Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? (382 Views)

Why I Have Serious Issues With Churches Spending Too Much Money On Auditoriums. / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Share Your Bad Experience With Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? by Legend87(m): 7:48am On Nov 17, 2016
I decided to come up with this topic after much thoughts on how our churches, through religious means are trying to make sure that every money we earn must come to the church. One way or another.. I've seen so many churches around that owns a Nur./Pri. school. some even owns higher institutions. And curiously, i'm asking. Why not listen and answer to a single calling? Or is it God that instructed them to open schools along with their churches? Or is our tithe, offering and thanksgiving not enough that they also want our children's school fees to be with the church. If this church-owned schools were to be free Education, it would have been better. But some of them seem to come just for the money so much that their fees are high, yet, with average teachers. My fellow Nlanders, i'm asking: Is this necessary?
Re: The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? by sorextee(m): 7:51am On Nov 17, 2016
Right, from the right angle, and wrong from the wrong angle..

It all depends on how much the school is charging, and what they re really imparting on the children..

1 Like

Re: The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? by UrennaNkoll(f): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2016
If a church would own a school, let it be free. Afterall, the bibl says give and it shall be given unto you.

1 Like

Re: The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? by Legend87(m): 8:10am On Nov 17, 2016
UrennaNkoll:
If a church would own a school, let it be free. Afterall, the bibl says give and it shall be given unto you.

Now, that is the issue. These churches even charge much more than some standard schools. To the extent they even drove away pupils whose parents don't pay on time.
Yet, their teachers are of average level.

1 Like

Re: The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2016
Op, the trend is not only with churches. It is generally in Nigeria. Almost the top rich men in Nigeria wants to own a school. Even former millitants or terrorist also. The question is, the grduate these schools produce where will they work. I thinkk the Nigeria government should stop the opening of universities (atleast for now), and encourage those same people to use the money to open industries, factories, manufacturing companies, processing companies and the likes. If this trend continues, a time will come when graduate would be local coblars.
Re: The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? by psucc(m): 8:29am On Nov 17, 2016
Nothing bad though!!! To make it free is not feasible since the church may not be able yo cope with the resources to run them or may place a burden on members.

Bit moderate fees to reflect 'charity' should be the game.
Re: The Trend With Churches Owning A School. Right Or Wrong? by dangotesmummy: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2016
You have no control over what anyone or any church chooses to do however you have control to not attend their church or school

Next

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Just Drops: Sunday Inspiration: Must Read / Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death? / Should A Pastor Bribe Nepa Officals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.