Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers (30557 Views)

Cultism: Taraba State University Expels 8 Cultists, Students / Taraba State University ASUU Resumes Indefinite Strike / Check How Much Your State Pays NYSC Corp Members(this Will Blow Your Mind) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by lakesidey(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
That's ridiculously ridiculous. shocked shocked shocked.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ochardbaby(m): 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
ariseTARABA:
HELP! See The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers

I've being working in College of Education Zing in Taraba State (COEZ) for years now as a part-time lecturer. They employ part-time staffs (lecturers, non-academic, security, cleaners, etc) because the state govt has not employed for a long time now and most of the staff are dead and retired.

The ones even alive are going on a 3 days warning strike on monday 19th of june 2017. The employment excercise was destabilized in 2014 for political reasons. I take home #10,000 monthly (I mean Ten Thousand Naira), which cannot even cater for my feeding, talkmore of other issues.

The pay is not even helping the students cos i'm not encouraged with the pay and cant conduct research and further studies with it. I dont even have access to the un-equipped library books (u can only read and go without borrowing). Just imagine taking upto 3 courses in a semester with an average of 150 students in each course, deliver lectures, give assignments, conduct CA, invigilate and mark exams, supervise students' final year projects, with any other work assigned by your HOD all with 10k monthly (tears forming in my eyes).

Reminders have being sent to d governor (Arc. Darius Dickson Isyaku) by the provost (Dr. Mike Dio Jen) thru his Commissioner for education and also, Chairman House committee on education (Hon. John Kizito Bonzena) for the employment issue but nothing upto now. All the governor needs to do is to appoint School governing council (which was dissolved in 2014) then give a nod for the employment.

I swear to God almighty, sometimes I feel like committing suicide but I always encourage myself not to cos its not the solution. Pls help forward this till it gets to the notice of the governor as another reminder

mods, pls help move to FP ASAP

Bros abeg no commit sucide oh abeg,your help is
near.
You see the problem sometimes is when some people
get good job,they don't appreciate how they made up
to the top again.

I can imagine how you feel,10K per month ..Subhanalai

Please email and let's see how Allah S.W.T would make
a way for you soon.

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by cold(m): 9:35pm On Jun 17, 2017
10k..Na wa oh! So sad
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by stagger: 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Op,
Must you work there? Go to Upwork and put your academic writing skills to better use. Or better still, go and farm!

Haba!

4 Likes

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by rozayx5(m): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
sad

10k in a whole month

hmm , I thank God for my life shocked

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by godquality: 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
Realkenny:
Nigeria scatter scatter everything jaga jaga
Poor man dey suffer suffer
Gbosa gbosa....

OP, better look for any kind of biz to do. No matter how small the start capital is. It will be better than this stipend you receive as salary. That's even below minimum wage. Even Npower earn more. Leave the school for the govt. The worse part is that their children are in private schools.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by othman11(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
begwong:
Nawaoo for this recession?
Na my stipend per child for conducting private lessons twice a week and I have about 7pupils apart from the allawee from the private school that I dey manage!
Who ask you??
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Greenbullet(m): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
Op, you better start to collect sorting and handout , imagine. 90 students want to PAY and you charge 3k
90x3= 270k

Give out handout of 700naira for all department (7) with at least 40 people buying

7x700x40= 196k

Op , have common sense oooo, money must be made!!!!
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Donsammi(m): 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
iHart:
I think you are not innovative. With over 150 students, no matter the work load, lecturers here in the east can go without salary and still live large. Maybe you need to come for an internship at IMSU. ...only handout can change your story.

Hahaha compulsory buying of dem lecturers textbooks..
those lecturers eeh . damn

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:
These are some the reasons I consider Nigeria one of the most dangerous places on earth ..The corruption and frustration in that school will be high because every single mark must be sold to the highest bidder so the lecturers can survive

That's a Northern school how much do they pay for school fees? The generalization you made on your post is highly ridiculous and lacks sense
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by SalamRushdie: 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
Pidgin2:

That's a Northern school how much do they pay for school fees? Your post is highly ridiculous and lacks sense

Sorry I didnt know your father was a lecturer there
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
The reason why the salary is very small is because their are permitted to sell handout to student at the rate of N1000. Some of them take more than 500 students and also take two course. Majority of them knew about these before they apply. In benue state polytechnic, that is what they get as salary infact so many people lobby to get the job.

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by gidjah(m): 10:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
sorry bro, I am A fellow In a COE too, though our pay different from una own, and my work load ain't as high as yours too, but the truth is that the pay ain't worth it , I am just hqppy with the fact that my researches are yielding and i am making great progress with my thesis , the passion to soar higher has been my back bone all this while. Pray the situation In your state gets better so the sun begins to Shine on you brother, Solidarity for you .

