Humanities, as well as the Social Sciences has motivated me to want to explore the human beings and their environment in a bid to contribute to humanity itself.Aa a student from the Humanities especially the English language and Literature department ,you discover that your journey from being a mere fresher to an FYB was filled with alot of cruel but rich courses.Courses that would have been better-off if they were departments on their own were crunched together as semester courses to the students detriment and disadvantage(or advantage).

The combination of courses such as Philosophy,literature,dramatic art,and the core English language courses took us to realms of reasoning that were hitherto beyond our reach.OAU as an institution does not drill students to serve the job market because if that was the case,they would have been churning out a higher number of their students with First-class and Second-class upper,rather they forge you to serve humanity and in doing that,the job market comes knocking at your door because you are just too irresistable to ignore.

The numerous strikes we witnessed was just an issue common to the tertiary institutions across the country.Like someone said earlier,"we are a reflection of society,so as our institutions", so do not single out OAU in this ordeal. simply bbecause your school, is on strike does not mean they wont engage in one anytime sooner.No matter the grade you came out with ,OAU ld make you want more out of learning.Though, other universities might have surpassed it in terms of adaptation towards modern ways of learning and administration,but the level of enlightenment you get is unrivalled.You do not know what you are(a goldmine) until you arew outr of there.

Post No Bill..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Ariyke: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2017
Jarus:

I spent 5 years in Ife for a 4 year course. It has earlier delayed my entrance by almost a year due to streamlining of calendar.

So, while folks we wrote 2000 UME together graduated in other universities in 2004, I graduated in 2006.

Guess what? If I had another opportunity, I will still choose Ife for my undergraduate studies.

What I learned from that campus more than compensated.

I have no regrets.
I recently graduated and I completed my programme exactly 4yrs and 3weeks. I thinks it is getting better.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by oracle009(m): 9:03am On Jun 18, 2017
LARRYDKING:

May I ask you sir, if you would be honest, which is the better institution between the two?

Sincerely Sir... I can't say. An experience of both is awesome. Unilag av less rigorous academic environment, more realistic and industrial oriented. Unilag also have recent technologies AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS... OAU is good at hoarding apparatus. UNILAG lecturers don't see you as a rival, OAU ogas see you as a potential competitor, hence you must see pepper before you go.

However, In OAU, u are trained to know how to do it urself. Unilag spoon feed alot... U see der students shaking up and down coz one lecturer refuse to collect their attendance. Oau students tend to be bolder, rugged and hardworking. They are very well exposed to foundational academics but UNILAG expose u to current trends in ur profession.

If I want to employ a teacher, give me an OAU guy
If I want to employ a tutor, give me a UNILAG guy

But in all... Both are good!

#I speak in relation to my field o

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 18, 2017
oracle009:

Sincerely Sir... I can't say. An experience of both is awesome. Unilag av less rigorous academic environment, more realistic and industrial oriented. Unilag also have recent technologies AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS... OAU is good at hoarding apparatus. UNILAG lecturers don't see you as a rival, OAU ogas see you as a potential competitor, hence you must see pepper before you go.

However, In OAU, u are trained to know how to do it urself. Unilag spoon feed alot... U see der students shaking up and down coz one lecturer refuse to collect their attendance. Oau students tend to be bolder, rugged and hardworking. They are very well exposed to foundational academics but UNILAG expose u to current trends in ur profession.

If I want to employ a teacher, give me an OAU guy
If I want to employ a tutor, give me a UNILAG guy

But in all... Both are good!

#I speak in relation to my field o

Wonderful analysis. Thanks for making out time to reply. I'm a unilag undergrad but contemplating which of the big three would suit my quest for postgraduate studies. I really love to see learning as fun, not as the stress oriented form of learning OAU alumni seem to have aquired.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 18, 2017
ShakurMY:
That's why unilorin is still the better by far University in Nigeria. OAU is just been hype, they have the worst academic calender in Nigeria. Proud to be a unilorite grin

Birds of a feather. OAU appears even better than that school whose students are governed under military regime. Even security men without any qualification harass you all like kids. Better attend a sch that prepares you for the real Nigeria, not the one that imbibes fear in you all. Be wise.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by MedicalSamwise(m): 11:22am On Jun 18, 2017
Haatism:

LAUTECH is 90x better than BSU (Benue State University) where all the students are mandated to take elective from Wheelbarrow Pushing Department.
Plus the fact of over admitting without facilities. You 800 M.Sc. Mass Comm. students receive lectures in a 50 capacity classroom. grin
LAUTECH is 90x better than BSU (Benue State University) where all the students are mandated to take elective from Wheelbarrow Pushing Department.
Plus the fact of over admitting without facilities. You see 800 M.Sc. Mass Comm. students receiving lectures in a 50 capacity classroom.

