Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers (30566 Views)

Cultism: Taraba State University Expels 8 Cultists, Students / Taraba State University ASUU Resumes Indefinite Strike / Check How Much Your State Pays NYSC Corp Members(this Will Blow Your Mind) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Nobody: 4:58am On Jun 18, 2017
9jakohai:
There is a cold reason why salaries are that low...

It is because fees...the means by which schools are funded are kept low.

Thus....schools do not have enough cash to fund proper salaries for teachers.

MODIFIED: Taraba is spending N2.5Bn on education this year. Truth be told, that amount is too meagre. Would you like to earn such as a lecturer ?

Federal College of Education, Yola got N1.6 bn in last year's budget (that's a federally owned institution).

The guy is even lucky that Taraba saw N10000 to pay him.

You know....the fact of the matter is if you want to get extra money for education....you either raise fees, or develop an industrial society, or take a big loan from the IMF.
Truth be told, that amount is too meagre. Would you like to earn such as a lecturer?
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by akanbiaa(m): 5:02am On Jun 18, 2017
ochardbaby:

Bros abeg no commit sucide oh abeg,your help is
near.
You see the problem sometimes is when some people
get good job,they don't appreciate how they made up
to the top again.

I can imagine how you feel,10K per month ..Subhanalai

Please email and let's see how Allah S.W.T would make
a way for you soon.
Allah is the best of Judges indeed its been 6 years now my Mum died serving that state,uptil now not a dime have been paid.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 18, 2017
Bisjosh:

Oga who ask u?

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by seyisolu(m): 5:43am On Jun 18, 2017
Una sabi read? Na salary be that?
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by mjay(m): 6:16am On Jun 18, 2017
Imagine the peanut
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Pasako(m): 6:25am On Jun 18, 2017
Ayah sorry,
I think that will be the reason why the performance of the students is usually very bad even after graduated.
My elder brother also graduated from CEOZ too.
my father once said: product of COEZ are bad products angryAyah sorry,
I think that will be the reason why the performance of the students is usually very bad even after graduated.
My elder brother also graduated from CEOZ too.
my father once said: product of COEZ are bad products
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by biyams83(m): 6:35am On Jun 18, 2017
ariseTARABA:
HELP! See The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers

I've being working in College of Education Zing in Taraba State (COEZ) for years now as a part-time lecturer. They employ part-time staffs (lecturers, non-academic, security, cleaners, etc) because the state govt has not employed for a long time now and most of the staff are dead and retired.

The ones even alive are going on a 3 days warning strike on monday 19th of june 2017. The employment excercise was destabilized in 2014 for political reasons. I take home #10,000 monthly (I mean Ten Thousand Naira), which cannot even cater for my feeding, talkmore of other issues.

The pay is not even helping the students cos i'm not encouraged with the pay and cant conduct research and further studies with it. I dont even have access to the un-equipped library books (u can only read and go without borrowing). Just imagine taking upto 3 courses in a semester with an average of 150 students in each course, deliver lectures, give assignments, conduct CA, invigilate and mark exams, supervise students' final year projects, with any other work assigned by your HOD all with 10k monthly (tears forming in my eyes).

Reminders have being sent to d governor (Arc. Darius Dickson Isyaku) by the provost (Dr. Mike Dio Jen) thru his Commissioner for education and also, Chairman House committee on education (Hon. John Kizito Bonzena) for the employment issue but nothing upto now. All the governor needs to do is to appoint School governing council (which was dissolved in 2014) then give a nod for the employment.

I swear to God almighty, sometimes I feel like committing suicide but I always encourage myself not to cos its not the solution. Pls help forward this till it gets to the notice of the governor as another reminder

mods, pls help move to FP ASAP
My brother we don't have governor in Taraba rather a bunch of thieves, I spent 9 years working as casual staff with Bureau for Estabs, Jalingo with take home of just 5000 not even always may be after 10 months without any vagabond tell me thank you, before I got an appointment with FMC Jalingo, as am talking now since last year February ny colleagues never been paid their allowances so better your sef you use to get every month but we pay transport every day to work, let pray to God to change the mind of this faroah called governor Darius
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by stanee: 7:22am On Jun 18, 2017
Chai! Just go and be a permanent NYSC Corp member
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 8:13am On Jun 18, 2017
I just pray d gov sees dis msgs so dat he'll act on dem. Well, COEZ re tryin to pay montly, even b4 d perm staffs re paid, because d provost is 9ice nd encouraging. If he's given the mandate to employ today, all vacancies will be filled dis vry today, bt its beyond his power.