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
Edopesin:
Gladly Resign If U Ar Nt Happy Many PPle Dey Find Work

Still searchin evrywhr. Even npower no click. D funniest tin is ppl re strugglin wit connection to get dis job
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2017
ednut1:
someone has cornered ur salary

Its not cornered. See d appointment letter as a reference. Infact, we collect table payment and sign
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
iHart:
I think you are not innovative. With over 150 students, no matter the work load, lecturers here in the east can go without salary and still live large. Maybe you need to come for an internship at IMSU. ...only handout can change your story.

Every corner is blocked ooo. U sell, u get kicked out
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:
These are some the reasons I consider Nigeria one of the most dangerous places on earth ..The corruption and frustration in that school will be high because every single mark must be sold to the highest bidder so the lecturers can survive

Dats 1 tin I dnt do. Im nt corrupt nd discourage such

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Greenbullet:
Op, you better start to collect sorting and handout , imagine. 90 students want to PAY and you charge 3k
90x3= 270k

Give out handout of 700naira for all department (7) with at least 40 people buying

7x700x40= 196k

Op , have common sense oooo, money must be made!!!!

U sell handout u get kicked out
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
Thanks. If I may ask, wch of d COEs?

gidjah:
sorry bro, I am A fellow In a COE too, though our pay different from una own, and my work load ain't as high as yours too, but the truth is that the pay ain't worth it , I am just hqppy with the fact that my researches are yielding and i am making great progress with my thesis , the passion to soar higher has been my back bone all this while. Pray the situation In your state gets better so the sun begins to Shine on you brother, Solidarity for you .
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by iHart(m): 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
ariseTARABA:

Every corner is blocked ooo. U sell, u get kicked out
then look for another job
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by gidjah(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
ariseTARABA:
fct
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by gidjah(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
ariseTARABA:
fct
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by osazsky(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2017
dis one dey organise tutorials abi u b lecturer,my eye dey pain me abeg resign
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Quality20(m): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2017
Look for a good secondary school and apply to teach kowai
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Realdeals(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
That's the only PDP governor in the north, I understand he's gunning for the 2019 Presidential election.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
Realdeals:
That's the only PDP governor in the north, I understand he's gunning for the 2019 Presidential election.

U 4got gombe gov (pdp)
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Greenbullet(m): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
ariseTARABA:

U sell handout u get kicked out
then start collecting class attendance, award marks to it ,marks that can be bought . chikena.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
E mail sent. Shukran

ochardbaby:

Bros abeg no commit sucide oh abeg,your help is
near.
You see the problem sometimes is when some people
get good job,they don't appreciate how they made up
to the top again.

I can imagine how you feel,10K per month ..Subhanalai

Please email and let's see how Allah S.W.T would make
a way for you soon.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by EAZYIDOMA(m): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2017
ariseTARABA:
HELP! See The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers

I've being working in College of Education Zing in Taraba State (COEZ) for years now as a part-time lecturer. They employ part-time staffs (lecturers, non-academic, security, cleaners, etc) because the state govt has not employed for a long time now and most of the staff are dead and retired.

The ones even alive are going on a 3 days warning strike on monday 19th of june 2017. The employment excercise was destabilized in 2014 for political reasons. I take home #10,000 monthly (I mean Ten Thousand Naira), which cannot even cater for my feeding, talkmore of other issues.

The pay is not even helping the students cos i'm not encouraged with the pay and cant conduct research and further studies with it. I dont even have access to the un-equipped library books (u can only read and go without borrowing). Just imagine taking upto 3 courses in a semester with an average of 150 students in each course, deliver lectures, give assignments, conduct CA, invigilate and mark exams, supervise students' final year projects, with any other work assigned by your HOD all with 10k monthly (tears forming in my eyes).

Reminders have being sent to d governor (Arc. Darius Dickson Isyaku) by the provost (Dr. Mike Dio Jen) thru his Commissioner for education and also, Chairman House committee on education (Hon. John Kizito Bonzena) for the employment issue but nothing upto now. All the governor needs to do is to appoint School governing council (which was dissolved in 2014) then give a nod for the employment.

I swear to God almighty, sometimes I feel like committing suicide but I always encourage myself not to cos its not the solution. Pls help forward this till it gets to the notice of the governor as another reminder

mods, pls help move to FP ASAP
My dad lectures in the school, the school organization is very poor, I was there last week, things are really messed up, corruption is no 1
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by fadjnr(m): 12:25am On Jun 18, 2017
tetula123:
Abeg try collect sorting money.. 150 students no be beans.. even if Na 2k each

State wey poor. Where u want make the students get that kind money
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by donodion(m): 2:32am On Jun 18, 2017
And when N-Power is paying N30,000 a month per individual, some people ridicules the stipend. Between N-Power allowance and this ridiculous offer, which one make sense pass?
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by akanbiaa(m): 4:58am On Jun 18, 2017
Something have to be done about the Government for even those that died in service after many years their dependants have not been paid a dime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation / Four Students Celebrating The End Of WASSCE At Lagos Beach Drown / The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.