Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,015 members, 7,953,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:27 AM

How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? (436 Views)

How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? by ebenice(m): 4:35am On Jun 18, 2017
I'm a believer of the gospel and I believe in Jesus as my LORD and SAVIOUR but as human we do err and then we pray for forgiveness and "hope" our sins are forgiven us but wait o, how can one be certain that one's sin is forgiven him for sure?

I ask this judging by the case of Moses he never got to see the promise land despite all his travails, does that mean he wasn't forgiven ?

secondly, often times we (I'm sure some can also relate ) after asking and seeking for forgiveness from God for a particularly sin we commit some thoughts still creep in to make us feel guilt about our past deeds should we still feel that way ? since that sin is suppose to be forgiven. does the guilt means the sin is still unforgiven?

pls brethren your thoughts
Re: How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 18, 2017
In the case of Moses, he was forgiven but the reason he did not go into the promise land is because GOD said so..
Its a punishment and MY GOD is true to his words..
As for your question..
You can only be sure of forgiveness when indeed you repented from the bottom of your heart..
If your repentance is genuine then you are sure that you did the right thing then forgiveness is yours because according to the scriptures, it is only when your repentance is genuine that he forgives..
So GOD'S forgiveness is up to you..
you do not need to worry yourself if your repentance is genuine..
Re: How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:58am On Jun 18, 2017
We should be sure that our sins are forgiven whenever we feel that peace sensation. I can't actually explain the feeling; it's beyond expression.

Now the ocassional thought is the power of conscience and it's good because it reminds us not to go back to sin again. Then, it should be minimal; we should believe that God has forgiven us. If we keep condermning ourselves them it become a barrier to our prayers.

In the case of Moses, he never got any opportunity to plead for pardon. That however, never meant God condermned him, rather He TOOK him.
Re: How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? by Zither(m): 6:17am On Jun 18, 2017
You know God has forgiven you through faith. The righteous shall live by faith. Whatever you do as a Christian is based on faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Even, the exercise of faith does not end in our death on earth here. It continues till eternity. Faith is ageless. God calls those things that be not as if they were and we are the children of God. Like Father like sons.

The Word of God says there's no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit of God. Any thought that condemns you or makes you feel guilty for the sins you have repented from is not from God or His Spirit. That is the Accuser, the Devil speaking to you by impressing lying thoughts in your mind to make it seem as if the thoughts originated from your mind. You see why it is of the greatest necessity to renew your mind daily lest the devil pollutes it entirely with his lies and make you turn from following God through that deadly sin called False Humility by which the devil makes you think you are no good for God, that your sins are too much for God to forgive, that your past cannot be forgiven, that you are so evil or have done so much bad things that you don't deserve God's love, etc. The more you linger in false humility the greater the danger.

Again, this shows why as a Christian you must be extremely watchful whatever thoughts that enter your mind. You cast down every evil thoughts and imaginations that are contrary to the Word of God. The mind is a battlefield. The battle to keep it under the authority of Jesus Christ is fought everyday of our lives.

Not stepping into the Promised Land was God's judgment on Moses for refusing to give Him the glory when he made water come out of a rock. God made Moses see it but He told Moses he wouldn't step into it Today, Moses is with God. God forgave him but he punished him. Lesson: never ever take the glory that belongs to God. God Himself will give you His glory but don't touch the one meant for Him.
Re: How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? by NwaAmaikpe: 6:45am On Jun 18, 2017
You know your sins were forgiven the first time if you repeat them and there are no repercussions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 18, 2017
Forgiveness of sin and God's supremacy are two different things. If you kill today and you're caught. Of course after you beg for forgiveness and God forgives you, the court will still pass judgement of capital punishment on you...either by hanging or firing squad. It doesn't mean God did not forgive you.

A woman was barren for 18yrs, she finally gave birth to a baby girl and menopause followed straight away. The baby girl was raped to death by a paedophile. She issued a curse on the man that all his daughters will be victims of rape. Later he begged for forgiveness..God will definitely forgive him but he will still suffer for his sins. Na so the matter be.
Re: How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? by petra1(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2017
ebenice:
I'm a believer of the gospel and I believe in Jesus as my LORD and SAVIOUR but as human we do err and then we pray for forgiveness and "hope" our sins are forgiven us but wait o, how can one be certain that one's sin is forgiven him for sure?

Firstly forgiveness is not what you hope for . Forgiveness is what you take or receive by faith . You believe you have been forgiven because the word says so. He is under obligation to forgive .

1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(1) (Reply)

Free Speech 3 / NATIONAL PRAYER BOARD - Psalms 122:6 / Son Of Hamas Tells The SHOCKING TRUTH About ISLAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.