biyams83:
My brother we don't have governor in Taraba rather a bunch of thieves, I spent 9 years working as casual staff with Bureau for Estabs, Jalingo with take home of just 5000 not even always may be after 10 months without any vagabond tell me thank you, before I got an appointment with FMC Jalingo, as am talking now since last year February ny colleagues never been paid their allowances so better your sef you use to get every month but we pay transport every day to work, let pray to God to change the mind of this faroah called governor Darius
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2017
cc pidgin2
come and read how lecturers are treated in your beloved Nigeria
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Perezino: 9:20am On Jun 18, 2017
Hope we're not expecting good products from that sch sha...
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Jacks14: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2017
ariseTARABA:
HELP! See The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers

I've being working in College of Education Zing in Taraba State (COEZ) for years now as a part-time lecturer. They employ part-time staffs (lecturers, non-academic, security, cleaners, etc) because the state govt has not employed for a long time now and most of the staff are dead and retired.

The ones even alive are going on a 3 days warning strike on monday 19th of june 2017. The employment excercise was destabilized in 2014 for political reasons. I take home #10,000 monthly (I mean Ten Thousand Naira), which cannot even cater for my feeding, talkmore of other issues.

The pay is not even helping the students cos i'm not encouraged with the pay and cant conduct research and further studies with it. I dont even have access to the un-equipped library books (u can only read and go without borrowing). Just imagine taking upto 3 courses in a semester with an average of 150 students in each course, deliver lectures, give assignments, conduct CA, invigilate and mark exams, supervise students' final year projects, with any other work assigned by your HOD all with 10k monthly (tears forming in my eyes).

Reminders have being sent to d governor (Arc. Darius Dickson Isyaku) by the provost (Dr. Mike Dio Jen) thru his Commissioner for education and also, Chairman House committee on education (Hon. John Kizito Bonzena) for the employment issue but nothing upto now. All the governor needs to do is to appoint School governing council (which was dissolved in 2014) then give a nod for the employment.

I swear to God almighty, sometimes I feel like committing suicide but I always encourage myself not to cos its not the solution. Pls help forward this till it gets to the notice of the governor as another reminder

for a years u are there with that peanut salary? Oga are enjoying,there is more u didnt tell us,because u cant tell us u give free handout to students not to talk of pay-i-pass u(bribe) n more especially bleeping the helpless girls of that collage for a good years...
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by gsalvatore: 10:26am On Jun 18, 2017
iHart:
I think you are not innovative. With over 150 students, no matter the work load, lecturers here in the east can go without salary and still live large. Maybe you need to come for an internship at IMSU. ...only handout can change your story.
You think Taraba is Imo? Get to Taraba you will know that eastern lecturers will prefer to resign.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by iHart(m): 10:38am On Jun 18, 2017
gsalvatore:
You think Taraba is Imo? Get to Taraba you will know that eastern lecturers will prefer to resign.
you can't even subject a well read Igbo man to that peanut and he won't find a way around it,. Resigning is the best thing that will happen to anybody facing this work condition. Even those who sell fruits in that school will be making more than 10k. OP is poor in idea, and thats the worse form of poverty.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Bigsteveg(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2017
Why not look for a private sec school. They pay better than this.
ariseTARABA:

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by livingstoneony(m): 11:10am On Jun 18, 2017
begwong:
Nawaoo for this recession?
Na my stipend per child for conducting private lessons twice a week and I have about 7pupils apart from the allawee from the private school that I dey manage!
See what you are typing And you are a teacher!!!
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2017
If im doin all this u said I wouldnt be complaining
Jacks14:
for a years u are there with that peanut salary? Oga are enjoying,there is more u didnt tell us,because u cant tell us u give free handout to students not to talk of pay-i-pass u(bribe) n more especially bleeping the helpless girls of that collage for a good years...
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2017
Private skls in dis environment pay 6-8k with heavier workin conditions
Bigsteveg:
Why not look for a private sec school. They pay better than this.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by gsalvatore: 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
iHart:
you can't even subject a well read Igbo man to that peanut and he won't find a way around it,. Resigning is the best thing that will happen to anybody facing this work condition. Even those who sell fruits in that school will be making more than 10k. OP is poor in idea, and thats the worse form of poverty.
Have you been to Taraba? I could say No. We are talking of people that cant even buy good antibiotics to stay alive...are they the people that will patronize sorting and handouts even if its legalised in the school?

