Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land (5791 Views)

Which Is A No Mans Land? Calabar,Lagos or Abuja. / The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo / One Nigeria Means That Nigeria Is No Mans Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Markfemi: 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
I discovered ibos were the first to say Lagos was no man's land because benin was in charge one time

do you know that Onitsha was also founded by Benin people to keep their igbo slaves?

Does that not mean Onitsha like lagos is also no mans land

Igbo people should come and defend themselves since they always accuse lagos

i discovered this golden history and I am runnig with it

"nitsha Mmili was known as Ado N'Idu by migrants who departed from the vicinity of the Kingdom of Benin near the far western portion of Igboland (near what is now Agbor), after a violent dispute with the[b] Oba of Benin[/b] that can be tentatively dated to the early 1500s.[5] These migrants traveled eastward through what is now Western Igboland and various towns also called "Onitsha", for example Onicha-Ugbo, "farmland-Onitsha". Folklore has it that, Onitsha was founded by one of the sons of Chima, the founder of Issele-Uku kingdom in western Igboland. Chima, a prince of the ancient Benin kingdom emigrated, settled and founded what is now known as Issele-Uku in Aniocha North Local Government Area. The eldest son of Chima eventually emigrated across the Niger River to establish the Onitsha community.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by ogashman(m): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
Oga without any apology...u no get work

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by ZorGBUooeh: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
I agree..itz no mans land grin so what? If we all die we nogo carry land go heaven.. cheesy

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by ekoonibaje4life: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
You are right as usual! With this new revelation I suggest that you relocate down there

10 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by bot101(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
Really? Where are the slaves in your narrative?

You are free to migrate there and claim no man's land, let's see how that pans out. My former neighbor (a Yoruba guy) who graduated from FUTA and served in Enugu was afraid to set up a business at Ogbete main market for fear of being overridden by Igbos already doing the same business, na onitsha you wan come try. Hmm.. I can't shout.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
Another one.... you are obviously in the 5th stage of the nairaland craze...

1st stage - observe from outside..(guest)
2nd stage - register an acct to like and comment
3rd stage - align with a group (zombie/wailer/patriots/peace lovers/Ncan)
4th stage - begin your search for likes (insults or logic)
5th stage - create threads to try to show key pad
warriors (i think am reasonable or intelligent)

6th stage - begin to get bored with your profile person.
7th stage - eventually understanding you are not being paid for all the time and energy.
8th stage - abandon profile to embrace life or go back to observing..

You see..... a lot have gone through your phase... trust me the insults and curses or assumption or observation dont go past here.. no Organization is recruiting you here as media agent or anything..

PREACH PEACE, Enjoy your stay here...

29 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by lloydtruth: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2017
Yet another igbo thread by the OP, at this stage I can only encourage the OP to maintain the momentum, but make sure you don't run ooooo.

19 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Markfemi: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2017
lloydtruth:
Yet another igbo thread by the OP, at this stage I can only encourage the OP to maintain the momentum, but make sure you don't run ooooo.

i am only saying the truth is it paining you

3 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by lloydtruth: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2017
Markfemi:

i am only saying the truth is it paining you
Yes I know you are saying the truth, please continue saying the truth made in your hate filled heart, let's see how far you can go with your so-called truth. grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Markfemi: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
lloydtruth:
Yes I know you are saying the truth, please continue saying the truth made in your hate filled heart, let's see how far you can go with your so-called truth. grin grin grin grin

return onitsha to benin before telling yorubas they dont own lagos

5 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by lloydtruth: 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
Markfemi:

return onitsha to benin before telling yorubas they dont own lagos
How do you want it returned, in baskets or in carton? Or better still you will come over to Onitsha to carry the package back to Benin? grin grin grin grin
Meanwhile I hope your people are fully aware of this journey of no return you have embarked on Nairaland? Just asking cos the rate of suicide is on the rise.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
grin grin grin if u really wanna check whether u have a spare life..go to onitsha and shout that Onitsha is a no man's land..happy checking

18 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Iamwrath: 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
The idea of No man's land originated as early as 1954 , when SW was clamoring for democracy

However i agree they are slaves / descendants of slaves , Wiki explained that Ph, Cal were major routes where they were sold in tens of thousands
Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Schematics: 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
OP, beware, Onitsha is not a no-man's land. It is own by a particular people.

