Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year (22546 Views)

Update On Mile2-apapa Road Construction - Exclusive Images / The Present State Of Apapa Road / FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 7:42am On Jun 18, 2017
ProWalker:

I live in Tamandu barracks, born and bred inside apapa, not a niggar lying like you grin

Section 8 housing welfare case barrack king

So you still live in barrack since your birth till this date

Nah your papa barrack?

Keep lying like the liar you are
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by simplycarro: 7:45am On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Section 8 housing welfare case barrack king

So you still live in barrack since your birth till this date

Nah your papa barrack?

Keep lying like the liar you are

Egbon, no be every tribalist like you on NL old like you nah! Free the matter, too early to start this your madness again egbon
The other guy sef don move on

5 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 7:53am On Jun 18, 2017
simplycarro:

Egbon, no be every tribalist like you on NL old like you nah! Free the matter, too early to start this your madness again egbon
The other guy sef don move on

See this useless Bini tout

Wetin join u here?

Go call your daddy wey still dey obodo dey hustle to send u cash.

3 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by simplycarro: 7:58am On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

See this useless Bini tout

Wetin join u here?

Go call your daddy wey still dey obodo dey hustle to send u cash.

Bros i no dey for fight this Sunday.
The olosho you carry last night dupe you? grin

6 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by olajizz01(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Ab0ki will remain ab0ki

Fashola tried clearing them when he was governor but they didn't bulge and a higher power from Abuja told fashole to back off.

Tells you in effect who truly owns Lagos
Mr too know,there are some properties owned and controlled by state and some by federal govt,they all called public corporations in all states,apapa is owned and controlled by federal govt,there are some public corporation owned and controlled by lagos state govt in which they have supreme power over it as well.Every state isnt an exception in this situation,but for you to say becos fed.govt told fashola to backed off from the issue of apapa seaport doesnt show that lagos is owned by fed govt,it rather tell us the level of your knowledge. Besides,you should go and hire sound lawyers for your harden criminal brother(Evans)instead of coming here bragging that u are developers,well Evans was also a developer until he met his water loo,we have a lot of u all over the country and your days are numbered,you see i have lived in your region (Imo,Anambra and co) for yrs and i know much about u people.Stop bragging,empty barrels make the loudest noise.

6 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 8:05am On Jun 18, 2017
olajizz01:
Mr too know,there are some properties owned and controlled by state and some by federal govt,they all called public corporations in all states,apapa is owned and controlled by federal govt,there are some public corporation owned and controlled by lagos state govt in which they have supreme power over it as well.Every state isnt an exception in this situation,but for you to say becos fed.govt told fashola to backed off from the issue of apapa seaport doesnt show that lagos is owned by fed govt,it rather tell us the level of your knowledge. Besides,you should go and hire sound lawyers for your harden criminal brother(Evans)instead of coming here bragging that u are developers,well Evans was also a developer until he met his water loo,we have a lot of u all over the country and your days are numbered,you see i have lived in your region (Imo,Anambra and co) for yrs and i know much about u people.Stop bragging,empty barrels make the loudest noise.

Who is Igbo?

And if I were does that mean that any property I own in Lagos is from proceeds of crime?

Afonja idiot!

Answer this simple question:

Why is it that fashole as Minister of the federal govt is now signing out concessions on that Federal Road? Why didn't he do so as governor of Lagos?

Use brain afonja

If you must know the outrageous cost of rehabilitating the road will be deducted from any statutory tax the companies involved will be expected to pay.

This is corruption in the form of an over inflated tax deduction in the making

1 Like

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Basfaq(m): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

2km road rehabilitation to take one year to complete?

Incompetent buffons
You are saying what you don't know have ever being there to see the extent of the damaged. lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 8:34am On Jun 18, 2017
Basfaq:
You are saying what you don't know have ever being there to see the extent of the damaged. lipsrsealed undecided

Shut up.

The Abuja runway which is close to 3km long and 300m wide was rehabilitated in 6weeks at the cost of 5bn naira.

So you expect a road of 2km to be rehanilated in one year at the same cost?

If you don't know what is going on here then pack.

Dangote will be getting tax deductions for this scam project

2 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by stonemasonn: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2017
dedarkman:
Nairalanders can always be a jerk. Are you people aware that the road in question has to be reinforced and concreted even before they add asphat? Just be calm it might talk that much as the road carries heavy duty truck, tankers, containers etc. Also the road drainage system has to be well design and constructed as that is always the reason for the road getting bad very fast.

My contribution as a civil engineer.
Creating awareness.
don't mind those ipob ingrates, their hatred for fashola, fg, Yorubas and anything positive about Lagos is affecting their brains.
If the story was emeka ofor will contruct a 2km road in upper iweka for 10 billion naira, they won't let us hear word as to how Igbo land is the next best thing since transistor radio.

