Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Share Your Bad Experience With Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Bad Experience With Churches (1519 Views)

Why I Have Serious Issues With Churches Spending Too Much Money On Auditoriums. / China Shuts Down Christian Churches, Destroys Crosses, Burn Bibles / The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by poh10(m): 8:04am On Jun 18, 2017
happy Sunday

am not sharing this experience to damage your view on the church but for us to have insight on the churches that deceive people.

this happen 3yrs ago

we had 3 days revival, our pastor invited a prophet on the first day him gave us instruction to write our request and prayer point on a paper with our names. the sermon him preach was not really strong on the word of God, but him told us many tale of miracles. him did that so we can believe is so spiritual

on the third day, him started mention names on the paper calling names telling them to come out so him can pray for them luckily for him I wrote my third name but I came out told me some blah blah.

lessons : we need to be rooted on the word of God any church not rooted is rooted on something else
remember proverb 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
we re the church not some building elsewhere. let worship God..

please share your experiences so we can learn
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by hopefulLandlord: 8:07am On Jun 18, 2017
interesting
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Papiikush: 8:11am On Jun 18, 2017
use to be a dedicated worker in a redeem church. Got sick and no one asked about me for two weeks.

Got the Bleep outta the church cuz Those motherfuckers are more interested in my tithes. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Victornezzar: 8:17am On Jun 18, 2017
Got 2 church wen pastor wen pastor has almost finished preaching
don't know weda dey send d usher....d guy just took me 2 d 1st row.....dat day I shame ehn no be small undecided
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Deicide: 8:28am On Jun 18, 2017
I don't attend Church much but I do watch programs on tv There is this thing that Pastor Adeboye does that I don't think is right not that I have a problem with it though Sheep would be sheep

Adeboye: If you know you haven't given your life to Christ come forward
People: Coming forward
Adeboye: I am going to count to 10....Start counting
People: Start running to get to the front

And my people that's how psychology works grin He is toying with their brain seeing if he still has control over them embarassed

1 Like

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2017
Here to read comments.

DEIST
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by eph12(m): 9:24am On Jun 18, 2017
The last time I went there was when the pastor asked those without tithe book to stand up. He didn't stop there, also asked for fasting offering to be collected. Like wtf! Offering for fasting?
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by malvisguy212: 9:25am On Jun 18, 2017
Deicide:
I don't attend Church much but I do watch programs on tv There is this thing that Pastor Adeboye does that I don't think is right not that I have a problem with it though Sheep would be sheep

And my people that's how psychology works grin He is toying with their brain seeing if he still has control over them embarassed
you have a serious problems, what is wrong if someone decided to change his life for good ? if you decide to abandon your favourites sin, it is now Brainwashed . atheist with good moral value indeed.
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Deicide: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2017
malvisguy212:
you have a serious problems, what is wrong if someone decided to change his life for good ? if you decide to abandon your favourites sin, it is now Brainwashed. atheist with good moral value indeed.
You did not get the point am trying to make and you were so quick to quote me.......Are you a member of the church? And what has Atheism got to do with this?

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by malvisguy212: 9:55am On Jun 18, 2017
Deicide:

You did not get the point am trying to make and you were so quick to quote me.......Are you a member of the church? And what has Atheism got to do with this?
if given my life to Christ mean I am brainwashed, I am very much happy was with it.
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by poh10(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2017
malvisguy212:
you have a serious problems, what is wrong if someone decided to change his life for good ? if you decide to abandon your favourites sin, it is now Brainwashed . atheist with good moral value indeed.
please read and assimalte before you jump to conclusion don't think with your emotion

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Deicide: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2017
malvisguy212:
if given my life to Christ mean I am brainwashed, I am very much happy was with it.
You see I never mentioned anything about being Brainwashed, did I?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Martinez19(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2017
Religion is one of the biggest problems facing mankind. It is a psychological problem.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
I was taught in catechism that "to attend or read books of other denomination or religion" is a capital sin as a Catholic.

I know better now
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by poh10(m): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
onyenze123:
I was taught in catechism that "to attend or read books of other denomination or religion" is a capital sin as a Catholic.

I know better now

are u kidding ..a sin
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
poh10:

are u kidding ..a sin

capital sin
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by pweetiedee(m): 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
Deicide:
You see I never mentioned anything about being Brainwashed, did I?
Just ignore this person, please
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by poh10(m): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
onyenze123:

capital sin
just like the Pharisee
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by sonofthunder: 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
Deicide:

the people are usually much and he needs to hurry them to save time. even if you don't make it on time he doesn't scold or pursue you back...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Deicide: 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
sonofthunder:

the people are usually much and he needs to hurry them to save time. even if you don't make it on time he doesn't scold or pursue you back...
The looks on his face doesn't make it seem so, well good to know am not the only one that noticed it grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by sonofthunder: 5:29am On Jun 19, 2017
Deicide:

The looks on his face doesn't make it seem so, well good to know am not the only one that noticed it grin
everyone knows this, your perception is just twisted... try going on a 7days dry fast let's see what the look on your face is like not to talk of 21 - 40days and still coming out to speak publicly...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by Deicide: 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
sonofthunder:

everyone knows this, your perception is just twisted... try going on a 7days dry fast let's see what the look on your face is like not to talk of 21 - 40days and still coming out to speak publicly...
Seriously i dont understand your point here cry
Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by chrisav: 9:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
Papiikush:
use to be a dedicated worker in a redeem church. Got sick and no one asked about me for two weeks.

Got the Bleep outta the church cuz Those motherfuckers are more interested in my tithes. undecided
sad but see this;
Are you sick? CALL the church leaders together to pray and anoint you with oil in the name of the Master. (James 5:14)
Did u call?
You brothers in Christ motherfuckers? Never join force with Satan and the world against the church rather pray for her. God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Bad Experience With Churches by poh10(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
chrisav:

sad but see this;
Are you sick? CALL the church leaders together to pray and anoint you with oil in the name of the Master. (James 5:14)
Did u call?
You brothers in Christ motherfuckers? Never join force with Satan and the world against the church rather pray for her. God bless u

did you dig your finding from him before you jump to conclusion..do not judge any one
and it seem you don't get the point read ones more

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Longest Serving Principal, Rev. Fr. J.D O’connell Dies At Age 85. / The Root Of Religion Is FEAR / GOD hears our thoughts, are you still aware?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.