Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

My Christian Life Is Falling Apart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Christian Life Is Falling Apart (945 Views)

Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by OkuFaba(m): 9:28am On Jun 18, 2017
I grew up in a strong christian home, my mother is a prayer warrior sef. Though growing up hasnt been easy, i served in the church from a tender age of 10, my whole life was dedicated to the works of the lord helping in his house. But recently, i've had this cold feeling that God has turned his back on me, everything i do seems to be on stand still. Since this year, i've managed to go to church twice and it was due to my mother persuading me. And to make it worse, some so called men of God i know who should help bring people like me close to the lord are engaging in ungodly activities i cant speak out here. I decided to change church last year only for the pastor to open office on top my head all in the name of giving. We organized his wedding, bought him a new car, buying him a house e.t.c and i'm just a student trying to survive. I feel like i really need to go back to God but i dont know how to get to it.
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by idesylvester(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2017
Later you people will say Catholic Church is satanic

Go to a church like Catholic, worship with a sincere heart and leave without anyone asking for your hard earned money

If you like too many prayers join charismatic

God is not selfish

2 Likes

Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2017
God never turns his back on anybody. God is in you, you are a spark of God. All you have to do is believe and hardwork
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by Robynwelo1(f): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
THERE IS NO GOD!!! Bible is a Jewish fable.
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by Lex11(m): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
Friend... (1). Continue reading the holy word of God, the Bible (even a chapter a day, book by book) - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17

(2). "Pray without ceasing" - 1 Thess 5:17

(3).... and believe in GOD... "Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?" - Matthew 6:30

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" - Hebrews 11:6

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." - Hebrews 13:5

Peace
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Robynwelo1:
How come your personal text says "Love God"?
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by obinna58(m): 11:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
lordnicklaus:

Why ar u soo bordered abt that?
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by NoWorries7(m): 1:25am On Jun 19, 2017
All you need is the WORD of GOD and the Holy Spirit... Nothing else... First keep the commandments.... Then the Holy Spirit will lead you, to all truths... You must keep the commandments first... Cos the secrets of the LORD are with them that fear him.
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by GodsMopol: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
OkuFaba:
I grew up in a strong christian home, my mother is a prayer warrior sef. Though growing up hasnt been easy, i served in the church from a tender age of 10, my whole life was dedicated to the works of the lord helping in his house. But recently, i've had this cold feeling that God has turned his back on me, everything i do seems to be on stand still. Since this year, i've managed to go to church twice and it was due to my mother persuading me. And to make it worse, some so called men of God i know who should help bring people like me close to the lord are engaging in ungodly activities i cant speak out here. I decided to change church last year only for the pastor to open office on top my head all in the name of giving. We organized his wedding, bought him a new car, buying him a house e.t.c and i'm just a student trying to survive. I feel like i really need to go back to God but i dont know how to get to it.

Well, lemme think,

God never left you

You need to forget your past

learn faith confession, faith confession is the ability to put all your trust on Gods word and speaking things that be not as though they were.

Finally, attend a spirit filled church, get filled with the evidence of speaking in tongues and I believe God would endue your with wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, shalom

1 Like

Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by GodsMopol: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Why did you say so
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by OtemAtum: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
You are waking up into the age of brain using. God Almighty the father and maker of Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu etc is not one whom you need to worship or go to a temple to meet. How can the sum total of the energy of the Universe and the multiverse be staying in a temple or a church for you to worship it.
You are a part of God and so am I. Set yourself free totally from the shackles of religion.
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by Robynwelo1(f): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
lordnicklaus:
Not too long ago, I used to love a nonexistent being.
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by Robynwelo1(f): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
GodsMopol:

Why did you say so

I really don't have the strength to type much. Read these my posts and maybe you'd get the memo
This is gonna hurt
Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Well, this just one of the many deaths and killings in the bible. Old testament you say? I am sure he is the same God right? I mean Jesus or he changed his mind. What about the apostle that struck sapphira and her husband because the lied about their property and made everyone quiver with fear?
Trust me, even Islam and Judaism practice love and evolve. But the background of all religion is nothing to write home about cause they are fables or lies.

Christianity is toxic because it puts fear in peoples minds that they would be condemned for every of their slight mistake or sin. It makes people abandon their families, business in the hope of making HEAVEN that they cannot even give a clear description of. It is a waste effective strategy, as it consumes people's time, money and energy. It gives people false hope, they do not want justice anymore, they cannot fight for their rights because they had given their will to God. It gives people false security, God is protecting me, christians are dying everyday and they cannot wake up to understand that you have to be extra cautious in what you do, some persons all in the name of God do not go to the hospital for check ups or treatment because they believe they are under the amour of God. Family planning, cut me with all the crap verses you provided. The Catholic church for example disallows the use of condom and contraceptives.
MARRIAGE! this one is frightening. Women are dying in the name of religion in the hands of their husbands and in laws. Why?