Almost everything there is poor(financially and mentally). Standard of living there is scary, money is not really In circulation...the dude is a lecturer I guess...is students cant pay for sorting, dey never even afford rope
take hang themselves na to come bribe you...
best way around it is to disappear from there...
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by goodvision12(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
begwong:
Nawaoo for this recession?
Na my stipend per child for conducting private lessons twice a week and I have about 7pupils apart from the allawee from the private school that I dey manage!
oga why you dey show your money on naraland wey you dey collect?Abi you don turn to Davido!
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by thaprofit88: 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
ariseTARABA:

Op hat's a stipend not a salary. There is a big difference between both. Google and be properly informed before u post such level of ignorance
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by obstead200(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
iHart:
I think you are not innovative. With over 150 students, no matter the work load, lecturers here in the east can go without salary and still live large. Maybe you need to come for an internship at IMSU. ...only handout can change your story.
don't mind the useless OP. He is not really complaining. He is only trying to blackmail the govt and school management into giving him a permanent employment.
Trust me, he sells handouts, collects sorting and do a lot of other things that oils his pocket.
He simply desires to have better privileges as a full staff.
3 classes of 150 each is a dream come true for lecturers in the south west, south south and south east states. They can't go hungry, even without salary
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by obstead200(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
gsalvatore:
Have you been to Taraba? I could say No. We are talking of people that cant even buy good antibiotics to stay alive...are they the people that will patronize sorting and handouts even if its legalised in the school?

Almost everything there is poor(financially and mentally). Standard of living there is scary, money is not really In circulation...the dude is a lecturer I guess...is students cant pay for sorting, dey never even afford rope
Na lie. Everybody who wants to be educated can either study hard or will find a way to sort. Even if the price may be kept low to make them afford it.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
Destinyy22:
Truth be told, that amount is too meager. Would you like to earn such as a lecturer?

I wouldn't, but we Nigerians too have to get rid of the idea that there is a bottomless pit of money that can sort out our problems.

That is why we must fight corruption...the money they are stealing is not enough in the first place.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by ariseTARABA: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
I cant see whr I wrote salary

thaprofit88:

Op hat's a stipend not a salary. There is a big difference between both. Google and be properly informed before u post such level of ignorance
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
Bisjosh:

Oga who ask u?

Sometimes people need a rude awakening to make crucial decisions, and the guy you quoted provided that. Government jobs are overrated these days.

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
iHart:

Your idea of an 'idea' is to subject students to extortion or pay for play. Your concept of poverty is warped. Wealth creation is about value creation in a sustainable and legal way. Anything that deviates from this is financial crime. Mind you, all over the world, lecturers (or professors) are not known for being rich, they're upper middle class at best. Pretty sure OP will be content with salary after completing the transition from ad hoc staff to permanent position.

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by gsalvatore: 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
obstead200:

Na lie. Everybody who wants to be educated can either study hard or will find a way to sort. Even if the price may be kept low to make them afford it.
like sort with foodstuff? Try and follow the origin of the convo.

You need be there to know...btw sorting is not legalized as you might want to think...one can lose his 10k a month job while at it..So how much will one charge for sorting when its not at jackpot runs like in the south. The juice doesnt worth the squeeze.

1 Like

Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by gsalvatore: 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
obstead200:

like sort with foodstuff? Try and follow the origin of the convo.

You need be there to know...btw sorting is not legalized as you might want to think...one can lose his 10k a month job while at it..So how much will one charge for sorting when its not at jackpot runs like in the south.

The juice doesnt worth the squeeze.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by Owiii(m): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
I know a state polytechnic where the school pay part time lecturers 5k. I was to do that after my NYSC but my dad objected to it since he is a lecturer in that same poly. One of my friend did it until God favoured him and he got a better job.
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by iHart(m): 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
gsalvatore:

There is something else he can do to earn more money, simple!
Re: The Peanut College Of Education, Zing, Taraba State Pays Its Lecturers by begwong: 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
Bisjosh:

Oga who ask u?
Bros to show that una yeye governor say una dey suffer nah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria / For All Students Who Studied Botany Or Any Other Plant Related Field / UNIABUJA UPDATES:- Girls Inside Boys Hostel, Roaming Around Streets See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.