Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages (21812 Views)

Mercy Aigbe is back in my house - Lanre Gentry / Lanre Gentry Celebrates Mercy Aigbe's 40th Birthday. "You Are Still My Wife" / Lanre Gentry, Bimbo Akinsanya Were Married Before Mercy Aigbe Got Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by adontcare(f): 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
Yeye man

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by subtlemee(f): 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Justdare: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hnmmmm
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by subtlemee(f): 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
WebSurfer:

Just keep quiet if you don't know what to say or wait till you grow up to see what life truly is

Please sir don't transfer your life frustrations and or aggression on me..i didn't send you on any errand

3 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by realemmyz: 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
Guys honestly dis country no dey interesting anymore dem don chase mama Jonah and her English comot and Buhari d grammarian don run comot for country. Osinbajo is too qualified to lead so does big belly politicians wey dey use grammar confuse demselves no fit accuse am. Abeg we need some political saga
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by chuksanambra: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
Jobabori:
The government should have be a peace maker rather than been a home destroyer by taken him to court and still insisting on having interest in the case. Is that how those government officers could have acted if their son or daughter were involved in such domestic brawl?. African society have mechanism for solving marital brawl. Theirs is not the first of such problem witnessed in our communities. There are traditional way of solving such problem without involving court. If their own children were involved, they would have result to inviting elders in both sides, religion leaders, committee of friends and so on to solve the problem rather than going to court. The government seems to be crying more than the bereaved. I have seen situations worse than theirs and yet the couple still reconciled when peace makers intervened. We should remember that their child is a connecting rod between them and Yoruba says that a marriage market which has produce a child will continue to blossom. Thank God mercy is still using her wedding ring despite the intrusion of government satanic agents.

Mercy isn't a Saint, Lanre isn't an angel. However, when you hit anyone, be it your wife or maid, that's criminal assault and you can be sued for battery.

If you come from a lineage of men who beat uo their wives and such wives endure constant pummeling cos of the kids, that's your business. Don't force your criminal and unenlightened tendencies down our throats.

4 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by LorenzoU: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
stupid dont dare ask me who

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by obataokenwa(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I agree with you, Sir.

His English composition and spelling is not in the realm of human consumption.
You guys are damn funny

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by VanBommel(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
subtlemee:
Scales are falling from his eyes now, he's missing his wife and beginning to see reasons

A wife is worth more than a thousand side chics cos she'll always have your back through thick and thin
so mercy is the wife that is worth more than a thousand sidechicks?
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by chuksanambra: 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I agree with you, Sir.

His English composition and spelling is not in the realm of human consumption.

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by WebSurfer(m): 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
subtlemee:

Please sir don't transfer your life frustrations and or aggression on me..i didn't send you on any errand
Just look at this one
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by subtlemee(f): 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
WebSurfer:

Just look at this one, look at how many people quoted the nonsense you wrote up there and comprehend why yourself

What do you call nonsense,that I said a man is missing his wife or a wife is better than a side chic? It's evident you are bitter why not take it out on who and what caused it and leave my nonsense post alone? Or the marriage you were planning didn't work out and you are aggrieved by any marriage post? From your quotes I can see the kind of husband you'll make...mtscheeeew,don't touch me by my tail please

3 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by WebSurfer(m): 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
subtlemee:

What do you call nonsense,that I said a man is missing his wife or a wife is better than a side chic? It's evident you are bitter why not take it out on who and what caused it and leave my nonsense post alone? Or the marriage you were planning didn't work out and you are aggrieved by any marriage post? From your quotes I can see the kind of husband you'll make...mtscheeeew,don't touch me by my tail please
You don't know the way you are ranting here says alot about yourself already . Still looking at you
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Burgerlomo: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
Abeg na only you waka come? No be Naija you dey when Mama Peace say my fellow widower when her husband still dey alive and a sitting president for that matter, the award they gave to your wife simply means that you're not exist at all, and that doesn't translate to a physical or natural dead grin E pain am
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by subtlemee(f): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2017
WebSurfer:

You don't know the way you are ranting here says alot about yourself already . Still looking at you

Still looking at you too and keenly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by WebSurfer(m): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
subtlemee:

I will not even bother to open your page or profile to tell anything . Just a complete waste of time
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by subtlemee(f): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
WebSurfer:

I will not even bother to open your page or profile to tell anything . Just a complete waste of time

You should've known this before quoting me,why the sudden realisation?