At least u are receiving lectures .... Students have been on the same level since 2015 in lautech

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
durentchigozie:

Especially PHARMACY

U can repeat oh!!!
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by reefah420(m): 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
You value ur time....come to oou
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by arena07: 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
The school God has exalted no University of Ibadan can pull down...now bow down your head an Ife Alumni speaks.
lol OAU is in the league with unilag and co dont compare it with the premier university
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Haryormideh(m): 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2017
By their fruits..........baba it is STUCK... not STOCKED... proud to be a pharmacy student from the premier school of pharmacy.... OAU and others.....
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Haryormideh(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
bojbest:

Especially PHARMACY

U can repeat oh!!!
It depends on ur attitude to it....u can scale Tru without resit or repeat....most times the hearsays kill aspiring candidates b4 dey start d course... It's a nice course ND nothing too big or rigid about it
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Bro u must be an old time wrestling fan. This name Titosantana reminds me of that old time wrestler. Chai cry

The days of Jake the snake, Mr Perfect, Coco beef the wall, Macho man, Bush rockers, Andrew the Giant etc. cry
titosantana:
Op, abeg go Lasu, nobody force you
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
mickeyenglish:

same thing within the walls of the English department.. No first class and very few 2.1 students..i sha don graduate this year.
you would agree with me that Education from OAU for us was not a joke,though it's not worth it,but from another angle,it was worth every while.My interest in the Arts and Humanities, as well as the Social Sciences has motivated me to want to explore the human beings and their environment in a bid to contribute to humanity itself.Aa a student from the Humanities especially the English language and Literature department ,you discover that your journey from being a mere fresher to an FYB was filled with alot of cruel but rich courses.Courses that would have been better-off if they were departments on their own were crunched together as semester courses to the students detriment and disadvantage(or advantage).

The combination of courses such as Philosophy,literature,dramatic art,and the core English language courses took us to realms of reasoning that were hitherto beyond our reach.OAU as an institution does not drill students to serve the job market because if that was the case,they would have been churning out a higher number of their students with First-class and Second-class upper,rather they forge you to serve humanity and in doing that,the job market comes knocking at your door because you are just too irresistable to ignore.

The numerous strikes we witnessed was just an issue common to the tertiary institutions across the country.Like someone said earlier,"we are a reflection of society,so as our institutions", so do not single out OAU in this ordeal. simply bbecause your school, is on strike does not mean they wont engage in one anytime sooner.No matter the grade you came out with ,OAU ld make you want more out of learning.Though, other universities might have surpassed it in terms of adaptation towards modern ways of learning and administration,but the level of enlightenment you get is unrivalled.You do not know what you are(a goldmine) until you arew outr of there.

Post No Bill..
Guy this your Epistle eh....
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
Pedagogue:

@ Felictorx

+

@Statsocial (who's always quick to jump on anti Federal Uni threads in order to support mediocre CU)

Slandering a reputable University without evidence is the most disgusting and unfathomable of all possible verdicts.

See, OAU is not perfect.The school is bedevilled with many problems just like other Universities in Nigeria and Africa. All this talk of 'strikes in OAU' is exaggerated. OAU has not experienced any strike action for close to 2 years or so. Meanwhile, UI and UNILAG that have been experiencing closedowns are not being stigmatised in this way.

You are free to say all you want, but facts are sacred. What strikingly distinguishes OAU from other Universities is the immense opportunities for rigorous academic education and the quality of the Alumni that the school produces.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. OAU Ile-Ife is not for the intellectually faint-hearted, neither is it for the socially over-committed. Rather, the Uni is a perfect fit for students that are academically thirsty, and ready to personally improve their understanding of life.
Why would i jump on Anti Fed uni thread when i might even have to attend one for my MBA. I have no issue with OAU infact I would make it better when i become a policy maker at the federal level. Make no mistake our federal universities are potentially world class and would have been save for the very bad policies and care free attitude of our leaders. However, we must all call out the flaws of some of our fed unis so they can get better. Also, remember i didn't start this thread but an Alumnus of OAU which means it is credible and the issues raised should be addressed.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by aristosoft(m): 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
OAU is one of the most (if not the most sef) articulate universities in Nigeria. Though annoying that they are never in a hurry, I can tell you that it's one of the few schools where most staff have their wards.
You must go thru a very rigorous academic exercise. I learnt things have got better in terms of speed but you can't just escape strike because you are taught to demand, defend and negotiate your rights, even both as student and staff. Its there for you to choose but they just also need to accommodate change, they are also good at adapting speed when the need arises but the lecturers and most especially the non-academic staff are good at frustrating destinies even as against the school policies.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by antysocial: 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
emmasege:
What exactly is your point, OP? I don't think OAU is so strict with their postgraduate programs as they were, years ago. I know of so many people who completed their MSc research programs within 4 semesters and PhD in 6 semesters in the last few years, on that same campus. OAU is not UI or UNILAG where they do short-term projects and mass defence for MSc candidates. In OAU, you do MSc by research which is the style in American and Canadian universities and not the British style adopted by UI & UNILAG. And if your thesis is not examinable, your supervisor will not clear you for defence. It doesn't matter if your class mates have been cleared by their own supervisors.