INSECURITY! Another frightening one, I could even call it ignorance. Enemies everywhere they go, Enemies. What ever happens to them is their enemy's fault or the devil. Their lack of progress is their grandmother's fault. Yes religion caused that. it make everyone believe in forces that are not there.

Thieves! Christianity caused that. God caused that. He couldn't even keep his church one, now people are fleeing from on thief to the other asking for miracle for their stupidity and those thieves are flying around in private jet.

You said it doesn't matter about the sect you belong to. I can as well call you gullible. You all condemn yourselves trust me if not you won't be converting another converted Christian to your own church. Is the holy spirit confused or is he confusing people to believe in different things? why doesn't he just tell everyone the truth?

It seems you didn't read those four accounts after the death of Jesus by four persons you do not even know or their names even and where not even among the twelve disciples of Christ talking about what happened during and after the life of Jesus. It must be the confused holy spirit that directed them. Did you really read them or your pastor gave it some meaning. Go back and spot just ten ridiculous difference in those four accounts on the resurrection of Jesus.

How can you believe so much in something filled with so many errors? How do you know the bible is not just something crafted by very creative people? Why do even the jews have a different story about Jesus? Why does every one including the Muslims have a different story? Don't you see that some group of people settled down to pick some bunch of letters that made sense to them? Why do you hold that incomplete book as your final authority?
P.S. it was not God talking to you, it was your mind that had been fed with so much lies and deceit since you were a kid.

Just few months or should I say weeks, I stopped believing in God. I wanted to know Him more and I ended up unknowing him. I used to be a terrific fighter of my faith, If anyone told me then that in a million years I would stop believing in God, in fact that would be impossible.
Here I am today, shocked that I have been deceived all my life. It took me a very long time to conclude and a very extensive research. Trust me it wasn't easy, I kept praying that it shouldn't be real until I felt numb, but reality struck me hard.

I was told doubting God was a huge sin by some of my friends until I realized that why would God make doubting his existence a sin? it's not like the evidence is so clear. I also asked myself would God condemn his creatures just because they do not believe in him regardless of if they are good people. I also asked myself, would I be happy if I go to heaven and the rest of my family and friend are in hell? I also asked myself, what about the Muslims that have been so good to me. What about the hemaphrodites, the people born with disabilities, the gay people? Why is there so much suffering and persecution? why does he let bad people have their way and the good people suffer? why does he let the good people turn bad? Why doesn't he just reveal himself to us all so we don't doubt. If he truly loved us will he condemn us for our one or two sins?

Then I discovered science and it made way more sense to me about the evolution of man, the planets, plants and animals... Then I discovered a lot of errors in the bible. The old testament was even laughable like the oduduwa tales we heard in schools. The great flood, noah's ark, Goliath, dividing red sea for 600,000 Israelite captives to pass through, talking snakes and voices from heaven, Elijah and the whirlwind.... these Jewish tales are as believable as Santa Claus.

We are humans and we cannot think beyond our capacity especially when our life here is very short, so we instill all our hope in a foreign or higher power. It is normal for EVERYBODY, that is why there are gods everywhere, but hey! people once thought the earth was flat.

What I am saying is as time goes on and technology keeps coming and the world keeps surviving, we humans will not have the need to consult a book to tell us the earth revolves round the sun in a year and rotates on it's axis. We wouldn't need a book to tell us that global warming is real.
But seriously, with all the evil going on in this world why has rapture not taken place, what is he waiting for?

Another thing that bugs me is animals, plants and micro organisms, when they die, where are they off to? Lol!

It's really really hard to get over this thing called religion, Christianity, but the world needs to get over it to allow true progress.
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by Amberon11: 4:25am On Jun 20, 2017
Ok
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by jossypet(m): 6:29am On Jun 20, 2017
All I can say to u friend is that God still loves u and is still interested in u. Talk to Him by yourself and express yourself freely to Him sincerely (not religiously). Friend, I bet u, u still need to belong to a church. God has designed it so. The church is God's body that u should identify with. Selah
Re: My Christian Life Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2017
obinna58:

Why ar u soo bordered abt that?
Not bothered.. was just confused..

(1) (Reply)

. / Does God Really Care About Women? / Pray This Prayers Before You Sleep Very important!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.