3 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by bettyLad(f): 11:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lolz .oga is pained ..the govt really tampered with is ego ..deep down he still want his wife back .oga sorry oh ,your wife is now a big time slay mama

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by sarahade(f): 2:34am On Jun 19, 2017
Jobabori:
The government should have be a peace maker rather than been a home destroyer by taken him to court and still insisting on having interest in the case. Is that how those government officers could have acted if their son or daughter were involved in such domestic brawl?. African society have mechanism for solving marital brawl. Theirs is not the first of such problem witnessed in our communities. There are traditional way of solving such problem without involving court. If their own children were involved, they would have result to inviting elders in both sides, religion leaders, committee of friends and so on to solve the problem rather than going to court. The government seems to be crying more than the bereaved. I have seen situations worse than theirs and yet the couple still reconciled when peace makers intervened. We should remember that their child is a connecting rod between them and Yoruba says that a marriage market which has produce a child will continue to blossom. Thank God mercy is still using her wedding ring despite the intrusion of government satanic agents.
What exactly are you saying sir
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 19, 2017
Jobabori:

The rubbish you are spewing is fascinating. The government should have been a peace maker? The government does not give a f about relationships EXCEPT when you go against the law. It doesn't matter if they are married or whatsoever, he went against the law for raising up his hands at her. It's called human rights undecided

I wonder if you'll say the same if it's your bro he had beaten. Of course not. In your bleeped up mind a man = human but a woman or more specifically, a wife isn't
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by davidif: 6:16am On Jun 19, 2017
lovelygurl:
Loooool

Wasn't he flaunting his new girl the other day grin

When?
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Daboomb: 7:02am On Jun 19, 2017
eyinjuege:
As usual, refusing to take responsibility.

Why blame the government and absolve yourself of all wrong?

What justifies you breaking your wife's head? Or was it the govt that asked you to do so?

He's not even realised what he did was wrong, this one needs to spend extra time in prison. He seems to have forgotten his case hasn't been settled yet. 7 years loading soon...

Let us admit that both Husband and Wife, have their roles they played, in the breakdown of their marriage..it takes TWO to tango!

Let us admit that Marriages, being a union of TWO different people, will always suffer altercations, but they should try and resolve it amicably.

Now, the Government, through the Court system, can through their Policies, ADD FUEL to the FIRE, by actually encouraging marital breakdowns.
For example, if you have a Govt that REWARDS Divorce, then you are encouraging it and more families will divorce because there is a reward for doing so.

It is actually stewpid, for anyone whose Husband is alive, to call herself a Widow, there are phrases like Separated, Divorcee, Miss, Single lady, e.t.c that can conveniently describe her situation, unless she is saying she wishes him DEAD.
And for a Govt of the day to call her (with a living Husband) a WIDOW AMBASSADOR, shows the level of idiocy of the people giving her such role.

You just have to reason properly, to understand the folly of her position and the sense in what Gentry just said.

Anyone, Male of female, who runs their mouth at, and VERBALLY ASSAULTS another person stronger than them during an altercation, is looking for a broken Skull..... the alternative is to try to DE-ESCALATE the situation first, after which you can take further actions of your liking.
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Daboomb: 7:06am On Jun 19, 2017
lovelygurl:

The rubbish you are spewing is fascinating. The government should have been a peace maker? The government does not give a f about relationships EXCEPT when you go against the law. It doesn't matter if they are married or whatsoever, he went against the law for raising up his hands at her. It's called human rights undecided

I wonder if you'll say the same if it's your bro he had beaten. Of course not. In your bleeped up mind a man = human but a woman or more specifically, a wife isn't

I am sure you are an underage, judging from the way you reason!
Drop your personal Angst against Men ....and use your brain for once

If we start from the role of any thrid party in a marriage altercation, the first DUTY is to make PEACE.
Even in a divorce proceedings, a Judge will still ask the parties to GO BACK and TRY to WORK THINGS OUT, the Judge will only dissolve the marriage if and when bith parties fail to work things out, after been given that option.

Govt has no business siding one party against the other.
These Govt officials running their mouth are not Magistrates in a Court of law.
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Daboomb: 7:19am On Jun 19, 2017
Jobabori:

It really takes some experienced and matured, to make a post like the above.
Some here are mixing too many things together, from the feminazzis, to the Men-haters, to those who are still nursing some broken relationship, to those trying to push an agenda, to friends of the husband's former wife, e.t.c.....bottom line is that they've a;; gone into overdrive!

Those with a little sense know that every altercation between husband and wife MUST NOT and should not lead to the complete destruction of one of the parties.

Obviously, there are "behind the scenes" players in this Mercy and Gentry case.
I do not pity the guy because he is obviously not "smart" at all and he has not learnt anything from his previous broken marriage but even at that, he should not be used a s a scape-goat.