4 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by nototribalist: 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
If na no man's land, how many house una fit get there? Since you no dey fear. Cowards

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by bot101(m): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
nototribalist:
If na no man's land, how many house una fit get there? Since you no dey fear. Cowards

Tell them ooo. Nobody is begging anyone to claim Onitsha, let them just come and take it.

5 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by azimibraun: 5:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Markfemi: 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
nototribalist:

Onitsha is as worthless as Sahara desert
No non Igbo owns anything in it buhaa

4 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Gotze1: 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hahahaha, see as the thread dey pain Igbos both male n female hehehehehe. This guy bad.

1 Like

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Gotze1: 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
o
Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Markfemi: 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
sekxy:
grin grin grin if u really wanna check whether u have a spare life..go to onitsha and shout that Onitsha is a no man's land..happy checking

ONITSHA IS NO MANS LAND !

4 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
Markfemi:

ONITSHA IS NO MANS LAND !
not here on NL...I mean just come out of your enclaved ogbomoso mud thatched house and take a trip to Onitsha..safe trip !!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Integrityfarms(m): 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
Yes we agree Onitsha is no man's land. Come a d possess it naaa, are you scared?
Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Gotze1: 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
nototribalist:
Trash, is that all you can post. I will take this one over this poo down here anyday. Can't even imagine that humans are eating this thing. Spit, look how horrible it is. Can't even spot the difference between it and human poo. nyanma.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by boss1310(m): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
come to Onitsha ask of enu Onitsha,when you get there tell one of the Onitsha indigenes that their homeland is owned by no man

1 Like

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Gotze1: 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
sekxy:

not here on NL...I mean just come out of your enclaved ogbomoso mud thatched house and take a trip to Onitsha..safe trip !!!
Aunty, but why the thing the paper you for body?

3 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
See as op thread dey bite Igbo peeps grin grin when una dey run una mouths like motor wey in brake fail say Lagos na no man's land shey una dey see yorubas wailing? So u no fit chow wetin u dey dish others sef. Hahahahaha una oga don land. Bahahahaha cheesy cheesy

Gotze1:
Trash, is that all you can post. I will take this one over this poo down here anyday. Can't even imagine that humans are eating this thing. Spit, look how horrible it is. Can't even spot the difference between it and human poo. nyanma.
Eww.who eats that gross shit? *pukes*

7 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by victorDanladi: 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
Markfemi:
I discovered ibos were the first to say Lagos was no man's land because benin was in charge one time

do you know that Onitsha was also founded by Benin people to keep their igbo slaves?

Does that not mean Onitsha like lagos is also no mans land

Igbo people should come and defend themselves since they always accuse lagos

i discovered this golden history and I am runnig with it

"nitsha Mmili was known as Ado N'Idu by migrants who departed from the vicinity of the Kingdom of Benin near the far western portion of Igboland (near what is now Agbor), after a violent dispute with the[b] Oba of Benin[/b] that can be tentatively dated to the early 1500s.[5] These migrants traveled eastward through what is now Western Igboland and various towns also called "Onitsha", for example Onicha-Ugbo, "farmland-Onitsha". Folklore has it that, Onitsha was founded by one of the sons of Chima, the founder of Issele-Uku kingdom in western Igboland. Chima, a prince of the ancient Benin kingdom emigrated, settled and founded what is now known as Issele-Uku in Aniocha North Local Government Area. The eldest son of Chima eventually emigrated across the Niger River to establish the Onitsha community.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onitsha

No be only Onitsha....

Even Enugu was established by the British.They dont have traditional ruler.that is why a fulani man was the first mayor of enugu.

Igbo traditionally are not urbanised they live in villages.Even,till now,most of them still call the whole east village while in Lagos.You will hear them saying..."I am going to my village",you will eventually discover that he is talking of "owerri".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2017
Gotze1:
Aunty, but why the thing the paper you for body?
mallam...cant u wish him safe trip

3 Likes

Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by redsun(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
The land belong to those that can make good use it and evolve efficiently. A man without land to till is like a tree without roots. He can not sustain himself independently.
Re: Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land by intervention3(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
onitsha is located in south east which makes it automatically a igbo land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker / How Nigeria Was Sold To The British For 1.1 Million Dollars In 1899 / Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.