4 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by ogunsj: 10:57am On Jun 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Fashola keeps raising the bar for how much it cost to build a Kilometer of road in this country , as Lagos state governor he was the first to start building road at 500 million per KM then he graduated to I billion per Kilometer now he is at almost 1.5 billion per KM after teaching Dangote same
unfortunately people like you who doesn't know Jack about construction will come to the social media to spew nonsense to confuse fellow ignorants like you. Lagos and most part of Niger delta have the same terrain or topography, some parts of Lagos is even below the sea level, you should know what that means. building a house in lekki besides the cost of the land, can never be same with building a house in alabagdo because of the difference in their soil texture. you can construct 1km in kaduna or Kano for 50m but in Lagos or any part of the Niger delta it's going to be double of that amount if not more. be well informed, it's good for you.

5 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by faffing: 11:39am On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

2km road rehabilitation to take one year to complete?

Incompetent buffons
It could take that long, considering that both carriageways will not be closed at the same time. This reconstruction can only be done in segments. It is not the construction of a 2km road in a remote area, its around the Nation's largest seaport!

3 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 11:49am On Jun 18, 2017
faffing:

It could take that long, considering that both carriageways will not be closed at the same time. This reconstruction can only be done in segments. It is not the construction of a 2km road in a remote area, its around the Nation's largest seaport!

That is not the only route to wharf.

The Liverpool route can serve while this road is closed.

Worst case is 3mths
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by tolux247(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Apapa is my hood.

I grew up there and used to use the ferry link to cross to go to my school at VI.

You think everyone is an osgbolite like you?

Even that road need more than 1 year construction. ...
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by SalamRushdie: 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
ogunsj:
unfortunately people like you who doesn't know Jack about construction will come to the social media to spew nonsense to confuse fellow ignorants like you. Lagos and most part of Niger delta have the same terrain or topography, some parts of Lagos is even below the sea level, you should know what that means. building a house in lekki besides the cost of the land, can never be same with building a house in alabagdo because of the difference in their soil texture. you can construct 1km in kaduna or Kano for 50m but in Lagos or any part of the Niger delta it's going to be double of that amount if not more. be well informed, it's good for you.

Exactly and that why we don't expect Fashola and his friends to charge anything more than 120 million per KM taking into cognizance his difficult terrain but no matter what terrain even if it's Mars 1.5 billion naira per KM is too much ..For your information I always compare terrains in other countries and their cost before I make my very informed judgements...Do you remember the the same Fashola built a 1.3 km cosmetic cable stay bridge over the Lekki lagoon for 29 billion naira at 122 naira to a dollar when the Chinese used the same amount to build a gorge full suspension bridge over the a super difficult terrain that spanned 10 times the length of the Lekki bridge ...No matter how u mask it those figures are filled with corruption

1 Like

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by citizenY(m): 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
ProWalker:

Obviously all yo know about apapa are stories told to you!!
There is no Adele "road" in apapa
Bishopjuice is a foolish liar

Really?? I pass this road everyday to avoid traffic on Warehouse road. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by ProWalker: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
citizenY:

Really?? I pass this road everyday to avoid traffic on Warehouse road. You should be ashamed of yourself.

There is Adele, but definitely not a Adele road

2 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by citizenY(m): 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
ProWalker:

There is Adele, but definitely not a Adele road

Give me the coordinates. Cameroun Road, Abraham Adesanya ( formerly Douala Road, Payne Crescent, Warehouse Road , Mobil filling station .
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by ProWalker: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
citizenY:

Give me the coordinates. Cameroun Road, Abraham Adesanya ( formerly Douala Road, Payne Crescent, Warehouse Road , Mobil filling station .

Just behind Doula Rd, behind big fish and by the post office
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by olajizz01(m): 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Who is Igbo?

And if I were does that mean that any property I own in Lagos is from proceeds of crime?

Afonja idiot!

Answer this simple question:

Why is it that fashole as Minister of the federal govt is now signing out concessions on that Federal Road? Why didn't he do so as governor of Lagos?

Use brain afonja

If you must know the outrageous cost of rehabilitating the road will be deducted from any statutory tax the companies involved will be expected to pay.

This is corruption in the form of an over inflated tax deduction in the making
For the first question,Only God knows u and you know yourself,for the second question,why did u expect Fashola as a govnor to constructs fed road,u see in every state,there are some roads that belong to state and state govt take responsibility and some belong to Fed govt,the road in question belong to Fed govt.

1 Like

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by dedarkman(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
yea we knw, even with a concrete class of C35/45, isn't that amount too much for 2km?