No one cane claim that when Husband and wife fight, the Wife's hand is usually tied behind her back while the husband pummels her!
The wife fights back, only that the Husband being a Man, is stronger than her (We have seen cases where a stronger wife beats the husband silly!).
Mr. Gentry should ...and could also counter-sue the wife for assault and battery and both cases heard simultaneously.

The Courts would now decide, not some Govt functionary with an axe to grind.

If people cant "make peace" between warring couples, they should at least stand-afar and let those who cherish mending broken marriages, do it!
Though, we understand that "those whose homes/life are already destroyed, want safety in numbers".
undecided undecided
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by ddeola: 7:20am On Jun 19, 2017
Make dem mind their business until u kill her because she marry u abi ? The dude is not even remorseful

If you allow govt pounce on you, you go hear am. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 19, 2017
grin
EgunMogaji:

I agree with you, Sir.

His English composition and spelling are not in the realm of human consumption.
grin
EgunMogaji:

I agree with you, Sir.

His English composition and spelling are not in the realm of human consumption.

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by eyinjuege: 8:51am On Jun 19, 2017
Daboomb:

Let us admit that both Husband and Wife, have their roles they played, in the breakdown of their marriage..it takes TWO to tango!

Let us admit that Marriages, being a union of TWO different people, will always suffer altercations, but they should try and resolve it amicably.

Now, the Government, through the Court system, can through their Policies, ADD FUEL to the FIRE, by actually encouraging marital breakdowns.
For example, if you have a Govt that REWARDS Divorce, then you are encouraging it and more families will divorce because there is a reward for doing so.

It is actually stewpid, for anyone whose Husband is alive, to call herself a Widow, there are phrases like Separated, Divorcee, Miss, Single lady, e.t.c that can conveniently describe her situation, unless she is saying she wishes him DEAD.
And for a Govt of the day to call her (with a living Husband) a WIDOW AMBASSADOR, shows the level of idiocy of the people giving her such role.

You just have to reason properly, to understand the folly of her position and the sense in what Gentry just said.

Anyone, Male of female, who runs their mouth at, and VERBALLY ASSAULTS another person stronger than them during an altercation, is looking for a broken Skull..... the alternative is to try to DE-ESCALATE the situation first, after which you can take further actions of your liking.

There's no fuel to any fire.

We're all 'children' of the government, and a responsible govt knows this.
Assault should never be encouraged in any sane society, and such violent people should pay for that.
You as a parent have no right to assault your child, despite the fact that you birthed such a child.
And definitely not as a spouse do you have the right to assault your partner. This goes for both men and women btw.
We are not barbarians, and definitely not animals, though we do have some animals in human skin (animals are even better than some humans tbh, and its even an insult to animals to refer to some individuals as animals).

I think the govt should make it compulsory for employers to ensure their employees take some online courses/modules on health and safety, conflict resolution etc. It seems most people thrive on ignorance in Nigeria. Under no circumstances can you equate verbal altercation to assault. Assault simply means getting physical with someone.
People who assault others need to go and spend some time in prison for reflection. That's one of the reasons people are put in prison, to reflect on their actions and possibly learn from it.
Please the lawyers amongst us need to start educating NLers on the position of the law in these cases. Put your knowledge to good use abeg. There's vtoo much ignorance and sentiments about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 19, 2017
subtlemee:
Scales are falling from his eyes now, he's missing his wife and beginning to see reasons

A wife is worth more than a thousand side chics cos she'll always have your back through thick and thin
Habahahaha..thru thick only.
Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Daboomb:

I am sure you are an underage, judging from the way you reason!
Drop your personal Angst against Men ....and use your brain for once

If we start from the role of any thrid party in a marriage altercation, the first DUTY is to make PEACE.
Even in a divorce proceedings, a Judge will still ask the parties to GO BACK and TRY to WORK THINGS OUT, the Judge will only dissolve the marriage if and when bith parties fail to work things out, after been given that option.

Govt has no business siding one party against the other.
These Govt officials running their mouth are not Magistrates in a Court of law.

It's clear from your post that you are fool. Did I say it's the government's business, mumu? I even said it's none of their business. They can argue and do whatever they want. It becomes their business when someone is hurt! That's why I was referring to the human rights but I guess you are too stupid to understand. Don't worry, they will come and get you too

2 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Slams Government For Destroying Marriages by UDIOK: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I can swear on my scrotum that Lanre Gentry did not write that himself.

When did he learn to write that well in English
Probably one of his LASU sidechicks that composed that Father's Day message.
Your own English self need touch light

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ronke Oshodi Oke’s Son, Richmond's 5th Birthday Party In Pictures / Complete Biography And History Of Aisha Lawal / "Out Here Chilling" - Bbnaija Nina Stuns In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.