OAU is only good for research-minded candidates and not those who will want to do their research as if they were part time students, the moment they complete their course works. Such candidates may consider UNILAG or UI.
at least UI and Unilag are better than OAU as of today.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by emmasege: 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
antysocial:

at least UI and Unilag are better than OAU as of today.
How? Please expantiate
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Bookiemart01(f): 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
You didnt even tell us what happened, you just carried your data and laptop/phone to type. Why did your Msc take so long? Did you fail or what? I graduated from OAU and what you just posted does not apply to me.

If you fail, talk am. If lecturers victimized you, say it as it is. Don't come here to paint OAU black without valid point

felictorx:
This is a friendly advice especially for post graduates applicants. I have warned you enough. OAU will delay your destiny and brag ontop of that. I can only pity the undergraduates stocked there! A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Bookiemart01(f): 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
I miss Ife.
I miss her.
I miss OAU.
I miss the risky burgers, those we buy at 1 am.
I miss the events at SUB car park when UBA, Close-up, Nescafé or some other brand comes around.
I miss the shows at Amphitheatre where tickets can't be sold for more than N300 else no student will show up... I mean all students will show up, and after 2 hours the organisers will have to let em in for FREE!
I miss the Project Plays at Pit Theatre, that start at exactly 7:00:00 pm.
I miss the 2 hour prayer walks at 4 am along Road 1.
I miss the bats that litter the sky like errant warplanes.
I miss the nights cos OAU doesn't sleep.
I miss the brother and sister kneeling and holding hands at Football training pitch, perhaps asking God if 'IT' is His will.
I miss the 'aro' of Awo... sister, brother wa o... sister, you're ALMOST beautiful.
I miss the sirens of megaphones with verbose unionists coming to announce either an impending fight with management or a fight that has just been settled.
I miss the treks to Spider .
I miss the early morning preachers : Jesus Christ is coming again! How can you have a girlfriend and you want to go to heaven?
I miss the burteries that never have change.
I miss the late night readings at Ajose and Law.
I miss the 4-hour 12am walks and talks with SOMEONE.
I miss MOZ 101, SPORTS 202, MOREMI 303, MOREMI 404, MOREMI 505. I have the certificates to show.
I miss seeing 2 become 1 at motion ground, Sports Main bowl and Philosophy foyer (actually I don't).
I miss the speeches that go: The voice you're hearing is the voice of kini kan kini kan... Permit me to step aside by saying Aluta Continua, Victoria... Is my girlfriend.
I miss the ladies I RAN away from cos I didn't want.
I miss the ladies that said NO to me cos they didn't want.
I miss the daily Muslim call to prayers. The way those guys sing the call, they can win The Voice Nigeria.
I miss INTECU!
I miss going to New Buca to watch football matches.
I miss Tola at central market. She always sells to me at cheaper rates and she's friendly and doesn't mind my heavily-accented Yoruba. So the other day I bought her Hollandia milk and fish roll.
I miss the waitress at Forks who always adds extra meat for me and buys me Coke if she's on duty.
I miss A1 and Spices and Jo's Indulge.
I miss the ideological arguments in front of Ken Saro Wiwa SUB.
I miss Maintenance.
I miss the long queues at FORKS.
I miss the fresh raw oxygen from under the trees close to Oduduwa Hall.
I miss walking around campus with no destination, but just to revel in the thrill of being alive.
I miss Ife.
I miss her.
I miss OAU.
But most importantly, I miss the friends I made. Some for just 1 semester, some for 2 sessions, some till just as we left school, others we'll be friends for life. But they all count. I miss the memories. They're the substance. They're what make me smile when I remember these friends. At times I feel teary too. Some, I may never see again in life. Some I'll see in 5, 10, 20 years? Who knows...
But I miss our times together... This is to YOU.
#GreatIfe #Nostalgia #Copied

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jamb scores 8th and 9th candidates below 200. / Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities / Best Five University Hostels In Nigeria(photos) - Kinesthouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.