It depends if what pavement they want to have on it. If it's rigid pavement then it's high and I guess that's why they brought dangote into it. It is the best and last longer.
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by citizenY(m): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
ProWalker:

What is the name of that street?
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by belindar: 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
The road was finance by Dangote and co. The construction is to be done by AG DANGOTE......hmmmmmm
Dangote provided the money for the construction and also got the contract for the construction.
Who is fooling who.
So Dangote just get his money back immediately . Just like that.
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Basfaq(m): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Shut up.

The Abuja runway which is close to 3km long and 300m wide was rehabilitated in 6weeks at the cost of 5bn naira.

So you expect a road of 2km to be rehanilated in one year at the same cost?

If you don't know what is going on here then pack.You too short up,your dunce of your claim. How can you compare run away or an express road to Apapa wharf road construction.you have be there first to see for yourself.

Dangote will be getting tax deductions for this scam project
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
There are too many Errconomist on Nairaland.

Here is a link to a study conducted by African Development Bank on Road Infrastructure Cost.
it shows that depending on the length of the road with shorter distance costing more, cost of rehabilitation of paved roads could be up to $1,200,000 USD / Lane Km.
The Apapa road @ 3 lanes each way, makes a total of 6 lanes. 6 lanes multiply by 2 km gives 12 km. Multiply 12 km by $1,000,000 x N360 /$ , it puts the construction cost at N4.32 Billion Naira

https://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/uploads/afdb/Documents/Publications/Study_on_Road_Infrastructure_Costs-_Analysis_of_Unit_Costs_and_Cost_Overruns_of_Road_Infrastructure_Projects_in_Africa.pdf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
ProWalker:

There are too many ErrORconomist on Nairaland.

Here is a link to a study conducted by African Development Bank on Road Infrastructure Cost.
it shows that depending on the length of the road with shorter distance costing more, cost of rehabilitation of paved roads could be up to $1,200,000 USD / Lane Km.
The Apapa road @ 3 lanes each way, makes a total of 6 lanes. 6 lanes multiply by 2 km gives 12 km. Multiply 12 km by $1,000,000 x N360 /$ , it puts the construction cost at N4.32 Billion Naira

https://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/uploads/afdb/Documents/Publications/Study_on_Road_Infrastructure_Costs-_Analysis_of_Unit_Costs_and_Cost_Overruns_of_Road_Infrastructure_Projects_in_Africa.pdf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by AlwaysUltraPad: 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

One year to rehabilitate a 2km road?

Does that make sense to you?
it's concrete-based.

1 Like

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by AlwaysUltraPad: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
deji15:

There are too many ErrORconomist on Nairaland.

brilliant!

2 Likes

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Ishilove: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
ProWalker:

What's the fastest way to Warehouse road from Cele Express?
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by GworoChewinMaga: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
olajizz01:
For the first question,Only God knows u and you know yourself,.

Wonders shall never end.

Afonja and jealousy no be today

So because I said my parents owned a house in Apapa so you begin bring God inside?

Jesus you people are incredibly wicked and envious

So only afonjas own properties in Apapa?

God just read the rubbish you wrote.

Well, I don't dwell on my parents wealth as I have since began life as a man of my own and that property in question is long gone.

Just imagine how tribalism has eaten into your daft skulls
Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
brilliant!
Thanks. Moreso, when you take into consideration that this is a rigid concrete pavement. People who had done the decking of their house will tell you that the cost of the concrete decking is about the same amount they spent to take the house to the lintel level. Concrete deck or pavement are expensive, but they last more than just asphaltic pavement with laterite base course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year by olajizz01(m): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Wonders shall never end.

Afonja and jealousy no be today

So because I said my parents owned a house in Apapa so you begin bring God inside?

Jesus you people are incredibly wicked and envious

So only afonjas own properties in Apapa?

God just read the rubbish you wrote.

Well, I don't dwell on my parents wealth as I have since began life as a man of my own and that property in question is long gone.

Just imagine how tribalism has eaten into your daft skulls
Who cares if your parents owned the whole apapa port,but what i was concerned about was bragging,i couldn't have come in, in the first place,but the way u was bragging for those guys was what annoyed me.Even Dangote whose investment in the SW can purchase the whole Igbo investment in Lagos didn't brag,u will hardly heard his voice,why will one tribe will not let us rest with their ill gotten proceeds and still engaged in the crime with the syndrome, we are developers,we owned Lagos,your problem is u don't respect your host and guess that is causing problems for u whether in the SW and the North,we all have one thing or the other,but we don't have to be bragging about it,that was why i said the obvious.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget / David Bamigboye Is Dead! First Military Governor Of Kwara Dies At 78 / Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.