Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

We’ll Qualify For Cameroon 2019 AFCON – Omeruo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We’ll Qualify For Cameroon 2019 AFCON – Omeruo (362 Views)

Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / Cameroon 2019: Rohr Reveals When He’ll Release Nigeria’s AFCON Squad / Patrick Mboma’s Overhead Kick For Cameroon, Before Ronaldo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Qualify For Cameroon 2019 AFCON – Omeruo by Nne5: 6:08am On Jun 18, 2017
Jacob Ajom

Following the outrage that trailed last weekend’s 2-0 loss Nigeria suffered in the hands of South Africa in Uyo, Super Eagles defender, Kenneth Omeruo has pleaded with Nigerian football fans not to give up on the team just yet.

Omeruo who made a surprise appearance at the national stadium Lagos, Friday said, “we still have five more games to determine our fate. Nigerians should continue to give us the desired support and we will definitely excel.”

Although he regretted Eagles’ loss to the Bafana Bafana, he was sure the team would bounce back from that adversity. “I just see it as a motivation. We have to work extra hard. For South Africa we will still play them at their home. We have a young team that plays really well. We were all shocked about the loss. By the time we play the other games in the group, we will see,” he said.

The Chelsea defender was optimistic the defeat to Bafana Bafana would not derail the Eagles’ march to the 2019 AFCON in Cameroon.

Omeruo asked Nigerians not to panic over the forthcoming 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Cameroon.

He said, “We just have to keep training and remain focused. I don’t think anyone will take it lightly. Our midfielders, Mikel, Moses and other senior players will have returned from injury by then. I think we will be ready for Cameroon.”

On his future at Chelsea, Omeruo said , “For now I am still a Chelsea player. I have always been out on loan and now the loan is ended, I will return to my parent club, Chelsea in July for the pre-season.

It is then I will know whether I will be given out on loan or I will be staying there. The decision hasn’t been reached yet. The most important thing is for me to keep playing. If I am to stay and not play, then I would want to go elsewhere, a place I can be playing regularly.”

lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/well-qualify-cameroon-2019-afcon-omeruo/

(1) (Reply)

Today's Free 2 Odds And 5 Odds. No Payment ! / Official: Defoe Joins Bournemouth On Free From Sunderland / Emenike To Win N800m A Year In The Wake Of Joining Olympiakos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.